Humble Bundle Thread

Amateur astronomers and miserly baseball fanatics aside... I guess if you were dying for Cook, Serve, Delicious then it's fantastic.
It's got a lot less repeats than last week, and the games seem to be of a much better quality as well (aside from Stacking and possibly ReignMaker). Maybe I've just lowered my standards. :p

Btw, Out of the Park Baseball 14 is delisted on Steam apparently, so those of you who care about that sort of thing (me), have an extra incentive to pick it up.
Hm. I'm assuming it probably got replaced with 15 when 15 was released, sort of like what was done with Train Simulator. Does anybody know whether the links included in this bundle register 14 or 15 on Steam?

Just curious. This looks like something I'd have to care a hell of a lot more about baseball in order to appreciate.

No, that's what 2014 became after a year. 2015 Baseball is still baseballa spreadsheet simulator, dumbass.
FTFY

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want a Baseball game on Steam where you actually get to play the game. Not all this management bullcrap. You know swing the bat, hit the ball, run the bases. That kind of thing is what I'd like to see. Why don't we have that kind of game on Steam.

I just want a Baseball game on Steam where you actually get to play the game. Not all this management bullcrap. You know swing the bat, hit the ball, run the bases. That kind of thing is what I'd like to see. Why don't we have that kind of game on Steam.
The last time I actually played one of these, it was back in 2012, but the game was actually MVP 2005. Not sure if it's still around, but at that time, there was a pretty significantly sized community that was modding the game to keep it up to date with current rosters and ballparks.

EDIT: Looks like the last mod for MVP 2005 was made for last year's season, MVP 13.

Sweet. In for 100 Metro Last Lights.

I'd always been curious about Universe Sandbox but could never be bothered to throw real money at it.

I remember CAGs making a fuss over Cook Serve Delicious at Xmas.

Some fancy looking spreadsheet.

And EFF... the next best thing to a Goat Charity.

Updated rosters, enhanced features... typical sports-game-that-comes-out-every-year fare.
I know, like none of the players who are playing this year played last year. ;)

It's got a lot less repeats than last week, and the games seem to be of a much better quality as well (aside from Stacking and possibly ReignMaker).
Universe Sandbox has been in 2 bundles and it's really not that great unless you're hardcore into simulating planets. OOTP 14 is the old version of a game people want. C,S,D is a nice addition.

It's just not for me. Those that don't have CSD or are fans of those two niche games will probably feel different.

I'd always been curious about Universe Sandbox but could never be bothered to throw real money at it.
I hope you enjoy it. I like space quite a bit -- I even like sims -- but it turns out that sims of space just aren't all that exciting to me.

I remember being excited to try it out. Once I figured out all of the menus I tried doing the most exciting thing I could think of... sending a planet or two wildly out of orbit. Not that fun.

If you want to simulate orbs, playing Pool Nation is far more exciting.

Universe Sandbox has been in 2 bundles and it's really not that great unless you're hardcore into simulating planets. OOTP 14 is the old version of a game people want. C,S,D is a nice addition.

It's just not for me. Those that don't have CSD or are fans of those two niche games will probably feel different.
Maybe I'm just a really niche person. :bouncy:

I missed the Universe Sandbox BS bundle, and the Daily Bundle with it was crappy, so this one works for me.

As for OOTP Baseball '14, I'm okay with being a year behind at the ridiculously low price and it's also a delisted game, so extra value.

Dunno, this one just pushes a lot of the right buttons for me. I do wish it was an actual baseball game though, but baseball games have pretty much died off on PC (much like various other sports genres, guess they assume all PC people are nerds who don't play sports?)

You have MLB to blame for that. You only have two companies making real MLB games right now - 2K Sports and Sony. 2K only ports the NBA series to PC and Sony is a PS exclusive. Before you used to have stuff like MVP Baseball (EA), High Heat Baseball, etc. Your best bet would be to hope that MLB Perfect Inning gets ported from mobile to PC.

Sweet. In for 100 Metro Last Lights.

I remember CAGs making a fuss over Cook Serve Delicious at Xmas.

Some fancy looking spreadsheet.

And EFF... the next best thing to a Goat Charity.

I know, like none of the players who are playing this year played last year. ;)
If you have Android, just spend some of the bazillion Amazon coins given out to everyone to get the Cook, Serve Delicious from the Appstore. Great game and I think its the way to play it as oppose to on PC with keyboard & mouse.

You have MLB to blame for that. You only have two companies making real MLB games right now - 2K Sports and Sony. 2K only ports the NBA series to PC and Sony is a PS exclusive. Before you used to have stuff like MVP Baseball (EA), High Heat Baseball, etc. Your best bet would be to hope that MLB Perfect Inning gets ported from mobile to PC.
2k bowed out of the baseball genre this year. Not sure if they will be back next year though. Pretty much The Show controls the popularity factor right now.

2k bowed out of the baseball genre this year. Not sure if they will be back next year though. Pretty much The Show controls the popularity factor right now.
Damn, didn't even know that. Well, there goes that. I used to buy multiple BB games a year, but ever since the other ones got pushed out of the market I haven't kept up with it.

I've actually enjoyed Universe Sandbox a lot more than Tropico 1 at this point. I've futzed around a bit with the first Tropico game and it just seems a bit confusing and pointless. Do they get better over the series? The first scenario I jumped into involved making people leave your island so you could set up a dinosaur park but the game doesn't really give you a clear idea about how to go about this. So now I'm just not sure whether I don't have the patience for sims in my old age.

