Humble Bundle Thread

Ok I gotta say this because just dam I find this annoying & funny.. So I pick up that Games Done Quick bundle it being my first bundle in quite some time (since 2019 if my library is accurate) like a week ago. I just opened the email associated with it to find my inbox flooded with Humble Bundle emails to the rate of 20 A DAY, nearly 1 ever hour, every day since then... Wtf seriously? Do they think spaming me into oblivion from orbit is going adhere me to make more purchases from them?!?

930f7ab7-25e5-47f2-bc1c-05d324605b53_text.gif

This happened to me once when I bought a pillow cube as a gift for someone on Christmas. Endless Pillow Cube emails every hour, along with text messages. It also triggered absolutely nothing but Pillow Cube commercials on my youtube which caused me to actually subscribe to youtube premium in order to avoid going insane. The gift was well-liked and it was a good black friday deal, but after that I vowed to never buy anything from them again. These companies need to get a clue and realize annoying people nonstop is not a viable marketing strategy.

There’s something wonky about Hamble’s automated emails. There was a period a few months back they were sending me like three or four identical copies of every announcement email—not all at the same time, as you might expect from the system getting stuck or something, but up to hours apart. And all to the same email address, too, it’s not like I was getting repeats for secondary accounts or something.

This happened to me once when I bought a pillow cube as a gift for someone on Christmas. Endless Pillow Cube emails every hour, along with text messages. It also triggered absolutely nothing but Pillow Cube commercials on my youtube which caused me to actually subscribe to youtube premium in order to avoid going insane. The gift was well-liked and it was a good black friday deal, but after that I vowed to never buy anything from them again. These companies need to get a clue and realize annoying people nonstop is not a viable marketing strategy.

Don’t get me started on how creepy YouTube ads have gotten. I’ve been using adblockers on YouTube for years because of how in your face the ads were getting, but a couple months ago I was at my parents house helping them shop for a new washer after theirs broke, and they told me for days afterwards they were getting washing machine ads on YouTube. They’d never seen any before that.

Last edited:
New Mega-Man Enigma Humble Bundle:
-> https://www.humblebundle.com/games/mega-man-franchise-pack

Notes:
-> All Steam keys for the games listed, not the coupons.
-> Coupons are for buying keys directly from the Humble Store only.

$2 Tier:
-> Mega Man Collection: Volume 1
-> MEGA MAN X: DiVE Offline 34% Off Coupon via the Humble Store.
-> Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection (VOL.1 and VOL. 2) - 50% Off Coupon via the Humble Store.

$10 Tier:
-> Mega Man Collection: Volume 2
-> Mega Man X Collection: Legacy Collection Volume 1

$20 Tier:
-> Mega Man Zero/ZX: Legacy Collection
-> Mega Man 11

Last edited:
There’s something wonky about Hamble’s automated emails. There was a period a few months back they were sending me like three or four identical copies of every announcement email—not all at the same time, as you might expect from the system getting stuck or something, but up to hours apart. And all to the same email address, too, it’s not like I was getting repeats for secondary accounts or something.

Don’t get me started on how creepy YouTube ads have gotten. I’ve been using adblockers on YouTube for years because of how in your face the ads were getting, but a couple months ago I was at my parents house helping them shop for a new washer after theirs broke, and they told me for days afterwards they were getting washing machine ads on YouTube. They’d never seen any before that.
For the record the Humble emails I got weren't duplicates at least not on the subject line. Every single one had a different message in the subject line. Also got 20 more today so yay for that.

And don't get me started on YouTube ads. When you use the app on a smart TV and walk out of the room while one ad gets played in completion, next thing you know you get absolutely bombarded with simluar stuff across multiple platforms all over the place.

Data harvesting has really gotten out of control to just insane levels nowadays.

That's crazy, I'm getting a normal amount of emails from humble. Nothing strange about them and they keep me updated when new bundles come out (or when I receive a choice coupon). No idea how people manage to get 20+ in a day, but if that happened to me I'd immediately unsub

New Mega-Man Enigma Humble Bundle:
-> https://www.humblebundle.com/games/mega-man-franchise-pack

Notes:
-> All Steam keys for the games listed, not the coupons.
-> Coupons are for buying keys directly from the Humble Store only.

