Ring of Honor Rising Above Teaser #3

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KZvlMM0sMA[/MEDIA]

[quote name='Zen Davis']
backlash08.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Man, that looks incredibly lame.

[quote name='xcoax']Man, that looks incredibly lame.[/QUOTE]

Beyond lame.

Couldn't they have at least photoshopped him into a graveyard or something.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']The AWA show on ESPN Classic was fine - not as good as the Monday night show, which was easily the best overall AWA show shown on Classic[/quote]

One thing I did notice was Shawn Michaels' interview after the match. Did he not hit puberty then or something? Sounded weird to hear him talk and not have a grainy voice.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I don't care about any of the out of the ring shit, anyone who says they weren't marking out for Goldberg during the streak is a fucking liar. He is just like Hogan. People bitch and bitch and bitch, but when that music hits they all go into mark out mode.[/quote]

I'll admit it, I was a huge mark for him, in fact I have a Goldberg t-shirt somewhere, but I also was a kid, so go figure.

Goldberg debuted in WCW in late '97. I would have been around 14 or so then...and I really liked Goldberg...and to a degree still do today. The main problem with Goldy, was that when Nash booked himself to beat Goldberg...Goldberg was just never the same again. Which is sad as I've always liked the "destructive dude who kills everyone" gimmick, assuming they're worth it. (I.E. Snitsky not worth it, Umaga worth it now but sucked at first)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I don't care about any of the out of the ring shit, anyone who says they weren't marking out for Goldberg during the streak is a fucking liar. He is just like Hogan. People bitch and bitch and bitch, but when that music hits they all go into mark out mode.[/quote]

Yeah, I enjoyed Goldberg in WCW and a lot of that was his unstoppable persona. We had seen a couple of guys like that before in Hogan and Warrior, but Goldberg was stronger, faster and more agile than both of them. I think Exposed! Wrestling Secrets, and the internet really took away from the innocence of the average fan. Now instead of rooting and booing, we critique booking, the match, pushes, look at the politics and it really isn't as fun as before we took a bite from the fruit of "wrestling knowledge". My opinion of Hogan changed based on politics, not what was going on in the ring.

Anyway, I enjoyed Brock too because he was credible as being unstoppable. The right thing WWE did though was have a credible underdog beat him before the winning streak got stale. Brock IMO, was the best overall talent I have ever seen. A hoss with amazing speed, unequaled strength, incredible agility and actual wrestling ability. There hasn't been anyone even close to him in wrestling and probably never will be.

Goldberg!
Goldberg!
Goldberg!

He needs his own thread. The fans are calling his name!!!!!!!

Anyways I loved goldberg. I met him the day after at publix in lawrenceville the night after he won the belt off hogan. I got him to sign my ticket stub! I got a ric flair around here some where!!!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yeah, I enjoyed Goldberg in WCW and a lot of that was his unstoppable persona. We had seen a couple of guys like that before in Hogan and Warrior, but Goldberg was stronger, faster and more agile than both of them. I think Exposed! Wrestling Secrets, and the internet really took away from the innocence of the average fan. Now instead of rooting and booing, we critique booking, the match, pushes, look at the politics and it really isn't as fun as before we took a bite from the fruit of "wrestling knowledge". My opinion of Hogan changed based on politics, not what was going on in the ring.

Anyway, I enjoyed Brock too because he was credible as being unstoppable. The right thing WWE did though was have a credible underdog beat him before the winning streak got stale. Brock IMO, was the best overall talent I have ever seen. A hoss with amazing speed, unequaled strength, incredible agility and actual wrestling ability. There hasn't been anyone even close to him in wrestling and probably never will be.[/QUOTE]

Very true words about Brock - who knows where he'd be now in wrestling if he stuck with it? Better or worse off than someone with a promising career in UFC? Hmm.

Who was the first person to pin Brock? I can't remember.

As for Goldberg, I never liked the guy, but I was a dumbass kid who bought into the "I don't like Ted Turner's wrasslin'" marketing crap from the WWF.

Brock had talent? I never liked him. His move was cool though. I think Goldberg had some talent. Well besideds baging his head on doors and walls!

NEW PAGE! NEW HUMAN TORNADO VIDEO!

YOU KNOW YOU fuckED UP RIGHT? YOU KNOW WHAT THE PUNISHMENT IS BITCH?!

