Huge Restock @ GameStop. Tons of GC GBA Games 75% off + More!

swatman27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
I remember when GameStop did this a few years back with the GameCube games and I made a thread about it. Thought it may be time to make a post for this restock. This time, they added several thousand items. They went from 8,000 items in stock to over 13,000. Check below for a link to lead you to all the available games for each system. The last time GameStop restocked stuff like this, things kept on coming back in stock throughout the week, so keep an eye out.

All of these are 75% off:

:gba: GameBoy Advance

:gc: GameCube

Below are the systems that were restocked but have no discount

:ds: Nintendo DS

:psp: PlayStation Portable (these are B2G2)

:pc: PC (several new games for $0.97)

:3ds: Nintendo 3DS

:ps2: PlayStation 2

They also have some DVD's & Blu Rays up that are $1 ($0.76 after PUR and cag16)

:dvd: DVD

:br: Blu-Ray (not much in stock now)

Don't forget to use the code SAVER to get free shipping for orders over $24.99 and CAG16 for used games (cag16 is not stackable with the 75% off games).

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Here are some of the noteworthy things that are in stock. Keep in mind that things may go oos and be restocked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got another haul of games in today, and they were all the right games at least. Ended up with complete copies of Haven, Hot Shots Golf Fore, Rise of Honor, and Pirates: The Black Buccaneer. All of the other games were disc-only, except Beatmania and Taiko Drum Master, which were in generic cases. They also sent me an extra copy of Hot Shots Golf Fore in the same package and from the same store, but one is BL and the other is GH.

I somehow got CAG16 and SAVER to stack on an order just a couple of minutes ago, but now I cant do it again. Anyone figure out how to stack these two? it seems like it is still possible...

I don't even know what I expected from this restock but today I got some stuff in the mail. The Avengers DVD was a rental copy in a black generic case, I got a Mad Catz memory card instead of the Nyko one and it came broken, and for some reason they sent me a second Mad Catz memory card. I should get the rest of the packages tomorrow. I can't wait to see what surprises await me.

Had ordered Onimusha 2, The Thing, and a few others last week. The two I mentioned came in today, and while The Thing came disc only in good condition, my copy of Onimusha 2 was bent in half >_>

question: These retro games ordered from Gamestop (PS(2) specifically)...do they come complete (ie. disc, case, manual, cover arts)? I see some I really want....but I'm truly worried Gamestop will ship me just a disc. Furthermore will they accept returns if they do ship me a piece of shit?

Well I just some of my order and all the ps2 games came in just a sleeve. So that's a little lame

but whatever I guess

question: These retro games ordered from Gamestop (PS(2) specifically)...do they come complete (ie. disc, case, manual, cover arts)? I see some I really want....but I'm truly worried Gamestop will ship me just a disc. Furthermore will they accept returns if they do ship me a piece of shit?
1. Assume you'll only get the disc (Not saying you want get the case, juse saying its slim)

2. You can return them to any gamestop, they don't have to carry PS2 games (I just did this yesterday)

Expect disc only.

99.99999999% of PS2 games are gutted. Don't even bother if you really want the artwork and manual. Heck, I wouldn't even bother if I didn't have a JFJ Easy Pro buffing machine. 

damn. that's a real shame. I guess I won't even bother ordering. Man Gamestop why you always gotta be so shitty. Why you always gotta get me down. Grrrr

Being able to return does make me feel a little better but still. Mehhhhhhhhhhh

anyways thanks everyone

Got a complete DS game today and 2 that didn't work, so looks like I'm heading to GS *sigh*

Every silver lining has a cloud I guess.
Before you return them, grab a Q-Tip, put some alchahol on it and clean the ds carts pins off. I've found sometimes they get dirty, and this does the trick.

Edit: Obviously, let the pins dry before trying again. Cheers and good luck

I somehow got CAG16 and SAVER to stack on an order just a couple of minutes ago, but now I cant do it again. Anyone figure out how to stack these two? it seems like it is still possible...
You can add both to orders easily, put in SAVER before CAG16. But only do it if you're ordering non-clearance games. The PS2/GC 75% off doesn't stack with CAG16 and instead overrides it, so you'd get 16% off instead of 75% off.

Also, promo codes won't work with OOS games that you can still add to your cart. So if you can add it, and CAG16 doesn't work on it, it's probably not in stock.

I don't even know what I expected from this restock but today I got some stuff in the mail. The Avengers DVD was a rental copy in a black generic case, I got a Mad Catz memory card instead of the Nyko one and it came broken, and for some reason they sent me a second Mad Catz memory card. I should get the rest of the packages tomorrow. I can't wait to see what surprises await me.
I also got a two madcatz memory cards instead of Nyko also got a controller in but wasn't the same one as I had ordered.

LOL so I got one for you guys.

I bought 6 games. 2 shipped separately and arrived today. They show tracking numbers on my order.

I was never charged and kept looking for it to come through.