$2 Tier:
-> Mega Man Collection: Volume 1
-> MEGA MAN X: DiVE Offline 34% Off Coupon via the Humble Store.
-> Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection (VOL.1 and VOL. 2) - 50% Off Coupon via the Humble Store.

$10 Tier:
-> Mega Man Collection: Volume 2

$20 Tier:
-> Mega Man Zero/ZX: Legacy Collection
-> Mega Man 11
I have the both volumes of the Megaman Collection and Megaman X Collection on the Xbone. But that $20 tier sure is tempting.

Destiny 2: The Story So Far Bundle

$40 Tier

$20 tier becomes

Destiny 2: Lightfall + Annual Pass
Year Six - Complete

$20 Tier

Destiny 2: Lightfall
Year Six - Base

$12 Tier

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen
Year Five
DLC

Destiny 2: Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack
Year 4.5
DLC

Destiny 2: Beyond Light
Year Four

$8 Tier

Destiny 2: Shadowkeep
Year Three
DLC

Destiny 2: Forsaken Pack
Year Two

Never really got into Destiny 2 after being meh on Destiny 1 and playing the base stuff for Destiny 2 when it went F2P. This is all the stuff at least for those late to the game.

Capcom Cup: Fighters & Arcade Classics Pack

$20 Tier

Street Fighter V - Champion Edition
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection

Capcom Arcade Stadium
Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition
STREET FIGHTER II' - Hyper Fighting
STREET FIGHTER II - The World Warrior
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams
Street Fighter
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix
Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
Mega Man: The Power Battle
CAPTAIN COMMANDO
FINAL FIGHT
WARRIORS OF FATE
Battle Circuit
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Ghosts 'n Goblins
BIONIC COMMANDO
STRIDER
1944 - The Loop Master
19XX - The War Against Destiny
1943 Kai - Midway Kaisen
1943 - The Battle of Midway
1941 - Counter Attack
Progear
Giga Wing
COMMANDO
Three Wonders
A.K.A Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire
Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge
CYBERBOTS - FULLMETAL MADNESS
DYNASTY WARS
A.K.A Knights of the Round
A.K.A Magic Sword
A.K.A The King of Dragons
Saturday Night Slam Masters
MEGA TWINS
Black Tiger
SONSON
Tatakai no Banka
Tiger Road
Hissatsu Buraiken
Capcom Sports Club
Last Duel
Rally 2011 LED Storm
The Speed Rumbler
VARTH - Operation Thunderstorm
VULGUS
LEGENDARY WINGS
FORGOTTEN WORLDS
Savage Bees
CARRIER AIR WING
Senjo no OkamiII
SECTION Z
Eco Fighters
Hyper Dyne Side Arms
A.K.A Block Block
Pnickies
Gan Sumoku
PIRATE SHIP HIGEMARU

$2 Tier

Ultra Street Fighter® IV
Meh Street Fighter VI coupon

Lots of good old games for $20.

Well, I do need SF5: Champion and most of the Stadium Arcade 1 & 2 stuff.

Is SF5: Season 5 Premium Pass in here?
I don't think SF5: Champion contains that Pass.

I have two major issues with this bundle.

One of the games they're including is Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection. Which would be fine on its own, but they're also including the Arcade Stadium Street Fighter games, so there's a LOT of overlapping titles. Seems redundant to me. And I would rather they have included the Beat-Em-Up Bundle and the Capcom Fighting Collection instead of their Arcade Stadium counterparts.

Otherwise the bundle is fine I guess. I just don't trust Capcom right now with them retroactively adding DRM to purchased titles.

Well, I do need SF5: Champion and most of the Stadium Arcade 1 & 2 stuff.

Is SF5: Season 5 Premium Pass in here?
I don't think SF5: Champion contains that Pass.

No, Champion Edition never included that Season 5 pass by default. That's because Champion Edition was supposed to be the complete package for SF5. But production of SF6 was taking longer than expected and they saw demand for more SF5 content, so they churned out an additional fifth season in the interim.

You can get a bundle that includes Champion Edition and the Season 5 Premium pass on Steam, but that's not currently on sale.

Bought the Capcom bundle just for the Arcade Collections which I've had my eye on for a while and this is as cheap as they seem likely to get. It's just one key for each collection thankfully. You can set the Capcom part of the purchase to $0 if you want to, still have to give $3 to Humble though.

