Hurricane Katrina

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Damn, that's a big hurricane.

It isn't headed for Saucy Jack country, is it?[/QUOTE]
It's started slowly curving now. The center probably won't hit Texas, but who knows, they predicted it was going to curve into Tampa 3 days ago and it just now started moving NW.

[quote name='opportunity777']What is with all the fucking hurricanes?[/QUOTE]
I was told in Sunday school that god sends hurricanes at those who cant stop touching their private parts.

Scorch is a dead man. :lol:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Anyone have any news about the gusts? Are they over 200 yet?[/QUOTE]

207... That'll knock over just about anything.

Hurricanes come in 20 years cycles. 20 years of storms, 20 years of normal, it's how the world works.

I love when the major goes... "Don't panic, but look at all the historic places now because they won't be here when you get back".

And of course crazy fuckers are going west and not east... go to the east people! It's safer, and fuck the "good attitude" southern freaks, act like us northerns and then you'll be fucking fine. :D

[quote name='supadupacheap']I was told in Sunday school that god sends hurricanes at those who cant stop touching their private parts.

Scorch is a dead man. :lol:[/QUOTE]

What if my girlfriend touches my private parts, what happens then?

This live feed is funny, they wouldn't move the screen.. chick was like "IF WE CAN MOVE ON, I can show you some access routes, but that's only if WE MOVE ON".. after six times of saying it, they finally got the hint to change the map picture.

[quote name='Scorch']What if my girlfriend touches my private parts, what happens then?

This live feed is funny, they wouldn't move the screen.. chick was like "IF WE CAN MOVE ON, I can show you some access routes, but that's only if WE MOVE ON".. after six times of saying it, they finally got the hint to change the map picture.[/QUOTE]

haha! Ya, I saw that! :rofl:

[quote name='RedvsBlue']207... That'll knock over just about anything.[/QUOTE]

Where have you found the gust info? I have checked weather.gov and weather.com and maybe I overlooked something. All they seem to have is sustained wind values.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Global warming, apocalypse, whatever.[/QUOTE]

I really hate that excuse. We've been making measurements of weather for less than 200 years, on top of that, we've only been keeping extensive, accurate records for 100 years or less. From this information some scientists think we're causing the downfall of the entire ecosystem. Its ridiculous if you think about it really.

[quote name='Scorch']What if my girlfriend touches my private parts, what happens then?[/QUOTE]
Guess you ll tell us after it happens. ;-)

[quote name='Scorch']This live feed is funny, they wouldn't move the screen.. chick was like "IF WE CAN MOVE ON, I can show you some access routes, but that's only if WE MOVE ON".. after six times of saying it, they finally got the hint to change the map picture.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but give them a break. Im sure they are running on minimum staff. (EVERYBODY called in sick) I just hope the producers dont think they should send out people to "see" the storm. I hate that crap.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Where have you found the gust info? I have checked weather.gov and weather.com and maybe I overlooked something. All they seem to have is sustained wind values.[/QUOTE]

They have only said it like 1,000 times on the news and the weather channel things show that too.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Where have you found the gust info? I have checked weather.gov and weather.com and maybe I overlooked something. All they seem to have is sustained wind values.[/QUOTE]

I saw it on Fox news. They report, we decide!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I really hate that excuse. We've been making measurements of weather for less than 200 years, on top of that, we've only been keeping extensive, accurate records for 100 years or less. From this information some scientists think we're causing the downfall of the entire ecosystem. Its ridiculous if you think about it really.[/QUOTE]
What people dont tend to remember is that the earths weather paterns are cyclical. We have good years and bad years. We are finally getting back to the bad years part of it. Sure it doesnt make those getting slammed now feel any better, but it is the case.

[quote name='supadupacheap']What people dont tend to remember is that the earths weather paterns are cyclical. We have good years and bad years. We are finally getting back to the bad years part of it. Sure it doesnt make those getting slammed now feel any better, but it is the case.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to gracefully back out of this conversation, because I'm biased. And this is not what this topic is for.
And I do know nature has natural cycles. Some people tend to forget I'm in school for environmental science. :roll:

It's in the corner on MSNBC's coverage.

[quote name='David85']
And of course crazy fuckers are going west and not east... go to the east people! It's safer, and fuck the "good attitude" southern freaks, act like us northerns and then you'll be fucking fine. :D[/QUOTE]

Actually, when I've seen the forecasted directions, it's predicted to shift more north east as it gets closer and closer to land. I dunno though, either way the big easy seems like it's in trouble, they say the 20 ft or so of water they predict to flood the downtown area could even be there for a couple weeks.

