If (and only if) you received an online $10 promo code for Xbox Live from Amazon..

Got denied on 1st attempt, said they are working with suppliers to get the codes in stock and would let me know in 1-2 business days. Trying with a different CSR

Tried on live chat to get it applied to the 12 month physical card but no go. No big deal since it is good until 12/30/2011 anyway and I wasn't going to pay full price for a live sub anyway

[quote name='Ardrid'] How's it dishonest? We're not asking for a free $10; we're simply asking to be able to use that $10 on something of our choosing. Either way you slice it, Amazon ends up with a purchase from us. I'd much rather use that $10 credit on my next game purchase or Christmas present than on a subscription to Xbox Live that I won't use (I don't own a 360).[/QUOTE]

because the promotion was meant for you to use it on an xbox live subscription not get a 10 credit. I purchased a 9.99 game and got this why would I be entitled a 10 making it essentially free. I don't see why some of you guys are emailing and doing the chat 4 times seriously?

[quote name='Chemosh013']I would guess that's $25 in general amazon credit and $0.01 in VOD credit...[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if that's the case but there's an easy way for him to find out. Throw any old item into the cart and go through the checkout process. If it's general credit, it'll get applied to the final balance. He could also buy an mp3 that he's interested in and see if it decreases all the other balances by $.99.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']because the promotion was meant for you to use it on an xbox live subscription not get a 10 credit. I purchased a 9.99 game and got this why would I be entitled a 10 making it essentially free. I don't see why some of you guys are emailing and doing the chat 4 times seriously?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's what the promotion said but you still haven't answered my ultimate question: what's the difference between $10 used on a subscription and $10 used on another item? It's still $10 that Amazon credited to my account.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']because the promotion was meant for you to use it on an xbox live subscription not get a 10 credit. I purchased a 9.99 game and got this why would I be entitled a 10 making it essentially free. I don't see why some of you guys are emailing and doing the chat 4 times seriously?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's what the promotion said but you still haven't answered my ultimate question: what's the difference between $10 used on a subscription or $10 used on another item? It's still $10 that Amazon credited to my account.

@Ardrid, profit margins I believe. They probably get more profit from selling the xbox live subscription than other commodities. And, it's a 'promotion' in that they're trying to get people to get used to buying the xbox live stuff from them.

[quote name='LackeyZero']@Ardrid, profit margins I believe. They probably get more profit from selling the xbox live subscription than other commodities. And, it's a 'promotion' in that they're trying to get people to get used to buying the xbox live stuff from them.[/QUOTE]

Well, yes, from that perspective they obviously want to link the credit to a product with a high ASP/margin because it means more money in their pocket. That said, that only speaks to Amazon's rationale in selectively allowing how certain credit is used; it's silent as to whether there's any appreciable impact on Amazon if I choose to use that credit for XBL or Killzone 3. Either way they've committed $10; the only difference now is how much I ultimately put into their pocket with the item I purchase.

I just feel that we are not entitled to this "10 Off Promotion" because the item that we can use it one is unavailable for a short time. I mean it doesn't expire until what of next year? I'm sure they are going to restock the card soon. It just some people are taking advantage of this even though they weren't even going to use this on an xbox live code. I got several emails of this promotion from buying a bunch of games last week, should I be entitled to 80$ in free credit? I feel like we cry and moan about every small thing that doesn't go our way. Just my 2 cents.

i called and got told i would be getting some kind of email telling me i get a credit instead as they are aware of this problem. Who knows!

TOOK ME ABOUT 40 MINS (live chat & 2 phone calls)!!! I was going to give up on the first phone call but the lady put me on hold for 15 mins and hung up (or headset disconnected) on me.

I kinda snapped and ripped in to the next CS rep in the first 2 minutes of the 2nd phone call but calmed down after 20 mins of waiting and supervisor approval, and I finally got my credit.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']I just feel that we are not entitled to this "10 Off Promotion" because the item that we can use it one is unavailable for a short time. I mean it doesn't expire until what of next year? I'm sure they are going to restock the card soon. It just some people are taking advantage of this even though they weren't even going to use this on an xbox live code. I got several emails of this promotion from buying a bunch of games last week, should I be entitled to 80$ in free credit? I feel like we cry and moan about every small thing that doesn't go our way. Just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

stop replying then, looks like you're the one who is crying and moaning really. By the way, read the terms and conditions as it states only 1 per customer and what not. Just let it go and let people do as they please, stop trying to police something you have no control over and it's not like any of us own stake in the amazon company or anything like that. Whether a person was going to buy a 12 month subscription or something else, either way amazon is still making a sale and those $10 or going to be applied elsewhere. Also, do remember that the xbl arcade game odes were pulled and this could happen here as well. They could just permanently stop selling 12 month subscriptions as online game codes and stick to selling them by mail only.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']Got denied on 1st attempt, said they are working with suppliers to get the codes in stock and would let me know in 1-2 business days. Trying with a different CSR[/QUOTE]

Damn shot down again. Said the marketing department would contact me in 1-2 days. Trying again. Third times the charm?