Now I got an email - Unfortunately, we are not able to ship the item you requested to the address provided. Your order xxxx has been cancelled, and you will not be charged. Thank you so much for your cooperation, and again we apologize for any inconvenience.

You think they'll ever get me for the 2 games they sent?

damn. that's a real shame. I guess I won't even bother ordering. Man Gamestop why you always gotta be so shitty. Why you always gotta get me down. Grrrr

Being able to return does make me feel a little better but still. Mehhhhhhhhhhh

anyways thanks everyone
You know PS2 games are 75% off, right? So a lot of these games are 50 cents to $1. It sucks that they're not complete but they wouldn't be able to afford the real estate for them.

You can add both to orders easily, put in SAVER before CAG16. But only do it if you're ordering non-clearance games. The PS2/GC 75% off doesn't stack with CAG16 and instead overrides it, so you'd get 16% off instead of 75% off.

Also, promo codes won't work with OOS games that you can still add to your cart. So if you can add it, and CAG16 doesn't work on it, it's probably not in stock.
Really it works for you? I cant add both. I add SAVER first and then CAG16, but the CAG16 bumps out the saver and gives me the error message "The coupon you entered is not currently valid. Please check the spelling of the code and the expiration date of the coupon."

doesnt matter what I use these on; clearance games, non-clearance games, vintage games etc. They all do this. about a month ago GS made it so Saver stopped working with CAG16

It will be interesting how this plays out, so far 9 good(disc only) 7 bad/problems of the almost 100 games, accessories, dvds and things I ordered in several orders on restocks which are all flowing in a few at a time in plain padded envelopes.

Ordered this dvd:
989889b.jpg

got this one: 
MV5BMTQyODQzMjcwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDEyODg0MDE@._V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Obviously the names are the same, but the product page is still up, not what its supposed to be:

http://www.gamestop.com/dvd/movies-tv/sucker-punch/108963

Honestly, I guess I was being naive, but the condition of some of these discs is terrible, deep scratches, cuts, grooves, all of the ones I got appear to have never been touched by a buffing machine, yet every time I trade anything in, the junior detectives go over it with a microscope and want to charge me a refurb fee for the most minor little nick. How these things made it blows my mind, Im expecting a 50% return rate on what is still coming.

Really it works for you? I cant add both. I add SAVER first and then CAG16, but the CAG16 bumps out the saver and gives me the error message "The coupon you entered is not currently valid. Please check the spelling of the code and the expiration date of the coupon."
doesnt matter what I use these on; clearance games, non-clearance games, vintage games etc. They all do this. about a month ago GS made it so Saver stopped working with CAG16
I actually used both together a week ago on a order both still work. The problem is the site glitches with the code so sometime it work and sometime it don't. So it ymmv. Another order half a week ago it wouldn't apply then later that night both applied to same order.

I just ordered 14 games, had alot more but a ton of them sold out as I was doing other things. I used the saving code and got free shipping though even though I only spent $10.31. really hope I dont get some of these horror stories ive read in this thread so far

Got my Zero Escape for Vita Complete with Case

And 2 of my 5 PS2 Network Adapters 

Still need a couple pc games and PSP games to get here 

The chances of any PS2 games being complete here are practically zero.

If that matters a lot to you, buy it on eBay.  I can relate to it; I'm generally over it now but most of my early PS2 games are complete.

I actually used both together a week ago on a order both still work. The problem is the site glitches with the code so sometime it work and sometime it don't. So it ymmv. Another order half a week ago it wouldn't apply then later that night both applied to same order.
That's true. Half of the time I can get the coupons to stack, but the other half nothing works. Though, I've found on certain occasions that adding different items to my cart, or rearranging the order I put them in there affects things enough to both codes to work. Still, there's no guarantee that you'll get them both to work no matter how much you switch things up in your cart.

My 25 cent PS2 multi-tap arrived and it was brand spanking new! lol

Hope others were just as lucky as me.

my 2 wireless PS2 controllers came in... 1 of which was BRAND NEW in package (Madcatz). The other being a used Pelican brand one. 

Still have countless PS2 stuff on it's way

It will be interesting how this plays out, so far 9 good(disc only) 7 bad/problems of the almost 100 games, accessories, dvds and things I ordered in several orders on restocks which are all flowing in a few at a time in plain padded envelopes.

Ordered this dvd:
989889b.jpg

got this one:
MV5BMTQyODQzMjcwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDEyODg0MDE@._V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Obviously the names are the same, but the product page is still up, not what its supposed to be:

Honestly, I guess I was being naive, but the condition of some of these discs is terrible, deep scratches, cuts, grooves, all of the ones I got appear to have never been touched by a buffing machine, yet every time I trade anything in, the junior detectives go over it with a microscope and want to charge me a refurb fee for the most minor little nick. How these things made it blows my mind, Im expecting a 50% return rate on what is still coming.
Somehow, NOBODY SAW IT COMING.

Ordered this dvd:
989889b.jpg

got this one:

I think they know but they just like f***ing with you.

