Ice Silver PSP Slim Daxter Bundle $169.99 Target B&M or PM-Available NOW!

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Edit 5: Courtesy of Birakon, here is a screen grab.
Screen Grab

Edit 4: Thanks to jnirvana292, here is a Yahoo cache version.

Edit 3: Target.com has changed the price, and my Google Cache page is gone.
If someone has a screenshot, post it and I will ad it.

Edit 2: Target has removed the item or changed the price. You can now use the Google Cached version for your printout and price match.

Edit 1:

Some Target, Walmart and Best Buy stores are reported to have these in stock and available for sale right now. There is a Sony Press Release stating that.

CAG's are also reporting that Target, Walmart and Best Buy stores have been price matching the webpage printout from the Target.com site.

Also, here is the google cached version in case Target.com changes the price.

End Edit:

Target.com has this bundle listed for $169.99 In Store Only not available online.

PSP Slim Daxter bundle

So I guess you could print this out if they raise the price in store and see if they or another retailer would match it. Strange that they would discount this new bundle by $30.

This bundle is being released on Sept 10th and should be in stores after that.
It includes:
• Gaming System includes 1Gb Memory Stick, AC Adapter, PlayStation Portable System, Power Cord, Battery Pack
• Games included are Game: Daxter™ Video:Family Guy™ The Freakin 'Sweet Collection
• Features Slim, Lightweight Design

new_psp_daxter.jpg

[quote name='ZForce']I've never hacked my PSP, am I really missing out on much (besides emulation that I usually just play on my PC anyway?)[/QUOTE]

trust me. its not all about emulation and piracy. tho most of it is.

but i use my hacked PSP to read comics and books on the go and its a complete pleasure. reading the kingdom come superman saga on it currently and its worth it for that alone. plus PSPYouTube and Internet shoutcast radio, IR programs to use the PSP as a remote control!! and thats just the beginning

the homebrew does what Sony could not. And that is, sell PSPs.

Emulation is a great thing. Especially when it comes to portability.

I still own a shitload of SNES carts but I love playing those same roms on my PC, on my original Xbox, my PSP, and my DS lite. Plus I can transfer my save file between devices. Yes most of the capabilities of having custom firmware on your PSP is in the grey area, but it truly is a great thing. After all, you bought a $200 (roughly) device to play games, so why not play games that you enjoy on it.

[quote name='twen']Emulation is a great thing. Especially when it comes to portability.

I still own a shitload of SNES carts but I love playing those same roms on my PC, on my original Xbox, my PSP, and my DS lite. Plus I can transfer my save file between devices. Yes most of the capabilities of having custom firmware on your PSP is in the grey area, but it truly is a great thing. After all, you bought a $200 (roughly) device to play games, so why not play games that you enjoy on it.[/QUOTE]

plus the fact that publishers arent selling Pre-playstation games in most stores anyways. emulation is the only thing thing keeping most of these old school classics availible

Not to mention that, with custom firmware, you can load up any PS1 game you own into a readible format for the PSP efficiently multiplying your library greatly (I own 3 PSP games, but I own 50+ PS1 games).

I have a weird request - does anybody have a .PDF version of this I could print out? I am not that printer savvy, and when I print a selection of the Yahoo! page, it prints about 14 pages... and when I print the google version the page comes out looking strange without the headers and it seems fake.

So if anyone has a good image or pdf copy of the page, I'd love a copy so I can get this PMed!

THANK YOU!

I just got mine last night (Amazon). I was blown away as soon as I had it in my hands. The thing is amazingly light, and feels great. The controller seems to be a big step up from the original, and the original was already the best controller on a portable IMO.

The screen seems even better too, though I haven't had a chance to play it much.

All in all I'm really happy I traded mine in. Also mine feels well built, and out of the box I kind of like the color. (I didn't like how it looked in the box, strangely).

This is a great bundle at a great price. Reminds me of the days back when the Genesis and SNES and Turbographix all cost around that amount and came with a good game.

