inFAMOUS - Now Available - First Shipments include Uncharted 2 MP Beta

Every new thing that I see about this game makes me want it more and more. At this rate, I'm going to be forced to pre-order it soon.

I think that this is going to be Game of the Year 2009 for me. I know SuckerPunch can do good, as I am a huge huge fan of their Sly series. Every time I see new footage for this game I get more and more excited. Maybe when this is released I get to finally use my PS3 for something other than MGO and watching DVDs. Admittedly, it does both of those things very well, but I'd like it to do a little more.

Wow, I hadn't seen that newest trailer until just now. I've been thinking of this game as a Day One purchase for quite a while now; I think that trailer just clinched it. :drool:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/04/13/infamous-not-releasing-this-june-after-all/

It seems that Infamous was just bumped up to a May 26 release, with the demo coming the Thursday before that on May 21. I'm guessing that they may have planned for a release the week of Prototype's release and changed that when they announced it recently.

They also mention pre-order goodies, like an exclusive power from GameStop or a Reaper costume for Home from Amazon along with early access to the demo two weeks before it comes out on PSN.

If you want to see how the good/bad powers look in action and see a few of the key moments where your decisions to be good or evil matter most, check out Giant Bomb's GDC trailer for the game here. It starts off with good/evil segments before showing off the key moments, so stop before that if you don't want any spoilers.

I'll pre-order with the intention of canceling if it doesn't review well. Hopefully europe will get the demo early so I can check it out before it goes up. Sony, in my opinion, has notoriously bad demos for games. After playing the demos for Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, and Killzone 2, I always expect the games to not be very good but am always pleased in the end after buying them. Hopefully both will be good this time around.

inFamous trophy list from IGN:

Bronze

• Just Scratched the Surface - Collect all Dead Drops in the Neon District.
  • Further Down the Rabbit Hole - Collect all Dead Drops in the Warren.
  • You're so Sly - Collect all Dead Drops in the Historic District.
  • Junior Geologist - Find 25% of the Shards.
  • Member of the Mineral Club - Find 50% of the Shards.
  • Rockhound - Find 100% of the Shards.
  • Frequent Flyer - Travel 5 kilometers using Static Thrusters.
  • Hotfoot - Travel 25 kilometers while riding the rails.
  • Electric Hobo - Ride the train for 2 kilometers.
  • Casey Jones - Take down 25 enemies while riding on a moving train.
  • Road Kill - Take down 25 enemies while riding on the roof of a moving vehicle.
  • Drop Everything - Thunder Drop for a total distance of at least 500 meters.
  • AC/DC - Drain 750 megawatts of power from Empire City.
  • Get Off My Cloud - Get 100 High Fall take downs.
  • Red Baron - Take down 100 enemies while they are airborne.
  • Fish in a Barrel - Kill 50 enemies by using water.
  • True Potential - Purchase every upgrade for a single power.
  • Oh, You've Done This Before - Take down 50 enemies by sticking them with a grenade.
  • The Hunger - Bio Leech 100 enemies.
  • Doctor Cole - Heal 250 pedestrians.
  • Good Eats - Good guys feed the needy.
  • Evil Eats - Bad guys never share their food.
  • Good Riot - Good guys stand up and take the heat.
  • Evil Riot - Bad guys love starting riots.
  • Good Train - Good guys proactively facilitate transportation solutions.
  • Evil Train - Bad guys make it clear who the boss is.
  • Good Exposure - Good guys are heroes to others.
  • Evil Exposure - Bad guys love to be seen.
  • Good Sphere - Good guys put a stop to the madness.
  • Evil Sphere - Bad guys always want more power.
  • Good Intentions - Good guys work for the greater good.
  • Evil Intentions - Bad guys can't say goodbye.
  • Stunt Man - Complete any one stunt from the stunt list.
  • Stunt Coordinator - Complete 10 of the stunts on the stunt list.

