I was on Beauty and the Geek season 5. I'm now trying to get on season 6!

[quote name='Collectordragon']I'd definitely be interested in being on another reality show but not those two. *shudders* Yeah, I know about Megan going on Rock of Love 2. She really learned a lot from winning Beauty and the Geek 3. Wait... :lol:

Thanks. I appreciate the support even if it's belated. :)[/quote]

What kills me in that show is that nobody's mentioned anything yet about that....maybe they all know and its alright....or maybe it will change the show when it gets out.....or maybe it won't get out at all.....

Anyway, I hope you ended up winning and I hope you had a great time there.

This is the only reality show i enjoy watching and ive watched it since season one. Interesting to see a CAG on it.

[quote name='CouRageouS']The Pick Up Artist in particular was considerably fake because a lot of the girls in the clubs were actresses. Some of the girls showed up more than once at different club locations. So basically there was a lot of plants. The clips of the "Master Artists" working their magic were all set up as well. I'm sure some of the guys there were just there for the same of being there, but half of them wanted the exposure as well. And if you think about the whole concept of the Pick Up artist, its basically acting lessons.[/quote]
These guys like mystery do seem to know what they are doing but I'm surprised their bodies don't explode after the amounts of douschness and jackassery that they go through each and every day. I'll be watching and rooting for you man! Hope the show changed your life!

Congrats on being on the show! It's always a fun show to watch. One thing I always wondered is how long does it take to shoot the entire season? Are you doing the challenges almost every day, or is there a good amount of downtime? Also are you able to go out at all during the taping, or pretty much confined to the house except for challenges?

I was on COPS once.....Thats about it.

But damn man, Good luck....how do theses shows work?...is it already done filming?

[quote name='Wolve11']What kills me in that show is that nobody's mentioned anything yet about that....maybe they all know and its alright....or maybe it will change the show when it gets out.....or maybe it won't get out at all.....

Anyway, I hope you ended up winning and I hope you had a great time there.[/QUOTE]

I heard from someone that knows Megan that she was picked on by the other girls on Rock of Love 2 for having already been on a reality show.

Thanks. :)

[quote name='vanilla_shakin_it']These guys like mystery do seem to know what they are doing but I'm surprised their bodies don't explode after the amounts of douschness and jackassery that they go through each and every day. I'll be watching and rooting for you man! Hope the show changed your life![/QUOTE]

Thanks. :)

[quote name='Gillums']Congrats on being on the show! It's always a fun show to watch. One thing I always wondered is how long does it take to shoot the entire season? Are you doing the challenges almost every day, or is there a good amount of downtime? Also are you able to go out at all during the taping, or pretty much confined to the house except for challenges?[/QUOTE]

Thanks. This season took around a month to film. We're not allowed to leave the mansion unless it's part of the show. We're prisoners. :lol: That's all I can mention at the moment. I can say for every hour or two of interesting stuff there is at least double that amount of time where you're just waiting around for things to be set up and you're not allowed to do anything or even talk.

[quote name='joe2187']I was on COPS once.....Thats about it.

But damn man, Good luck....how do theses shows work?...is it already done filming?[/QUOTE]

Joking about the Cops thing? Or not? :lol:

Thanks and it's done filming. The majority of reality shows are done filming before they air the first episode. I assume it makes editing easier.

I just channel surfed into MTV replaying season 4, and i realized how much i disliked this season just because of the twist as everyone was very bias towards Sam and Nicole. I was almost 100% sure that the final competition would include them. Hopefully this seasons twist will be better.

What happens to the people when they get eliminated?

I always wondered what happens to the people because if they go home, its obvious to their family that they lost. Do they make you stay at a hotel or something until the show finishes taping?

[quote name='Collectordragon']Joking about the Cops thing? Or not? :lol:

Thanks and it's done filming. The majority of reality shows are done filming before they air the first episode. I assume it makes editing easier.[/quote]

Not kidding about the COPS part, a long while back when i was about 14 or so I kinda stole my cousins car and went joyriding along in pasadena, and well...it wasnt long before i was caught, i wasnt expecting the crew from COPS to be there, i was embarressed as hell and my parents opted to fuzz out my face when they air it...They also give you a choice to air it or not if its a misdemeanor, my mom said yes so she could let my stupidity be known.