Destiny 2: The Story So Far Bundle

$40 Tier

$20 tier becomes

Destiny 2: Lightfall + Annual Pass
Year Six - Complete

$20 Tier

Destiny 2: Lightfall
Year Six - Base

$12 Tier

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen
Year Five
DLC

Destiny 2: Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack
Year 4.5
DLC

Destiny 2: Beyond Light
Year Four

$8 Tier

Destiny 2: Shadowkeep
Year Three
DLC

Destiny 2: Forsaken Pack
Year Two

Never really got into Destiny 2 after being meh on Destiny 1 and playing the base stuff for Destiny 2 when it went F2P. This is all the stuff at least for those late to the game.

I think I beat the original base game of Destiny2 and I think I have two of the expansions. Last time I logged in was just after the change to using steam and had no idea what to do. Regret ever buying it on PC or console since it went cheap then free rather quickly. Not a horrible game but nothing great.

Man I am such a sucker for those Capcom arcade games. And I love Street Fighter though I absolutely suck at it.

I've got Ultra IV and Base V and I'm still really tempted to get the $20 package, even knowing some of that has Enigma on it.

Capcom has got to stop selling me the same games over and over because I'll eventually get tired of handing them my money.

IGN Fanfest Bundle

$12 Tier

A Little to the Left
Black Book
Islets
Loop Hero
Shantae and the Seven Sirens
Tinykin
Wobbledogs

This is not a bad bundled if you've skipped many other bundles. I think only A Little to the Left and Islets are new to bundle.

IGN Fanfest Bundle

$12 Tier

A Little to the Left
Black Book
Islets
Loop Hero
Shantae and the Seven Sirens
Tinykin
Wobbledogs

This is not a bad bundled if you've skipped many other bundles. I think only A Little to the Left and Islets are new to bundle.
I was missing A Little to the Left, Islets, Loop Hero, and Wobbledogs, so a little over half the bundle which isn't too bad I guess

I kinda like that bundle. It's seven games, though, at Choice pricing.

A Little to the Left and Wobbledogs look fun. Worth it?

One thing I love about this Yearly Humble Choice - don't even have to think about whether to cancel, re-up, or whatever. It just re-ups for the next month.

Two things I love about not being subscribed to Hamble—I don’t have to worry about pausing every month, and I don’t have to worry about accidentally paying for games I have no interest in.

Sometimes you own some of the games or you don't have any interest. It's good to have choices. I am on the annual plan but pause when necessary. Choice bundles are still the best value usually for Humble Bundles.

Creative Sandbox Bundle

$20 Tier

Above Snakes
The Universim

$12 Tier

Necesse
From the Depths
My Little Universe
TerraTech
TerraTech: R&D Labs
Trailmakers: Deluxe Edition

I'm not very creative in video games (I don't like games like Minecraft) so this bundle is not for me. Bit more expensive, but these I believe are newer to bundle games.

Yes, the discount resets if you pause or cancel, and it happens the moment you do so, it doesn't even last out a paid month.

Bummer but I'm not surprised. I've thought about the yearly deals but meh. I should finally just cut it loose. I saw two games recently, one of them Balatro that were cheaper or equal to the humble discount. The other being Helldivers2. The discount is less and less useful.

Bummer but I'm not surprised. I've thought about the yearly deals but meh. I should finally just cut it loose. I saw two games recently, one of them Balatro that were cheaper or equal to the humble discount. The other being Helldivers2. The discount is less and less useful.
Yeah they very rarely have a better discount than other sites since competition has been pretty strong. I'd imagine the only real use of the humble discount is if you have referral credit, but even that is capped.

I'm guessing this monthly isn't selling as well as they'd like? Cause I got an $8 coupon, and then got a $7 coupon for it. LOL
Interesting. I paused and haven't gotten any offers from them other than a $1 off offer when I paused.

Oh, well, even for $2 or $3 bucks, this bundle isn't for me.

I think this is new, but they all run together these days so don’t hurt me if I’m just slow. GDQ bundle for $10.

Pseudoregalia
Gylt
Abzu
Hylics 2
Dicey Dungeons
Mail Time
Maid of Sker

I of course virtually never buy anything unbundled, and virtually never buy anything bundled, so other than Abzu which was free on PSN during COVID, I don’t own any and think this bundle is okay for a change. I’ve seen someone play Gylt on YouTube and it looked okay. Pseudoregalia and Mail Time look kinda appealing. I’ve been wanting Dicey Dungeons for a while. I might actually buy this.

