inFAMOUS $53.99 @ Amazon

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Thanks. I just read the fine print. Don't know how I missed that. That's kind of a crappy way of doing things. It's like telling someone to go to the back of the line if they want to use a coupon. Maybe I'll just try that Prime trial for the 2-day shipping.[/QUOTE]

You should def try prime. It gives you release date shipping on most big name titles - if they offer it, and 2 day shipping is awesome, ships out same day as you order granted you do it before the late afternoon. I've been using prime trial for almost the past 8-9 months lol. From 3month trials to month to month trials, been playing the system by signing up different amazon accts, getting prime membership and inviting myself again lol. I really need to buy it though.

[quote name='aznguyen316']You should def try prime. It gives you release date shipping on most big name titles - if they offer it, and 2 day shipping is awesome, ships out same day as you order granted you do it before the late afternoon. I've been using prime trial for almost the past 8-9 months lol. From 3month trials to month to month trials, been playing the system by signing up different amazon accts, getting prime membership and inviting myself again lol. I really need to buy it though.[/QUOTE]

ya if its free why not. i just wouldnt pay for it considering it seems wasteful. i personally can wait a couple of extra days. whats the rush that people are willing to pay for a service for faster shipping.

[quote name='(psp)snake']ya if its free why not. i just wouldnt pay for it considering it seems wasteful. i personally can wait a couple of extra days. whats the rush that people are willing to pay for a service for faster shipping.[/QUOTE]

Some people are impatient, some are not. Some people would gladly pay for Prime service, some would not.

Congratulations, you are not impatient and not willing to pay for prime. I am baking your cookies as we speak.

I, on the other hand, AM impatient. I love the Prime service since I order so much from Amazon, that IMO, it pays for itself.

I loved the Demo of Infamous, so definitely purchasing this bad boy.

[quote name='Xiemos']Some people are impatient, some are not. Some people would gladly pay for Prime service, some would not.

Congratulations, you are not impatient and not willing to pay for prime. I am baking your cookies as we speak.

I, on the other hand, AM impatient. I love the Prime service since I order so much from Amazon, that IMO, it pays for itself.

I loved the Demo of Infamous, so definitely purchasing this bad boy.[/QUOTE]

cookies, beta be oatmeal and chocolate.

Argh!!! So, I have Amazon Prime and got in on the Release Date delivery and the Amazon shipping info says it will be delivered on 5/26 but when I go to the ups.com tracking info they state it will be delivered on 5/27!?!?!

I know it's one day but probably also means I have to wait 2 days to play it rather than Tuesday night given my schedule.

Just ordered it with my Amazon Prime trial, should be here Thur/Fri, which is fine, because I have my hands full with TF2 at the moment.

I got Prime last year and its scheduled to renew at the end of this month. It is expensive but considering how much I've bought at Amazon, it has paid for itself. I never truly bought online until I got prime because I hated the wait. I love buying something and having it delivered to my work the next day. It was an incredibly smart move by Amazon and they are now my choice to purchase almost exclusively. Case in point, last year, before Prime, I became a Best Buy silver member spending over 3 grand with them. Since I signed up for prime last year, my total spent with best buy in the past year has been a whopping $25. Infamous is my latest purchase and it'll be delivered to my work Tuesday. Love it

I'll be satisfied with my 3 month trial for now, 2 x free 2-day shipping has saved me $15-20 and 10 days or so already :D

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Thanks. I just read the fine print. Don't know how I missed that. That's kind of a crappy way of doing things. It's like telling someone to go to the back of the line if they want to use a coupon. Maybe I'll just try that Prime trial for the 2-day shipping.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt call it a coupon per se, Its more like the express line at a theme park that people pay extra for.

[quote name='woodcan']Argh!!! So, I have Amazon Prime and got in on the Release Date delivery and the Amazon shipping info says it will be delivered on 5/26 but when I go to the ups.com tracking info they state it will be delivered on 5/27!?!?!

I know it's one day but probably also means I have to wait 2 days to play it rather than Tuesday night given my schedule.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you scared me for a bit so I checked my delivery date. 5/26, they shipped it out on Friday for me to make up for today's holiday, so I'll have it in tomorrow since it's already in the state. Great for me b/c I'm off Tues as well but busy all Wed, so then I'd have to wait til Thursday lol. I sound desperate.

btw family video has it for $52.99

i bit and bought it from amazon though just because. i really do not care about the home costume because home sucks big time. i dont understand people that pay for pixels on their character in home

Changed my list and tried to do the recommendations trick, but sadly inFAMOUS didn't show up today. Ordered it anyway, since it's the last day to preorder and get the sale price. Can't wait!