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=AGG2ggoaSO0[/MEDIA]

[quote name='mykevermin']As for Goldberg, I never liked the guy, but I was a dumbass kid who bought into the "I don't like Ted Turner's wrasslin'" marketing crap from the WWF.[/QUOTE]

I never much liked Goldberg myself for many of the same reasons why I don't like Cena. As in the being shoved down my throat Superman push. At least during the initial undefeated streak was believeable for Goldberg that I will give credit to... until you look deeper into the matter beyond what is said on TV as "The Death Of WCW" book details into. From what I remember reading in the book there were weekend WCW house shows during that streak where Goldberg lost a match yet somehow magically those losses were still counted as "wins" on TV.

I'm loving the Human Tornado video every page. Its like the Ron Simmon's "DAMN!" but it hasn't gotten old yet.

Im going to keep posting. just to see another video!!!!

The more I watch the more I want this guy in wwe! That got to get this guy! I might watch again with this guy! They would have to let him be crazy like that though. NOt just a high flyer! Let him do what he does.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I believe it was the Big Show to get the first win on Brock.[/quote]

[quote name='mykevermin']Very true words about Brock - who knows where he'd be now in wrestling if he stuck with it? Better or worse off than someone with a promising career in UFC? Hmm.

Who was the first person to pin Brock? I can't remember.

As for Goldberg, I never liked the guy, but I was a dumbass kid who bought into the "I don't like Ted Turner's wrasslin'" marketing crap from the WWF.[/quote]

I thought Eddie Guerrero was the first guy to pin Brock?

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Brock had talent? I never liked him. His move was cool though. I think Goldberg had some talent. Well besideds baging his head on doors and walls![/QUOTE]

Brock was 100 times more talented than Goldberg.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I thought Eddie Guerrero was the first guy to pin Brock?[/QUOTE]

No, Eddie ended Brock's 3rd title reign. His first ended with a loss to Big Show, his second, he lost to Kurt Angle. He lost several matches to Angle and Undertaker, I know that.

Did brock and goldberg ever wrestle?

I don't know brock always was like

Me Brock! Brock good. Brock eats food. mmm Good Brock. Ops Brock Bad. Brock poopied his pants. Bad Brock! Bad Bad Bad Brock! Brock Bad! me crush!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Matt Young']Brock was 100 times more talented than Goldberg.
[/QUOTE]
QFT. A man that size doing a Shooting Star Press was amazing. Except for that magical one at Mania. :lol:

[quote name='guyver2077']all that matters is that lesnar went down for the 3 count! austin fucked both of them up

jackhammer! stunner![/QUOTE]

fixed :cool:

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']GOLDBERG!

GOLDBERG!

GOLDBERG!

Damn do you hear that?????[/QUOTE]

What are they playing recorded chants through the PA again?

Steve Austin's debut in the WWE as The Ringmaster against... Matt Hardy!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YudAJZ_Deuc&feature=related[/media]

[quote name='Purple Flames']No but they had a staring contest at WM20.[/QUOTE]

heh. Also, Halo is right; the fact that WWE did not edit the crowd chants in the DVD release of WM20 makes it worth watching entirely. The crowd was vehemently against both guys. A classic.

NEW PAGE! NEW HUMAN TORNADO VIDEO!

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! WATCH THE HUMAN TORNADO NEARLY KILL HIMSELF!

*THUD!*

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=qWKdWwPtTHA[/MEDIA]

I just wanna say, I fully back indie guys getting threads. There's a lot of great talent out there, and this is a good way to get some of you guys into them if you haven't seen them before.

I've got a few in mind down the road that could be fun - tons of video on them available. :)

I was watching some of those Stone Cold Shark Boy videos on youtube and :rofl:, I know it's wrestlecrap but I laughed my ass off.

[quote name='Zen Davis']NEW PAGE! NEW HUMAN TORNADO VIDEO!

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! WATCH THE HUMAN TORNADO NEARLY KILL HIMSELF!

*THUD!*

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qWKdWwPtTHA[/QUOTE]

Goddamn that was brutal.

What a shame that crowd was retarded (you don't clap along with the heel when he's standing on top of the good guy)

So I'm going to an Old-School Pro Wrestling show this Sat (Beth Phoenix & Angel Williams got their start there). First indy show I'll be attending.

