Ico/Shadow PS3 pre-order now available

[quote name='robpe36']

Look guys, I gotta go on a rant here about MSRP threads. MSRP is a standard price. It's the price a product is supposed to cost wherever you go, and whenever you go there. Tell me WHY we need a thread in the "VIDEO GAME DEALS" forum telling us the standard price of a product that you can buy anywhere at any time.[/QUOTE]

No one likes you.

[quote name='ludwigfrech']If this is true (games releasing on tuesdays), then is no aprils fools... see your calendars!!! is january 4th its a tuesday:D

PD: i think is the same release date as Mass Effect 2 great month:hot:[/QUOTE]

Dunno where you're from, but here in the land of Wal-Marts, we read dates in MM/DD/YYYY format. Logically flawed though that may be.

Not surprised since it was pretty much confirmed at E3. I hope Ratchet and Clank as well as The Jak series get HD collections eventually as well.

[quote name='sadboy']^ Time runs differently on the island...[/QUOTE]Well well... looks like we've got ourselves a Lost reference.

Day one purchase for me. This will probably be the collection that finally makes me throw my ps2 systems and handful of remaining games into a garage sale. A couple more collections re-released like this, Gran Turismo 5 finally hitting shelves, and my PS3 being not backwards compatible will no longer matter.

Can you imagine if there was a collector's edition with an art book for both games, and a statue of one of the Colossi? Droool

I really shouldn't get my hopes up like this

[quote name='ssjmichael']Can you imagine if there was a collector's edition with an art book for both games, and a statue of one of the Colossi? Droool

I really shouldn't get my hopes up like this[/QUOTE]

I would probably only go for the extra cost if the statue was life sized.

I never finished either of these on the PS2, so I would likely buy this when released. Now if I can only get a re-release of FFX and FFXII, I can finally get rid of my PS2.

I'm pretty sure the 4/1/2011 date is just a place holder to denote the start of a new financial quarter. The previous financial quarter would end on 3/31/2011, so the 4/1/2011 date is just shorthand to say that it's coming in the next quarter before they have a solid release date.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Can you imagine if there was a collector's edition with an art book for both games, and a statue of one of the Colossi? Droool

I really shouldn't get my hopes up like this[/QUOTE]

Dammit... now I'm hoping there's a CE or something.

I really wish we got more reasonable special editions in America like they do in Europe. Not taking about the GoW3 CE (which was garage for how much it cost) but something more along the lines of a steelbook and a sountrack and/or artbook. Or stuff like the LBP2 CE.

[quote name='oasisboy']Rumor = MSRP = Deal?

Thank you!!![/QUOTE]

Gotta agree with this, it's exciting news but not exactly a deal, maybe it should be moved.

Can you imagine if there was a collector's edition with an art book for both games, and a statue of one of the Colossi? Droool

That would be so awesome.

This is being picked up by news sites now that claim it's going up for pre-order everywhere in a couple days. Just waiting on Amazon to list it and unfortunately it doesn't sound like there will be any CE version. Oh well, I'll take what I can get TBH!

I haven't had a good April Fools' prank in a long time. What would be funny is there is a collection released that day, but you put in your PS3 and find out it's just the PS2 versions re-released. April Fools'!:whee:

2yyrply.png

whgmyf.jpg

icoavxh.jpg

ki23.jpg

OMG yes!

Those are the older pics that started whipping the collection rumor into a fury a little while back. We were pretty sure it was coming until the retailer leak that confirmed it.

Yea I know but those pics are not simple emulated/stretched images from the game so back then, it even sorta was a given/confirmation. No need for other confirmation after that.

Also these are not that old, these came out beginning of septemeber.

[quote name='darknight88']Also these are not that old, these came out beginning of septemeber.[/QUOTE]
Two weeks ago is old in internet years.

[quote name='Jodou']That's the placeholder date, which we already knew. All the article does is confirm a release is coming. . .[/QUOTE]
Yeah, so far it's set as 1Q, 2011. No true release date is announced.

