If you can't slam with the best (aka RPG Thread XVIII), then jam with the rest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics are free at GOG.com for the next 48 hours!

... and the site has been pretty much hammered into submission.
Thanks, already had Fallout 1 there, but got 2+Tactics.

Tales of Zestiria announced? Awesome! We are already getting Xillia 2 and Symphonia HD Collection in 2014, so I doubt it'll be coming to US in 2014, most likely 2015. 2014 sounds like for JP, they got Xillia 2 last year and Xillia one the year before, besides Vita games.

Huh. Apparently, there's going to be a license transfer on the old Fallout games come January 1st. Speculation is that this might actually be your last chance to get them on GOG. So get to it, folks!

Nah, the game is pretty easy, you can play really dumb and get away with things.
Just making sure the right characters get the right certificates is a pain too. I've replayed one mission twice just trying to get another Sppt X award to transform one scout into a sniper.

I am playing through the May missions now though.

My :3ds: came back repaired and I really should finish off KH 3D, but those two end bosses are a pain as well.

Finally started up Graces again.  About 40 hours in, but haven't played in 4 months...  Realized I've never dualized any shards into my weapons/armor.  Is it actually worthwhile?  Seems confusing and unnecessary.

Finally started up Graces again. About 40 hours in, but haven't played in 4 months... Realized I've never dualized any shards into my weapons/armor. Is it actually worthwhile? Seems confusing and unnecessary.
That's how you upgrade. It goes really high, up the alphabet.

Finally started up Graces again. About 40 hours in, but haven't played in 4 months... Realized I've never dualized any shards into my weapons/armor. Is it actually worthwhile? Seems confusing and unnecessary.
Depends on difficulty maybe? Probably isn't necessary on normal or hard even, but above that, it's definitely useful.

At least dualize some decent accessory items. The +CC stuff is always good to have.

Hmmm, might have to give it a shot then.  Cuz yeah, more CC is always better.About to
fly back from Fodra
so better late than never.  It's mainly giant enemy crab syndrome/RPG hoarder mentality that has made me avoid it.  "Wow, this shard is pretty good and high level... but what if I get a better sword in the next town..."

Unrelated:  is there any way to bring back the buttons for the spoiler tags, etc?  Took me a while to find the goofy menu... thing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just making sure the right characters get the right certificates is a pain too. I've replayed one mission twice just trying to get another Sppt X award to transform one scout into a sniper.

I am playing through the May missions now though.

My :3ds: came back repaired and I really should finish off KH 3D, but those two end bosses are a pain as well.
Yeah, that is pretty annoying how the upgrades are random drops.

I still think it's pretty silly that you can run up to a sandbag that the enemy is using, crouch next to him, and have it count as cover for both of you.

And bravery, and faith, and hastega, and shell, and protect, and regen, and float.

I think the absolute worst part of FFXII is the buff timers. Dead serious. Someone in my party has to stop and recast something every 20 seconds or so, and I only run haste + regen. It's fucking dumb.

Gaiz, Elize is a Pro Pinkist.

I also managed to snag a copy of Tales of Graces f from Best Buy. I'll probably start that next.

Welp, I'm all done with Xillia. Well, not like 100% or anything, just beat the game. I was a little overpowered for the final boss fight and I had a huge food buff so I whooped their asses. Ending was alright. I better be able to use Gaius in ToX2.

Going to either start Dishonored next or maybe Graces f.

Just need to do last dungeon and I'll "finish" Graces F.  How long is future arc?  I'm debating messing around trying to wrap up a bunch of side quests, or wait till after Future Arc when I've heard you can go back to before final boss and do all the outstanding quests then.

Graces F is great.  I like the characters, although they are kind of trope-y/cliched.

Ruh roh, I just received dat Ys Celceta Anniversary Edition.  I am excite to add another RPG to my backlog.

Just need to do last dungeon and I'll "finish" Graces F. How long is future arc? I'm debating messing around trying to wrap up a bunch of side quests, or wait till after Future Arc when I've heard you can go back to before final boss and do all the outstanding quests then.
It wasn't too long. Maybe 10 hours? Future arc is much better than the main game though, IMO. Especially the skits.

It wasn't too long. Maybe 10 hours? Future arc is much better than the main game though, IMO. Especially the skits.
Sweet thanks. I'll be out of town for the next few days but when I get back I think I'll blast through that before tackling most of the sidequests. I've really really enjoyed Graces f thus far. Much more than I did Vesperia (blasphemy, I know, but I just didn't care for that as much as most seem to).

I'm not sure I enjoy the combat of Graces f in comparison to Xillia. It feels kind of clunk. It's still fun, though. And that music :drool:

lucky me, the gamestop near my home have both ayesha, and Atelier Rorona. so if they are still there by the end up of this weekend. i will pick up both. if not then, so be it.

I've played a lot of FF this year. I feel a little nauseous.

I've had a weird urge to grab The Last Story. Any opinions on it here?
It's really mediocre. Terrible framerates, characters are all the worst kind of tropes and not in an endearing way, and the combat is absolutely retarded.

Did I review it? Yes I did.

Nice review Panzer.  fuck the Last Story, sideways.  I was so hyped for it.  A new Wii game.  A new JRPG.  A new Sakaguchi game.  And all are the same game?  Man was that game shit.  Bad story, gameplay, framerate, art style (imho it was just so blaaand), characters.  Luckily Xenoblade was so good it didn't matter that the other two Operation Rainfall games were pretty much shit.

I really liked the cover art which is half the reason I bought TLS:

the-last-story-cover-art.jpeg

But yeah, the in-game direction was pretty hideous.

I really liked the cover art which is half the reason I bought TLS:

the-last-story-cover-art.jpeg

But yeah, the in-game direction was pretty hideous.
i never seen that cover before, i only ever saw the US version cover, which i saw at bestbuy store 2-3 years ago, when they still had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back