Indiana Deals Thread

The Ft Wayne CC pulled all their $5 MP3 players. If you guys later see that they put them back out at the $5 price, please please PLEASE post and leave one for me.

[quote name='RollingSkull']The Ft Wayne CC pulled all their $5 MP3 players. If you guys later see that they put them back out at the $5 price, please please PLEASE post and leave one for me.[/QUOTE]That's Fort Wayne CC for you. I remember slidecage telling me that the employees pulled the cheap games off the shelves last summer so no one could buy them now (like AW Dual Strike). That's part of the reason I dislike the CC in Fort Wayne (I find better stuff at other ones too).

Ok, a couple of lame-o deals for you guys:

EB at Jefferson Point has a ton of DVD's right now. I did spot several seasons of Smallville (2,3,4, and maybe 5) starting at $20 and going up from there.

Target on Coldwater has some stuff in their electronics clearance endcap. I saw 3 Xbox memory cards for $6.50 each, 2 Gamecube 251 memory cards for $5. There were also a couple of universal GC/PS2/XB S-video cables, and one S-video and one Component 360 cable. I think the cables were all around $10-$15

The Fort Wayne CC also has a few 360 clearance games left. No fucking VT3, but they have Rumble Roses XX and a few sports games. Check the bottom of the Xbox bin.

I think I'm gonna head out right now and get those 251 GC memcards.

[quote name='arbiter']Ok, a couple of lame-o deals for you guys:

EB at Jefferson Point has a ton of DVD's right now. I did spot several seasons of Smallville (2,3,4, and maybe 5) starting at $20 and going up from there.

Target on Coldwater has some stuff in their electronics clearance endcap. I saw 3 Xbox memory cards for $6.50 each, 2 Gamecube 251 memory cards for $5. There were also a couple of universal GC/PS2/XB S-video cables, and one S-video and one Component 360 cable. I think the cables were all around $10-$15[/QUOTE]You're actually finding stuff at the Target on Coldwater?? I can't find anything usually.

Sorry, I haven't been at stores for a few days, since a family member of mine has had surgery and I've been sticking around at home. I hope to get out either tomorrow or Saturday.

DURRR COLDWATER == STELLHORN AM I RITE GUYZ

Yeah, I flubbed that one. But, I got to refill my McD's soda, so it worked out. Also, I can report that, clearance-wise, Stellhorn's Target has a lot of printers and jack shit else.

I'll hit up Coldwater's Target tomorrow after work and will likely buy precisely one GC Memcard, as I only own third party memcards for the Cube. Do drop a message if you guys plunder those cards before I get off work sos I don't need to waste mah time.

[quote name='RollingSkull']The Fort Wayne CC also has a few 360 clearance games left. No fucking VT3, but they have Rumble Roses XX and a few sports games. Check the bottom of the Xbox bin.

I think I'm gonna head out right now and get those 251 GC memcards.[/QUOTE]I already bought my copy of VT3 for $42.50 (during a Meijer sale) on PS3, but I don't regret it. I mostly bought it because my old buddies loved to play the game (same with me) offline.
[quote name='RollingSkull']DURRR COLDWATER == STELLHORN AM I RITE GUYZ

Yeah, I flubbed that one. But, I got to refill my McD's soda, so it worked out. Also, I can report that, clearance-wise, Stellhorn's Target has a lot of printers and jack shit else.

I'll hit up Coldwater's Target tomorrow after work and will likely buy precisely one GC Memcard, as I only own third party memcards for the Cube. Do drop a message if you guys plunder those cards before I get off work sos I don't need to waste mah time.[/QUOTE]
I still remember the old Stellhorn Target and how freaking small it was (I've been there since 1983), then it became the best Target in town (until the one on Coldwater expanded). But lol, I always see lots of cheap printers at Target. Got one of mine there, and it sure was crap, lol.

[quote name='RollingSkull']The Fort Wayne CC also has a few 360 clearance games left. No fucking VT3, but they have Rumble Roses XX and a few sports games. Check the bottom of the Xbox bin.

I think I'm gonna head out right now and get those 251 GC memcards.[/QUOTE]

they never carried VT3 i checked last monday (june 25) for the gamecrazy flip and all they had was DOAX2

Isn't Phantasy Star Universe for 360 on sale (or in the bin)? I can't remember, but that was a game I was maybe wanting, since I somewhat enjoyed the beta (well, I was going to play offline anyway).

