I just bought a DS Lite from Target! Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Walt Jay']That's weird that you guys got that. I still got the "Order is ready for pickup" email. I could always try to pick it up. :cold:[/QUOTE]

Or you could just read the email over and over. That would be fun too.

Got mine last night at the Target on Howard in Evanston. I had a friend check the Glenview one in the Glen, but no luck. When I got to the Howard Target around 8, they had 4 on the shelf. I went and got an employee, and while I was waiting another person came to get one. He bought one, I bought two, and there was one kid waiting for his mom to get another one.

I was casually talking to the employee, and he sold the units to me, but then asked another employee (or his manager, not sure) about the fact that they were breaking the street date. I don't know if they pulled the units or not.

Anyway, I have one for sale if any Chicago folk are interested. :D

[quote name='Walt Jay']That's weird that you guys got that. I still got the "Order is ready for pickup" email. I could always try to pick it up. :cold:[/QUOTE]

If it were me, I'd limp in there and say, "You made me limp all the way in here with a sprained ankle and now you're not going to give me something I ALREADY PAID FOR?!" and generally raise Hell. But I didn't get that e-mail.

Madopal,

I'm in Chicago and I'm interested. Email me at:

wsjenkins AT rcn.com

ETA: The Target in Evanston on Howard is no longer selling the DS Lites. Tried this morning. In fact, all Targets I tried said no.

The Sears at four corners on Irving, big no too.

First post and all I have to say is thanks to you all, I'm now a proud owner of a DS Lite. I'd been thinking of picking up a DS here the past couple days, having no clue about the Lites as I'm not big on Nintendo products. I came across this thread while researching and got caught up in the hype.

Last night, went to the Walmart in Goergetown, KY. No DS Lites and the clerk, who was an older woman, had no clue what I was talking about.

Next stop was the Target in Lexington, KY as it was along the way home. I go in and they have 2 Lites in the case. I hit the call button for assisstance.

Target Employee: Can I help you?
Me: *Points in vague direction of the case* Yeah, I need to get a..
Target Employee: DS Lite?
Me: Yeah.. Guess people have been here asking already..
Target Employee: Yep, we had 15. People have been coming in all day.

He takes it out and rings it up for me. I then proceeded to Gamestop to pick up a couple used games for it. The employees were pissed I got one early as they had to wait 11 more days. I let them know there was one left, and they asked my to bring in mine so they could drool over it. *Chuckle* It was an eventful evening.

I just got off the phone with the Gamestop in my area. I asked him if they had any Ds Lites in and he pretty much yelled, "They don't come out till june 11th, JEEZ!!"
I guess they got word that everyone was selling them but them.

[quote name='dark54555']Just got a call from Sears.

"The DS Lite you ordered has been returned to the manufacturer. You can either call Sears.com and cancel the order, or come pick out a different one."

"I'll cancel. Thanks."[/quote]
I got just about the same call, he asked if i wanted a "Blue one" instead (yea, they're being tricky, bait & switch). Of course i asked if it was the DS Lite or the original, to which he regrettingly replied the original. I told him i would cancel my order.

I'm kinda burned out on this, ill just wait and hope that Gamerush gets some in. Ive still got plenty of store credit, and ill have an additional $60 to tack on when i trade my original in.

[quote name='locutus411']I just got my confirmation email from Sears. I am OTW to attempt pickup. Wish me luck.[/quote]

Keep us posted. I got the same email, but I am stuck at work all day (and then some!).

Got my confirmation from Sears online. Went to East side Sears here in Columbus, Ohio.

Stock guy couldnt find them. Had the cashier check stock at the store. The sku brings up an error. Something about a hold on the items.

I had to get a refund.

Wow, I guess there aren't (m)any other Long Island CAG's looking for a DS Lite.. gonna hit the Target in the Broadway Mall in Hicksville and the one in Commack on the way home from work in about an hour, and the Sears in the Huntington Mall says they're in stock, so I will check there.

Stopping at the nearby Best Buy for something else, but I'll check and see if they have them anyway ;)

Don't expect to find anything, but wouldn't it be nice?

[quote name='Axereaver']First post and all I have to say is thanks to you all, I'm now a proud owner of a DS Lite. I'd been thinking of picking up a DS here the past couple days, having no clue about the Lites as I'm not big on Nintendo products. I came across this thread while researching and got caught up in the hype.

Last night, went to the Walmart in Goergetown, KY. No DS Lites and the clerk, who was an older woman, had no clue what I was talking about.

Next stop was the Target in Lexington, KY as it was along the way home. I go in and they have 2 Lites in the case. I hit the call button for assisstance.