I wonder where to get a good deal on a battery to set it up as a pandora battery... i've seen batteries for $35 which isnt a good deal.

[quote name='h0mi']I wonder where to get a good deal on a battery to set it up as a pandora battery... i've seen batteries for $35 which isnt a good deal.[/quote]
Have you looked on dealextreme.com? They have a 1800mAh battery for $6.85 delivered.

EDIT: Never mind, someone posted that it didn't work as a Pandora battery.

Has any had any trouble exchanging at Target? I want to try and exchange mine for hopefully a system without a dead pixel.

Wee! Finally got a PM at bestbuy. This time around she just typed it into the computer and sent me on my way. Last time they made me goto customer service so I could wait while they confirmed price and stock at target.

My first attempt today was at circuitcity but the guy actually took the time to look it up on Target.com and told me the price was different from my print out. I did get a $20.00 giftcard for 360's skate being out of stock though. Thanks, OP!

Oh yeah, this was all with the yahoo cache thing right at the top.

Has anyone got a Free $20 by purchasing Donkey Kong: Jungle Climber [NDS]for $29.99 at Circuit City? Repeat that but different time or day. Come back to C.C. to order a PSP Slim Daxter Bundle with a $169.99 Pricematch Printout plus sign-up Gamer Saver Club Membership for 10% off for free for 1-year plus Giftcard! Then come back again to return the 2 NDS Games to request a refund and buy a Heavenly Sword, NFL '08 or SKATE plus extra $20 GC. I hope C.C. will honored to pricematch to Target. (Fingercrossed) ;)

I got the PM at Best Buy today! Even better, I "returned" my Mario Strikers Charged that I got for $38 shipped from Family Video for $52 in credit towards the purchase of the PSP. Add to that $75 in credit that I already had, and the $80 in credit I got for my beat up old PSP from Gamestop, and I practically got the thing for free.

Now I need to get those video out cables.

What's the best site to use to get the homebrew from, anyway? And there's no risk of it bricking the PSP?

Did anyone notice a missing memory stick in their bundle? Once everything was unpacked I noticed that it seems to be missing from mine. From the psp unboxing video I saw it was supposed to be in the annoying plastic container I had to cut into but I don't recall noticing it and I can't find it anywhere on the floor (thought I dropped it). Am I going crazy?

Went back to the store and explained the situation. The guy working was surprisingly friendly and exchanged me a whole new box no problem. Everything was great until I got home and found two giant dead pixels in the middle of the screen! So I went back a third time and he let me just do a straight swap for my old console. Wee no dead pixels!

Truly above and beyond of what I would expect from a bestbuy worker.

I went to Best Buy, Walmart, & Target with the printout and had no luck at those. All of the employees/managers kept telling me that they don't match online ads. >.< I was about to give up but decided to try one last walmart in a different area and they price matched it no problem! I was pleasantly surprised. ^_^

[quote name='Gara']Went back to the store and explained the situation. The guy working was surprisingly friendly and exchanged me a whole new box no problem. Everything was great until I got home and found two giant dead pixels in the middle of the screen! So I went back a third time and he let me just do a straight swap for my old console. Wee no dead pixels!

Truly above and beyond of what I would expect from a bestbuy worker.[/QUOTE]

That really is...I'd be amazed of that kind of customer service anywhere really.

i thought about picking this up at my target with my printout all ready and there were tons of them, but the psp was so ugly to me. i'll keep my blue psp for now and wait for the star wars editition

Just a reminder to everyone that any discussion of fraudulent activities violates CAGs TOS and could get the site into major trouble. I've deleted and edited a few posts to clean things up.

As it stands, the links to the cached pages state at the very top that they are in fact, cached and the prices/pages may have changed, so I believe the links, the discussion and this thread can currently remain. But I'm gonna bring this to the main man and make sure that this thread doesn't cause CAG any trouble.

[quote name='xplode427']i thought about picking this up at my target with my printout all ready and there were tons of them, but the psp was so ugly to me. i'll keep my blue psp for now and wait for the star wars editition[/QUOTE]

IMO it looks better when it's out of the package. I thought it was sort of ugly/gaudy in the package, and was disappointed, but it looks nice out of it.