[quote name='(psp)snake']btw family video has it for $52.99

i bit and bought it from amazon though just because. i really do not care about the home costume because home sucks big time. i dont understand people that pay for pixels on their character in home[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I don't think the home costume is worth it. But for those of us with the 10% ECA discount, it comes down to $47.99 with Amazon. I dunno how the shipping is with FV, but if you ordered early enough from Amazon you could have it delivered on the release date as an added bonus.

The home costume sucks but people will pay 15-25 bucks for it so in all honesty eca/prime/selling home costume makes infamous preorder from amazon cheapest deal at launch.

Anyone else preorder from Amazon with release date delivery and not have theirs ship yet? My Amazon order page still shows as not yet shipped, but still estimates me getting it tomorrow. Is it possible UPS is actually working today and will pick it up from Amazon?

[quote name='Thrakker']Anyone else preorder from Amazon with release date delivery and not have theirs ship yet? My Amazon order page still shows as not yet shipped, but still estimates me getting it tomorrow. Is it possible UPS is actually working today and will pick it up from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Yup...well, it shows it still not shipped. I'm doubtful it'll be here by the end of the week, at this rate (even with my seperated locationed).

[quote name='mrfossey']Yup...well, it shows it still not shipped. I'm doubtful it'll be here by the end of the week, at this rate (even with my seperated locationed).[/QUOTE]

every amazon purchase takes usually 3-5 days for me. usually 3 days is the typical. so thus or fri for me cause i bought it yesterday and they arent gonna ship it till tomm. i can see it coming fri

Anyone have any idea what will happen to the price after launch? Does Amazon raise the price after launch or will the price still be $54?

[quote name='campbelld']Anyone have any idea what will happen to the price after launch? Does Amazon raise the price after launch or will the price still be $54?[/QUOTE]

well the fact is it just may because they are overstock due to the fact this game went gold like a few weeks ago and they shipped it out in mass quantities or something. i preordered it via amazon because im bored and even though im willing to wait, whats the point because the game probably wont go much lower then $50 for at least a few week or a few months depending on our luck

i see this game either maintaining or going up after release. thats just my educated guess concerning the question. thats also why probably many people got bumped up to release day shipping. amazon like other outlets are just holding onto the shipments till release.

[quote name='campbelld']Anyone have any idea what will happen to the price after launch? Does Amazon raise the price after launch or will the price still be $54?[/QUOTE]

Companies will lower a game's price to move it up the most popular items list on Amazon. So my guess is this will be higher after launch, at least for a while.

I'm a little afraid this game will be a bust as far as sales figures go, after the first month (once gamers who are in the know have made their purchase). Those who aren't in the know have purchased Wolverine and/or Terminator. So if you don't mind waiting a couple of months, you be able to get it cheaper IMO.

[quote name='Thrakker']Anyone else preorder from Amazon with release date delivery and not have theirs ship yet? My Amazon order page still shows as not yet shipped, but still estimates me getting it tomorrow. Is it possible UPS is actually working today and will pick it up from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped last Saturday:lol:

i complained that mine was not shipped yet despite having release date delivery (i have prime and my estimated date is may 28) and they knocked the price down by 50% down to $26.99. after ECA, I'm at $24.29 and i think they bumped me to 1 day delivery. i

[quote name='keit2208']i complained that mine was not shipped yet despite having release date delivery (i have prime and my estimated date is may 28) and they knocked the price down by 50% down to $26.99. after ECA, I'm at $24.29 and i think they bumped me to 1 day delivery. i

my copy was "shipped" Saturday yet it was only picked up in Louisville, KY about an hour ago

it could reach Virginia in time to be delivered today but I'm not counting on it...

[quote name='keit2208']i complained that mine was not shipped yet despite having release date delivery (i have prime and my estimated date is may 28) and they knocked the price down by 50% down to $26.99. after ECA, I'm at $24.29 and i think they bumped me to 1 day delivery. i

Mine is still shown in Louisville, so i emailed Amazon and got the standard '$5 off next purchase' coupon already. So much for release-date delivery..

I caved in and sent a complaint to amazon about infamous possibly coming late and also about a different game that came late.
I received a $5 gift certificate for infamous.

Now the interesting part.
I sent a message to amazon saying something like "I got a game later than the expected shipping date, wth's up with that?" I got a reply saying this:

[quote name='Amazon']I've checked the tracking information and the tracking on carriers website states that the order was delivered on A and also found that it was Delivered to B.

As from your message, I found that you did not received the item "Video Game" from the order.

I've checked your order and see it was placed with "X", a third-party seller on our website. Because "X's" inventory is constantly changing, we can't replace items sold by them that are Fulfilled by Amazon.

