I have the hOTTs for SeanR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh.

The crappy production house that I work for is going out of business (very slowly) so this would be a good time to either move or find a full time.

Man Michigan sucks ass for all video related production.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Oh.

The crappy production house that I work for is going out of business (very slowly) so this would be a good time to either move or find a full time.

Man Michigan sucks ass for all video related production.[/quote]

Move to Hollywood

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Move to Hollywood[/quote]

No.

I will never live in California. That state sucks ass.

Yeah I know wow. Lame. I hate news and I swear I will never do it unless its a last resort.

I have some fall backs so I am cool for now....I just hate the search.

I was ready to move to CA, but after I got waitlisted at the grad schools, my fiancee got a "too good to turn down" job offer here, but she has to stick around for at least 2 years.

Unfortunately, job market here sucks. I've been applying mainly to event planning and higher ed jobs, because I have a ton of experience in that outside of production.

Hey lord where are you looking for jobs?

Websites? Word of mouth?

I need some new suggestions of how I go about looking for more gigs. I dislike the internet because I feel it floods the market and there is a much less chance to get through.

The only thing I can think of is cold calls.

Most jobs I am finding actually dont get posted on a stations website or a production houses web site.

Got any advice?

NSFW?
3106_ce9ced6c1e15b934368791a8008a082c.jpg

Uh, I decided to do some searching online for Engineering resumes, and due to finding several examples, it's going to take me longer to finalize my new one. The reason is I'm trying to create the perfect resume, since being a perfectionist is very important to me (there will be a blog entry over my perfectionism problem I have). Every resume I've seen makes mine look terrible, so I'm going to spend time making a new one.

Out of curiosity, those who put one together, did they try making their own format, or tried using a MS Word template or something?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I wish I got a "too good to turn down" job offer...I'm seriously considering updating my resume...this shit is whack.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I mean, it's like probably not amazing, but considering she started a month after graduation at the top of the payscale, and gets free grad classes is a huge win (oh and she makes more than both of us did combined).

[quote name='Soodmeg']Hey lord where are you looking for jobs?

Websites? Word of mouth?

I need some new suggestions of how I go about looking for more gigs. I dislike the internet because I feel it floods the market and there is a much less chance to get through.

The only thing I can think of is cold calls.

Most jobs I am finding actually dont get posted on a stations website or a production houses web site.

Got any advice?[/QUOTE]

I look mainly at indeed, but again, it's not really production jobs. My WOM (word of mouth) has really gone down the shitter since I graduated since my profs were most of my contacts to other people. Now I pretty much just freelance for the company I worked for before (who I went to Vegas with), and ya, there are no jobs out there at radio/tv stations that aren't PT or intern.

[quote name='tiredfornow']@ dallow - The one in North Park?

It was two story, kinda nice, but I really wanted to go to Galleria. :[[/quote]
Oh ok. There's another one in a shopping center that I'm more familiar with.
More emo kids and hipsters shop at that one.

Yeah, Galleria is really nice now, they finished remodeling it some months ago.
We coulda gone ice skating together!

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Uh, I decided to do some searching online for Engineering resumes, and due to finding several examples, it's going to take me longer to finalize my new one. The reason is I'm trying to create the perfect resume, since being a perfectionist is very important to me (there will be a blog entry over my perfectionism problem I have). Every resume I've seen makes mine look terrible, so I'm going to spend time making a new one.

Out of curiosity, those who put one together, did they try making their own format, or tried using a MS Word template or something?[/quote]

Dont use a template in word. It fucks up a lot and becomes a huge pain in the ass. Just type it on word in whatever format you want but dont use a Word template.

[quote name='lordwow']Ya, I mean, it's like probably not amazing, but considering she started a month after graduation at the top of the payscale, and gets free grad classes is a huge win (oh and she makes more than both of us did combined).

I look mainly at indeed, but again, it's not really production jobs. My WOM (word of mouth) has really gone down the shitter since I graduated since my profs were most of my contacts to other people. Now I pretty much just freelance for the company I worked for before (who I went to Vegas with), and ya, there are no jobs out there at radio/tv stations that aren't PT or intern.[/quote]

Yeah my word of mouth is straight gone. Who would of thunk that with all the shitty shows that come out the well would still be pretty dry.

I am thinking about doing what you did and tell someone to just pay my cost of living for a while and then prove that I should be paid......but it sounds so lame.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Whoa...that's pretty sweet joe.[/quote]

That musta been one hell of an orgy...caligula would be proud.

thumb_3164_5925e24c3d1dc625ab346bce28a109ba.jpg

Ice skating = lots of fun
--
I got to the mall kind of late, since we didn't know it was closing at 6pm. I bought a neat pair of shoes, tried on some nice slip ons at Aldo, went to the car to get my wallet since I forgot and half of the damned places had closed already. I was able to slip into Foot Locker for the New Balance, but Aldo and Journeys were long gone by the time I got there. Same with Urban Outf. since I wanted those damned cameras. :whistle2:|

I've been spending too much cash on the past two weeks with fixing up the Jeep, going on that trip, and now that lost Money Order I have to wait 30 days for a refund for. Atleast I'll be getting the money back after time, but its going to hurt my wallet buying another one to send Moojie. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
sood: it is lame.

The strike and the economy combined means the industry blows right now. I'm trying to find a job out of it, and then maybe go back in later if things improve, but the 9-5 lifestyle is too appealing to me right now to go back to 12-18 hour days.

I've only ice skated once when I was kid.
I need a new bike.

That second pic looked fake.
Or it could be the same group of people that made up the whole face, taking multiple shots.

A road bike would be the bee's knees for downtown riding over there. So many hills, a lot of good shit to look at. -sigh- The only hills we have here are highway crossovers. :(

Oh, and the fake ass hills they added on the bike/walking trail just to make it seem like we're big stuff down here. :(

[quote name='joe2187']That musta been one hell of an orgy...caligula would be proud.

thumb_3164_5925e24c3d1dc625ab346bce28a109ba.jpg
[/quote]

That's the full image? Shit...that has to be a photoshop shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back