inFAMOUS $53.99 @ Amazon

[quote name='2&2']Ugh. I almost dread Amazon's release-day shipping. Obviously skimping on packaging for this "upgrade." Horribly packaged and arrived with the disc loose rattling around in the box. Third time that's happened.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me too

Yeah, mine definitely shipped late. Went out today with next day air. I emailed to ask what happened so we'll see what they say.

I'm pretty bummed with Amazon right now... my package still hasn't shipped, scheduled for June 1st (wtf?)... ordered April 30th.

They also still haven't mailed me my trade in $10 coupon and they received my shipment more than 10 business days ago...

Is Amazon's video game section just going to hell?

[quote name='(psp)snake']any music in game because the demo didnt really have any
and how far in was the demo in the game[/QUOTE]

I didn't play the demo, so I dunno where it was. But for music, it's more chill, orchestrated type of music which I'm loving. What I mean by that is, I felt like it had a very The Dark Knight music feel to it - which I loved, awesome.

For those of you who haven't had their Amazon order ship yet ... why don't you buy it at Target right now to play and then when your Amazon order arrives, return that back to Target?

I pre-ordered this morning at around 3AM EST with 2-Day prime shipping and I have an estimated delivery date of tomorrow.

Not bad. :D

Reminds me of a gritty/non-cartoon crackdown. There are some flaws, but it is so fun you just don't care. Also reminds me of some of the old GTAs where you would just run around causing havoc.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']Same thing happened to me too[/QUOTE]

Yeah, lame. Just shipped in a very thin brown paper "envelope". I could hear the disc rattle as soon as it was handed to me. I didn't open mine and I'm sending it back on their dime for a replacement. I'd rather wait an extra day than get one packed worse than usual, which isn't always great anyway.

[quote name='chuckywang']For those of you who haven't had their Amazon order ship yet ... why don't you buy it at Target right now to play and then when your Amazon order arrives, return that back to Target?[/QUOTE]
Just an fyi some Targets have "target" stickers on their video games and wont accept items for return without it. Might be better to go to BB or Walmart.

[quote name='chuckywang']For those of you who haven't had their Amazon order ship yet ... why don't you buy it at Target right now to play and then when your Amazon order arrives, return that back to Target?[/QUOTE]

Well, sometimes Target gets games with slightly different bonuses or slightly different packaging, like a comic or something else inside and the UPC is different.

[quote name='2&2']Yeah, lame. Just shipped in a very thin brown paper "envelope". I could hear the disc rattle as soon as it was handed to me. I didn't open mine and I'm sending it back on their dime for a replacement. I'd rather wait an extra day than get one packed worse than usual, which isn't always great anyway.[/QUOTE]
Why? I'm sure they didn't toss it around before packaging it. Plus it's a Blu-Ray disc so it won't scratch. Man, your just wasting time doing this and will probably get the same thing again. :whee:

[quote name='sonicradiation']Got my copy yesterday - this game is SO awesome! It actually made me play my PS3 again.[/QUOTE]
Same here, got it yesterday with FSSS. Great game!!!

[quote name='KongaKing']Anyone get their Home-Code yet?[/QUOTE]Not yet. I believe it's supposed to arrive 10-14 days after the release of the game.

I dident get my home code yet but my killzone 2 home code was sent like a full week after the game came out so i wasn't expecting it until next week.

[quote name='ZildjianKX']Man, Amazon still hasn't shipped mine yet. I'm not sure if I'm ever going to buy a videogame from them again (pre-ordered in April).[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that. I've had great experiences with Amazon with pre-orders so far. Between this and KZ2, I received the games between 2 to 3 days after the release date. Try calling customer service and ask them what's up.

He probably used free shipping like mine, still not shipped Amazon has gotten worse this year if you use free shipping. I'm not really happy either I don't think I will buying from them after this anytime soon. It's been in shpping process for 3 days still not shipped. I would have cancelled if I could but once its in there awful shipping process it can't be cancelled. I have been a long time supporter of Amazon, but that like their quality free shipping is over.