Target Employee: Can I help you?
Me: *Points in vague direction of the case* Yeah, I need to get a..
Target Employee: DS Lite?
Me: Yeah.. Guess people have been here asking already..
Target Employee: Yep, we had 15. People have been coming in all day.

He takes it out and rings it up for me. I then proceeded to Gamestop to pick up a couple used games for it. The employees were pissed I got one early as they had to wait 11 more days. I let them know there was one left, and they asked my to bring in mine so they could drool over it. *Chuckle* It was an eventful evening.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of like what happened to me. I picked up my Lite on tuesday night so yesterday (wednesday) I wanted to get a new game and a screen protector for it so I went to Gamestop. I picked up the screen protectors that are made specifically for the Lite and while the guy was ringing me up he asked, "do you have a DS lite?" I answered yep with a big grin and then he said "Target?" He seemed to say it in a kind of annoyed tone so that leads me to believe he didn't get a chance to get one from them before they pulled them off the shelves.

Last night I ordered via sears.com after my local Sears had closed. This morning I got an email stating that the order had been canceled. So I went back to sears.com, searched again, and found it at another local store. I placed a second order, and quicly received a "Ready for Pickup" email. When I arrived at the store, I was told that they had tried to contact me, as the item was marked as "do not sell" Two managers checked, and double checked, but they were not able to give me a DS Lite, because according to their system, the item as been recalled. I had to call the customer service number to have the order canceled, and the customer service rep also stated that these have been recalled. There is one more store in my area that is listed as having stock. I'm going to try to place an order from them w/ little hope that it will be filled.

EDIT: I'm in the Suburban Detroit Area. The 1st order was at Livonia Mall, it was canceled. The 2nd order was at Fairlane Mall, it was not honored, and has been canceled. The 3rd order is at Twelve Oaks Mall, and it is still processing.

UPDATE: Well, I just got a call from the Twelve Oaks Store, they're also claiming recall, and have cancelled the order.

:(

[quote name='DustBoogie']Wow, I guess there aren't (m)any other Long Island CAG's looking for a DS Lite.. gonna hit the Target in the Broadway Mall in Hicksville and the one in Commack on the way home from work in about an hour, and the Sears in the Huntington Mall says they're in stock, so I will check there.

Stopping at the nearby Best Buy for something else, but I'll check and see if they have them anyway ;)

Don't expect to find anything, but wouldn't it be nice?[/quote]

Yeah, I checked out the Sears website last night and it only listed the Huntington Square Mall as In store (but not in-stock, later on last night it was listed as out of stock entirely), so I placed an order with the Sears at the South Shore Mall. Got my confirmation email this morning, no phone calls from them yet. I wish the Huntington Square Mall one had it in stock last night, as that is much closer to me.

[quote name='Tybee']Good luck to ya. If by some miracle you come upon some, pick up an extra one for me, would'ja?[/QUOTE]
I would have, but none at the Crossville SuperTarget. Didn't make it to Northpoint.

At least I found a cheap used copy of Midnight Club 3 @ BBuster. That made me happy.

Crap. Canton, GA Sears "Doesn't carry the Nintendo series" and the Town Center one only has the oldies in stock. Haven't tried Northpoint, because there's no way in hell I'm driving there. No one picked up at the Woodstock Target electronics deparment, but I'm going out in a bit anyway, so I'll stop by there and the Woodstock Wal-Mart.

Woodstock is about thirty-five to forty-five minutes away from Atlanta, but it's about to hit rush hour, so even a shiny new DS Lite probably isn't worth the trip.

[quote name='Narse']Yeah, I checked out the Sears website last night and it only listed the Huntington Square Mall as In store (but not in-stock, later on last night it was listed as out of stock entirely), so I placed an order with the Sears at the South Shore Mall. Got my confirmation email this morning, no phone calls from them yet. I wish the Huntington Square Mall one had it in stock last night, as that is much closer to me.[/quote]

Aye, I checked the same thing but the SS Mall is much too far from me to justify going over there on a whim, and I don't want to place an order online (need to pay for this puppy with cold hard cash :p).

I doubt anything will come of my search but if any store actually sells me one, I'll be sure to let you know.

[quote name='Wario64']anyone successful yet in the bay area, california?[/quote]

The Frappr map doesn't look good for us... Newark, CA here.
Tuesday night I saw the post on Joystiq so I ran to Walmart in Union City, CA and then to Target in the New Park Mall in Newark, CA the following morning after not getting any sleep... I called the Walmart in Fremont, CA but the girl said they hadn't gotten any. From what I can see, our best bet would've been San Bruno Sears (bart leads right to the mall where it's located) but this morning their site says they're no longer in stock. I was gonna head down there today since I was plannin on going to Telegraph (Berkeley) and San Bruno would just be a little bit out of my way on bart. San Mateo's Sears says in stock still.