I don't believe what they say.

You go northeast awat from the storm. You will only get tonatoes which you can take cover from in a basement or something.

[quote name='Scorch']What if my girlfriend touches my private parts, what happens then?

This live feed is funny, they wouldn't move the screen.. chick was like "IF WE CAN MOVE ON, I can show you some access routes, but that's only if WE MOVE ON".. after six times of saying it, they finally got the hint to change the map picture.[/QUOTE]

If you aren't married to your girlfriend you are a dead man.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I'm going to gracefully back out of this conversation, because I'm biased. And this is not what this topic is for.
And I do know nature has natural cycles. Some people tend to forget I'm in school for environmental science. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I didn't intend my reply to be an attack on you. I just get a little peeved when people start throwing around global warming, I think you intended in only a semi-serious nature given that you grouped it with armageddon. So many people start saying global warming and really have no idea what it means and that's what really annoys me. Whether you believe in the idea of global warming or not, its gotta be annoying when people latch on to the idea just to explain things that they don't want to think about in simplistic terms, like cyclical weather patterns.

[quote name='David85']I don't beleave what they say.

You go northeast awat from the storm you will only get tonatoes which you can take cover from.[/QUOTE]

Uh, what was that? Say it again, only more slowly this time.

Breaking news on FOX, the pigeons are just about to leave too. They're just feeding on the leftover food but it is likely that they will fly away with the wind, at any time.

[quote name='David85']They have only said it like 1,000 times on the news and the weather channel things show that too.[/QUOTE]

I mean official links on the internet.

Well, it seems as if New Orleans has finally run out of luck. From the experts that they have there it will go about 30 miles east of the city, which means it will push the lake right into the city. This means that New Orleans might be under 30 ft. of water (so they say). Worst part is that some expect to strengthen up to 200 mph. As bad as it might seem, this is only the 4th strongest hurricane in recorded history.

I'm waiting for the flashing affects to go...

WE ARE DOOMED!!! RUN!!!!!!!!!!

Pat Robinson will probably say this hurricane is going to hit New Orleans because of the sex and drugs during Marti Gra (sp?).

[quote name='David85']I'm waiting for the flashing affects to go...

Pat Robinson will probably say this hurricane is going to hit New Orleans because of the sex and drugs during Marti Gra (sp?).[/QUOTE]

Nah, Jerry Falwell will beat him to it. Pat Robinson will say : "If New Orleans thinks that this hurricane will hit them, then I say we just go ahead and let the hurricane do it. I mean if they think its that way already, why not just go through with it?"

[quote name='David85']I'm waiting for the flashing affects to go...

Pat Robinson will probably say this hurricane is going to hit New Orleans because of the sex and drugs during Marti Gra (sp?).[/QUOTE]
That or he'll suggest we assasinate the leader of all the hurricanes so the madness will stop.

[quote name='supadupacheap']That or he'll suggest we assasinate the leader of all the hurricanes so the madness will stop.[/QUOTE]

Maybe all those hurricanes hit Florida for 2000 Prez elections :p

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Well, it seems as if New Orleans has finally run out of luck. From the experts that they have there it will go about 30 miles east of the city, which means it will push the lake right into the city. This means that New Orleans might be under 30 ft. of water (so they say). Worst part is that some expect to strengthen up to 200 mph. As bad as it might seem, this is only the 4th strongest hurricane in recorded history.[/QUOTE]

1. If it goes west of it, the city is fucked because the winds are worse. If it goes to the eat the lake goes into the city and the city is fucked.

2. I haven't heard that and it's highly unlikely, there is still a chance it will weaken.

3. "Worst" is just a term. There are some "worst" by deaths, the rain, the wind. There are different points to "worse". Plus most I hear grade hurricans by pleasure and this is the 4ths worst pressure in a hurricane ever, but the winds are stronger than most of the others.

[quote name='opportunity777']If you aren't married to your girlfriend you are a dead man.[/QUOTE]

If I was married to her, i'd say my wife :p

[quote name='David85']I don't believe what they say.

You go northeast awat from the storm. You will only get tonatoes which you can take cover from in a basement or something.[/QUOTE]

Ok, but if the storm causes tornadoes in the east, why bother with that if you can go west where there wouldn't be tornadoes? Also if tornadoes form in the east that would mean the hurricane went that direction.