I'm sure enough that there was no PSU 360 in the CC clearance bins at any of the numerous times I checked that I would say with some degree of certainty that it ain't worth the effort for you to check.

Irony: I only just played the VT3 demo at BB a week or so back and now I wants me some VT3 bad. If only for the music, otherwise, Mario Tennis would do me just fine.

Also, I'm not married to those GC Memcards, so if anyone else wants to call dibs, I wouldn't mind the excuse to NOT buy them.

Also, I'm not married to those GC Memcards, so if anyone else wants to call dibs, I wouldn't mind the excuse to NOT buy them.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I'm sure enough that there was no PSU 360 in the CC clearance bins at any of the numerous times I checked that I would say with some degree of certainty that it ain't worth the effort for you to check.

Irony: I only just played the VT3 demo at BB a week or so back and now I wants me some VT3 bad. If only for the music, otherwise, Mario Tennis would do me just fine.

Also, I'm not married to those GC Memcards, so if anyone else wants to call dibs, I wouldn't mind the excuse to NOT buy them.[/QUOTE]
I was also thinking about running out to grab one of those Memcards. If I can't grab one, I might go to TRU and see if I can have them pricematch from their own site. I have a printout from the 75% off sale for the 1019 card. I could also try pricematching that at CC. Maybe I should try to pick up one of those instead? Does Target pricematch? It just occurred to me to try them while I'm there.

I thought Target did price matching, but I don't remember exactly.

Before, I could really use more GC memory cards. However, I just downsized my GC collection from 31 games to 11 games, so I'm fine with just one memory card 251.

I just got back from doing some running around. I got to the target by glenbrook at around twenty minutes after they opened and didn't find those memory cards. I then spent some time in glenbrook doing laps around the place till CC opened. They didn't have any of those mp3 players. I struck out today.

2 or 3 years ago target stopped price matching. they were one of the first majors to do so. so unless they have changed there mind in the last 6 months then no they dont.

[quote name='floormat']2 or 3 years ago target stopped price matching. they were one of the first majors to do so. so unless they have changed there mind in the last 6 months then no they dont.[/QUOTE]
I didn't even bother trying. Neither of the targets in town had any Nintendo brand mem cards. I was thinking about going to TRU, but I really don't need to spend the money right now.

The clearance at the glenbrook target wasn't that bad. The one at maplecrest didn't really have much. The only interesting thing I saw there was a two sets of diecast Transformers for $9.

I would check craigslist. They might have some. I would also look for stores going out of business and try to buy their showcases if they have them. If that doesn't work, you could ask some of the local stores where they got their showcases.

I wouldn't mind getting some showcases if I ever have the room for them, but that's a long ways away.

Watch the newspaper classifieds for auction notices. You're looking for a "fixtures sale". They usually do them whenever a retail shop goes out of business to get rid of the racks and showcases and such. They usually have these kind of auctions in the middle of the week to discourage people who aren't serious buyers.

I'll also check at my work. We just bought out a smaller store in OH, we may have some cases in the fixtures pile. How much are you willing to spend?

[quote name='arbiter']Watch the newspaper classifieds for auction notices. You're looking for a "fixtures sale". They usually do them whenever a retail shop goes out of business to get rid of the racks and showcases and such. They usually have these kind of auctions in the middle of the week to discourage people who aren't serious buyers.

I'll also check at my work. We just bought out a smaller store in OH, we may have some cases in the fixtures pile. How much are you willing to spend?[/QUOTE]

Funny thing about glass showcases. My cousin needs one for her shop and saw that Ks were going OOB. Saw the nice piece said like 400 bucks and though okay 400 bucks isnt bad

They thought they was going to get the long piece but for 400 bucks it was just the VERY TINY corner piece. The long piece was like 1200 bucks. She said that was almost doubled what they cost new LOL dont know if true or not . but found it funny Ks prices

I've never even seen a GameCrazy before. Is it a good place to shop? Or is it just a good place to pick up the stuff other CAGs flip from clearances?

