Humble Bundle Thread

I'm a little late for relevance, but since the Amanita Bundle was recently on Humble, I guess I'll drop this here.

I've been trying to knock out as many short games from my backlog as I can. Samarost 2 is one such game and having just completed it this evening I can say this:

I initially started this game a few years and a couple of computer monitors ago. What I've noticed is that it just doesn't hold up anymore due to its fixed (small) size. The semi-realistic graphics already made some of the puzzle pieces difficult to discern. Now everything seems so tiny and at times it becomes a mad pixel hunt.

When the puzzles are clear, they are generally very enjoyable. The artwork is quirky and is very appealing. In fact, the rather simple story is largely conveyed through the sense of place that is accomplished. Upon completeion, you'll likely look back and find that you enjoyed the scenery, but didn't get much out of the tale that was told.

As I mentioned, Samorost 2 is very short - I finished it in about an hour. Probably twenty minutes of that was spent stuck on one or two puzzles, unable to find the correct pixel to click. Once upon a time I'd say Samorost 2 was worth a look, but you're probably just better off waiting for Samorost 3.
Thanks for this. I think I had the same problem when I tried Samorost a year ago, and quit after fifteen minutes or so. I have enjoyed the time I've spent with Botanicula so far, though, so maybe some day I'll go back to it...and I still have to play Machinarium!

It's now dropping so slowly that I doubt it'll hit $5 before the bonuses are released.
Yeah, this bundle just isn't selling very well compared to other bundles so less $1 purchases, slower price drop. It's due to the new policy about the bonuses. Is this the first main Humble to institute that policy? Instead of 1000s of $1 purchases during the first week to lock in the eligibility for the bonuses and drop the price, I assume you have a majority of the people doing the same thing and waiting for the BTA to bottom out to purchase for the bonus eligibility or even waiting until the bonuses are revealed.

I'm not sure if it's a positive or negative thing for them. We'll have to see where the dollar amount ends up, but it could end up costing them money and the charities money.

Yeah, this bundle just isn't selling very well compared to other bundles so less $1 purchases, slower price drop. It's due to the new policy about the bonuses. Is this the first main Humble to institute that policy? Instead of 1000s of $1 purchases during the first week to lock in the eligibility for the bonuses and drop the price, I assume you have a majority of the people doing the same thing and waiting for the BTA to bottom out to purchase for the bonus eligibility or even waiting until the bonuses are revealed.

I'm not sure if it's a positive or negative thing for them. We'll have to see where the dollar amount ends up, but it could end up costing them money and the charities money.
^_^ I like your let's wait and see the final dollar figure approach. I hope this doesn't work out for them. They need to maximize their revenue so I trust them to do whatever actually raises it.

Yeah, this bundle just isn't selling very well compared to other bundles so less $1 purchases, slower price drop. It's due to the new policy about the bonuses. Is this the first main Humble to institute that policy?
It's the second or third bundle to have that policy but might be the first "numbered" bundle to have it.

The biggest issue for them is that unless you want absolutely everything in the bundle/haven't already bought a few games in it; it's becoming more cost effective to just buy the few games you actually want via Steam (and fake Gabe monies).  This is probably the first numbered Humble where I had zero interest in any of the $1 tier games.

HIB 9 has traditional steam keys, thus making HIB X the first numbered bundle with steam links

HIB 9 was the first bundle to to not give the 2nd week games to non-BTA first-week buyers.

From El Wiki

Humble Indie Bundle 9

The ninth bundle was launched on September 11, 2013, and included the titles Trine 2 by Frozenbyte, Mark of the Ninja and the beta for Eets Munchies by Klei Entertainment, and Brütal Legend by Double Fine Productions. Those paying above the average received FTL: Faster Than Light by Subset Games and Fez by Polytron Corporation. The games Limbo, Bastion, Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, and A Virus Named Tom, along with their respective soundtracks, were added in the second week. This was the first bundle where the games added during the second week would only be accessible to those who paid above the average. Proceeds from the sales went to the EFF, Watsi and Child's Play charities.

Last edited by a moderator:
HIB 9 has traditional steam keys, thus making HIB X the first numbered bundle with steam links

HIB 9 was the first bundle to to not give the 2nd week games to non-BTA first-week buyers.

From El Wiki
big mistake humble bundle went to hell to me i take bundlestars over humble cmon really.

