If you can't slam with the best (aka RPG Thread XVIII), then jam with the rest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now playing Mass Effect 3 for the past month or so feels like i waste of time. I really didn't enjoy the game as much, there were fewer crew members to interact with, the plot felt too similar to Dragon Age.

And the ending came down to just choose Blue or Red. (I'm not even going to bother installing the extending cut, and sitting through another hour or so of that boring Earth mission again)
I wanted to see what all the fuss was about the original ending first.

Now after having played through the game, and that boring long ass earth mission I don't really feel like going back for just another extra 5 minutes or so of video.
There's this place on the Internet called YouTube. People post videos of things there. I bet you could find the alternate endings and the extended ending and such over there. ;)

It's what I did after I finished ME3. Then I went back and watched the original ending for comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
P4G has been $24 on Amazon for months now. I keep waiting for it to drop just a few dollars more.

Of course I need to finish Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Unchained Blades on the Vita first.
It's was on sale for $20 on PSN about a week ago. You might catch a deal during Black Friday next week.

I'm currently replaying Persona 3 Portable now. I don't know if I want to replay Persona 4 Golden yet. I do want to play some of the older Persona games. I do need to go through my backlog. After P3P, I might play Valkyria Chronicles 1 or Ni No Kuni.

There's this place on the Internet called YouTube. People post videos of things there. I bet you could find the alternate endings and the extended ending and such over there. ;)

It's what I did after I finished ME3. Then I went back and watched the original ending for comparison.
That's what I plan on doing later. I'm a little curious about the "evil" ending. (Destroy the reapers?). I helped the geth but never a choice to merge organic and synthetic life.

It's was on sale for $20 on PSN about a week ago. You might catch a deal during Black Friday next week.

I'm currently replaying Persona 3 Portable now. I don't know if I want to replay Persona 4 Golden yet. I do want to play some of the older Persona games. I do need to go through my backlog. After P3P, I might play Valkyria Chronicles 1 or Ni No Kuni.
I'm holding out for a physical copy. My memory card is nearly full, and I figure a physical copy will have pretty good trade in value.

That's what I plan on doing later. I'm a little curious about the "evil" ending. (Destroy the reapers?). I helped the geth but never a choice to merge organic and synthetic life.
I'm not sure that any of the endings would be considered "evil". If anything though, the
Control ending was the one portrayed as the most evil since it's what the Illusive Man wanted, and he was developed (poorly) as a bad guy in a way. The "destroy the reapers" ending was one the alliance supported.

I'm not sure that any of the endings would be considered "evil". If anything though, the
Control ending was the one portrayed as the most evil since it's what the Illusive Man wanted, and he was developed (poorly) as a bad guy in a way. The "destroy the reapers" ending was one the alliance supported.
But that one was Red! They spent the whole time showing me that Blue is Good/Paragon and Red is Renegade/Evil.

Since they told me destroying the reapers would destroy the Geth too, I went with the Control option. The final show down with the Illusive Man was a complete let down as well.

Mass Effect 3 is all about that
EDI and Joker
relationship.  :grouphug:  I was all about that Synthesis ending, everyone can live happily ever after,
especially one very special couple.

On the Vagrant Story topic I'm now 5 hours in, and am picking everything up again fairly quickly and blazing, haven't felt threatened or not prepared for a boss yet.  I will say that the crafting is really deep, which is cool, but it also isn't very well explained or easy to figure out what the results of things will be (especially without going through a bunch of screens), so I feel like I waste some time breaking stuff apart to discover I can't make something better by recombining it, so then I reload my save and leave it as it was (since I don't want the PP points to be totally reset for no reason) and then even when I find something I like it takes me a while to find that worthwhile combo and ensure it's the best (also happens when combining blades and armor).  So the game so far for me has been 2/3 actual gameplay and 1/3 crafting stuff.

I'm probably not going to be able to start Vagrant Story for some time, I have a bunch of school work I have to do and I'll be out of town until December, so yeah :/

I'll probably start it after final exams though

Well I guess that means we'll be able to see if they can even come remotely close to what they are planning for.
Yeah, I think we discussed a few months ago about how hard those guys going to fail. Their kickstarter page is a clusterfuck. On that budget and those credentials, the chances of success are so slim as to be insigificant.

And all of that ignores the false advertising. I've played enough scifi RPGs (most recently the ME games) to know how it works. If you role play a female, it's not so much mandate as it is manrape. Har har.

It really depends on how they budget their money. I think the Mandate team was really smart in not including any physical goods for the tiers so none of the money goes towards producing that stuff.

The City of Titans page is just flat out depressing.
What do you mean, it's totally plausible for an unpaid collective of fans to create and maintain a 3D MMO over the long term. I don't know what could possibly be plausible-er than that.

Curt Schilling had $75 million and a whole team of professionals and he failed to even get his MMO out the door. Square-Enix, despite having a successful MMO under their belt already, crashed and burned so badly that they had to scrap their game entirely and were only able to try for a do-over because they have more money than God. But this group of volunteers with $600,000? It's a lock. No problem.

I'm holding out for a physical copy. My memory card is nearly full, and I figure a physical copy will have pretty good trade in value.
You got your wish, Amazon has Persona 4 Golden for $20. I think Gamestop has it for the same price either today or Friday.

I forgot to pick up my copy of Ys, too. I'll pass by later today and get it.

Persona Golden is $20? Waddafah. That's a steal. GET. IT.

So there is a new .hack game in development. #excite

What do you mean, it's totally plausible for an unpaid collective of fans to create and maintain a 3D MMO over the long term. I don't know what could possibly be plausible-er than that.

Curt Schilling had $75 million and a whole team of professionals and he failed to even get his MMO out the door. Square-Enix, despite having a successful MMO under their belt already, crashed and burned so badly that they had to scrap their game entirely and were only able to try for a do-over because they have more money than God. But this group of volunteers with $600,000? It's a lock. No problem.
I'm sure that what they lack in money, experience, and numbers, they'll make up for in enthusiasm.

Picking up P4 Golden.

Which of thse Y's games are different? Isn't there one where the whole mechanic is just running into people with your sword?

Maybe they have a smaller scale in mind?

Doesn't help that every MMO that comes out nowadays claims to be the one that will destroy WoW.

in da hizzouse~!!!

3a731b8257b411e38a340accca05616b_7.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Yeah, Warlords of Draenor drops next year (and looks awesome) probably in the spring/early summer. And it's been 9 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back