Kind of wish Hylics was included as well cause I believe playing that helps out understanding more of Hylics 2. I've wanted that platforming game for a while, so I'll probably get this. It looks a bit janky but really cool.

Leaks List looks to include:
- Saints Row 2022, Nioh 2, Realms of Ruin: Complete, Citizen Sleeper, Black Skylands, Solstice, Afterimage, Destroyer.

Link:
-> https://preview.redd.it/5rxdnavnfcm...bp&s=964edc5e008e7ef643cbe89e28a483206f847a1c

If this is true: awesome @ Nioh 2.

Tried out SR 2022 on Epic Store (which was an Epic Freebie before) for 2 hours or so last night actually. Runs great at 1080p maxed-out - game's fine, combat-wise. Feels like a snappier SR2 and SR3 combat-wise w/ gunplay and finishers & whatnot. Like I said, it's...fine. You also have a rolling move for dodging, too - can't recall if old SR2 and SR3 had these; been a while since I played those. Also, this feels like gameplay-wise it's more down the SR2 & SR3 route (i.e. as a typical GTA-like) than say what SR4 was doing (i.e. Crackdown and Prototype type of superhero games).

With uncapped framerate: often in the 60-80fps range. Sure, I've seen say 90-120fps, but not often - and this is with RT On and FSR3 at Ultra. Character models look okay & fine, feeling like it's somewhere b/t a last-gen and current-gen game here (as it feels a bit stylized & also some characters like the main characters look way better than others) - but the actual game-world itself looks great & vibrant.

Jokes are hit & miss for me, though - which is probably the 1st time I can really say this about a SR-titled game - since SR2,3,4 and even SR: GooH were quite funny, comedy-wise to me. Some of them (jokes) are repetitive here in SR 2022, though - like re-mentions of jokes on waffle-makers, trying to make rent, and having to payback student loans. Instead of references, parody, crass and whatnot galore for jokes, which is what previous SR games aimed for - this one (SR 2022) feels like it's aiming for weird & quirky comedy, which just doesn't always seem to land with me here.

So, there's some early thoughts on SR 2022, so far.

Last edited:
I've played the demo of Realms of Ruin; it's the most plodding, slow, and frustrating RTS I've played in a long while. It is nothing like Warhammer Dawn of War 2. I am told it's closer to Dawn of War 3 (the reviled one...). It's a massive bummer.

I want Citizen Sleeper, Black Skylands, Afterimage, and Soulstice, so I might buy it for those four and sell off the others.

Afterimage has been bundled more often lately and is IMHO not worth too much. I can try it and give my impressions, but it looks like a pretty average Metroidvania. I think the only one I want want is Citizen Sleeper. I also got Soulstice I believe recently for like $1.50 from a Fanatical Bento bundle that is still running if anyone just wants that. This may be one of my passes although Black Skylands looks OK.

I've played the demo of Realms of Ruin; it's the most plodding, slow, and frustrating RTS I've played in a long while. It is nothing like Warhammer Dawn of War 2. I am told it's closer to Dawn of War 3 (the reviled one...). It's a massive bummer.

I want Citizen Sleeper, Black Skylands, Afterimage, and Soulstice, so I might buy it for those four and sell off the others.

Yeah, Realms of Ruin is sort of a warhammer fantasy version of DoW2/3 and Company of Heroes. I wasn't impressed by the demo and it must have done rather badly to end up in a bundle so quickly.

That said, the Uboat game, Nioh2, Ruin, CitizenSleeper and for the laughs SR22 is probably the best deal in months if true. Maybe Soulstice is good too.

If true, I’ll buy if and only if it’s Nioh 2 Complete/Gotcha/Ultimate Plus/whatever they’re calling the DLC-included edition, it would probably have taken less time to look it up than to write this post, but I never said my laziness was efficient.

I'm a sucker for Warhammer games so even if Realms of Ruin is just average that's worth it in a Choice bundle for me. I've heard good things about Citizen Sleeper too so that's solid, plus a Nioh 2 to top it off and that's enough to break my Humble fast I've had going on for the past several months

Last edited:
bread's done
Back