Ico/Shadow PS3 pre-order now available

I'd pay $40 just to replay SotC at the same resolution and fps as the God of War Collection. Hope SONY gives an official announcement soon.

[quote name='AwRy108']I'd pay $40 just to replay SotC at the same resolution and fps as the God of War Collection. Hope SONY gives an official announcement soon.[/QUOTE]

Soon = TGS 10: Sept. 16th - 19th.

I'm betting The Last Guardian will be dated (I'm guessing Fall 2011) and Team Ico collection revealed, possibly with Move support for SotC for Summer 2011

[quote name='kearns710']There was an article interviewing one of the creators he said he had no intentions/desires to bring these 2 games to the ps3, but was goin to the table to discuss it anyways. I believe the pack is legit. Sorry I'm not lookin for the article cuz I'm in the middle of taking a shit[/QUOTE]

fumito ueda has always endorsed his original projects being remastered. obviously he wouldn't have the time to do it himself though, and there's actually no reason for him to be involved with an hd update anyway.

this link however, is clearly an accidental leak, although the collection itself was all but confirmed, just waiting for the pre-TLG launch window to maximize marketability.

sony has all but confirmed this. they've stated previously that they're looking to do more collections, and hear the overwhelming outcry for this specific one. i'm sure it will be getting an official announcement at TGS, even though sony doesn't have team ico listed as bringing anything. so one would have to assume that they're keeping it for a surprise, or this is one of the biggest cases of blue balls in the industry next to duke nukem forever.

[quote name='Jodou']APRIL FOOLS?! fuck you Walmart![/QUOTE]

Uh oh. Now this has got me worried.

[quote name='ludwigfrech']If this is true (games releasing on tuesdays), then is no aprils fools... see your calendars!!! is january 4th its a tuesday:D

PD: i think is the same release date as Mass Effect 2 great month:hot:[/QUOTE]

Unless it's a mistake, Wal-Mart does pre-order shipping dates in M/D/Y format.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Golden-Sun-Dark-Dawn-DS-Nintendo-DS/14904909

See? 11/29/2010. I doubt it's an April Fool's joke, but we'll have to see.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']It's like buying a cake made of other cakes. Pure awesomeness.[/QUOTE]

I like the way you think, Good Sir!

not sure if others noted this or not, but I got sent a Sony survey sometime ago (right after the GoW Collection released) to see what I thought another good rerelease would be and I noted that Ico/Shadow should be next...

excellent....

DDD-

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']It's like buying a cake made of other cakes. Pure awesomeness.[/QUOTE]

As long as it's not a lie made of other lies :bomb:

Not surprised since it was pretty much confirmed at E3. I hope Ratchet and Clank as well as The Jak series get HD collections eventually as well.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']how is this a surprise? dont you guys read the gaming news sites? and when is "you can preorder a game at full price" a deal?[/QUOTE]

Are you new? or are you like that Memento dude and just forget how things are?

I also don't see too many people surprised. And despite what gaming sites say, this is actually the closest thing to a confirmation that has been presented.

[quote name='RawrrSlayer']I hope it's true, I always wanted to play these games...[/QUOTE]

Yea. I've been dying to play both of these as well. Missed them on the PS2.

never finished SotC. Had just bought a house and didn't have the guide or the net, so it was taking a while to figure out some bosses so I sold it. It was really cool tho, wish I had finished it

[quote name='HeSaveDave']how is this a surprise? dont you guys read the gaming news sites? and when is "you can preorder a game at full price" a deal?[/QUOTE]

It isn't. We do. When it's Ico and SotC.

I'm cautiously optimistic. But if this doesn't have the European 2 player mode and option to translate Yorda's speech, I will be very upset.
And the lightsaber. Oh man, I want that thing.

I understand Walmart's pre-orders typically hold a MM/DD/YY format, but maybe they messed this one up due to the international format not being translated. Obviously this leak is probably not supposed to happen, maybe because it was an accident, nobody converted it to a US date (system just took what Japanese date was there?) because that would entail an intentional availability. April 1 being a Friday and January 4 being a Tuesday would indicate a high likelihood of this.