Wow, way to be a douche and leave negative feedback for a CS agent who did their job properly. This is supposed to be cheapassgamer, not jackassgamer.

Ah, I understand now. I was eligible for so many of these $10 X360 subscription codes. I wish I got them all, but they're not stackable. :(

[quote name='Flesseck']Ah, I understand now. I was eligible for so many of these $10 X360 subscription codes. I wish I got them all, but they're not stackable. :([/QUOTE]
The promotion was a big scam. It doesn't say you can only get 1 credit total until they tell you got the credit. I bought several games based on what was available in the product page but those terms don't match the ones they send in the email.

[quote name='Achilles00']You know, this is garbage. I'm not surprised that people are taking advantage in this way, but it doesn't make it any less dishonest. Amazon provides kick ass service and prices, and this is how people respond--by trying to take advantage.

I'm glad the "deal" is dead.[/QUOTE]

How is this dishonest?
They don't have an item in-stock that a promotional credit is specifically for & they freely are exchanging that credit for anyone who wants.

[quote name='WTFer']How is this dishonest?
They don't have an item in-stock that a promotional credit is specifically for & they freely are exchanging that credit for anyone who wants.[/QUOTE]

There will always be whiny twits on here. It comes with the forum.

Well sucks both tries didn't work for me. Just said it's been brought to the attention of Marketing and they don't know when they'll be in stock. I'm not trying again. It sucks cuz I'd actually USE the credit that way and spend my money there. I can get 12 Month cards cheaper elsewhere. I think normally it wouldn't matter and Amazon would switch the credit, but they stopped because they're being bombarded by people trying to do this

"Noushin: Hello, my name is Zamira. I'll be happy to help you today."

^I just got finished talked to them, but after reading that I couldn't bring myself to try this.

I tried, but the moron I was talking to couldn't understand what I was talking about.

Me: Hi, I received a promo credit from a game order I recently made. Well the promo code is useless because what the code is for is no longer available. Is there a way you can convert the promo credit into general store credit since the item is no longer available?

Agent: Yes, there is a promo attached to your account.

Me: ....I know that, but it is a specific promo that is only good for an item you guys no longer carry.

Agent: But the promo is on your account and will show up on your next purchase.

*closes chat window*

[quote name='jedifrog21']Well sucks both tries didn't work for me. Just said it's been brought to the attention of Marketing and they don't know when they'll be in stock. I'm not trying again. It sucks cuz I'd actually USE the credit that way and spend my money there. I can get 12 Month cards cheaper elsewhere. I think normally it wouldn't matter and Amazon would switch the credit, but they stopped because they're being bombarded by people trying to do this[/QUOTE]

I didn't get a chance to try for this in time, but it doesn't REALLY suck that we couldn't get the credit. In all reality, this offer was originally no different then the offers to get cheaper batteries at an electronics store with a qualifying purchase. If the credit was originally towards ANY purchase, it would have been an awesome deal, but I doubt anyone bought items because of the $10 off Live online code... except to the guy earlier who thought you could stack them. Though, I suppose you could return everything if you were really that upset by it.

We'll all move on. It's really not that shitty of a situation. I think Amazon deserves Kudos for making good on this for a lot of people even though nobody was truly inconvenienced. Go Amazon!

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I tried, but the moron I was talking to couldn't understand what I was talking about.

Me: Hi, I received a promo credit from a game order I recently made. Well the promo code is useless because what the code is for is no longer available. Is there a way you can convert the promo credit into general store credit since the item is no longer available?

Agent: Yes, there is a promo attached to your account.

Me: ....I know that, but it is a specific promo that is only good for an item you guys no longer carry.

Agent: But the promo is on your account and will show up on your next purchase.

*closes chat window*[/QUOTE]lol'ng!!

shot down via chat

"I'm sorry, our marketing team has started taking steps to get this item back to available. I'm unable to offer an alternative promotional credit at this time. This item will be in stock on our website soon, so you can take advantage of this promotion credit."