Just came back from the Target in Exton, PA. Plenty of shelf space for them, but no DS Lites. I did notice the Animal Crossing DS Bundle and a bunch of the GBA SP in Pink. Looks like I'm waiting until June 11 too, like the most of you poor slobs! :)

[quote name='DustBoogie']Aye, I checked the same thing but the SS Mall is much too far from me to justify going over there on a whim, and I don't want to place an order online (need to pay for this puppy with cold hard cash :p).

I doubt anything will come of my search but if any store actually sells me one, I'll be sure to let you know.[/quote]

Thank you, kind sir!

[quote name='Erving']Has anybody has success in any northern part of texas??[/QUOTE]

the frappr has one Dallas area success, which was a Target, but that store has apparently since been "reported." Status there: unknown.

[quote name='cplater']Has anyone had any luck at Sears?[/quote]

Some had success yesterday but it looks like they're either selling out online but more than likely they are changing the status to reflect that they will have units available in a couple weeks so they can stop their problem from it's source rather than have to deal w/ it at every store and make lots of phone calls which are going out this morning.

Just got the dreaded email from Sears telling me that my order from last night has just been cancelled. Put in an order at the Huntington Square Mall one now, although I have very little hope of it working.

[quote name='such great heights']Crap. Canton, GA Sears "Doesn't carry the Nintendo series" and the Town Center one only has the oldies in stock. Haven't tried Northpoint, because there's no way in hell I'm driving there. No one picked up at the Woodstock Target electronics deparment, but I'm going out in a bit anyway, so I'll stop by there and the Woodstock Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]
The Sears stores in general seem to be shutting everyone out at this point. The website claims that Northpoint does not have them in stock, anyway, so I haven't bothered to visit the store in person. I'm currently about a mile from it.

I just received an email from Sears saying my order has been cancelled and the San Bruno store no longer has any in stock.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Raven, where are you at, have you tried up at the State College store?[/quote]
Well, that's it for me. Tried Sears, and got what everybody's getting - the manager knew nothing about the DS Lite, but the computer wouldn't let him sell one because it claims they're recalled. Actually a clever way to get your employees to not sell something without explaining why - if Walmart had done that I doubt so many DS Lite sales would've happened with employee overrides.

Speaking of Walmart, I went back there to do some legitimate shopping and decided to give one more try at finding a cooperative employee... they all know now, and have reverted to "lie and frighten" mode... the guy said he "didn't have any, and if I did I couldn't sell them. Any store that sells them is doing so illegally." He didn't want to talk to me any more after that - presumably for fear of bringing down the feds. If you get a DS Lite early, the terrorists win. :roll:

I know you have them, pal - the guy last night went into the stock room and told me they were sitting there, he just wouldn't override the thing and sell one. Sigh.

At any rate, looks like that's it for Central PA. KwanzaaTimmy, if I missed someplace and you miraculously find them, buy two and I'll take one off your hands. ;) Otherwise, we'll just have to wait and exchange friend codes on the 11th with everybody else.

[quote name='cplater']Has anyone had any luck at Sears?[/QUOTE]

I just got back from the Salt Lake City Sears. I had my confirmation email in hand, but the manager told me they didn't have any. Denied.

Debating whether to check a couple Targets in Dallas after work, or just say "fuck it" and wait till the 11th with everyone else...

I ordered from Sears got the confrimation email. I was just about to leave and my phone rang. They said that they do not have any in stock and the earliest they would receive them was on Tuesday. I called customer support to cancel my order and the lady told me she just got off the phone with someone else doing the same thing from NY. So no go for me and looks like a no go for a lot of other people.

I think if you bitch enough with Sears, they may give you a discount or something. I heard someone bitching about their in-store pickup before when I went to get something. The guy was like....our Inventory system is GREAT, not sure what happened.

[quote name='Ravenlock']Well, that's it for me. Tried Sears, and got what everybody's getting - the manager knew nothing about the DS Lite, but the computer wouldn't let him sell one because it claims they're recalled. Actually a clever way to get your employees to not sell something without explaining why - if Walmart had done that I doubt so many DS Lite sales would've happened with employee overrides.