Either way, I doubt this is NOT happening, it's been building steam towards confirmed for a while. In for one. Eventually.

[quote name='BWS1982']I understand Walmart's pre-orders typically hold a MM/DD/YY format, but maybe they messed this one up due to the international format not being translated. Obviously this leak is probably not supposed to happen, maybe because it was an accident, nobody converted it to a US date (system just took what Japanese date was there?) because that would entail an intentional availability. April 1 being a Friday and January 4 being a Tuesday would indicate a high likelihood of this.

Either way, I doubt this is NOT happening, it's been building steam towards confirmed for a while. In for one. Eventually.[/QUOTE]

...yeah, that would be totally rad.

I hope they don't give this the same, bland cover treatment as God of War Collection. But if they do, I really, really hope they use the non-USA cover for ICO.

I know your immediate reaction is to believe that the largest chain of department stores in the world is posting fake products as a joke and that's why the date is wrong, but games have also been coming out on Fridays since about half past forever. Also, the ship date is not the same date as the release date. One of those two things will explain the date, and I hope you all can rest a bit easier tonight.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']and when is "you can preorder a game at full price" a deal?[/QUOTE]

It's not, and neither is someone uselessly bitching about it every single time it happens.

[quote name='robpe36']Not only is this thread just MSRP, but it's also just rumor and speculation. This thread is a joke.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so it's a great thing you were here to contribute and help by not being a total asshole.

And before anyone says anything, I contributed by attempting to explain the dates.

[quote name='Survivalism']Yeah, so it's a great thing you were here to contribute and help by not being a total asshole.

And before anyone says anything, I contributed by attempting to explain the dates.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah well, you know. I try. Someone's gotta remind people that this is actually a deals forum instead of a rumors and speculation forum. Believe it or not, there are people out there, like me, who come to this forum for threads about good deals and not threads about rumors and speculation.

I'll gladly pay full price for this be-atch. SotC was a great game but the graphics and framerate always left me begging for something better. I'll get this on the day of release. Pure awesomeness.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Hrm... I finally buy Ico and now they decide to re-release it. Just my luck...

Ah well, $40 is still one hell of a deal for both games.[/QUOTE]

Hey Killer just do what I'm going to do I already have all sly cooper games for my ps2 but be getting Sly Cooper collection in hd for ps3

I have both Ico (black label with manual and clean disc, used sticker on spine) and SotC (GH) that are part of my backlog. Was going to play them, but rather wait for this PS3 set. if anyone wants those I'll sell them for $35 shipped. PM me! I'll probably just ebay them or end up just keeping them otherwise *shrug*

[quote name='robpe36']Yeah well, you know. I try. Someone's gotta remind people that this is actually a deals forum instead of a rumors and speculation forum. Believe it or not, there are people out there, like me, who come to this forum for threads about good deals and not threads about rumors and speculation.[/QUOTE]

This is a little more confirmed (see leaked imagery) than hopeful wishing like Uncharted 3 or GTA 5, but okay.

[quote name='BWS1982']This is a little more confirmed (see leaked imagery) than hopeful wishing like Uncharted 3 or GTA 5, but okay.[/QUOTE]

Are you f'ing kidding me? Uncharted 3 and GTA 5 are hopeful wishing? You're trying to tell me two of the highest rated games of all time aren't guaranteed to get sequels. LMAO. I'd put more money on GTA 5 or Uncharted 3 than this compilation actually.

Plus it's not like you're seeing deal threads like "Uncharted 3 $59.99 @ GameStop!!". Well actually, give it a year or two and you probably will because people seem to think that MSRP announcements = deal.

[quote name='robpe36']Are you f'ing kidding me? Uncharted 3 and GTA 5 are hopeful wishing? You're trying to tell me two of the highest rated games of all time aren't guaranteed to get sequels. LMAO. I'd put more money on GTA 5 or Uncharted 3 than this compilation actually.