For people kvetching about an MSRP price in the Deals Forum, relax. Bundles, pre order bonus, special editions are absolutely fine to post in here, at MSRP or not. The deal is the extra content or bonus or limited item, et cetera. The deal does not have to mean it's a good deal, it doesn't mean you'll like it.

Now in this case, Ico alone often goes for around $40 used. So a new print with SotC for $40 is a $$ deal for a lot of gamers.

Personally, I found SotC repetitive and dull. Stylish I guess, but reptitive and dull. But Ico was a hallmark ps2/adventure/platform game then and probably still today.

I'm guessing this will come Summer 2011 and will ship with an exclusive demo for Last Guardian which will arrive in the Fall. We'll know in a few days :)

[quote name='guinaevere'] For people kvetching about an MSRP price in the Deals Forum, relax. Bundles, pre order bonus, special editions are absolutely fine to post in here, at MSRP or not. The deal is the extra content or bonus or limited item, et cetera. The deal does not have to mean it's a good deal, it doesn't mean you'll like it.

Now in this case, Ico alone often goes for around $40 used. So a new print with SotC for $40 is a $$ deal for a lot of gamers.[/QUOTE]

I will "kvetch" thank you very much, it is my right (I saved it from the oblivion gate afterall)

I understand what you are saying, it serves as a good heads-up for people who did not know about it, but I think it'd be better if AT LEAST we waited until other stores start putting it up for preorders... no one cares about THIS particular deal. Look through the thread, how many people are talking about the sale and saying "hey thanks for posting this I preordered" and how many are just talking generally about the game?

[quote name='guinaevere']For people kvetching about an MSRP price in the Deals Forum, relax. Bundles, pre order bonus, special editions are absolutely fine to post in here, at MSRP or not. The deal is the extra content or bonus or limited item, et cetera. The deal does not have to mean it's a good deal, it doesn't mean you'll like it.[/QUOTE]
Well if the stance is that deals are purely subjective, then why not create a thread for every game released on Amazon? Surely it's a deal to someone.

[quote name='eastshore4']I will "kvetch" thank you very much, it is my right (I saved it from the oblivion gate afterall)

I understand what you are saying, it serves as a good heads-up for people who did not know about it, but I think it'd be better if AT LEAST we waited until other stores start putting it up for preorders... no one cares about THIS particular deal. Look through the thread, how many people are talking about the sale and saying "hey thanks for posting this I preordered" and how many are just talking generally about the game?[/QUOTE]

Well said. Now if someone can post a deal for build a bear dragons for under $30 (shipped) I definitely will not kvetch about that!

I have all the collection games, ico, sotc, god of war in their original black label sealed packages because their values stayed so high sealed. Now I guess this will let me keep them all eternally sealed. Good strategy by sony to get backlogged people to double dip. :)

[quote name='ssjmichael']That boxart looks very unprofessional. I like that it at least uses the vastly superior Ico boxart but what's up with the wavy edges?[/QUOTE]

It has that cut from stone look to it

That's probably what they were going for but it just looks like an amateur job to me. I think I could probably do better and I have no photo editing skills. Ultimately it isn't a big deal to me, I'm just glad it's actually coming out :)

Is it really real? Looks like a mock-up or a fan job... I just couldn't see someone approving the use of both titles twice on the front like that.

I'm so happy. Both games are listed on the latest famitsu magazine. Can't wait for tgs and hopefully see them running on ps3 on teaser trailer. Day 0 for me!!!

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']Made my day with the confirmation of this news and also Valkyria Chronicles 3 confirmed ...[/QUOTE] Yay! :D

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']... for psp!!![/QUOTE] Aww. :(

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']Made my day with the confirmation of this news and also Valkyria Chronicles 3 confirmed for psp!!![/QUOTE]
Wow, fuck Sega. Way to waste a good franchise.

[quote name='Jodou']Wow, fuck Sega. Way to waste a good franchise.[/QUOTE]
I disagree. If developing for the PSP (with its lower dev costs) means that the series can continue, then they are actually saving the franchise from extinction.

bread's done
Back