I'm dat Bison, and I hate yo' couch!!! FIGHTER THREAD XLVI!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='PatFortenbaugh']me and jim are hitting up university pinball for some SF4 on saturday whos got a tier list?[/quote]

Too early for tiers man.

If you want buff chars pick Sagat/Rufus/Blanka.

Posted this on SRK, but thought it would be helpful to anyone looking for one...

BTW V4MPIRO on these boards (http://forums.shoryuken.com) bought 2 x controllers at about $20 a pop off eBay and he put it up in the B/S/T forum for $70 shipped -_-

I didn't know about the eBay auctions at the time so I took the chance and bought it. I know better now. I can't hate on anyone trying to hustle and make $$$, but that is dirty to do to an SRK member....

Here are pictures of the official PCB on a PS2 DarkStalkers Collection Saturn controller:

2829794450_c1ef57539c.jpg

For larger resolution click here.

Compare with the PCB on the same controller I received(I didn't take pictures because they were identical to the ones posted earlier):

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk102/grnldr/Photo_090408_003.jpg

Thank you DevilsFang! (for the heads up on both)...

---

As you can see on the PCB of the PS2 controller (released the same time as the other PS2 controllers and PC/Mac USB Sega controllers), there is no SEGA logo either. The PCB looks almost identical, I can't tell if it is legit. But the important thing is, the controller feels/works like a legit one. I'm using them side by side and if I close my eyes I can't tell the difference. For all I care I'm going to call these official controllers unless someone can come up with some kind of proof. The packaging is identical as well.

As far as the shoulder button goes. The clicks sound a bit different. I checked the switch that activates them and while they are exactly the same construction wise, for some reason they make a different noise (but on my PS2 controller the click on the L button sounds different compared to the R button... lol).

Anywho, if you haven't gotten one yet, go get it. It gets my seal of approval.

If you're interested in one, get em before the price goes up?

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&satitle=sega+usb

I shot an email to SLS to ask about the legitimacy just in case, haven't heard back from them yet.

I already ordered 4 off ebay (paid almost the same price for 4 that I could have for one -_- )

WHY SRK WHY!

Signed,

Honest, hardworking MarkMan...

[quote name='MarkMan']Too early for tiers man.

If you want buff chars pick Sagat/Rufus/Blanka.[/quote]
Tiers are based on tournament results right? Like who actually has a better Win;Loss ratio?

BTW, are there any SFIV machines down in SD?

whooo! gonna play more SFIV tomorrow!!!

unfortunately... I gotta go alone... AGAIN!!

one dood said another time while another never freakin returned my call as usual!!

I even asked M Bison!!! he straight up moded me...

6i9ykl.gif

[quote name='MarkMan']Posted this on SRK, but thought it would be helpful to anyone looking for one...

BTW V4MPIRO on these boards (http://forums.shoryuken.com) bought 2 x controllers at about $20 a pop off eBay and he put it up in the B/S/T forum for $70 shipped -_-

I didn't know about the eBay auctions at the time so I took the chance and bought it. I know better now. I can't hate on anyone trying to hustle and make $$$, but that is dirty to do to an SRK member....

Here are pictures of the official PCB on a PS2 DarkStalkers Collection Saturn controller:

For larger resolution click here.

Compare with the PCB on the same controller I received(I didn't take pictures because they were identical to the ones posted earlier):

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk102/grnldr/Photo_090408_003.jpg

Thank you DevilsFang! (for the heads up on both)...

---

As you can see on the PCB of the PS2 controller (released the same time as the other PS2 controllers and PC/Mac USB Sega controllers), there is no SEGA logo either. The PCB looks almost identical, I can't tell if it is legit. But the important thing is, the controller feels/works like a legit one. I'm using them side by side and if I close my eyes I can't tell the difference. For all I care I'm going to call these official controllers unless someone can come up with some kind of proof. The packaging is identical as well.

As far as the shoulder button goes. The clicks sound a bit different. I checked the switch that activates them and while they are exactly the same construction wise, for some reason they make a different noise (but on my PS2 controller the click on the L button sounds different compared to the R button... lol).

Anywho, if you haven't gotten one yet, go get it. It gets my seal of approval.

If you're interested in one, get em before the price goes up?

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&satitle=sega+usb

I shot an email to SLS to ask about the legitimacy just in case, haven't heard back from them yet.

I already ordered 4 off ebay (paid almost the same price for 4 that I could have for one -_- )

WHY SRK WHY!

Signed,

Honest, hardworking MarkMan...[/QUOTE]

OH SHIT! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Saturn pad! I had nearly every (US released) fighter on Saturn (it pains me still that I sold the damn thing) and the only reason I even HAD a Saturn was for fighters. Definitely gonna pick up some of these (hopefully most PS2 fighters are BC with my 80 gig, and push come to shove I'll just MAME/FBA em). Wonder if I can mod one into an xbox (OG) controller, as it's just USB... I know you can do the reverse, don't know if it would work though...