Also, when you feel it for the first time, you know instantly how silly and wrong it was when people thought "but it's the same thing!" when they first saw it. It really is a great redesign!

Biggest thing that still bothers me is I hate how it's got the gorgeous screen but it's easy to get your fingers on it. I still like the flip design of the GBA SP because it's much, much harder to accidentally get fingerprints on it. But that said, the PSP-SP ( ;) ) FEELS right.

[quote name='Wolfpup']IMO it looks better when it's out of the package.[/QUOTE]

Very true! Somehow the blister pack makes it ugly.

I Finally did it. i went to my local WalMart & picked myself up the Dexter bundle today, & to my surprise i had ZERO issues, everything went smooth like butter.

I am dying to pick up one of these tomorrow, provided I get sales on 2 of my extra psps (also selling to old mario kart ds to pay for my red ds lite I got this last weekend)

Definatly looking forward to hooking it up to the big screen when I find some cables for it

Went to Sears tonight with the cached printout provided on the front page. Worked like a charm! I was thinking of holding off for the black slim but the value of getting the Daxter pack was so overwhelming at $170.

If you are going to price match I highly recommend Sears because they are oblivious to video game knowledge, they even called down the manager to approve the PM and he was like damn Target has it for $169 thats a good deal and was asking me questions about the redesign of the psp 2000.

Total cost was $178.68 (169.99 - 3 (10% difference) + 11.69 (nj tax))

Thanks for keeping the print out cached!

Used the yahoo cache printout and went to bestbuy and had no problem gettin the 169 price.

Awesome indeed.

BTW no problems with my psp screen. :bang:

[quote name='MnichNCTMB']Went to Sears tonight with the cached printout provided on the front page. Worked like a charm! I was thinking of holding off for the black slim but the value of getting the Daxter pack was so overwhelming at $170.

If you are going to price match I highly recommend Sears because they are oblivious to video game knowledge, they even called down the manager to approve the PM and he was like damn Target has it for $169 thats a good deal and was asking me questions about the redesign of the psp 2000.

Total cost was $178.68 (169.99 - 3 (10% difference) + 11.69 (nj tax))

Thanks for keeping the print out cached![/QUOTE]

Hey, I am in NJ as well and was wondering what Sears you went to?

I paid $159.99+tax by using $40 off coupon from Circuit City but I don't feel like using Target's Pricematch because it saved $30 or 15% off from the regular value.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I paid $159.99+tax by using $40 off coupon from Circuit City but I don't feel like using Target's Pricematch because it saved $30 or 15% off from the regular value.[/quote]

Strange, I thought the $40 off coupon doesn't work with game consoles. Did it ring up correctly?

[quote name='Gara']Did anyone notice a missing memory stick in their bundle? Once everything was unpacked I noticed that it seems to be missing from mine. From the psp unboxing video I saw it was supposed to be in the annoying plastic container I had to cut into but I don't recall noticing it and I can't find it anywhere on the floor (thought I dropped it). Am I going crazy?[/QUOTE]It would not surprise me, because I know some people at my college who said, let's buy the new PSP, remove the memory stick and return it. I'm not kidding.

[quote name='Bivensra']Hey, I am in NJ as well and was wondering what Sears you went to?[/quote]

Great idea, going to idiots at Sears!

If you are near one in an Urban Development Zone, the tax is usually half of the state rate. Here in Jersey City, much of the mall space is taxed at 3.5%.

I did the PM at a BB in my area with no problems whatsoever. Also sold my old PSP to EB Games for the $80 trade in special (now expired).

New PSP looks great, no problems whatsoever. Very happy to have it.