Maybe I'm just a really niche person. :bouncy:
:fridge:

If you have Android, just spend some of the bazillion Amazon coins given out to everyone to get the Cook, Serve Delicious from the Appstore. Great game and I think its the way to play it as oppose to on PC with keyboard & mouse.
Thanks, but to me Universe Sandbox is the make-or-break game here. (That and EFF.)

...and a bit of bundle-withdrawal... I haven't bought a bundle in almost two weeks.

You have MLB and 2K and Sony to blame for that.
FTFY

I knew there was a reason I wasn't expecting a baseball game from them anymore. Thanks.

The only non-2K/The Show baseball game for me in recent memories is Nicktoons MLB but that was published by 2K Play, and they also didn't wanna do a PC port for whatever reason.

I have no idea why an indie dev hasn't made a baseball game for Steam though, considering the big market opportunity that's here.

I've actually enjoyed Universe Sandbox a lot more than Tropico 1 at this point.
It's a well-reviewed game and I know that it strikes the right notes with many people -- I'm just not one of them. After I spent some time checking out the solar system (was fun), I found there really wasn't much to do that held my interest. My go-to entertainment in sims is causing havoc and that's not really an easy or entertaining thing to do since the odds of two bodies colliding in all that... space... are extremely low.

I will chalk up my slight enjoyment (and subsequent disappointment) to my own ignorance of harnessing the power of the sim. YMMV.

I love The Show and it's the only sports game I buy every year but I do miss MVP back on my ps2.
I have the Show 12 on PS3 and I agree it is a great game/series. I also have 2K11 on my DS. Was hoping they would make a newer one for 3DS but they stopped with 12 on the DS. I just always thought the more competition, the better. And each game had it's own spin to it. Even stuff like MLB Power Pros on the Wii was really good for a more arcadey game.

I have the Show 12 on PS3 and I agree it is a great game/series. I also have 2K11 on my DS. Was hoping they would make a newer one for 3DS but they stopped with 12 on the DS. I just always thought the more competition, the better. And each game had it's own spin to it. Even stuff like MLB Power Pros on the Wii was really good for a more arcadey game.
I personally would love a nfl blitz style baseball game. Pitcher throws a ball at my head, I'm charging the plate lol. Ump calls a bad strike? It's going down.

Are those sex terms? Because I don't hook for anything less than a fiver.
5-inches.jpg

<wonders if these various nutters have actually considered, playing with a bat and a ball with some people at a park as an alternative... it's pretty cheap>
You try to get 18 adults to meet up somewhere for exercise? A lot harder to do after college. I guess you could lie and say it was some sort of party involving alcohol, food, and easy girls.

Haha nice. Yea I missed that one. Was still in school and parents still bought my games so had to choose wisely
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTkPwVh71kU

Cook, Serve, Delicious was a fun game I put many, many hours too. I even got to a 4 star restaurant before stopping. Steam Cards were also selling for 30ish cents at the time (I doubt those prices anymore). I recommend it heartily and it's hard for some but just remember practice, practice, practice. 

Another bundle that highlights one of my various mental problems.  "Ugh, sports and simulator, my two least favorite things.... No longer on steam, you say?  Well, I guess *insert bad rationalization here*"

Eh.  I have kind of wanted CSD for a while but was hoping for a better value.  I don't care a whit for either of the others, so $1 seems like a bit much.  I guess I'll wait a week and see if I gilby it or not.

Eh. I have kind of wanted CSD for a while but was hoping for a better value. I don't care a whit for either of the others, so $1 seems like a bit much. I guess I'll wait a week and see if I gilby it or not.
I feel the same way, might end up being in a better bundle at some point. All I want is CSD.

oh how i miss slugfest, hitz, blitz, street, etc. Many a drinking game were made out of those in college.  They really need to bring those back those and the mutant league series

I was going to give CSD to my alt, but if someone wants to split it, I can do that.  Going to be away for a few hours though.  Quote if interested and I'll get back to it tonight.

You try to get 18 adults to meet up somewhere for exercise? A lot harder to do after college. I guess you could lie and say it was some sort of party involving alcohol, food, and easy girls.
First off, you don't need a full team. Some friends and I used to meet up for 3 on 3 wiffle ball. Modified rules, of course.

• There was a box behind the plate with a duct-taped strike zone. Extra large to encourage swings.
  • Home runs either crossed the alley, went over the garage, or past the trees. Balls could be caught past those areas and still be considered outs.
  • While running bases, force outs and tag outs were still fair game, but runners could also be thrown out, kickball style. In the head was safe, but they'd think twice about taking extra bases after.
  • Oh yeah. The most important rule. ALWAYS had to have a drink in-hand. Batting, fielding, running. Drop your drink, whatever you did to benefit your team doesn't count. Made a diving catch, but didn't hold onto your beer? Safe. Hit a home run but dropped your cup celebrating? Out. Makes for a he77 of an afternoon.
Then kids happened, people moved away, life in general put a halt to the wiffle. Now I have my own kids wondering how I can pitch, catch, and hit with a Coors light in hand.

First step would be to ditch the Coors Light for better beer adult beverage choice.
Coors Light is the best choice for wiffle ball. I don't care if I spill a little.

It would be a travesty for any of the Newcastle or Widmer Bros Hefeweizen also occupying my fridge to find the grass.

Even worse if some of the Goose (on the rocks) were to dribble out of its container.

bread's done
Back