My friend invited me along, and his good friend just so happens to know one of the workers. This guy, along with my friend has been pushing me to go into Pro Wrestling since about 2005, and now I'm actually considering it.

The thing is, the guy wants to personally train me at my expense. He hasn't named a price yet, but I'd rather train at an actual wrestling school. Especially since the guy just sorta broke into the biz himself. I've actually been thinking about enrolling in Lance Storm's wrestling academy just over the border in Canada (literally a stone's throw away).

[quote name='Demolition Man']I never much liked Goldberg myself for many of the same reasons why I don't like Cena. As in the being shoved down my throat Superman push. At least during the initial undefeated streak was believeable for Goldberg that I will give credit to... until you look deeper into the matter beyond what is said on TV as "The Death Of WCW" book details into. From what I remember reading in the book there were weekend WCW house shows during that streak where Goldberg lost a match yet somehow magically those losses were still counted as "wins" on TV.[/quote]

Cena is nothing like Goldberg. Goldberg built his personality around being an unstoppable force who dominated with his persona and not his personality. Cena rapped his way to popularity where as Goldberg used his intensity to win over the crowd. He showed that it wasn't all about using the stick to get over and there are other elements necessary to make a star.

Also who cares about losses that no one cared about or never saw. If you didn't go to one of those matches why even care?

[quote name='-Never4ever-']So I'm going to an Old-School Pro Wrestling show this Sat (Beth Phoenix & Angel Williams got their start there). First indy show I'll be attending.

My friend invited me along, and his good friend just so happens to know one of the workers. This guy, along with my friend has been pushing me to go into Pro Wrestling since about 2005, and now I'm actually considering it.

The thing is, the guy wants to personally train me at my expense. He hasn't named a price yet, but I'd rather train at an actual wrestling school. Especially since the guy just sorta broke into the biz himself. I've actually been thinking about enrolling in Lance Storm's wrestling academy just over the border in Canada (literally a stone's throw away).[/QUOTE]

Don't have any expectations about Storm helping you go anywhere, but he'd undoubtedly give you the fundamentals to succeed if you're assertive enough to make a name for yourself in the indies.

The other guy sounds like he's lookin' for an easy mark - a sugar daddy, if you will. Like a personal trainer. Those guys are leeches, man, except in wrestling, the few excellent trainers are hard to come by. Picking Storm is a no-brainer.

[quote name='mykevermin']Don't have any expectations about Storm helping you go anywhere, but he'd undoubtedly give you the fundamentals to succeed if you're assertive enough to make a name for yourself in the indies.

The other guy sounds like he's lookin' for an easy mark - a sugar daddy, if you will. Like a personal trainer. Those guys are leeches, man, except in wrestling, the few excellent trainers are hard to come by. Picking Storm is a no-brainer.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, I was never going to give the guy any money. Like I said before, he himself broke into the business recently, and I've seen a few of his matches, they're pretty rough.

I would love to drop everything and train under Storm (he was / still is one of my all-time favs), but there's several things holding me back. Money being the chief problem.

Still, I can't wait to hit up the show on Sat. Hopefully there's a crowd bigger than just the four of us :lol:

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=fCSNw2Zz4R4[/media]

Guy's ring name is Trip, this is his debut match.

Funny thing is back when I first met him he was sitting at a table in a college cafeteria playing Yu-Gi-Oh! I had no clue he was trying to be a Pro Wrestler. :lol:

The newest AWA show was glorious - Finally, I got to see a Dennis Stamp match, and I enjoyed it. He seemed like a perfectly acceptable journeyman wrestler. Zbysko's really impressed me on these shows - I love how well his stalling act works, and I laughed my ass off when he interrupted Larry Nelson's intro for both himself and Hennig whenever possible to either bitch, put himself over, or insult the fans. Also, the fat jobber's suit t-shirt was fabulous.