Speaking of Walmart, I went back there to do some legitimate shopping and decided to give one more try at finding a cooperative employee... they all know now, and have reverted to "lie and frighten" mode... the guy said he "didn't have any, and if I did I couldn't sell them. Any store that sells them is doing so illegally." He didn't want to talk to me any more after that - presumably for fear of bringing down the feds. If you get a DS Lite early, the terrorists win. :roll:

I know you have them, pal - the guy last night went into the stock room and told me they were sitting there, he just wouldn't override the thing and sell one. Sigh.

At any rate, looks like that's it for Central PA. KwanzaaTimmy, if I missed someplace and you miraculously find them, buy two and I'll take one off your hands. ;) Otherwise, we'll just have to wait and exchange friend codes on the 11th with everybody else.[/QUOTE]

Thats quite unfortunate man, I've been ready to try and hunt one down here after work. I knew that the Altoona store was out, but was hoping that Wal-mart may have had them.

Oh well, Central PA CAGs wait till the 11th :)

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Thats quite unfortunate man, I've been ready to try and hunt one down here after work. I knew that the Altoona store was out, but was hoping that Wal-mart may have had them.

Oh well, Central PA CAGs wait till the 11th :)[/quote]
Yup. Could be a lot worse. I've still got my EB preorder, I didn't charge anything to my credit card finding out that the Sears deal doesn't work, and everybody who has gotten one seems to think they're freaking awesome, so that makes me look forward to it all the more.

And it's been a fun treasure hunt, even if an unsuccessful one.

Thanks again to the OP - you caused quite a stir and made lots of people happy. :D:applause:

Medina, Ohio:

Found a bunch of DS Lites at Walmart. An employee was offering advice to a mother about which DS to buy for her son. The employee indicated that the Lite would be a good choice.

I didn't try to buy one, so I don't know if there's a lockout at the register. There were about 6 visible, but probably more behind the ones I could see.

I tried a ton of Target and Wal-Marts in the Phoenix area yesterday and today. Even the Baseline and McClintock location that someone else got one at- no luck.

But... I *just* picked up mine at Sears. Ordered online this morning before they opened and got the pick up email just after they opened. Got in at 10:45 and picked it up- no problem.

Seems like all Phoenix area Sears have them in stock. I got mine in Chandler.

I just picked mine up at Sears, too. I ordered mine about an hour and a half ago and picked it up shortly thereafter. Joliet, IL. Most of the other local stores are sold out.

I drove to the Joliet store first thing this morning and they knew nothing about it, then I drove up to Aurora and the guy standing in front of me had ordered the last one. I drove home, ordered one from Joliet, and now it's in my hands. Glorious.

Looks like we're out of luck in Westwood Village, CA. I called the EBGames where I preordered and they said they had it, but they had to check with a manager if it was ok to sell. Turns out they can't sell it till th 11th and that the other stores that are selling it early are "going to get sued." Same story with the Best Buy there.

Another failure case at sears.com

Ordered last nite, confirmation email this morning at around 10am.... Then 15 mins later the store called and said the item has been recalled... Well, saved me a few bucks in gas...

Store that I was going to pick up is at El Cajon.:roll:

[quote name='Billservo']I tried a ton of Target and Wal-Marts in the Phoenix area yesterday and today. Even the Baseline and McClintock location that someone else got one at- no luck.

But... I *just* picked up mine at Sears. Ordered online this morning before they opened and got the pick up email just after they opened. Got in at 10:45 and picked it up- no problem.

Seems like all Phoenix area Sears have them in stock. I got mine in Chandler.[/QUOTE]

So that's one success story and about 30 no-go's.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']That's kind of like what happened to me. I picked up my Lite on tuesday night so yesterday (wednesday) I wanted to get a new game and a screen protector for it so I went to Gamestop. I picked up the screen protectors that are made specifically for the Lite and while the guy was ringing me up he asked, "do you have a DS lite?" I answered yep with a big grin and then he said "Target?" He seemed to say it in a kind of annoyed tone so that leads me to believe he didn't get a chance to get one from them before they pulled them off the shelves.[/QUOTE]

just out of curiosity, what kind of DS Lite protectors were you buying? i totally didnt expect to get a Lite So Soon so i held off on the DS games and priority ordered the regular DS Hori Filters (the Lite ones i heard leave residue for some reason) as soon as i got back home.

[quote name='spincut']just out of curiosity, what kind of DS Lite protectors were you buying? i totally didnt expect to get a Lite So Soon so i held off on the DS games and priority ordered the regular DS Hori Filters (the Lite ones i heard leave residue for some reason) as soon as i got back home.[/QUOTE]

I got these:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=802272

It comes with an extra stylus too. They "officially" were supposed to be out today (6/1) according to the website at Gamestop but the store I went to yesterday already had them out. It took a little bit to get them on but now that they're on there they're hardly noticable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back