[quote name='MadFlava']Strange, I thought the $40 off coupon doesn't work with game consoles. Did it ring up correctly?[/quote]
Yes it ring up correctly by typing the promo code! :D

now im gonna try to get it pricematched @ circuitcity and buy 2 $19.99 games and use the $40 off 200 + the gamerscard 10% off........hopefully everything goes well

[quote name='devildr1ver']now im gonna try to get it pricematched @ circuitcity and buy 2 $19.99 games and use the $40 off 200 + the gamerscard 10% off........hopefully everything goes well[/QUOTE]

good luck with that.

[quote name='Birakon']good luck with that.[/quote]
D'oh I should have done that but the pricematch wasn't exactly I'm looking for. I should have wait for the PSP 2000 Component AV Cable+Extra Battery Pack to come out, then use the $40 off coupon. I asked the cashier that these Gamer Saver Club are Free when purchasing a Hardware or Console but she won't. What I should do is go back again and request my money back for free with my Receipt and Circuit City AD. I stops buying games, y'know? lol!

I was able to get a price match at Wal-Mart using the Original Target site printout. First employee: "we don't match online". Second employee: "I'll call Target".

Target said over the phone that they'd match their own site. But since they were closing soon, the Wal-Mart employee said he would save me the trip and match it.

BTW: if you have the original PSP, don't need video output, and don't mind the (slightly longer) load times, don't bother with the new one. I find the original slightly more comfortable.

Was able to PM to BB with no problems but the psp had a dead pixel! Swapped for another and the 2nd has another dead pixel hope the third time is the charm damn it!

i'm suprised people are having luck with BB. At least the one nearest to me is always anal. The one in West LA is usually generous so I might go there. Amazon shafted me and gave me regular ground shipping instead of 2day like I ordred. wtfux!

I was denied the $40 off coupon at CC, but they did PM the Target printout. Oddly enough, it rang up $163.69. With the 110% PM, it should have been $166.99. Oh well.

I had an easy time price matching it at Best Buy. I had a $185 gift card I wanted to use so it worked like a charm. Only problem was that the customer service lady I had didn't know that they had this bundle, she thought it was a target only deal and BB doesn't match store bundles. Also, the manager had to do some sort of override.

Anyway, this is a great price on this bundle, you get Daxter, the memory stick, and Family Guy UMD for free. The price on this bundle probably won't drop for sometime now. Anyway, I can finally start playing all those PSP games I've been buying on clearance since 2006.

wow, I had an easy time matching at best buy also.... WLA location just kicks ass.. The guy didn't even ask ANY questions.

Got the PM at Walmart yesterday, i tried for the hell of it and really wasnt going to even buy it, but hey, i was happy

got shutdown @ circuitcity, damn bastards made me wait like 20 minutes then checked online, so i was pretty much out of luck there

then i tried one of my local walmarts.........first the customer service lady said they would call target to verify it but then told me to go to the electronics department to talk to them so i did. i talked to the guy and everything, friendly old dude, and was about to pay for the bundle when the cashier didn't know how to override the price so he asked another guy and thats the guy that killed my pricematch.........he said they didn't take printouts only "actual ads" i was like bastard...so close oh well i'll try again today but on a different one

Not looking to troll here, but I'm not getting into Daxter or Twisted Metal or the unit itself. As such, I'm considering returning the PSP bundle.

I understand its a powerful machine, but I'm having trouble with the analog nub on everything. It may be just getting acustomed, like I had to do with the DS when using the stylus.

Is there another game* or something I should try out before bowing out on the PSP?

*Fan of puzzle games, adventure (think Zelda), Action (RE4), ect.

Got the Daxter pack at circuit city for $184.
The 40 dollars off 200 didn't work when she punched it in.
Picked up Syphon Filter dark mirror for 16 at Best Buy. Circuit city had it marked at 40. Horrible game selection at Circuit City, and bestbuy was out of the Daxter Pack.
So excited to get the 3 metal gear games and vice city stories.
Family guy freeking sweet collection has wish upon a weinstein, to live and die in dixie, road to road island, lethal weapons, and the episode where peter tries to breastfeed stewie

Thought about buying a wii but the pack in game is horrible and I don't want to be stuck fighting with Snake against a pokemon or Samus out of her suit.

bread's done
Back