Quotes -
Trongard - Welcome to Verne Gagne’s All-Star Wrestling on the biggest wrestling channel!
Trongard - Scott Hall is a real hunka-man!
(during a headlock)Trongard - I don’t know how Hall could get any better!
Blears - Rotten Tom Stone is a little jealous of a man who has worked on his body like Scott Hall has.
Trongard - Rotten Stone!
Blears - ROTTEN STONE!
Trongard - ROTTEN STONE IS OUTSIDE THE RING!
Trongard - Scott Hall is one hunka-man!
Trongard - One of the most dynamic wrestlers in the world today is Scott Hall!
Trongard - Scott Hall is doin’ things and going places in the AWA!
Blears - There you can see a big body slam - no way you can break your fall!
Blears - There’s the bulldog - tallyho!
Nelson - The winner of the wrestling match, Scott Hall. That bulldog has been very successful for you.
Hall - I’ve been very successful with it so far. Every time I do it, it’s 1-2-3! Stone’s a tough competitor.
Nelson- Let’s talk about the AWA battle royal series.
Hall - I’ve won one in Milwaukee and that’s where the big money’s at, it’s a chance for Nick Bockwinkel’s world title, and it’s a chance to pay back some people who’ve done me wrong. My partner and I were tag champions of the world, and we’re looking to settle some issues with people - Somers, you’re one, Rose, you’re one, and DeBeers, you’re one!
Blears - I’ve seen this Smirnoff wrestle around the world - he’s big in Japan and throughout Europe, while I may not agree with some of his beliefs, the Russians have shown that they’re tough - I’ll give the devils their due.
Blears - The main reason they have a tag team rope is so they can grab the rope and reach down to get their partner in to keep the match going and make it more exciting.
Blears - The Russians don’t go for the thrills and spills - they go for the physical stuff to succeed, and they mostly do!
Trongard - Richards is a reddish pile of skin right now!
Blears - Richards is in, and he’s full of big, fresh air.
Trongard - The Midnight Rockers aginst the likes of Dennis Stamp and Tony Leoni!
(Michaels does an arm drag)Trongard - OUT OF SIGHT!
Blears - I thought I’d retired, but I see these men, and I see myself a long time ago.
Blears - How these two young men can be so professional at their age, I’ll never know. They must live and breathe wrestling.
Trongard - STONE COMES DOWN ON MICHAELS!…Or Leoni!
Nelson - ANOTHER EXCITING VICTORY FOR THE MIDNIGHT ROCKERS! Marty, the battle royal series is coming up, and with it comes $10,000 and a world title shot.
Marty - Shawn and I would love the money, but one thing’s on our minds - Rose and Somers. After what they did to us, we’ll do what them what they did to us.
Nelson - Shawn, usually, big men, 300-400 pounders have the advantage in battle royals - combined weight for you and Marty 460 pounds.
Shawn - We’re not worried about big people in battle royals or world titles, we want Rose and Somers - world title match, non-title match, we don’t want your belts, we want your asses!
Zbysko - I have some questions. I’m sure this butt-head will be answering them. Why are dressed like that? Are you a fan of the Midnight Rockers or are you suppressing some kind of childhood trauma? Legally, the AWA hands the heavyweight championship to a man who did not pin his opponent - which is against the rules. I have my lawyers on it day and night - what kind of crock is it?
Lawyer - Well, they have their ranking system, and you weren’t on top of it?
Zbysko - That’s the same crock they gave me - I’VE HAD 13 GLORIOUS YEARS!
Lawyer - You’ll get a shot when you’re on top of the rankings.
Zbysko - You’re in cahoots with Stanley Blackburn!
Lawyer - I think that’s untrue, and possibly libelous!
Zbysko - WHEN THE HELL AM I GONNA GET A TITLE SHOT?!
Lawyer - WHEN YOU CAN LEGALLY QUALIFY FOR IT!
(to lawyer, as Go the Ninja walks out in a camo suit)Zbysko - WEAR A BETTER OUTFIT!
Zbysko - ALL YOU PEOPLE WITH THE BUTTHEAD SIGNS, YOU’RE JUST PROVING TO THE PEOPLE THAT YOU’RE PIECES OF SCHWAB!
Nelson - ACCOMPANIED BY GO THE NINJA!
Zbysko - GET THAT SIGN!
Nelson - FROM PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA, LARRY ZBYSKO! His opponent…
Zbysko- HERE COMES A BUTT-HEAD!
Nelson - FROM ROBINSDALE, MINNESOTA, CURT HENNIG!
Crowd - LARRY SUCKS! LARRY SUCKS!
Zbysko - I WANT THESE PEOPLE TO STOP SHOUTING OBSCENITIES!
Blears - Well, win your match and then complain about it!
Blears - Curt Hennig, the worthy son of a worthy sire!
Trongard - That sire, of course, Larry “the Axe” Hennig.
Blears - When he gets to be 42, about the age of his father, he’ll be as good as his father, I’m sure.
Trongard - It sure takes Larry a while to get going in these matches, Lord Blears.
Blears - Yes, it’s a method to his madness - he’s stretching his legs right now. He’s allowed time outside the ring, he knows exactly how much time he’s allowed. Fans might not like it, but they have to lump it, as Zbysko likes to say.
Blears - There’s Mr. Go. They’re circling, they have 20 feet square to move around in. Nice fireman’s carry by Zbysko. If this was the amateurs, and we went by a point system, he’d have gotten some, but of course, in the professionals, we don’t have that.
Blears - I’ve wrestled and announced in most arenas around the world - the Showboat fans are very vocal. Is that the right word? Loud?
Trongard - Bosiferous.
Blears - Bosiferous? Okay.
Trongard - I think Zbysko’s been working up a sweat just running around the ring - not many wrestling holds so far.
Blears - If this was 30 years ago, Hennig would be in movies. Thankfully, he’s not, and is in Las Vegas wrestling right now.
Trongard - Curt Hennig Is one of the top wrestling stars on the wrestling horizon!
Trongard - ZBYSKO JUST GRABBED THE REFEREE’S ARM TO STOP THE COUNT!
Blears - Yes, I’ve done that before - haven’t seen that done in many years.
Blears - Curt is hurt on the small of the back - shades of Joe Montana.
Nelson - Are you disappointed with the way that match ended?
Hennig - Certainly I’m disappointed. I don’t like to have a match that takes place on the outside. I think that the number one contender for Bockwinkel’s title would’ve been the winner of this match. Curt Hennig is no day off - the next time you get in the ring with me my friend, you’d better be ready. The battle royals are coming up, the winner will be the number one contender. I’ve been doing a lot of hard training, watching films. I’m on the shelf for tag team competition, all the top teams are coming here, and we’re gonna be ready later.