Make sure you check your credit card statements. I was charged almost $80 more than what I paid.
What did you end up doing? Did you return the games? Ask for the difference? Dispute with cc company?

I made 2 orders but I see many individual charges as pending on the statement and they add up more than I paid for.

Oh boy, my new copy of Prinny PSP came in!

mcdj55.jpg

Damn it, Gamestop...
Heck....sans the OST I'm sure some GS employees would still call that "new."

And as if things were getting better....

They have yet to ship out a Gods Eater Burst PSP almost a week later. Add insult to injury Golden Compass somehow made it into my order when I wanted Sonic Riders Zero Gravity. WTF?

I ordered Metal Gear Acid 2 and received the first one. I wasn't sure it was the first one initially, so I went to check my copy of Metal Gear Acid 1 (that I ordered from GS not too long ago) and Metal Gear Acid 2 was in the case. Not sure how I missed that initially, but it all evened out.

More concise: ordered MGA 2, received 1. Few months ago: ordered MGA 1, received 2.

Make sure you check your credit card statements. I was charged almost $80 more than what I paid.
thank you for posting this, I just checked and they got me too

What did you end up doing? Did you return the games? Ask for the difference? Dispute with cc company?

I made 2 orders but I see many individual charges as pending on the statement and they add up more than I paid for.
Not really sure how to handle this myself, thinking of the best way, already see a nightmare at the store level, but I wanted to keep the games that were actually in good shape, and the accessories but return the bad and wrong ones for money back. This looks like its going to be a real pita.

I had a loose Wii disc in one of their sleeves in a Bubble Mailer. Luckily it was fine but they keep that up and it's obvious they will have some damaged games being returned AND THEN BEING PUT RIGHT BACK ON THE SHELF FOR SALE.
Fixed ^ (lol...seriously...the last defective game I returned...with a disc that was covered in stickers and actually made scraping/grinding sounds inside my ps3...was back on the shelf the next time I went to my local store).

Lol...btw, do they still have Music Unlimited subscription cards up in the stores? I think the stores here were actually still selling Music Unlmited 6 month or 1 year subscription cards months after Music Unlimited shut down.

My MGS3 was the Essential Collection version that is actually Subsistence but has no easily identifiable markings that illustrate that. That was pretty nice and surprising at the same time.

Every other PS2 game came in fairly decent shape with the exception of 007: Agent Under Fire, but I only need that for a short amount of time in order to install FMCB. Hoping that I can get that working up until the 2nd level using some Arm and Hammer toothpaste.

As for the DS games I ordered, all of them came cart-only with clean labels other than one of the three copies of Lunar: Dragon Song I ordered, which had some initials on the cart. Not going to bother doing anything about the total $0.60 it cost me.

No More Heroes 1 and 2 for the Wii both came disc-only, so I'll be returning those and will probably bite the bullet and buy some complete copies of eBay for a little more than I'd like to pay.

Overall I'm really happy with the results of all my orders from the restock.

So far, the only issue I've had is that I ordered "Transformers" (The surprisingly good Atari game based on the crappy Armada series) and received "Transformers: The Game" (The Activision title based on the movie).   A little disappointed, but understandable.  Gamestop's own website refers to both as simply "Transformers," even though the label has "...The Game" on it.

*shrug*

Ordered 6 DS games + wonderful 101 and Mario tennis 64.

Only 1 DS game and wonderful 101 & Mario 64 shipped so far...

Hoping they fulfill the rest...just hoping wario ware DS comes

todays arrivals...

Onimusha 3
Tak and the Guardians of Gross
DJ Hero w/ Turntable and Dongle (DJ Hero complete with case, disc looks brand new)

Have another DJ Hero bundle on the way along with 70 more games and some accessories...

Just realized my Persona Innocent Sin PSP was delivered 5 states away....Tried calling GS and after 50 min on hold they are closed. It was the free game on my order from the b2g2 free. Not sure what they are gonna do but they better do something since UPS said to call GS. The other games on that irder arrived safely so I know the address was correct. Uggghhhh....

Just realized my Persona Innocent Sin PSP was delivered 5 states away....Tried calling GS and after 50 min on hold they are closed. It was the free game on my order from the b2g2 free. Not sure what they are gonna do but they better do something since UPS said to call GS. The other games on that irder arrived safely so I know the address was correct. Uggghhhh....
You could try emailing them. It took them exactly 48 hours to get back to me but they did actually respond. I gave up on the phone after waiting on hold for an hour.

You could try emailing them. It took them exactly 48 hours to get back to me but they did actually respond. I gave up on the phone after waiting on hold for an hour.
Trying that now but only 250 characters is a bit of a joke to explain your issue. I've also tried submitting it 3 times and keep getting an error.

UPS said it was delivered to the correct address so they say GS made the mistake, though to be fair UPS has never taken much responsibilty in my experience, lol. Eventually I'll get through but with that being the free game I'm afraid they won't do much.

bread's done
Back