Humble Bundle Thread

I mailed $5 to PETA and then torrented all the games. I think that's how these things are supposed to work.
You sent $5 to this guy?

Peter_Griffin.png

I mailed $5 to PETA and then torrented all the games. I think that's how these things are supposed to work.
Considering how "helpful" PETA is it would have been the same thing to just send the money to your nearest slaughterhouse.

Next week: humble tebow bundle. You know what's included...
5 low budget racing games...?

This is going to be a silly question to ask but I'll ask it anyways... Does anyone have a spare key for Shadowgrounds? I'm curious to try it before I buy to see if I want to go all six dollars or not. (I would be able to repay the key shortly thereafter so it would only be a rental.)

5 low budget racing games...?

This is going to be a silly question to ask but I'll ask it anyways... Does anyone have a spare key for Shadowgrounds? I'm curious to try it before I buy to see if I want to go all six dollars or not. (I would be able to repay the key shortly thereafter so it would only be a rental.)
But if you don't like it, how would you repay the key?

You can probably get a key for cheap in the trade thread. Also, do you have Trine 2 already? If so, the bundle is realllllly not worth buying. Shadowgrounds survivor has been a dollar the last two sales on steam. Even if you don't have trine 2, the extra five bucks for survivor and trine 2 probably isn't worth it.

But if you don't like it, how would you repay the key?

You can probably get a key for cheap in the trade thread. Also, do you have Trine 2 already? If so, the bundle is realllllly not worth buying. Shadowgrounds survivor has been a dollar the last two sales on steam. Even if you don't have trine 2, the extra five bucks for survivor and trine 2 probably isn't worth it.
I'm getting the dollar value meal no mater what... Need Trine 1. I'm just wanting to test the tires on the original.

I do have Trine 2 from a recent bundle so you're likely right... Its not going to be worth the extra dough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting the dollar value meal no mater what... Need Trine 1. I'm just wanting to test the tires on the original.

I do have Trine 2 from a recent bundle so you're likely right... Its not going to be worth the extra dough.
In that case it's not worth it at all. Next steam sale you'll be able to get it for less than 5 bucks, guaranteed.

I was making a joke because of the transaction fees involved, you paying a dime is technically costing them money.

When I explain it though I see it wasn't funny in the first place, I should leave these things to Detruire...
I don't think that's technically correct. It seems that Amazon won't let you make a payment lower than the transaction fees. Through Amazon you cannot pay HIB $0.01 but you can pay HIB $0.10. I don't know how low exactly one can go. I chose $0.10 because of the big Google Play $0.10 sale... I sincerely doubt they were losing money on transaction fees.

I don't think that's technically correct. It seems that Amazon won't let you make a payment lower than the transaction fees. Through Amazon you cannot pay HIB $0.01 but you can pay HIB $0.10. I don't know how low exactly one can go. I chose $0.10 because of the big Google Play $0.10 sale... I sincerely doubt they were losing money on transaction fees.
Well I decided to look into it myself (it was Detruire I believe who told me it was $.37 per transaction), and it appears they have a special microtransaction discount of 5%+$.05 per transaction. So I guess that explains it, and how they aren't technically losing money (though they wind up with less than half of that.

2zc0.png

Well I decided to look into it myself (it was Detruire I believe who told me it was $.37 per transaction), and it appears they have a special microtransaction discount of 5%+$.05 per transaction. So I guess that explains it, and how they aren't technically losing money (though they wind up with less than half of that.

2zc0.png
Yeah if you pay below a certain threshold all the money goes to cover transaction fees. This came up awhile ago when McPixel was on a PWYW sale and the large amounts of 1 penny transactions he had

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/zigf4/mcpixel_pwyw_min_1_drmfree_desura_key/c64xpe9

2zc0.png
So you're saying I overpaid by 4 to 5 cents? ;)

(look... I'm just trying to reserve a BTA price... a problem caused by HIB's BTA manipulation)

I remember looking into all of that stuff back when Humble rolled into town, trying to figure which payment method had the lowest fees. Now I simply don't care.