Screens -

Larry Nelson is terrified.

right before a typo...

sweet Christ

Hey the WWE Ultimate Fan Editions, BestBuy exclusives, are not on DVD Aficionado?

Also, the John Cena My Life DVD says included 7 matches. Its three discs with only seven matches?

That reminds me, I need to see if my BB has the John Cena one. It may look like gay porn but for under $15, there are few wrestling DVDs I can pass up. Plus it'll give me a shirt to wear in case I ever get to go to a ROH show.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]RING OF HONOR!
RISING ABOVE!

ROH "Rising Above" is set to debut on iN DEMAND, The DISH Network and TVN cable systems this Friday, March 7th, and all weekend long with several showings. You won't get a better value for your dollar as this show is only $9.95-$14.95 depending on your PPV provider.

ROH officials feel this is the best ROH PPV yet, but don't take our word for it. Check out what Sean Radican at Pro Wrestling Torch wrote after seeing an advanced screener:

"....the atmosphere for this match (Nigel McGuinness vs. Austin Aries) was downright incredible and this is an early contender for match of the year....

Recommendation: (10.0) From start to finish, this was a great show....This show gets a big thumbs up from me. You won’t get better value for you dollar from any other promotion given ROH’s price point. ROH really pulled everything together from a production standpoint as well and the show really has great underground feel without looking cheaply produced. This PPV is the complete package.... If you’re on the fence about ordering one of the ROH PPVs, don’t hesitate to purchase this."

New FREE teasers have been added at www.ROHvideos.com featuring the Women Of Honor and the Tag Team Scramble.

The complete lineup for ROH "Rising Above" on PPV this Friday with replays throughout March is:

ROH World Title Match
Nigel McGuinness vs. Austin Aries

ROH World Tag Team Title 2/3 Falls Match
Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Rocky Romero & Roderick Strong

Relaxed Rules
Bryan Danielson vs. Takeshi Morishima

Grudge Match #1
Claudio Castagnoli vs. Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney

Grudge Match #2
Erick Stevens vs. Davey Richards

Grudge Match #3
Delirious vs. Brent Albright

Tag Team Scramble
Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Jack Evans & Ruckus vs. Adam Pearce & BJ Whitmer

Three-Way Women's Match
Sara Del Rey vs. Lacey vs. Daizee Haze

You'll see all this and much more including a unique look inside the ROH locker room when ROH "Rising Above" makes its PPV premiere on March 7th. Don't miss the show that everyone will be talking about!!!
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back