Instead, I've requested full refund of $XX.XX for the lost shipment to your Master card. This refund will appear as a credit on your account in the next 2-3 business days.[/QUOTE]

I edited their message because I'm paranoid lol.
I'll of course be replying to amazon correcting their stupid ass mistake but I thought it was quite interesting. :lol:

You should receive the game today....UPS was closed yesterday and they did not update their system. Mine was showing a delivery date of tomorrow. I just checked it again this morning and its out for delivery today. Check again if you havent checked since about 6am. Thats usually the time they update their system.

[quote name='Vampire_Zio']I heard it was a great game but not very long.[/QUOTE]
I heard the opposite. I've heard it is pretty lengthy.

[quote name='Vampire_Zio']I heard it was a great game but not very long.[/QUOTE]

yeah, you may want to look up the facts before you make a posting like that. The Gamespot review says its 30 hours, and you will want to play it again on the opposite side of the good/evil stories.

Sucker Punch has never let me down, this is a must buy.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']yeah, you may want to look up the facts before you make a posting like that. The Gamespot review says its 30 hours, and you will want to play it again on the opposite side of the good/evil stories.

Sucker Punch has never let me down, this is a must buy.[/QUOTE]

The Gamespot review said it's 30 hours for BOTH sides and ALL side quests, not 30 hours per side.

Its a pretty long game considering there are 3 islands and the first island if you want to collect everything will probably take around 7 to 8 hours alone to complete as either side not both. Its pretty amazing game.

[quote name='ikaden']The Gamespot review said it's 30 hours for BOTH sides and ALL side quests, not 30 hours per side.[/QUOTE]

who to believe? i watched 1ups video that they play it for 42 mins. the asian guy says probably 20 hours if u do all the side missions, but 8-10 if u just do the main ones.

gamespot imo are the liers. gota be conservative with the aspect of it because if u think its 30 and gamespot lied what now except for dissapointment

[quote name='hoofrog']You got lucky. I called regarding the same thing and I was told that this title was never offered for release date delivery... wtf? I insisted that it had been offered and I qualify for free release date delivery with Prime. She would not budge and I asked for her supervisor who still insisted that it was never offered as a release date item. I just hung up. Pissed me off.

Delivery date is May 29... I should cancel and reorder today with my standard Prime 2 day and have it a day early. This is the last time I preorder from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

So your upset he got a sick HUGE YMMV deal and you diden't? So what if you missed out like I did on the release date delivery who do you have to blame but yourself. But your right you should preorder from gamestop that charges tax+msrp so amazon can give use smart buyers more discounts and incentives.

[quote name='s2k']So your upset he got a sick HUGE YMMV deal and you diden't? So what if you missed out like I did on the release date delivery who do you have to blame but yourself. But your right you should preorder from gamestop that charges tax+msrp so amazon can give use smart buyers more discounts and incentives.[/QUOTE]

ya people complain about nonsense usually tends to be nothing big. ignorant to say omgzzz i cant get the game on release soo im never ever buying from them again.

working in a retail store i see this crap uphand with them being complainers. when they say they arent gonna shop again im like promise?
companies dont need customers that are gonna complain and threat with stupid things. those customers are trying to get over somehow with the system and screw them over.

[quote name='s2k']So your upset he got a sick HUGE YMMV deal and you diden't? So what if you missed out like I did on the release date delivery who do you have to blame but yourself. But your right you should preorder from gamestop that charges tax+msrp so amazon can give use smart buyers more discounts and incentives.[/QUOTE]

I am not upset because he got a deal, congrats to that. I am upset because I could not get someone competent on the phone at Amazon to acknowledge that the game was offered as a release date delivery item. I use Amazon a lot, that is why I have Prime. This is my first preorder with them, and it will probably be my last.

If I missed that release date delivery cut off, that is fine, my bad... just tell me, but to deny it ever existed, that is my issue.

[quote name='ikaden']The Gamespot review said it's 30 hours for BOTH sides and ALL side quests, not 30 hours per side.[/QUOTE]

Thats easy enough to verify.. watch the video review.. around the 6:10 mark they say "Infamous will take you about 30 hours to finish the quests the first time through, but Infamous is just so darn fun and the moral choices so intriguing that its worth playing through again just to see the events play out from the other prospective"

My source is the gamespot review at:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/infamous/video/6210188/infamous-video-review

Cite your source for what the gamespot review says.. I'm gonna love to see this one..

[quote name='rodeojones903']Been playing it for the last few hours and am really digging it so far.[/QUOTE]

any music in game because the demo didnt really have any
and how far in was the demo in the game

Grabbed this earlier. Should be here soon.
151l1259.jpg

Ugh. I almost dread Amazon's release-day shipping. Obviously skimping on packaging for this "upgrade." Horribly packaged and arrived with the disc loose rattling around in the box. Third time that's happened.

bread's done
Back