2 questions MM: How long is the cable (I'm too used to wireless :) ) and have you tried it with PS3 or only PC? Thanks!

Excellent zoning/showing of how good Sagat is... but the only funny thing in that video is Sagat wearing Chun Li's alpha pants.

As of right now, only laugh via SRK can get you one... btw here is my review.

----
Later than I wanted to put it up, but here it is...

via http://sdtekken.com
REVIEW: inPin PLAY CONVERTER!

Thanks to laugh for providing us with the best converter since sliced bread! The inPin PLAY CONVERTER hails out of the Korean market and is already taking praise as one of the best PS2 to PS3 USB converters out there! With our unrelenting love for arcade sticks we were VERY excited to review this product, you can read all about it by clicking the link below!

inPin PLAY CONVERTER REVIEW

[quote name='MarkMan']Excellent zoning/showing of how good Sagat is... but the only funny thing in that video is Sagat wearing Chun Li's alpha pants.[/quote]

no it was just sad how it reminded me of early days of SFII when people only knew how to do fireballs for hours.

[quote name='MarkMan']As of right now, only laugh via SRK can get you one... btw here is my review.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks markman, i sent laugh a pm on shoryuken.

I read those lol bullet points before I knew what game it was, and thought it was referring to the Wii version of TvC or something... but if it's MK, that's fine by me...

I just wish MK would just go back to being 2D. Yes I sucked at it during those times but at least it was more legit.

oh and JEKKI if M.Bison fucks with you again, tell him this:

poiniespoin03.jpg

Someone needs to do an M Bison thingy of him in MVC2 beating up a Mango Sentinel, and then saying "fuck the Knicks!"

tired as fuck! 5 hours of sleep + work + arcade = death.

I still sucks at SFIV lol!

Zangief is mad cheap! If you hit him you're gonna get SPD no matter what, unless you knockdown...

like they hella nerfed his SPD but it dont matter coz u get hit with like 4 of them in a round!

lol what's poin?

How's Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for the 'Cast? I'm looking for something sorta like Darkstalkers, I guess.... basically, I don't need something competitive, but I want something that's damn fun to play a few rounds of here and there. But it's gotta be real good.

I was never a big Darkstalkers fan, but I do love JoJo's. I never played it competitive, just for fun with friends. I reccomend it. Lots of cool characters & crazy moves.

Rolento - That video looked kinda... slow. Doesn't really do the game any justice.

Jojo had probably the single most broken character in videogame history.

Pet Shop was so broken that even without his easy infinite (WITHOUT HIS INFINITE) the tier ratio was 9:1 in his favor vs every character in the game (according to Japanese tier rankings) lol.

How broken is that!

[quote name='Rodimus']I was never a big Darkstalkers fan, but I do love JoJo's. I never played it competitive, just for fun with friends. I reccomend it. Lots of cool characters & crazy moves.

Rolento - That video looked kinda... slow. Doesn't really do the game any justice.[/quote]

:lol: yeah.. just noticed that as well >_

[quote name='MarkMan']Jojo had probably the single most broken character in videogame history.

Pet Shop was so broken that even without his easy infinite (WITHOUT HIS INFINITE) the tier ratio was 9:1 in his favor vs every character in the game (according to Japanese tier rankings) lol.

How broken is that![/QUOTE]

Wow, that's pretty broke. But hey, I did say I was fine with a game that's not competitive at all. Like a Hokuto no Ken-style insane beat-up festival. The videos I watched of the game (the ones that were full speed) looked damn cool, which is what had me intrigued. I like damn cool looking stuff.

[quote name='Chacrana']Is there much incentive for playing through Jojo multiple times? Like a variety of modes or shit like that?[/quote]

There's about 5 or 6 secret characters you can unlock by beating challenge mode a few times. They're all pretty much clones of some kind. Definatly try to get Young Joseph & Shadow Dio.

I envy you Jim

[quote name='Chacrana']Is there much incentive for playing through Jojo multiple times? Like a variety of modes or shit like that?[/QUOTE]

Mainly just to see the dif. characters endings. If you didn't know, it is actually 2 games: Jojo 1 and 2 from the arcade. So there's replay right there (though aside from added characters, I don't remember a real huge dif. between the two other than endings). There are also some fun minigame type levels that are more sidescrolling fair. I wish more 2d fighting games would do this (loved it in the Guilty Gear PSP game).

Haven't played it in a long time, and while yes it was broken, and not at all a competitive game, it was a ton of fun. Since that's what you're looking for, go for it.

Also, I just feel like mentioning that I could never really get into Darkstalkers 3, but 2 (aka Nightwarriors Revenge on Saturn) is one of my favorite fighters of all time. Prolly missed my Saturn gamepad too much at the time.

I played Street Fighter 4 last night. I played as Abel the 3 times I got to play. I won a few matches on my second and third games. It was pretty badass. Zangief is just a beast. The whole night, I never saw anyone play Ryu, Dhaslim, Chun-Li, Guile, or Bison. I know I probably will be at FFA a few more times over the next couple of weekends.