Pat Robinson said in 1996 that god can see the gay flags in Disney World and will send hurricanes to it. Of course no real damage has happened since the dumbass said it.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Ok, but if the storm causes tornadoes in the east, why bother with that if you can go west where there wouldn't be tornadoes? Also if tornadoes form in the east that would mean the hurricane went that direction.[/QUOTE]

Tonatoes form everywhere in a hurricane, but the east gets more. It has nothing to do with the direction the storm takes.

I say go east because you can't go west. The traffic reports say more are going west than east. Plus its still looks like it is moving more west than they say to me, so they can be going into the storm.

I say, that with open arms, we will take all New Orleans refugees in Minnesota. My only request is that you bring your parties up here!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I say, that with open arms, we will take all New Orleans refugees in Minnesota. My only request is that you bring your parties up here![/QUOTE]

HAHAHA

It weakened a little.

It's ONLY at 165 now. And they have been saying that it might weekend to a strong catergy 4 with winds of ONLY 150-155.

So yeah I'm sure others are saying it's going to get to 200 winds. :roll:

I was watching Fox news and they wre interviewing some people at bourbon street. Here is what one convo went like:

news guy: "Excuse me sir, what are you still doing here?"
some guy: "mind your fucking bussiness"
news guy: "very nice response sir, you're on national television"

I actually laughed at this one.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I was watching Fox news and they wre interviewing some people at bourbon street. Here is what one convo went like:

I actually laughed at this one.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, people in New Orleans are frickin awesome.

I'll bet this video gets circulated through the entire 'net by the end of the week.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I was watching Fox news and they wre interviewing some people at bourbon street. Here is what one convo went like:

At least his last words are on tape.

Damnit... the remnants are going to give up another couple inches of rain.

But, I'm not going to be here for it. Yayums.

That's how you should act during it!

You know I'm actually a little pissed about this. I was watching Fox news for the longest time then I turn the channel for a bit and I miss this awesome interview.

I'm surprised that doesn't happen more with Faux News.

I'd probably just laugh if one of them bugged me.

[quote name='David85']Tonatoes form everywhere in a hurricane, but the east gets more. It has nothing to do with the direction the storm takes.

I say go east because you can't go west. The traffic reports say more are going west than east. Plus its still looks like it is moving more west than they say to me, so they can be going into the storm.[/QUOTE]

Ok so I guess most every meterologist and the Nationl Weather Service doesn't know what they are talking about and mispelling tornadoes everytime doesn't help your case. Also tornadoes can form just about anyplace, but they don't form everywhere because of a hurricane, they typically form in the northern and eastern parts of the storm so for tornadoes to end up going west the hurricane would need to shift unexpectedly in that direction. More traffic is heading west because the storm is precidcted to go east. Also historically most hurricanes out of the gulf curve back towards the northeast.

[quote name='kittie']I'm surprised that doesn't happen more with Faux News.

I'd probably just laugh if one of them bugged me.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I'd just be patronizing as hell:

"Excuse me sir, what are you still doing here?"
"What do you mean?"
"Well there's a hurricane coming"
"Holy shit, are you serious? Oh my god, we're all gonna die. For the love of god, save the children, SAVE THE CHILDREN. Oh wait, what are you doing here? Is this some conspiracy, your gonna clear out this town aren't you? You bastard, you'll have to fight me to the end you son of a bitch"

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Ok so I guess most every meterologist and the Nationl Weather Service doesn't know what they are talking about and mispelling tornadoes everytime doesn't help your case. Also tornadoes can form just about anyplace, but they don't form everywhere because of a hurricane, they typically form in the northern and eastern parts of the storm so for tornadoes to end up going west the hurricane would need to shift unexpectedly in that direction. More traffic is heading west because the storm is precidcted to go east. Also historically most hurricanes out of the gulf curve back towards the northeast.[/QUOTE]

If the weather assholes knew shit this storm would have hit today as a minior hurricane in Florida.

And Pat Robinson will come out and say that this storm will hit because god hates blacks. Honestly the only people in the town are minorities, which is rather sad. Plus the dome they are going to is going to be shit.

[quote name='David85']If the weather assholes knew shit this storm would have hit today as a minior hurricane in Florida.
[/QUOTE]

Weather forecasting is still really difficult, especially for tropical systems. That is why they never try to really predict much past 72 hours, and even then the track cone is still hundreds of miles wide.

Well, it looks like if anything hits Saucy Jack country, it'll just be some rainstorms. No big deal. Best of luck to everyone in danger, though.

bread's done
Back