I have the hOTTs for SeanR

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='The Mana Knight']Uh, I decided to do some searching online for Engineering resumes, and due to finding several examples, it's going to take me longer to finalize my new one. The reason is I'm trying to create the perfect resume, since being a perfectionist is very important to me (there will be a blog entry over my perfectionism problem I have). Every resume I've seen makes mine look terrible, so I'm going to spend time making a new one.

Out of curiosity, those who put one together, did they try making their own format, or tried using a MS Word template or something?[/quote]

Sorry, but you're an idiot.

There is no such thing as a perfect resume.

Shit, I bet Superman and Jesus couldn't combine their resumes to make one perfect resume.

It sounds like you're trying to create a resume that's a 'one size fits all'. But you can't do that.

What you need to do is READ the description on the job you're applying for and be flexible with the resume to make it suit the EMPLOYER'S needs

Terry, it's not OK to not be looking for work while you try to create the Philosopher's Stone.

You have a pool of skills, experience, knowledge/classes right?

Look for work then decide what you're gonna pull from that pool for the resume

[quote name='dallow']Why is it a bad idea?
It works for anyone running untouched iPhones.

I thought it always flashes the FW, that's how you have to do it no?[/quote]

Last time I flashed my firmware, it ate everything i'd done on the phone, rather than just straight upgrading ala a PS3 system update. All my data was gone and I had to re-enter my entire contact list and everything -- now I have a bunch of shit customized I don't want to re-do either... plus no jailbreak yet means I can't even get all my apps back (neeeeeed nemussync).

Also, since iTunes isn't pushing the firmware yet, I'm inclined to think it's not advised for users to upgrade yet.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Its not like feeling naughty would get you anywhere, Linkin.

;)[/quote]

So true :cry:

Advice for all you youngins out there: fuck a lot of women.

Best moral from Little Miss Sunshine

[quote name='manthing']Sorry, but you're an idiot.

There is no such thing as a perfect resume.

Shit, I bet Superman and Jesus couldn't combine their resumes to make one perfect resume.

It sounds like you're trying to create a resume that's a 'one size fits all'. But you can't do that.

What you need to do is READ the description on the job you're applying for and be flexible with the resume to make it suit the EMPLOYER'S needs

Terry, it's not OK to not be looking for work while you try to create the Philosopher's Stone.

You have a pool of skills, experience, knowledge/classes right?

Look for work then decide what you're gonna pull from that pool for the resume[/QUOTE]

Make one general resume, then re-tool it for every different job you apply to. This is coming from a guy who got a job with next to no experience. My resume+badass suit=job.

I wish that worked for me stone. I do have the one resume that I retool for each job to make it sound like their perfect candidate, and I am a superb interviewee. But I can't get a damn interview.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Last time I flashed my firmware, it ate everything i'd done on the phone, rather than just straight upgrading ala a PS3 system update. All my data was gone and I had to re-enter my entire contact list and everything -- now I have a bunch of shit customized I don't want to re-do either... plus no jailbreak yet means I can't even get all my apps back (neeeeeed nemussync).

Also, since iTunes isn't pushing the firmware yet, I'm inclined to think it's not advised for users to upgrade yet.[/quote]
Ah I see.
Something must have happened then. Wasn't the case for me.

Also lots of users at GAF upgraded and everything is fine with theirs.

Do you think coffee will stunt my growth guys? I want to be a strapping dude like the man himself.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I was until you said I was OnTHB :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

That was a transient state.

[quote name='dallow']I live 5 mins from the Galleria. Used to work at Victoria's Secret there which is next to the Sony Store.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the galleria in Houston? :O

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So true :cry:

Advice for all you youngins out there: fuck a lot of women.

Best moral from Little Miss Sunshine[/quote]

Little Miss Sunshine is straight money. I have never ever laughed at a movie more.

I can't believe my girlfriend thinks TMK and CheapyD are handsome dudes. #-o
She even said Budge would be a cute kid without the acne. #-o #-o #-o

[quote name='tiredfornow']I can't believe my girlfriend thinks TMK and CheapyD are handsome dudes. #-o[/quote]

Didn't she also call me handsome?

EDIT: I see you edited your post now.

[quote name='manthing']

[/QUOTE]

You should make a standard resume and tailor a cover letter to each position. (If you even bother to do a cover letter.)

Other than that I agree with manstuff

[quote name='lordwow']I wish that worked for me stone. I do have the one resume that I retool for each job to make it sound like their perfect candidate, and I am a superb interviewee. But I can't get a damn interview.[/QUOTE]

I got the interview from some guy who works here who's mom works with my aunt. That also had something to do with it, but there were thirty or so other interviewees, and I know for a fact they knew more than me. I only had an answer to like 2 out of 12 or so questions they had that were job knowledge related.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I can't believe my girlfriend thinks TMK and CheapyD are handsome dudes. #-o
[/quote]

If she thinks they are cute what does that say about you TFN?