So I sent them a polite email yesterday just pointing out that the item was out of stock and asking if they'd consider changing the credit to a general credit. Today I got this nice email back, which might be of interest to some of you. Excerpt:

I understand that you're concerned about the $10.00 promotional credit which will be expired because you're unable to purchase this Xbox 360 Live Subscription Gold Card as it's currently unavailable with us.

I see that we don't have any more stock of this Xbox 360 Live Subscription Gold Card right now, and we're not sure when we'll be able to get more.

Unfortunately, our supply of some items is limited and these products sell out quickly.

I'm very sorry that you were not able to place your order before our supply ran out and we are unable to contact another web site to obtain this item, because we are rely on our suppliers.

I understand your concern to receive $10.00 promotional credit to pay for all the orders.

So, I've issued you a $10.00 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

Eventually I ordered another game, and although I didn't have any credit on the account (unlike what the support said at first), I contacted the support again and they promised to refund me 10$ asap. I'm very happy. :)

[quote name='bringerofdeath']I just feel that we are not entitled to this "10 Off Promotion" because the item that we can use it one is unavailable for a short time. I mean it doesn't expire until what of next year? I'm sure they are going to restock the card soon. It just some people are taking advantage of this even though they weren't even going to use this on an xbox live code. I got several emails of this promotion from buying a bunch of games last week, should I be entitled to 80$ in free credit? I feel like we cry and moan about every small thing that doesn't go our way. Just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

I'm in total agreement with you on this. I got the $10 promo with my Halo: Reach LEGENDARY a couple of weeks ago.

I used legitimate promotional credit that took it down to $68.xx shipped. I'm satisfied with my purchase regardless if I had gotten a promotional credit or not.

I had no plans on using this $10 OFF of the CODE -- which is what it is expressly for. NOT THE CARD ... C O D E, code. :)

Well to all of you holy rollers out there, I may or may not have used the $10 promotional credit for the code but I ended up getting a $10 credit for any purchase after one chat session and two e-mails which took all together, about 10 minutes of my time. The argument here that people seem to have is that people are exploiting something which isn't true anymore than what this site directs people to do and helps people, save money. Pointing out that Amazon was issuing $10 credits to some people is no different than free shipping codes or anything else that gets posted on this site and people use which was probably originally intended for one person. If someone (Amazon) a multi-million if not billion dollar company wants to give me a $10 credit after I have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars at their store, fine by me.

I sent them an email yesterday and never got a response. Is that normal?

You can keep your 2 cents Amazon gave me 10 dollars.

Hello all dont know if this has been posted here yet but i figured its better posting it twice then not at all. All of this is from sickdeals

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2452404

For those who rec'd Amazon $10 off xbox live online subscription code Contact Amazon to have the $10 code applied as a credit to your account. Amazon currently does not sell the Xbox live online subscription code and does not know when it will be back in stock making their promotion code useless. I was able to have them apply the $10 code as a credit for any future Amazon purchase. I just used it to purchased the Xbox live subscription card
I just emailed them 4 times and the third one worked for me :)

From amazon email to me
Hello,

I've issued you a $10 promotional certificate towards your $10 video game credit, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a claim code. Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order. For more information about using your promotional certificate, including the terms and conditions for using the certificate, visit our Help pages:

Again sorry if this is a double post. Just wanted people to get in on this :)

[quote name='intoxicated662']this has been posted previously a few times and I think is frowned upon.[/QUOTE]
Why would it be frowned upon? If it was some sort of a scam they wouldnt give me 10.00 in credit.....

No matter what people think about it this is what i email them to get the 10.00 credit

Because of a purchase I made recently, I received 10$ in credit towards a future Xbox Live online code purchase. I know for a fact that many people have emailed you guys and have been able to successfully transfer that 10$ credit towards a future Xbox Live online code purchase and have it be towards ANY purchase on Amazon. Please do the same to mine. If you are unable or unwilling, please forward my message to the marketing department. Thank you.

[quote name='waltercartman']Why would it be frowned upon? If it was some sort of a scam they wouldnt give me 10.00 in credit.....

No matter what people think about it this is what i email them to get the 10.00 credit[/QUOTE]
I did it the other night and got the $10 credit, but like above said, there will be a few people that'll be all butthurt that we're doing this and "taking advantage" of Amazon. :roll:

I contacted them about it after, I couldn't order the code. They just changed it and gave me a $10 future gaming credit.

Would you do this to your grandma? Force her to take her fruitcake back and take $10 from her purse instead? Amazon is your grandma.

bread's done
Back