The $0.37 cent thing didn't jibe with anything I know. Paypal CC-to-gift payment is small-% + $0.35... and I'm sure there's profit in there for paypal.

I remember looking into all of that stuff back when Humble rolled into town, trying to figure which payment method had the lowest fees. Now I simply don't care.
Yeah I don't really care either, I was just making a dumb joke, which led to looking into its inaccuracies. I tend to just go with Amazon now since it's easiest for me, transaction fees never cross my mind (I also tend to be impatient though and just buy the bundle at whatever I feel is a decent price; I think only once have I raised from the $1 to the BTA tier after the fact, so locking in a low average isn't something I tend to do).

Yeah I don't really care either, I was just making a dumb joke, which led to looking into its inaccuracies. I tend to just go with Amazon now since it's easiest for me, transaction fees never cross my mind (I also tend to be impatient though and just buy the bundle at whatever I feel is a decent price; I think only once have I raised from the $1 to the BTA tier after the fact, so locking in a low average isn't something I tend to do).
I'm not commonly in this situation, but if they pull more shenanigans like they did this time, I expect I'll be doing it more. I expect they will. Dismal world view, FTW.

The trick is to have the HIB page up in a couple browsers*/machines so you can refresh in one and not lose your price in the other.

I'm not commonly in this situation, but if they pull more shenanigans like they did this time, I expect I'll be doing it more. I expect they will. Dismal world view, FTW.

The trick is to have the HIB page up in a couple browsers*/machines so you can refresh in one and not lose your price in the other.
I really wish I'd thought of that when I first saw the average at ~4.50. But no, I had to be an idiot and F5.

I'm gonna purchase a bank of computers to run and capture the lowest Humble Bundle pricing!

Stupid average isn't moving below $5.27

Also, I added the next batch of backlog played games to my blog if you wanted to check it out.

I'm gonna purchase a bank of computers to run and capture the lowest Humble Bundle pricing!

Stupid average isn't moving below $5.27

Also, I added the next batch of backlog played games to my blog if you wanted to check it out.
I doubt we will see $4.99 again, at this moving rate I may just have to settle at $5.20.

Should've bought the bundle when it was $4.99 BTA.  :whistle2:(

Oh well, still a good deal but humble bundle's way of raising the BTA and recent changes have begun to rub me the wrong way.

Should've bought the bundle when it was $4.99 BTA. :whistle2:(

Oh well, still a good deal but humble bundle's way of raising the BTA and recent changes have begun to rub me the wrong way.
If you were around a few nights ago you would've learned that since humble donates a bit to charity, we have no right to complain

You horrible animaniac

If you were around a few nights ago you would've learned that since humble donates a bit to charity, we have no right to complain

You horrible animaniac
Charity? Making my backlog bigger at low, low prices is charitable. Kind of like donating to the Human Fund is also charitable.

I'm a little late for relevance, but since the Amanita Bundle was recently on Humble, I guess I'll drop this here. 

I've been trying to knock out as many short games from my backlog as I can. Samorost 2 is one such game and having just completed it this evening I can say this:

I initially started this game a few years and a couple of computer monitors ago. What I've noticed is that it just doesn't hold up anymore due to its fixed (small) size. The semi-realistic graphics already made some of the puzzle pieces difficult to discern. Now everything seems so tiny and at times it becomes a mad pixel hunt. 

When the puzzles are clear, they are generally very enjoyable. The artwork is quirky and is very appealing. In fact, the rather simple story is largely conveyed through the sense of place that is accomplished. Upon completeion, you'll likely look back and find that you enjoyed the scenery, but didn't get much out of the tale that was told. 

As I mentioned, Samorost 2 is very short - I finished it in about an hour. Probably twenty minutes of that was spent stuck on one or two puzzles, unable to find the correct pixel to click. Once upon a time I'd say Samorost 2 was worth a look, but you're probably just better off waiting for Samorost 3

bread's done
Back