I'm dat Bison, and I hate yo' couch!!! FIGHTER THREAD XLVI!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't have anything like that unfortunately. :(

Sirlin/NKI did that for CCC vol. 2 as sort of a labor of love thing for the game/community. But, at least Super Street Fighter II TURBO HD Remix will have hitbox displays in practice mode... that is a BIG thing... I'm hoping SF IV will have the same since they reverted back to 2D style hitboxes instead of 3D model hitboxes.

Man, even I realized that jumping in all the time = bad. And I only play as Ken and Ryu.

I'm excited to get my 360 hooked up again tomorrow and finally get to Soul Calibur IV-ing it up.

Shame nobody at my school plays SCIV, but whatever. I'm so glad there's online play, even if it's on the ghetto side.

Jumping in in SF IV isn't that bad of an idea compared to past games. Jumping in while ppl have ultras stocked is a different story though.

[quote name='Chacrana']Get people up to snuff. It makes the game more accessible for n00bs and it's a good primer on SF4 for fighting game fans who haven't played SF4 yet.[/QUOTE]I jus got back from playing. Seriously... the game is pretty damn noob friendly already. anyway... story time.

I got to the arcade at like 8:30, went to the change machine to get quarters then out of nowhere I'm like OH CRAP WTF?!?!?!?!

click-> http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/magnetro/sf4-8-30/sf4setupdog.jpg

see that dog?? it runs from like the front of the arcade all the way too the back where I was... right past me and I'm like wtf?!?!?! anyway that dog is mad cool!! I havent been to the arcade since Easter but I guess the place has a new mascot now, they just let him run around the arcade all he wants. He's mad friendly and wants attention from everybody... and everybody has attention to give him!! (or is it a her?? I donno lol)

anyway the game is freakin awesome! I ran into my cousin's friend who told me theyve been going to Super Arcade to play and now theyre hella happy that the game is not only much closer to them, but in a setup that's by no means ghetto... with actual HDTVs on it! He explained to me a lot of the system and how to play the game and shyt. I also talked to another guy and he explained a lot of stuff to me as well.

I never saw anybody use Guile, Bison, or Vega while I was there. Another interesting note is everything is in english, so we got Akuma and Balrog instead of Gouki and Bison... must be a game option.

I played Abel, dood is mad awesome! I only got 4 games in the 2 hours I was there but I learned a few things with him. His crouching strong can be followed up into his qcf+p combo, and his crouching fierce can combo into his DP+P command grab. So for example I can do cr.strong, qcf+P, save cancel, cr.fierce, dp+P

the saving attacks are dope. As you're in the stance u can absorb one hit... except from EX attacks apparently, those will hit you. You can dash out of the SA, both prior to the attack being executed (while you're in the charging stance) and after your attack comes out (becoz the recovery is BRUTAL... altho I am not sure if u can dash cancel out if the attack whiffs). If you charge long enough you will flash once, this means if your attack hits your opponent will crumple down and open a combo opportunity. If you hold it down for the full duration, you'll flash a 2nd time and the move will come out automatically without having to let go of the buttons, this is your unblockable version.

In a lot of the vids I've seen, this successful crumple attack was followed by a dash allowed you to continue the combo. The dash is NOT automatic, it must be performed manually, so if u play Guilty Gear it's a lot like that... yet I could not get used to it... yet.

also there's Save cancels! If you do a special move, you can cancel it with a saving attack at the cost of half your super bar (2 segments). This is similar to cancels in Garou or roman cancels in Guilty Gear... this is where all your flashy combos will come into play. So what you would do is do a special move, do a saving attack to cancel the recover, dash cancel to get out of the saving attack stance and animation, then continue your combo.

more impressions next post!

so I'm talking to my friend right? He's tells me that the save cancel system (referred to as SADC on srk forums, Save Attack Dash Cancel) highly favors shoto characters. He uses Balrog who is a charge character, if you SADC and dash forward to continue your combo, you just broke your charge! A shoto does not have this problem as he can dash into a shoryu or something. I'm sure there is A LOT more to do following a SADC than just a special move... we still have much to discover so I'm sure his theory will be shot down in a matter of time... I'm jus throwing it out so you know what's up.

2 super meters, one is a 4 segment meter than fills up as you attack. With 1 segment u can do an EX move, with 2 u can SADC, with full u can do a super move. Another meter is 2 levels, your revenge meter which fills up as you take damage. At halfway level you can perform a Ultra combo, at full level you can do the same but your ultra is much more powerful. Your ultra will always perform at the highest level possible.

as far as character impressions... Akuma is straight raging demon spammer!! you can do super raging demon and ultra raging demon, so given the right amount of meter u can do 2 of them in a row!!

Dhalsim is crazy! he can shoot a toga fire and then teleport behind you while the fireball is still on its route! When I played him I couldnt even get a single round off him (all my other matches ended in round 3 btw... never won a match but always got a round!)... he is VERY hard to get close to as I was using a grappler.

other than that that's all I got I think... I'll definitely be playing this game alot more so let me kno if u wanna kno anything and I'll try to find out for you. The game is indeed real awesome btw... love it!!

yah I like Chun, but also wanna pursue the E Honda route.

my cousin's friend told me my cousin's using Honda, so definitely some1 to learn off.

I realized in the 4 games I played, never once did I touch jab or short... pretty crazy how in 3S those attacks are staple to my entire game.

that vid... dood told me about u can follow up one of the kicks with dash... I see it in the vid!! learning something!!