[quote name='RollingSkull']I've never even seen a GameCrazy before. Is it a good place to shop? Or is it just a good place to pick up the stuff other CAGs flip from clearances?[/QUOTE]There are two Game Crazy locations in Fort Wayne. One is off of St. Joe Center Rd. and that other is around Dupont (on Coldwater I believe). I rarely go there since they are too far away. Sometimes they have some good deals.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']There are two Game Crazy locations in Fort Wayne. One is off of St. Joe Center Rd. and that other is around Dupont (on Coldwater I believe). I rarely go there since they are too far away. Sometimes they have some good deals.[/QUOTE]

wonder why Video stop decided to sell those 2 stores to hollywood. It wouldnt shock me to see the video stop on west state become a hollywood video store in the future (or even close) since it seems family video is kicking their asses.

most new release movies they are only getting 1 to 3 copies now compair a year ago they would got 10 to 20 just like family... I hope a hollywood video would take them over (would rather have a hollywood video then video stop

I remembered that old Game Exchange (or whatever it was called) inside of Video Stop. At the time I went there, they had next to no games (I went to the one on Maplecrest and West State). I remember going to the one on West State and it was like some ghetto. I never rented at Video Stop, since they were far away (only went to Blockbuster).

I still miss the old days when Phar-Mor(sp) was around. I use to rent all my games there (The year 1994 and before) for a low price, and they had a good selection of SNES, Genesis, Gameboy, and NES games.

Other news around town (which most of you probably know), I was a little surprised on the news to hear which Scott's and Kroger locations were closing (due to Kroger buying Scott's). I initially thought they were going to close a location at Dupont, Maplecrest, Coventry, and around the southside of town (I can't understand why they have two stores right across the street from one another), but it looks like most locations which are closing are outside of Allen County (Except for the Kroger on State, near Downtown).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I remembered that old Game Exchange (or whatever it was called) inside of Video Stop. At the time I went there, they had next to no games (I went to the one on Maplecrest and West State). I remember going to the one on West State and it was like some ghetto. I never rented at Video Stop, since they were far away (only went to Blockbuster).

I still miss the old days when Phar-Mor(sp) was around. I use to rent all my games there (The year 1994 and before) for a low price, and they had a good selection of SNES, Genesis, Gameboy, and NES games.

Other news around town (which most of you probably know), I was a little surprised on the news to hear which Scott's and Kroger locations were closing (due to Scott's buying Kroger). I initially thought they were going to close a location at Dupont, Maplecrest, Coventry, and around the southside of town (I can't understand why they have two stores right across the street from one another), but it looks like most locations which are closing are outside of Allen County (Except for the Kroger on State, near Downtown).[/QUOTE]

other way around there : ) Krogers took over all the scotts. Krogers must be rolling in money cause they took over 70+ super markets in mich as well.

expect the dupont one to close down (either one of them , they wont have 2 of them accross the road from one another. The 5 listed today I guess was in major losses and the rest of them will be shut down in a few months

i could never stand the krogers on spy run always seemed run down.

yea i miss phar mor, i still got a 4 draw file cabnet i got off them for like 22.50 (when they cost like 150 to 200 back then everyplace else) They were closing down their office stuff.

Game Exchange had some major flaws they didnt want to look at and that is why they went belly up.

1. most of their games were outdated price wise. I got games off ebay for like 3 to 4 bucks each and sold them to them for like 22 to 30 each. They had dreamcast games for like 45 bucks where on ebay they were 5

2, The only had a 24 hour return warrenty. compair to 30 days at mcvans. Half of the games didnt even work when you tried them.

3. the people they had working there had no clue about video games.

4. They never advertised.

5.. Trade fees were just insane (like mcvans)

6... their stores wasnt link.. Meaning you could go into one store buy a game for like 15 and take it to another store and sell it back for 30 LOL

by the time i got done swapping out games i got 3 gba systems and around 300 buck gift card within a few months for free

i remember seeing the signs saying they are closing down and talking to a manager telling them IF they hired me and let me run the thing i wanted to (with touraments ect ) I promiss to turn a profit or i would pay them so much money. dude look at me and said

Sounds like too much work.

even though they didnt have to do a thing. they still passed on the idea

personally i think they thought it was hurting their rental side of the company.

South Side Wal-Mart (off Tillman, across from K-mart)
Has a decent electonics mark down kiosk in the isle in front of the photo area.
6 or so EyeToy for PS2 (silver version w/ no game) $18
Probably between 6 to 12 Max Media Dock for DS $24 each.

I also saw Xbox360 bags, some component cables, and PSP accessories.