Well, I didn't see it going below $5.25 before the bonuses were released and don't have any of the games so... $5.26 to the Joe Danger devs so they can buy buckets.

When are the bonuses typically revealed?  It seems like we should be getting close.  I'll probably lock in the BTA just before.

Yeah, there's a day yet but I figure the people who haven't bought in yet are people who are waiting for the bonuses to show.  The BTA dropped all of 2¢ yesterday and I don't see it dropping even that much between today and tomorrow since more and more people will be in the "Wait until the last minute/wait for bonuses" camp instead of driving down the average with $1 buys.

Alright, so now the question is do we lock in the BTA at the current price or wait for the bonuses to show up? If they're as weak as the current ones, or include BTR1 or JD1, then definitely we're better off waiting, I'd say, as the average will continue to drop.  But if Humble has any idea how disappointed people are with this bundle, maybe they'll try to throw us a bone and drop something cool.  I don't know if that would even be possible at this point.  What do you guys think? I want my copy of To the Moon already.

Alright, so now the question is do we lock in the BTA at the current price or wait for the bonuses to show up? If they're as weak as the current ones, or include BTR1 or JD1, then definitely we're better off waiting, I'd say, as the average will continue to drop. But if Humble has any idea how disappointed people are with this bundle, maybe they'll try to throw us a bone and drop something cool. I don't know if that would even be possible at this point. What do you guys think? I want my copy of To the Moon already.
Place a small wager on the BTA price not dropping, then wait (gets you DRM-FREE TTM). If it drops you can rebuy at the lower BTA, if it doesn't well you have a decent one locked in.

Surely there's something in ye olde backlog to keep you busy in the mean time.

Alright, so now the question is do we lock in the BTA at the current price or wait for the bonuses to show up? If they're as weak as the current ones, or include BTR1 or JD1, then definitely we're better off waiting, I'd say, as the average will continue to drop. But if Humble has any idea how disappointed people are with this bundle, maybe they'll try to throw us a bone and drop something cool. I don't know if that would even be possible at this point. What do you guys think? I want my copy of To the Moon already.
The people who got in early and got a Starbound key probably aren't complaining :)

Are you guys arguing over $.25?
photo-353680.gif

I think I'll finally bite at $5.26 - it doesn't look like it's gonna go any lower by tomorrow noon when they add the bonuses.

I'm guessing it can only go one of the following ways:

- The bonuses will be all repeats (not very likely) that not many people want so the people who have been holding off will go the dollar option and the BTA will drop like a rock.

- The bonuses will be all new games (very unlikely) so the people who have been holding off will start buying at the BTA level so the BTA will start going up.

- The bonuses will be a mixed bag (most likely) in which case who knows where the BTA will go...

Now that I've written this out, I think I'll chance it and wait for the bonuses to show up tomorrow.

I think I'll finally bite at $5.26 - it doesn't look like it's gonna go any lower by tomorrow noon when they add the bonuses.

I'm guessing it can only go one of the following ways:

- The bonuses will be all repeats (not very likely) that not many people want so the people who have been holding off will go the dollar option and the BTA will drop like a rock.

- The bonuses will be all new games (very unlikely) so the people who have been holding off will start buying at the BTA level so the BTA will start going up.

- The bonuses will be a mixed bag (most likely) in which case who knows where the BTA will go...

Now that I've written this out, I think I'll chance it and wait for the bonuses to show up tomorrow.
Open a window to Humble Bundle and keep it open. Open another tomorrow when you want to check on the BTA games.

You can decide tomorrow and buy it in the window with the cheapest price.

If someone paid the average price in the first week and did the default split or "all to developers", do the developers of the second week games not get any of that? Seems like more reason to just put in a Runner 1 or Joe Danger 1 or Surgeon Simulator '98.

If someone paid the average price in the first week and did the default split or "all to developers", do the developers of the second week games not get any of that? Seems like more reason to just put in a Runner 1 or Joe Danger 1 or Surgeon Simulator '98.
I don't think Humble has ever elaborated on that, but I'm not sure how they would work it out so that developers not specified would get a cut as well. It's far more likely they just get whatever comes from the second week after they have been revealed. It would make more sense then to put games from the same devs as the bonuses, but historically that hasn't been the case, at least not universally (as in all bonuses are from developers of the base games).

I predict that since it just went on sale today that Hotline Miami will be one of the bonuses. We'll see in less than 8 minutes.

bread's done
Back