If the OTT dies, it dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Hey Number83, how's Hellgate?[/quote]

Personally, I like it but at the same time I'm disappointed because of all the hype. It's certainly not Diablo. I'm only on the first few quests which are your standard get this, take that to so-and-so, kill 10 of those, here's your nice +2 vest. The graphics are good (I only have dual DX9 cards), but the inventory interface is confusing and the instructions are lacking in any real explanation.

The characters are varied enough (I chose an Engineer). There are your melee characters, magic users and a little of both. Only problem is, that I want to change skills in my skill tree, and there is no way to do that. Once you start, there is no turning back.

I haven't tried online yet though, so I don't know about the community.

All in all, it's decent but not real fulfilling. I probably need to get further into it for that effect. I bought it on launch day with reward zone coupons, but honestly, I would wait for a price drop ($29.99 or less).

[quote name='senorwoohoo']No, sir, and I probably won't get a chance to listen for a few weeks. I might just ask for some of those for Christmas from my g/f.

And I'd open it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I forgot to mention another one you might be interested in, and it embarrasses me that I left it off, considering I was listening to it yesterday morning. The reissue from a year or so ago of the 101ers Elgin Avenue Breakdown is well worth your time.

It's Joe Strummer's "pub rock" band from right before The Clash, which he famously left immediately after he saw the Sex Pistols play. The album collects pretty much their entire recorded output and some live stuff. It's 50's style rockabilly/rock and roll kind of stuff, if that turns you off, but with a more garage sensibility.

Seriously, how can you not like an album with a song titled "Rabies (From the Dogs of Love)"? Plus, it has "Keys to Your Heart" on it, which is just one of the best tunes ever recorded. As I said, shouldn't be in your first batch, but keep it in mind if you like what you hear.

[quote name='strummerbs']I forgot to mention another one you might be interested in, and it embarrasses me that I left it off, considering I was listening to it yesterday morning. The reissue from a year or so ago of the 101ers Elgin Avenue Breakdown is well worth your time.

It's Joe Strummer's "pub rock" band from right before The Clash, which he famously left immediately after he saw the Sex Pistols play. The album collects pretty much their entire recorded output and some live stuff. It's 50's style rockabilly/rock and roll kind of stuff, if that turns you off, but with a more garage sensibility.

Seriously, how can you not like an album with a song titled "Rabies (From the Dogs of Love)"? Plus, it has "Keys to Your Heart" on it, which is just one of the best tunes ever recorded. As I said, shouldn't be in your first batch, but keep it in mind if you like what you hear.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Added to the list.

[quote name='strummerbs']I forgot to mention another one you might be interested in, and it embarrasses me that I left it off, considering I was listening to it yesterday morning. The reissue from a year or so ago of the 101ers Elgin Avenue Breakdown is well worth your time.

Seriously, how can you not like an album with a song titled "Rabies (From the Dogs of Love)"? Plus, it has "Keys to Your Heart" on it, which is just one of the best tunes ever recorded. As I said, shouldn't be in your first batch, but keep it in mind if you like what you hear.[/quote]I got a promo of that CD, actually pretty good!

I love rockabilly.

On a totally different note strummer, are you a fan of Dory Previn?

I've got a DVD boot of My Bloody Valentine opening for... I forget who in Austin.
I think Dino Jr.

It sounds like this.

LKJijdfdkzzziziirrrrrerRRRRZZZZkdfjdkfjkekZZZ

I'll include a Dory comp in your overdue care package strummer.

[quote name='dallow']I've got a DVD boot of My Bloody Valentine opening for... I forget who in Austin.
I think Dino Jr.

It sounds like this.

LKJijdfdkzzziziirrrrrerRRRRZZZZkdfjdkfjkekZZZ[/QUOTE]

Is that a commentary on the quality of the DVD or a review of the band? Considering we're talking about a band that played so loud that it became routine for audience members to become sick from the noise, either one would make sense. I love them anyway, though I think Slowdive and the Pale Saints were the best bands to come out of that scene.

Looking forward to that package, appreciate it. I'll peruse my collection and try to put something together in return.

[quote name='strummerbs']Is that a commentary on the quality of the DVD or a review of the band? Considering we're talking about a band that played so loud that it became routine for audience members to become sick from the noise, either one would make sense. I love them anyway, though I think Slowdive and the Pale Saints were the best bands to come out of that scene.

Looking forward to that package, appreciate it. I'll peruse my collection and try to put something together in return.[/QUOTE]

Do you listen to A Place to Bury Strangers at all?

6tna23q.jpg

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Hey, I just need something to look forward to, haha.[/quote]If that's something you're looking forward to, I think you have some issues you need to work out. :lol:

[quote name='Sleepkyng']first day?

whatcha doin?[/quote]I'm sure he's avoiding random drug tests. :lol:

[quote name='shrike4242']
I'm sure he's avoiding random drug tests. :lol:[/quote] You just won't give that up, will you? :roll:
[quote name='Sleepkyng']first day?

whatcha doin?[/quote] Workin' at Best Buy.
Though today will probably be a slow day. I think.

[quote name='shrike4242']If that's something you're looking forward to, I think you have some issues you need to work out. :lol:[/QUOTE]

True.

Such as boredom at work.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']You just won't give that up, will you? :roll:

Workin' at Best Buy.
Thought today will probably be a slow day. I think.[/quote]

you're nervous about working at best buy?

what's the worst that could happen?

Death by Mexican.

...If you wanna be right on the dot.