[quote name='slidecage']other way around there : ) Krogers took over all the scotts. Krogers must be rolling in money cause they took over 70+ super markets in mich as well.

expect the dupont one to close down (either one of them , they wont have 2 of them accross the road from one another. The 5 listed today I guess was in major losses and the rest of them will be shut down in a few months

i could never stand the krogers on spy run always seemed run down.

yea i miss phar mor, i still got a 4 draw file cabnet i got off them for like 22.50 (when they cost like 150 to 200 back then everyplace else) They were closing down their office stuff.

Game Exchange had some major flaws they didnt want to look at and that is why they went belly up.

1. most of their games were outdated price wise. I got games off ebay for like 3 to 4 bucks each and sold them to them for like 22 to 30 each. They had dreamcast games for like 45 bucks where on ebay they were 5

2, The only had a 24 hour return warrenty. compair to 30 days at mcvans. Half of the games didnt even work when you tried them.

3. the people they had working there had no clue about video games.

4. They never advertised.

5.. Trade fees were just insane (like mcvans)

6... their stores wasnt link.. Meaning you could go into one store buy a game for like 15 and take it to another store and sell it back for 30 LOL

by the time i got done swapping out games i got 3 gba systems and around 300 buck gift card within a few months for free

i remember seeing the signs saying they are closing down and talking to a manager telling them IF they hired me and let me run the thing i wanted to (with touraments ect ) I promiss to turn a profit or i would pay them so much money. dude look at me and said

Sounds like too much work.

even though they didnt have to do a thing. they still passed on the idea

personally i think they thought it was hurting their rental side of the company.[/QUOTE]I could have sworn I said Kroger buying Scott's. Oops, my mistake, because my Mom told me one week I came home from college the news. Yeah, the Kroger on Spy Run is crap. I remembered when the store first opened when I was a kid, and it was really nice inside (compared to the one next to the old Target, on Mapplecrest).

The only reason I found out about Game Exchange was their commercials, on trading up. I always felt their selection was terrible and prices sucked, which is why I never bothered with them. And yeah, their values on games was messed up (I remember seeing a really crappy Dreamcast game at top level).

I swear, whoever designed the roads in this town deserves a few choice words.

Also, I PMed a 25% off CC clearance at CC, and getting $3 from them was akin to pulling teeth. The Asst. Manager lady was quite impolite.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I swear, whoever designed the roads in this town deserves a few choice words.

Also, I PMed a 25% off CC clearance at CC, and getting $3 from them was akin to pulling teeth. The Asst. Manager lady was quite impolite.[/QUOTE]

i never tried going back to get a price adjustment at CC for the 4 games i got 2 weeks back. I doubt they will give it. Might stop by tonight or tomorrow (whenever my blockbuster movies come in)

so i can hit blockbuster and then CC (not worth 3 bucks in gas just to be told no we are not price adjusting ) what i think they will say

2 copies of Just cause and DOAX2 got so it owuld be around 17 back

[quote name='RollingSkull']I swear, whoever designed the roads in this town deserves a few choice words.

Also, I PMed a 25% off CC clearance at CC, and getting $3 from them was akin to pulling teeth. The Asst. Manager lady was quite impolite.[/QUOTE]The roads in Fort Wayne are horribly designed for a fact, especially around Jefferson and Getz. Also, not sure if you driven on Lake Avenue or State St. (between Anthony and Coliseum). Those roads are so freaking narrow, I hate to be on them.

Some CC employees are bad at ours. I remember once asking for a game that was advertised and they knew nothing about it (I guarantee it was in the back, since that was the case at all other stores I went to, but I had it PM anyway). Although, the one guy that allowed me to PM Sears ad error over Sonic Rivals on PSP was pretty cool (no questions asked).

Has anybody hit up the local Big Lots lately? The one near the big outdoors mall sucked eggs in the games/dvds department last I checked, but it has been a while since I hit up either that or the Stellhorn one. Have those mythical anime DVDs hit either store? Any phat lewts at all?

[quote name='RollingSkull']Has anybody hit up the local Big Lots lately? The one near the big outdoors mall sucked eggs in the games/dvds department last I checked, but it has been a while since I hit up either that or the Stellhorn one. Have those mythical anime DVDs hit either store? Any phat lewts at all?[/QUOTE]
I checked the Big lots on Stellhorn I think around last week. I really didn't see too much. The only anime that I recall seeing was Cyborg009 for $2. I forget which disk. I'm waiting for them to do a restock.

