inFAMOUS $53.99 @ Amazon

IGNs review is really glowing but it is an exclusive review so take it with a grain of salt. I'm pretty hyped for it though. When does the demo come out for everyone?

[quote name='genfuyung']IGNs review is really glowing but it is an exclusive review so take it with a grain of salt. I'm pretty hyped for it though. When does the demo come out for everyone?[/QUOTE]

IIRC, May 21.

I'm quite excited, but I am waiting to try the demo first. And I can wait a couple weeks for (hopefully) a better deal.

I tried the demo and that put me over the edge. I was heavily considering it because of the Uncharted 2 MP beta, but to spend $60 or so for a beta seemed...dumb. But the demo was great and I know I'll enjoy the full game.

[quote name='Mixer236']Agreed. I pre-ordered mostly because I wanted in the Uncharted beta, but the demo blew me away. Should be a great game
00.gif
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I found the demo to be pretty damn solid as well, which kind of surprised me. I don't mind paying full price for this one, looks worth it to me.

This popped up in my gold box and i ordered it (as I do many pre-orders in my goldbox since I can easily cancel them) and I looked at the order today. With the ECA discount it comes down to a little under $46!!

[quote name='prateeko']This popped up in my gold box and i ordered it (as I do many pre-orders in my goldbox since I can easily cancel them) and I looked at the order today. With the ECA discount it comes down to a little under $46!![/QUOTE]

I always hear of people getting really new games in their goldbox. Is there any method to do this? Also is this the general gold box or the video game deal of the day thingy? I always get dumb things like kitchenware and maybe some DVDs at best in my gold box.

[quote name='bmachine']Just got an email from Amazon upgrading my shipping to free release date delivery![/QUOTE]

how did you get this? i never get release date delivery because i figure i could wait a week and save 5 to 10 dollars since i buy so many new releases from amazon (it adds up).

i was on the fence about this game, but when i saw amazon offering it for 53.99 plus i got a gold box deal on it so it came out to be 51.99 or so i jumped at it.

[quote name='andjuan']For those with access to the demo, how does this game compare to Crackdown? I love me some Crackdown.[/QUOTE]

IMO it's MUCH better. Crackdown was fun and all but beyond the story mission there was nothing to do but races and orbs/stat levels. And the story mode wasn't that great anyway. Sure exploration was fun and it was an over the top game, but it lacked substance. This game may not be as over the top (based on the demo anyway), but it's full of substance with a ton of sidequests (so I hear, the demo just had 1).

[quote name='Morphine']The answer is yes, I also got same email[/QUOTE]

Oh well, Prime doesnt work here but the Super Saver Shipping does.

Could someone please clarify a PS3 "region-free" issue for me? If I buy the UK version of InFamous from Shopto.net (I really want the special edition version), will I be able to view the game on a standard-definition NTSC TV in the US? Or are PAL PS3 Games only viewable on NTSC HDTV's? (I'm buying an HDTV, but not until the end of July at the earliest). Thanks.

[quote name='pochi26']Do you need Amazon Prime to get release date delivery?[/QUOTE]

No; but it'll cost ya' $5.98. However, with the game costing me $48.xx after the ECA discount, I'll gladly pay $6 to have it on day one--I can't wait for this game!

[quote name='AwRy108']No; but it'll cost ya' $5.98. However, with the game costing me $48.xx after the ECA discount, I'll gladly pay $6 to have it on day one--I can't wait for this game![/QUOTE]

Thanks but for me its $25 so I will be patient.

[quote name='RudyPants']You always take IGN's exclusive reviews with a grain of salt (I'm looking at the GTA IV review). But it did get me interested in the game, so as soon as other reviews start to trickle out I might be willing to grab this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't trust Greg Miller's or that other guy they have now taste in games at all. the 10/10 for GTA4 is laughable. What does Lost and the Damned get if GTA4 is 10/10 is Lost and Damned a 15/10?

GTA4 is a fine game, but it's a solid 8.5 not a near perfect 10. Lost and damned just highlighted all the mistakes in GTA4.