You worked at Victoria Secret dallow? What was that like? Did women ask you to judge them as they modeled lingerie and undies?

But seriously it seems like a job they might not take a male applicant seriously for. How did you crash through that lace ceiling?

[quote name='tiredfornow']I can't believe my girlfriend thinks TMK and CheapyD are handsome dudes. #-o
[/QUOTE]

TMK is a handsome dude at least if the pics he has of himself are actually him. :cool:

Also your gf is obviously an enlightened person who sees the inner beauty of people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya, not pleased about the most recent rejection to interview. Our university has an unwritten policy that internal candidates get an interview regardless of if their qualified (give them a shot type deal), and I was overqualified with 4 references at the university, and no interview.

I've never heard her say I'm good looking.

She always says ''Its whats on the inside that counts, and I love you for being a good person... on the inside.'' :oops: :(

[quote name='tiredfornow']I've never heard her say I'm good looking.

She always says ''Its whats on the inside that counts, and I love you for being a good person... on the inside.'' :oops: :([/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='lordwow']Ya, not pleased about the most recent rejection to interview. Our university has an unwritten policy that internal candidates get an interview regardless of if their qualified (give them a shot type deal), and I was overqualified with 4 references at the university, and no interview.[/quote]

I wish I could head butt anyone who says a person is overqualified for something.

It doesnt even make sense.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I've never heard her say I'm good looking.

She always says ''Its whats on the inside that counts, and I love you for being a good person... on the inside.'' :oops: :([/QUOTE]

I was right!

Teef is gonna be in Shallow Hal 2: Shallow Sal

BLURRY MESS
LAME iPHONE PIC

Here she is on the far right.
Look at her, standing, not caring, inches from the edge.
Sunglasses in her hair, white graphic tee, tight jeans, and green sneakers.

2656423064_1443ec4864.jpg

[quote name='darthbudge']Little Miss Sunshine is straight money. I have never ever laughed at a movie more.[/quote]

you've never laughed at a movie more than you have at little miss sunshine?

little miss sunshine was a dramedy! you've never laughed a lot at a straight up comedy?

You look like Brian Peppers, lordwow.
---
Wow, you got us all hot and bothered for a blurry pic that doesn't even show an ass or anything besides a blue and white figure? You're terrible. #-o

Overqualified means that my qualifications far exceeded the qualifications for the job.

[quote name='tiredfornow']You look like Brian Peppers, lordwow.[/QUOTE]

Ya, but have you seen me on the inside?

320x240.jpg

[quote name='dallow']BLURRY MESS
LAME iPHONE PIC

[/quote]

Whats up with the lesbos on the left though? Shorty likes her fatties.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I wish I could head butt anyone who says a person is overqualified for something.

It doesnt even make sense.[/quote]

I hate that shit...I applied at GS a couple years back to get extra cash for X-Mas and I was "overqualified"...I'm so glad I didn't get the job there...a bunch of snotty homo's work there and some geeky chick. I mean homo's as in actually gay guys...they're fucking snooty and get on my nerves whenever I have to make a stop at that POS store.

LAME iPHONE PIC

[/quote]
I am disappointed.

LAME iPHONE PIC

[/quote]

nice crocs

[quote name='lordwow']Overqualified means that my qualifications far exceeded the qualifications for the job.[/quote]

But there is no such thing. If you applied knowing what they wanted it shouldnt matter.

They should think of you as a huge bargain if you are willing to accept being under paid. I just never got the "You have to much experience to work here we actually need someone shitty" angle.

If I ran a company I would try stockpile overqualified people who just want a job.

[quote name='tiredfornow']You look like Brian Peppers, lordwow.
---
Wow, you got us all hot and bothered for a blurry pic that doesn't even show an ass or anything besides a blue and white figure? You're terrible. #-o[/quote]Sorry mang!
I didn't want to really look like I was taking a pic. I was too close, she could have turned around. I just snuck a quick one and they always suck D on the iphone if you don't hold it a sec.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Whats up with the lesbos on the left though? Shorty likes her fatties.[/quote]I don't know ha, more tourists.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']I am disappointed.[/quote]
:(

[quote name='Soodmeg']But there is no such thing. If you applied knowing what they wanted it shouldnt matter.

They should think of you as a huge bargain if you are willing to accept being under paid. I just never got the "You have to much experience to work here we actually need someone shitty" angle.

If I ran a company I would try stockpile overqualified people who just want a job.[/QUOTE]

I agree I guess. But still, if a position says that it's entry level event planning and requires no background and you have 2+ years of event planning on your resume, that means you're overquaified. Unfortunately, at some locations that does disqualify you. I know that for my fiancee's job, they shot down a few "overqualified" candidates because they felt they wouldn't be willing to accept the salary. Lame, but that's how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back