I have gotten some good disks from biglots, but I'm not sure if I'm going to continue buying them since they don't seem to ever get more of a series. I have the first disk of Agento Soma and Gungrave, but I've never seen anymore there. It seems like they only get random disks from different animes.

I think I'll also mention that the Walmart on Maysville has Wavebirds on clearance for $23. I passed since I thought was a little much for clearance. I saw 3 of them yesterday.

used to go to big lots around 3 to 4 times a week when it was on goshen since it was so close. Now i go about 1 or 2 times per year since its so far.

Hey guys, Meijer has an ad with some good coupons in it.

It is a certain dollar amount off of a certain priced item. This is for one item at the price not your total purchase. I bought a 360 game last night. Got $10 off. If you don't get the ads they have them in the front of the store with the coupons in them. They are good from 7/12/07 til 7/14/07.

$3 off $14.97

$5 off $24.97

$10 off $49.97

$15 off $74.97

Actually, the Meijer's in Fort Wayne got those coupons earlier than Indy. From what I found out though, we get our ads on Sunday (that's when deals start), while Indy starts in the middle of the week. I've noticed that with sales (go there and it isn't on sale yet).

I go to Big Lots a lot for household cleaning stuff and that sort of thing. Sometimes they're a good place to get AV / Computer cables, and it if you watch the movie pile, you can somtimes find some ok second rate or just overstocked PC games for $5 or $6.

walmart on coldwater has Gameboy mirco start sets for 1.00

grabbed 2 left 7 behind but people were grabbing them like crazy when they said 1.00

6 GbA cases. a face cover for the micro ear phones and a case

Thanks for the heads up on the Meijer coupons. Lucked out today since the guy used the $15 coupon (he had stacks of them from previous purchases), which brought the PS3 game down to $47.69 all together. I don't know if it rang up automatically or if he did a manual over-ride, though, since he should've used the $10 off coupon, but I wasn't about to complain.

Could you guys run a few suggestions by me on those Meijer's coupons? I've never ever even seen a Meijer's before coming up here...

Well RollingSkull, the sale is already over in Fort Wayne (went from Sunday to Tuesday). Meijer is a lot like Wal-Mart, but better IMO. Well, at least in my part of Fort Wayne, cleaner (My Wal-Mart is a mess) and so on. Every once in a while, Meijer has deals where you can use coupons off of general merchandise (15-20%, Summer/Santa bucks, etc.). Their deals aren't as good as they use to be (other than around President's Day), but still good. They use to run sales where if you buy one game, you get another half off. They'd also have coupons, and I'd stack them, getting two $40 games together for $51. Meijer is where I buy the majority of my PS3 games, to save money.

Probably doesn't help me much then. I only buy for my DS, PS2, and OCCASIONALLY Wii, and even then only at Cheap-ass prices.

Thanks for the heads-up though.

Okay, fine, so I DIDN'T find 10 R&C Size Matters at BB for $10 and buy all of them for flipping at GC, but don't tell the rest of the forums that. I wanna to get a rise outta someone! :p

lol, I had no idea there was a deal, but I already have the game.

Tomorrow, I'm going out to EB Games to pick up a preorder and Best Buy, around Jefferson Pointe, just after 2pm maybe (not too sure yet about the time).

Bah, I'm there once a week; I have nothing better to do because I keep sleeping in too late on weekends to visit the zoo. A whole buncha nothing. The Big Lots out there restocked though, with a smidge of anime, but nothing that caught my eye.

Your not as bored as me I bet. I just sit around my house and do absolutely nothing but play games all day. I can't wait until I get back to college so I'm actually doing something productive. All my old friends moved away, so I have nothing to do.

While I was at the EB at Jefferson Pointe, around 3PM, I saw a few Nintendo Wii's there, when I was picking up TotW: RM on PSP. I'm starting to see the Wii around more lately. One day, I'll pick it up.

Too late. Already bought them and flipped them at GameCrazy! SERIOUS CREDIT YO

Anyway, anyone who AT ALL liked Mission Impossible 64 needs to hightail it to Best Buy at Coloseum and nab Th3 Plan (PS2) for $10. Not the best game ever, but it is fun stuff to anyone who likes slow-paced, inoffensive yet unimpressive B-level games.

bread's done
Back