IMO Infamous looks decent, but it reminds me a LOT of Psi Ops. A decent game but IDK about "almost perfect"

[quote name='luxarific']Could someone please clarify a PS3 "region-free" issue for me? If I buy the UK version of InFamous from Shopto.net (I really want the special edition version), will I be able to view the game on a standard-definition NTSC TV in the US? Or are PAL PS3 Games only viewable on NTSC HDTV's? (I'm buying an HDTV, but not until the end of July at the earliest). Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the signal will be scrambled if you try playing it on a standard def television. It works on an HDTV because HDMI only has one signaling standard. That's the way I've heard the PAL version of Siren is anyways, so I imagine all PAL games will do that. I would stick to the NTSC version if I were you. Or if you're really patient you could buy the PAL version and wait to play it on your HDTV.

[quote name='morphineseason']I'm pretty sure the signal will be scrambled if you try playing it on a standard def television. It works on an HDTV because HDMI only has one signaling standard. That's the way I've heard the PAL version of Siren is anyways, so I imagine all PAL games will do that. I would stick to the NTSC version if I were you. Or if you're really patient you could buy the PAL version and wait to play it on your HDTV.[/QUOTE]

Poo. OK, thanks for the confirmation, morphineseason. I don't mind waiting to play the PAL version of Siren I purchased (haven't had time to unwrap it yet :D), but I'm really dying to play InFamous and waiting an extra two months until the HDTV set I want comes out is just going to be too painful. Guess I'll keep the Amazon pre-order and cancel the Shopto SE. :cry:

Haven't made a day one game purchase in quite awhile, but I am leaning toward it based on the positive buzz and the track record of Sucker Punch, will have to see if the demo puts me over the top when it goes live to the public in a week.

Thanks for ordering Infamous. We wanted to let you know that your copy will come with the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves multiplayer beta voucher, which Sony recently announced would be included in specially stickered packages of Infamous.

From Amazon today. Glad to hear it =)

Got that, too. Can't wait for next Tuesday to get here!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dear Amazon.com Customer,[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks for ordering [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Infamous[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. We wanted to let you know that your copy will come with the [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Uncharted 2: Among Thieves[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] multiplayer beta voucher, which Sony recently announced would be included in specially stickered packages of [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Infamous[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].

The multiplayer beta voucher will be valid only from June 3, 2009, to June 28, 2009, so be sure to keep an eye out for it when you receive your copy of
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Infamous[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

~Amazon.com Video Games Editors
[/FONT]

This game looks awesome! I just got done with the demo and I want more! I think I will have to pull the trigger on this one.

yea i just got that e-mail. I wanted this game at first for the multiplayer beta but after playing the demo iam more excited for the game.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

I ordered my copy on May 11th with FSSS and it says ship date is June 1st and estimated delivery is from the 8th-12th.

WTF? I've never ordered from Amazon before but isn't that a little longer than it should be, especially for a pre-order? The U2 beta will be half over before I even get the game.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']I ordered my copy on May 11th with FSSS and it says ship date is June 1st and estimated delivery is from the 8th-12th.

WTF? I've never ordered from Amazon before but isn't that a little longer than it should be, especially for a pre-order? The U2 beta will be half over before I even get the game.[/QUOTE]

That's FSSS for you. If you have to have an item within a given time line it's probably wise to pay the $2-$3 for shipping.

Does the FSSS explain the ship date though? I can understand a long wait once it ships but I don't get why it wouldn't actually get shipped for a week after it is released.

That's the thing with FSSS. They take longer to process it, not longer to get to you once it's mailed. It tells you this when you check out.

played the demo and this is the first game since legend of the dragoon that i think i will by based on the demo alone considering i didnt follow this title.

im gonna wait it out because i have a feeling it will drop to $40 in the next week online somewhere

lol, mine shipped yesterday and is in a city that's maybe an hour away? I have prime and even though most stuff ships from a center that's only a day away by UPS Ground/USPS, it's worth it for the speedy processing (and no need to get to $25 for free shipping).

Looking forward to this one very much so.

[quote name='Chris.fms']That's the thing with FSSS. They take longer to process it, not longer to get to you once it's mailed. It tells you this when you check out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I just read the fine print. Don't know how I missed that. That's kind of a crappy way of doing things. It's like telling someone to go to the back of the line if they want to use a coupon. Maybe I'll just try that Prime trial for the 2-day shipping.

bread's done
Back