[quote name='tightclaws']He probably used free shipping like mine, still not shipped Amazon has gotten worse this year if you use free shipping. I'm not really happy either I don't think I will buying from them after this anytime soon. It's been in shpping process for 3 days still not shipped. I would have cancelled if I could but once its in there awful shipping process it can't be cancelled. I have been a long time supporter of Amazon, but that like their quality free shipping is over.[/QUOTE]

Yup, you're right... their super saver has gotten worse (which is what I used). I didn't have any problem with KZ2, this is the first bad experience for me...

I would have cancelled by now too, but like you said, once you're in their shopping processing hell, you're stuck.

Actually, I still haven't gotten my trade in coupon from them after 28 days... I think Amazon is just going to hell.

Their super saver shipping has gotten much better for me now that they opened up new distribution centers nearby.

I usually get it pretty quick. Like for inFamous. I pre-ordered it Monday this week, got it at my house 2 days later.

[quote name='Mr Peanut']Their super saver shipping has gotten much better for me now that they opened up new distribution centers nearby.

I usually get it pretty quick. Like for inFamous. I pre-ordered it Monday this week, got it at my house 2 days later.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I think most people should stop complaining because they chose FSSS. It clearly states 5-9 days. Just because it is getting prepared or the game is already out doesn't mean they will or should ship it ASAP. They probably focus their resources on other things and get to the FSSS on time as promised(5-9 days!) If you don't like it choose a different shipping option and pay more or buy retail and pay even more. Jeez:roll:

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Same here. I think most people should stop complaining because they chose FSSS. It clearly states 5-9 days. Just because it is getting prepared or the game is already out doesn't mean they will or should ship it ASAP. They probably focus their resources on other things and get to the FSSS on time as promised(5-9 days!) If you don't like it choose a different shipping option and pay more or buy retail and pay even more. Jeez:roll:[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, but they've never been this slow before. I just won't be buying any games from them with free super saver shipping.

The messed up part is that I have coworkers who pre-ordered on Monday with FSSS, already have had the game delivered... I pre-ordered a month ago and I'm still waiting. I wish Amazon would at least be consistent.

Lesson learned I guess.

It's like rolling the dice when you choose FSSS. Sometimes you get it as fast as normal shipping, and other times you have to wait forever. I've experienced both. I'm currently going through a long wait on Punch Out for Wii.

Too many complaints about Amazon's FSSS service. I went with NewEgg, who is selling it at same price and free UPS 3-day shipping so I have tracking. Should be getting my copy in today.

[quote name='Murdoc']I think the price went back up.[/QUOTE]

Strangely they now just discounted it by $0.50 to $53.49.

I complained and got bumped up to standard shipping. The order then showed an arrival time of 14 days from now... since that order hadn't been processed for shipping, I went ahead and cancelled out the order. Maybe I'll wait until it's a deal of the day... I'll just go home and play Sly Cooper :)

About to order it.. ECA + Prime ftw

between amazon having a game 5-6 cheaper than retail, and ECA, its like getting a new game for $48, which is almost the same as having a gamestop 20% coupon + 10% edge deal for a used game.

hey guys, been playing this game and its so good! anyhow i'd like to gameshare the gigawat blades dlc code for the Amazon Home code(need one for my friend) if you're interested let me know, PM me! also i will be giving out a spare Uncharted beta code soon here!