1:16... looks like standing forward(?), dash followup, standing punch(?), qcf+P, SADC, cr.Fierce, roll, another standing kick.

the qcf+P move is called Rekka I think... watching the vids and trying to learn to SADC cancel it reminds me a lot of when I was learning Anji Mito, coz he does the same thing where you RC his 236S into all kinds of crazy shyt

man this game is awesome!

The arcades are dead here. I doubt we'll get it though receiving SF4, "R Tuned: Ultimate Street Racing" and "Lethal Enforcers 3" would be nice.

Still like SCI and SCII better than SCIII and SCIV...

I don't know... SCIV felt really lacking in terms of content... the only beefy aspect of the game was the character creation... I oddly really liked the strategy game in SCIII. Plus the omission of the created character classes made me unhappy... I miss my samurai and theif that threw grenades :(

I like SCIV, but it seems like it's missing something. Like single player modes or something as easy as team battle. Shit, they have tag matches in the Tower of Souls, but you can't play Vs. tag matches.

[quote name='Chacrana']Sorta relevant?

I wrote about SC IV and reviewed SC IV

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=2844[/QUOTE]

9 / 10??? yeay rite!!

I hated that game, this is what I think of your review

2uoh2rm.jpg

actually that's what Bison thinks... I'm all love, Bison is not...

M. Bison is a ruthless dictator, but he knows he needs to keep his shit tiptop. I'm betting he has the best dentist in the world working on those choppers.

He can't be flashing that winning smile and having a mouthful of yellow, rotten teeth greet his victims, right? ;)

If my current plans this weekend fall flat, I might just head to SFSU fer some SFIV. JEKKI, didja see any C.Viper players in your time playing? I wanted to use her and Fuerte.

I saw one person play Viper, dood was pretty scrubby but he did land an Ultra super which was real nice!!

actually, A LOT of ppl are scrubby... we're all trying to learn!

on SRK forums in the thread for FFA's SFIV machine, there's a lot of argument and controversy over the win limit. When you win 6 games in a row the machine kicks you off, a lot of the top players like Alex Valle and Viscant are calling foul on this, but a lot of people jus wanna play and learn for the time being.

Viper, from what I hear, is supposed to be low-tier or some shiz like that, but she looks like a lot of fun to play, so that's why I'm asking. Same for Fuerte, since Luchadors in fighters are pretty cool.

cyberfanatix seems to think this is SNK's stuff for TGS:

The King of Fighters XII - Arcade
The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match - PS2
The King of Fighters 98: Ultimate Match - Xbox360
Samurai Spirits Anthology - PSP
ADK Soul - PS2
Kimono Yusha - Nintendo DS

Only thing especially interesting to me is KOF 98 UM for the 360. Might hold out for that version if it turns out to be true. Other games are pretty meh to me... KOF 2002 is overrated and boring. ADK sucks.

[quote name='Chacrana']
The King of Fighters 98: Ultimate Match - Xbox360
[/quote]

Wait, what? Holy crap, I pray that it's region free at least. A release here would be nice too.

KOF '98 Ultimate Match for 360 would be very interesting. I wonder if it would essentially be the PS2 version in 720p though. And no way would I want to try an SNK style super move on that horrible Dpad.

I seem to recall SNK saying they were going to do a KOF 2002 rebout at some point... this was like two years ago... but yeah, this is the first I've heard of it since. Honestly though, I'm not sure what 2002 did that 98 didn't do better. Maybe they had better command of the Engrish language, but I don't care too much about that.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']KOF '98 Ultimate Match for 360 would be very interesting. I wonder if it would essentially be the PS2 version in 720p though. And no way would I want to try an SNK style super move on that horrible Dpad.[/QUOTE]

Xbox 360 D-Pad can eat shit for fighting games. Also I'm not about to buy an arcade stick for the 1 fighting game I have on 360 (Hyper Fighting).

I still have to order KOF 98: UM for PS2. I'm just lazy and know any game I buy won't get much love because I'm always busy.

I love PS2.

I loved KOF 2K2. It wasn't a huge step-up in any means (same could be said for the entire series) but it went back to it's roots with 3vs3 matches, none of this striker crap. It had tons of characters (even more if you had the PS2 version) Plus they included a couple cool SDMs like:

angel-peopleselbow.gif
whip-shooot.gif
yamazaki-2k2-super.gif

Oh, that's right, 2002 had Tetsuo err... K' 9999 or whatever he was called. I'll admit that was pretty damn cool. I think one of the major things that made the game kinda boring though, was the backgrounds. I think 4 of them were of generic farmlands.

KOF 2002 was the first game in the series I really spent much time with though... I had that, 2003, and Neowave, and while I thought those 3 games were cool at the time, this was a couple months before XI came out. When I saw the video for that with it's speedy gameplay and much cooler backgrounds and soundtrack, I was like "holy shit... what have I been doing?" So that might be part of the reason I'm not that big on 2002.

so... KoF98U on 360 is actually a XBLA game... hope that means that there's no loading. I'll be getting the PS2 and XBLA version... my all time fave KoF game to be honest.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']so... KoF98U on 360 is actually a XBLA game... hope that means that there's no loading. I'll be getting the PS2 and XBLA version... my all time fave KoF game to be honest.[/quote]

I am picturing that on my HDTV and beginning to shudder. I think I'll stick to the PS2 version.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']also in case most of you don't know news on the Tekken 6 expansion will be out on the 20th of this month.[/quote]

18th now! (in Japan)

17th here!

Start your engines!

Lucky for me an SDT member will be attending AM show and TGS! I'll be updating like mad and probably won't sleep.

[quote name='MarkMan']18th now! (in Japan)

17th here!

Start your engines!

Lucky for me an SDT member will be attending AM show and TGS! I'll be updating like mad and probably won't sleep.[/quote]

feck yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back