Hmm, I'm not too familiar with Darkstalkers, but I believe they have Vampire Savior on GGPO (though I don't own the actual game *cough* so it'd be illegal for me to play that *cough*). If you're looking for fighting games that are fun without too much competition, I would suggest doujin fighting games. They usually have all you can want in a game, bewbs, and more bewbs.

Though it sounds like you've gone through a fair share of doujin games judging from your hentai game background, hehe. But if you need a link to doujin soft, pm me, I'm not quite sure if I can actually post it here, since it usually involves downloading games one could otherwise purchase or acquire by other means than the internet.

[quote name='option.iv']Hmm, I'm not too familiar with Darkstalkers, but I believe they have Vampire Savior on GGPO (though I don't own the actual game *cough* so it'd be illegal for me to play that *cough*). If you're looking for fighting games that are fun without too much competition, I would suggest doujin fighting games. They usually have all you can want in a game, bewbs, and more bewbs.

Though it sounds like you've gone through a fair share of doujin games judging from your hentai game background, hehe. But if you need a link to doujin soft, pm me, I'm not quite sure if I can actually post it here, since it usually involves downloading games one could otherwise purchase or acquire by other means than the internet.[/QUOTE]

What, hentai games are a background for me now :lol:? I played like 2 for reviews.

But yes, I've certainly played my share of fighting games, both of the doujin variety and not. I'm just asking about Jojo specifically coz it makes it look badass to punch people in the face.

[quote name='djbooba']I played Street Fighter 4 last night. I played as Abel the 3 times I got to play. I won a few matches on my second and third games. It was pretty badass. Zangief is just a beast. The whole night, I never saw anyone play Ryu, Dhaslim, Chun-Li, Guile, or Bison. I know I probably will be at FFA a few more times over the next couple of weekends.[/QUOTE]were u there last nite??? I was playin Abel too! was there til like 10PM rockin a black dodgers cap and a black polybius shirt.

that guy with the glasses and loud voice playing Zangief is always there at the arcade... like ALWAYS. he lives there I think... I donno his name.

I picked up Jojo's years ago for $15. Totally worth that much. No VGA support though. :cry:

I love Vampire Savior. Played the hell out of the Saturn import version. Too bad it's censored when you play in English.

[quote name='Chacrana']What, hentai games are a background for me now :lol:? I played like 2 for reviews.

But yes, I've certainly played my share of fighting games, both of the doujin variety and not. I'm just asking about Jojo specifically coz it makes it look badass to punch people in the face.[/quote]
Sorry about my horrible assumption.

The main doujin games that come to mind are Melty Blood (of course), Big Bang Beat (based of an RPGish hentai game, mmm, ecchi... er, I mean "h", yeahh...) and Eternal Fighter Zero (sort of old). Unfortunately, I don't think any of those games play like a Capcom game. Comiket happened a while ago and a there weren't too many spectacular fighting games, mostly shooters. There was one based off Mai-Hime, but I haven't tried it yet, most likely due to my hatred of that anime.

At the moment though, I'm still playing Akatsuki Blitzkampf, which plays a lot like CvS 2 with a smidge of 3s and Guilty Gear. Fairly simple, and who doesn't love dual-revolver weilding nuns, Japanese Nazis and a character who is basically a tank with a skull turret head thingy.

[quote name='JEKKI']were u there last nite??? I was playin Abel too! was there til like 10PM rockin a black dodgers cap and a black polybius shirt.

that guy with the glasses and loud voice playing Zangief is always there at the arcade... like ALWAYS. he lives there I think... I donno his name.[/quote]
I didn't get there until about midnight. It was a last minute idea. Next time I go I think it will be a little earlier.

[quote name='SmallWind']:whee: Never knew that the Atomiswave got cracked![/QUOTE]

wait, WHAT! Where did you see this? Dear God, if true... (ahem, not that I would condone such a thing... :shame: )

[quote name='option.iv']Sorry about my horrible assumption.

The main doujin games that come to mind are Melty Blood (of course), Big Bang Beat (based of an RPGish hentai game, mmm, ecchi... er, I mean "h", yeahh...) and Eternal Fighter Zero (sort of old). Unfortunately, I don't think any of those games play like a Capcom game. Comiket happened a while ago and a there weren't too many spectacular fighting games, mostly shooters. There was one based off Mai-Hime, but I haven't tried it yet, most likely due to my hatred of that anime.

At the moment though, I'm still playing Akatsuki Blitzkampf, which plays a lot like CvS 2 with a smidge of 3s and Guilty Gear. Fairly simple, and who doesn't love dual-revolver weilding nuns, Japanese Nazis and a character who is basically a tank with a skull turret head thingy.[/QUOTE]

I've wanted to try Blitzkampf, but I'm waiting for the arcade version to hit something before I bother, because from what I hear, that version had some pretty mondo huge changes, sorta like Melty Blood to Act Cadenza.

The changes for the arcade version of BlitzKampf is just better graphical animation, an extra playable character and a tweak or two. Other than that the PC version is still playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back