You're gonna love being addressed as 'Joven' every 10 minutes on the weekends, Johnny. :]

Actually, more beaners are drawn to the mall/circuit city area.

and that plaza right across from the mall w/ Target, Walmart, Sams... jesus christ that place is a mess. You step outside your car and get whacked in the face by a plastic cup, fork, and plate w/ a bit of a hamburger left on it.

[quote name='shrike4242']If that's something you're looking forward to, I think you have some issues you need to work out. :lol:

I'm sure he's avoiding random drug tests. :lol:[/quote]
I'm still shocked he passed the first drug test. JohnnyFoxDarko is such druggy :roll:

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Do you listen to A Place to Bury Strangers at all?[/QUOTE]

I've loved what I've heard of them, and am really interested in hearing more. What I've heard reminds me a lot of the Jesus & Mary Chain, which is never a bad thing.

I bet JFD has a pouch w/ visine, breathmints, cologne, and air sanitizer when he smokes his pot.

That stuff is baaaad for ya.

[quote name='strummerbs']I've loved what I've heard of them, and am really interested in hearing more. What I've heard reminds me a lot of the Jesus & Mary Chain, which is never a bad thing.[/QUOTE]

Well, let me tell you that if you go see them in concert make sure you bring your earplugs.

It's insane.

[quote name='TFN']Actually, more beaners are drawn to the mall/circuit city area.

and that plaza right across from the mall w/ Target, Walmart, Sams... jesus christ that place is a mess. You step outside your car and get whacked in the face by a plastic cup, fork, and plate w/ a bit of a hamburger left on it.[/QUOTE]

The Walmart over near there...*shudder*

Even my gf didn't want to go to it.

After I was living there, I left for Easter holidays to go see parents. We went to my grandparents house in Coleman, which is near Abilene (basically upper middle west part of Texas).

On the way there, we stopped in Gatesville or Goldthwaite, I can't remember which, but there was a Walmart there, so we went inside.

Man, all the white people. Bunch of hillbillies and rednecks.

After being down in McAllen for so long, I literally had an identity crisis in there. I couldn't figure out which people I better liked, and which ones I found more annoying/displeasing.

It was unbelievable.

[quote name='TFN']I bet JFD has a pouch w/ visine, breathmints, cologne, and air sanitizer when he smokes his pot.

That stuff is baaaad for ya.[/quote]
I'm thinking about calling his Best Buy and ratting him out to his managers.

[quote name='TFN']I bet JFD has a pouch w/ visine, breathmints, cologne, and air sanitizer when he smokes his pot.

That stuff is baaaad for ya.[/quote]

don't forget the redbull/niacin pisspassmaster combo!

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']You just won't give that up, will you? :roll:
[/quote]You're the one that freaked out over it, so it still has some amusement value to me. :D

The joys of working these days, people do actually check for the use of illegal drugs when hiring you. How odd that is. :rofl:

[quote name='senorwoohoo']True.

Such as boredom at work.[/quote]You're making up for my lack of boredom at work.

[quote name='dcfox']I'm thinking about calling his Best Buy and ratting him out to his managers.[/quote]That could also have some amusement value. ;)

I prefer people who speak English... and people who don't dash out in front of you causing you to slam on your brakes because apparently in Mexico that is common courtesy.

This morning I was going 45mph(speed limit) and the light was green for me so I kept going and some beaner dashed out from the intersection in his little hooptie and almost caused me a big wreck. :[ Honking doesn't do any good cause they flick you off and curse at you instead of the opposite. :[

...Beaners can do no wrong. :nottalking:

[quote name='senorwoohoo']fuck me.

Another 10-hour day.[/quote]

I won't be leaving work tomorrow till around 7 pm if I am lucky.

[quote name='dcfox']I'm thinking about calling his Best Buy and ratting him out to his managers.[/quote]

do it.

GS sucks. I only got $42 store credit after bonuses for 6 games. Oh well, at least I didn't pay a whole lot for them. That's far from giving me enough money to get a Wii, but at least it will cover Uncharted and maybe Eye of Judgment (the last two games I really want to buy this year, the others can wait). Then, I can just use cash to buy a Wii.

[quote name='Dkellar']I won't be leaving work tomorrow till around 7 pm if I am lucky.[/QUOTE]

Should be 8 p.m. for me, but I came in at 10 a.m.

[quote name='shrike4242']You're making up for my lack of boredom at work.[/QUOTE]

Well that's great, but what about me?

[quote name='The Mana Knight'] Then, I can just use cash to buy a Wii.[/QUOTE]

I have dispatched agents to your location to prevent this from happening. They will use all necessary means, including up to and ending your life.

I have it on good authority that you possessing the Wii would - indeed - bring out the end of the universe.

And that's not happening on my watch.

*puts on dark sunglasses*

[quote name='shrike4242']
That could also have some amusement value. ;)[/quote]

[quote name='InuFaye']do it.[/quote]

It's not as if I know which Best Buy he works at or his name for that matter, so it would be kind of hard. :lol:

Even if I did, I wouldn't really want to get him fired, despite him being a pot head.

[quote name='Strell']I have dispatched agents to your location to prevent this from happening. They will use all necessary means, including up to and ending your life.

I have it on good authority that you possessing the Wii would - indeed - bring out the end of the universe.

And that's not happening on my watch.

*puts on dark sunglasses*[/quote]

Is it possible that TMK could become the next DMK?!!!

O NOEZ!

[quote name='fart_bubble']I use to have something like that, its okay but they really only good to check out if you dig flying controls. The one I did have had pretty good mobility in a short range but over 20 feet and it always crashed.[/QUOTE]

Hmm yeah, I better get something that can stand up to slamming into the ground a few dozen times. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back