[quote name='darkd75']Got mine yesterday and I ordered it on Monday w/ FSSS.[/QUOTE]

well i ordered mine on sunday(which they dont ship till tuesday anyway) with free super shipping bs. amazon imo just throws ur package in low priority when u do that because my esitmated delivery date was june 4th.

they gave me a usps tracking number and its like in idle or something and they charged me back on tuesday when they claimed they shipped it.
just to let u no it wasnt only infamous, i also orderded speedo goggles. whoop whoop:bouncy:

ive noticed mixed time frames with amazon. i got stuff as early as 3 days, and this would be my latest package. i dont mind it of course because im patient and what do i expect for free. but ya, just throwing my experience out there

[quote name='(psp)snake']

ive noticed mixed time frames with amazon. i got stuff as early as 3 days, and this would be my latest package. i dont mind it of course because im patient and what do i expect for free. but ya, just throwing my experience out there[/QUOTE]

I often experience similar with amazon. But as you said its free so im not complaining.

[quote name='(psp)snake']well i ordered mine on sunday(which they dont ship till tuesday anyway) with free super shipping bs. amazon imo just throws ur package in low priority when u do that because my esitmated delivery date was june 4th.

they gave me a usps tracking number and its like in idle or something and they charged me back on tuesday when they claimed they shipped it.
just to let u no it wasnt only infamous, i also orderded speedo goggles. whoop whoop:bouncy:

ive noticed mixed time frames with amazon. i got stuff as early as 3 days, and this would be my latest package. i dont mind it of course because im patient and what do i expect for free. but ya, just throwing my experience out there[/QUOTE]

My order was also marked June something, but I called Amazon three days ago and they said don't worry it's shipping today and I got it on Friday.

[quote name='jling84']My order was also marked June something, but I called Amazon three days ago and they said don't worry it's shipping today and I got it on Friday.[/QUOTE]

ya im really doubting that its really gonna be june 4th when i get it considering i preordered it back last sunday. thats like 10 day shipping. ive also noticed with amazon that they tend to be very conservative with the estimated shipping dates probably due to complainers.

[quote name='(psp)snake']ya im really doubting that its really gonna be june 4th when i get it considering i preordered it back last sunday. thats like 10 day shipping. ive also noticed with amazon that they tend to be very conservative with the estimated shipping dates probably due to complainers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm noticing that too. For instance, I have a shipping date estimate for BlazBlue on July 6 for 2 day shipping, and the game comes out on the 30th of June...

[quote name='h3ro']Anyone get their Home code yet?[/QUOTE]

Got my home code this morning via email. Put it up on ebay and it sold in a minute lol $12 made back hahaha. So uh my game comes out to about $37 or so =D

Is this game really that good -- or is it that there's so little 1st party stuff for the PS3 (compared to 360) that people tend to get overexcited?

[quote name='bsesb2003']Is this game really that good -- or is it that there's so little 1st party stuff for the PS3 (compared to 360) that people tend to get overexcited?[/QUOTE]
For me, this isn't a case of fanboy-goggles. This game is just pure fun, plain and simple. Rarely do I finish games or want to play them again after if I've completed them. I will play inFamous again as a baddie.

I'm playing through it being infamous and then will replay it again being a hero. Its really not that hard since when i did the tutorial it asked me to change the difficultly to hard and ive played it so far through hard and its not like COD WAW's Veteran which took me days to get through a 3 hour campaign mode.

[quote name='bsesb2003']Is this game really that good -- or is it that there's so little 1st party stuff for the PS3 (compared to 360) that people tend to get overexcited?[/QUOTE]

naw it's a generally good game. And say what doesn't Sony have more 1st 2nd party titles - at least in quality? I dunno either way I have an xbox 360 as well but enjoy games. This is legit.

I've got all three systems along with a gaming PC. I've moved from Plants vs. Zombies, and pretty much have only been playing this (besides a little punch-out here and there).

I've heard it said, I've said it, and I'll say it again. If you sit down and look at each element, sound, graphics, controls, and story each has its flaws. However, the key elements of the game are done very well IMO. Plus it has an excellent check point system. You add it all together and about 90% of people are really going to enjoy it. I'm hoping they sell enough to do another one.

I haven't had this much fun with an action game since the first God of War game came out.

bread's done
Back