Plus it's not like you're seeing deal threads like "Uncharted 3 $59.99 @ GameStop!!". Well actually, give it a year or two and you probably will because people seem to think that MSRP announcements = deal.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

No I'm not telling you that, calm the hell down and reread things after you're done "laughing your ass off". You're talking about another perspective altogether, this isn't about what games may or may not come out at all, it's about proximity to release/finality. What I'm getting at is you can't pre-order UC3 or GTA 5 and there is not leaked footage of them in HD from recent days, the fact that there is a pre-order and shots of it in action makes a hell of a difference. Take a deep breath and mull it over again. Jesus.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BWS1982']:roll:

No I'm not telling you that, calm the hell down and reread things after you're done "laughing your ass off". You're talking about another perspective altogether, this isn't about what games may or may not come out at all, it's about proximity to release/finality. What I'm getting at is you can't pre-order UC3 or GTA 5 and there is not leaked footage of them in HD from recent days, the fact that there is a pre-order and shots of it in action makes a hell of a difference. Take a deep breath and mull it over again. Jesus.[/QUOTE]

Where have you seen shots of it in action or leaked footage? Regardless, my point is that this whole thread is unofficial rumor and speculation and a waste of everyone's time. Even when it does get announced (and don't get me wrong, I actually do think this compilation IS coming), $39.99 is just its MSRP and not a deal. And I don't know why so many people in this forum struggle with the concept that MSRP is not a deal. This thread's even worse because it isn't even official yet.

Look guys, I gotta go on a rant here about MSRP threads. MSRP is a standard price. It's the price a product is supposed to cost wherever you go, and whenever you go there. Tell me WHY we need a thread in the "VIDEO GAME DEALS" forum telling us the standard price of a product that you can buy anywhere at any time.

Rain on everyone's parade while we all rejoice about these great games coming out on the PS3.

Or you could just leave the thread. Your choice.

[quote name='robpe36']Tell me WHY we need a thread in the "VIDEO GAME DEALS" forum telling us the standard price of a product that you can buy anywhere at any time.[/QUOTE]
This thread is for people who are interested in pre-ordering the game(s). Whether it's a deal is subjective, and I think for the most part, nothing is set in stone.

i've never played these games so i'll deffinitly pick them up when i can (they look amazing, and aperently are amazing)

but now that i think about it, i don't want to buy them... the ps3 can't play ps2 games, except for the one model that can, now they are re-selling us games from the ps2, with better graphics? i don't like that...

and the post saying it comes out 4/11/11... that's a friday, don't games come out on tuesday?

[quote name='robpe36']Where have you seen shots of it in action or leaked footage? Regardless, my point is that this whole thread is unofficial rumor and speculation and a waste of everyone's time. Even when it does get announced (and don't get me wrong, I actually do think this compilation IS coming), $39.99 is just its MSRP and not a deal. And I don't know why so many people in this forum struggle with the concept that MSRP is not a deal. This thread's even worse because it isn't even official yet.[/QUOTE]

You should post less. You're dragging down a nice little thread. You can preorder this game already - apparently Walmart doesn't consider its existence a rumor. When the game is officially announced in a week, are you going to apologize?

[quote name='robpe36']Where have you seen shots of it in action or leaked footage? Regardless, my point is that this whole thread is unofficial rumor and speculation and a waste of everyone's time. Even when it does get announced (and don't get me wrong, I actually do think this compilation IS coming), $39.99 is just its MSRP and not a deal. And I don't know why so many people in this forum struggle with the concept that MSRP is not a deal. This thread's even worse because it isn't even official yet.

Look guys, I gotta go on a rant here about MSRP threads. MSRP is a standard price. It's the price a product is supposed to cost wherever you go, and whenever you go there. Tell me WHY we need a thread in the "VIDEO GAME DEALS" forum telling us the standard price of a product that you can buy anywhere at any time.[/QUOTE]

Site shows a $39.82 price. So, technically, it *is* a deal considering MSRP will probably be $39.99. But I'm just being petty. :cool:

bread's done
Back