I would say good luck but seeing as its already over, I do have some questions though.

I havent checked out your Myspace but other than the fact that you need a shave and a haircut and a wardrobe that's not from 1978...what makes you a geek? other than the obvious.

Going on that show pretty much sums it up. :)

My guesses....

Likes computers and videogames
star wars and star trek
rides a bike instead of a car
comics
possibily acne
Lives at home
Don't shave/shower
Don't like sports
Cheapass
No self confidence
No girlfriend
I think that sums up most of us.

Congratulations OP, you out geeked hundreds of other geeks to be on the show :applause:

What is the prize if you win?...besides having wild sex with the chick?

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Going on that show pretty much sums it up. :)

My guesses....

star wars and star trek
comics
possibly acne
Lives at home in the basement
Don't shave/shower
Don't like sports to sweat.
Cheapass gamer
No self confidence
Tells everyone he has a girlfriend but in fact doesn't have one.
Is a avid WoW Player with an uber character and brags about it every time he can.
I think that sums up most of us.[/quote]

added and fixed.

Thank you.

Kinda funny. Im sure one of those items will affect everyone here. I'll admit im a nerd not a geek. I like star wars and star trek a little. Im a cheapass. Likes videogames. Thats it for me.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Congratulations OP, you out geeked hundreds of other geeks to be on the show :applause:

What is the prize if you win?...besides having wild sex with the chick?[/quote]

live passionate uncensored hardcore sex with the "beauty" of your choice and against their will to be released with the season dvd set under too hot for the CW........opps too far??!?!?

[quote name='gareman']live passionate uncensored hardcore sex with the "beauty" of your choice and against their will to be released with the season dvd set under too hot for the CW........opps too far??!?!?[/quote]

wow.....this is certainly letting the nerd fantasies run wild......

Congrats! Do you guys keep in touch with each other? I bet you one of the girls bought you a $150 pair of jeans as part of a make-over, huh? Hahaha.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Thanks. This season took around a month to film. We're not allowed to leave the mansion unless it's part of the show. We're prisoners. :lol: That's all I can mention at the moment. I can say for every hour or two of interesting stuff there is at least double that amount of time where you're just waiting around for things to be set up and you're not allowed to do anything or even talk.[/quote]

You're not even allowed to talk? Do you mean you literally just sat around and stared at each other for periods of time? That seems a bit odd, even by TV standards.

Which girl had the nicest ass?

What would happen if you did talk? I mean that can't really kick you off. I would just keep talking to see If I COULD get thrown off. Now thats draMA

I'll definitely watch it if I can find out what god damn channel it broadcasts here in NJ... If it can't figure it out, I'll watch it on CW's website :).

I saw your commercial on the TV at the gym today. You're uber-famous!!!

On another note, I drive through Colfax all the time on the way up to Tahoe. Rosy's just off the highway used to have the best shakes evarrr until it got sold.

[quote name='JJSP']
jonathan-beauty-and-the-geek-season-5.jpg

Nice work.[/QUOTE]

"You like like you were made in a laboratory of parts from lesser nerds!"

The right slack leg being tucked into the untied shoe is a great touch.

[quote name='joe2187']
I would say good luck but seeing as its already over, I do have some questions though.

I havent checked out your Myspace but other than the fact that you need a shave and a haircut and a wardrobe that's not from 1978...what makes you a geek? other than the obvious.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Going on that show pretty much sums it up. :)

My guesses....

star wars and star trek
comics
possibily acne
Lives at home
Don't shave/shower
Don't like sports
Cheapass
No self confidence
No girlfriend
I think that sums up most of us.[/QUOTE]

I didn't pick the wardrobe. I normally wear jeans and a t-shirt. The clothes in that picture were mine but I wouldn't wear them like that. If I'm wearing a suit I'd wear a regular tie, have my shirt tucked in, and wear dress shoes. They even forced me to wear a bow tie in the premiere.

As for the list...

Likes computers and videogames: Obviously.
star wars and star trek: I like both but am not obsessed. Other than a New Hope I've only seen each Star Wars movie a single time for example.
rides a bike instead of a car: I don't go out much but since I live far from everything I take a car.
comics: Yes, but I haven't read or collected comics on a regular basis since I was a teenager. I'm getting more into manga though. I finally found and bought the Naruto Shadow Box recently. :D
possibily acne: Nope, I have very good skin. The beauties complimented me on it in fact.
Lives at home: Yep.
Don't shave/shower: I shave just not on a regular basis. I normally shower daily and sometimes twice a day. I'm very concerned with cleanliness.
Don't like sports: The only sport I really like is MMA.
Cheapass: Cheap Ass Gamer :)
No self confidence: I have self-confidence.
No girlfriend: True but I have dated and haven't met a girl I wanted to have as my girlfriend yet.

One of the reasons I went on the show was to improve my social skills and get more social experience.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Congratulations OP, you out geeked hundreds of other geeks to be on the show :applause:

What is the prize if you win?...besides having wild sex with the chick?[/QUOTE]

Actually, I was told I beat out about 5000 other geeks to get on the show. :)

The prize is $125,000.

[quote name='Panda']Congrats! Do you guys keep in touch with each other? I bet you one of the girls bought you a $150 pair of jeans as part of a make-over, huh? Hahaha.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we keep in touch although it has only been a few weeks since we finished filming.

[quote name='cochesecochese']You're not even allowed to talk? Do you mean you literally just sat around and stared at each other for periods of time? That seems a bit odd, even by TV standards.
[/QUOTE]

Yes and yes. It was odd but apparently that's the norm in reality television. On any TV show or movie set there's a lot of waiting around while things are setup. That's why movie stars have trailers. The difference is on a reality show they don't want the cast to be interacting while not being filmed. It's called a "TV timeout".

[quote name='Silver47']Dude I went to Colfax High School....[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I didn't move to Colfax until I had already finished high school.

[quote name='Milkyman']What is the goal of the show? does the last couple get money?[/QUOTE]

The goal of the show is to become more than a beauty or a geek. Their line not mine. :) On past seasons the winning couple split $250,000.

[quote name='TahoeMax']I saw your commercial on the TV at the gym today. You're uber-famous!!!

On another note, I drive through Colfax all the time on the way up to Tahoe. Rosy's just off the highway used to have the best shakes evarrr until it got sold.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha. :) Was I in the commercial? I'm usually at least in the background.

Yeah, Colfax is the pit stop for people going from Sacramento to Tahoe or Reno. :lol:

Reality's Fringe;4061164 said:
"You like like you were made in a laboratory of parts from lesser nerds!"

The right slack leg being tucked into the untied shoe is a great touch.

I'm a geek not a nerd. ;)

My shoes were definitely tied but the pant leg thing was unintentional. I don't normally wear dress slacks with my Van's skateboarding shoes. I wanted to just wear jeans and a t-shirt but if I had to wear nicer clothes I wanted to go all the way and not that mishmash they made me do. It shouldn't come as a surprise but pre-make-over they try to make us as geeky as possible. I was the only one forced to dress differently though which sucked.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Well, I hope you watch this season. :D

I watched the first four seasons and enjoyed them all. I don't think the first season of a reality show is automatically better than later seasons but it's the show in its purest form. The bad part about later seasons are twists which can range from being very cool to very lame. The big twist last season was a female geek and a male beauty. The big twist this season is the show now being Beauty versus the Geek instead of Beauty and the Geek.[/QUOTE]

So you didn't get paired with a beauty? That sucks.

One of the main reasons I stopped watching is it aired directly against Lost and one other show (can't remember which - maybe American Idol) so I couldn't DVR it. Didn't like it enough to fool with VHS tapes.

I'd probably buy the old seasons on DVD if they are ever really cheap somewhere. Good for a watch I'm sure.

This has maybe already been mentioned but the current Entertainment Weekly's 'What to Watch' section lists Beauty and the Geek with I believe your picture.

Cool ill have to start watching this again, i used to watch the past seasons on and off. Hoped you did well on the show, Congrats!

Hmm if there is more than one white dude with a big beard than maybe it's not you in EW. You'll have to find a copy and take a look.

bread's done
Back