Silver

• Good Finish - Beat the game as a Hero.
  • Evil Finish - Beat the game while Infamous.
  • Community Organizer - Take over all territory in the Neon District.
  • Civic Leader - Take over all territory in the Warren.
  • Urban Designer - Take over all territory in the Historic District.
  • Evil to the Core - Purchase every negative Karma upgrade for each power.
  • True Hero - Purchase every negative Karma upgrade for each power.
  • Goody Two Shoes - Reach full positive Karma.
  • Truly Infamous - Reach full negative Karma.
  • Stunt Master - Complete all of the stunts on the stunt list.

Gold

• Hard Finish - Finish story mode on Hard, without changing the difficulty setting.

[quote name='GodlyOne']inFamous trophy list from IGN:[/QUOTE]

There had better be a platinum for this game...it would make absolutely no sense for it not to include one.

EDIT: From the same IGN Article...
[quote name='IGN']Oh, and don't forget about the Platinum Trophy for getting all of the following prizes, which looks like it'll require at least two play-throughs.[/quote]

Well, I think the platinum trophy being included is a given. You get all the other trophies so here's a trophy for that, didn't think it needed to be mentioned :lol:

[quote name='GodlyOne']Well, I think the platinum trophy being included is a given. You get all the other trophies so here's a trophy for that, didn't think it needed to be mentioned :lol:[/QUOTE]

You're right -- I just wanted to make sure.

I'm torn between this game or Arkham Asylum....But i'll probably get this one to support a 1st Party Sony developer and get A.A. later on when it goes on sale.

I'm very excited for this game. I'm sad it is coming out when I'm out of the country, but something to look forward to when I come home and make the end of my vacation not seem so bad.

[quote name='Ecofreak']You're right -- I just wanted to make sure.

I'm torn between this game or Arkham Asylum....But i'll probably get this one to support a 1st Party Sony developer and get A.A. later on when it goes on sale.[/quote]

That's probably the right choice to make between the two, I think Arkham Asylum will do just fine without your 60 dollars since it's branded with the Batman name and a multi-platform title.

seemed like it went form nothing out to like 5 games coming out at the same time. looks like imma have to use my gamestop giftcards and get this day 1

After watching some videos, this is a day 1 for me. This is one that kinda crept up on me and I didn't realize just how impressive this one looked. inFAMOUS, Prototype, and Batman: Arkham Asylum all releasing within weeks of each other? My wallet is already hurting.

[quote name='DantheApe']After watching some videos, this is a day 1 for me. This is one that kinda crept up on me and I didn't realize just how impressive this one looked. inFAMOUS, Prototype, and Batman: Arkham Asylum all releasing within weeks of each other? My wallet is already hurting.[/QUOTE]

All releasing in the summer to avoid the Holiday glut, and finding a new summer glut instead.

yea and my wife is completly cool with them all, they are spread just enough to hit one new release per payday between now and the end of june

Pre-ordered at Amazon. Figure I can sell the Home clothes code for $5-10 like I did with Killzone, great deal.

Also picked up a pre-order that I intend on canceling at Best Buy so I can try the demo early.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Pre-ordered at Amazon. Figure I can sell the Home clothes code for $5-10 like I did with Killzone, great deal.

Also picked up a pre-order that I intend on canceling at Best Buy so I can try the demo early.[/QUOTE]

WHAT?! People complain that they won't spend $1 on Home items, but I'm amazed that some would pay so much for KZ2. BTW, I never did get my Killzone 2 costume code from Amazon...

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']seemed like it went form nothing out to like 5 games coming out at the same time. looks like imma have to use my gamestop giftcards and get this day 1[/QUOTE]

No joke -- this, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and BlazBlue will definitely keep me busy this summer.

Just doing my part to stimulate the economy, or so I say to myself. :lol:

EDIT: I just pre-ordered this and Arkham Asylmum from Amazon for ~$105 w/ free shipping. Great deal, IMO for two games that I had very little interest in until about two weeks ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ecofreak']No joke -- this, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and BlazBlue will definitely keep me busy this summer.

Just doing my part to stimulate the economy, or so I say to myself. :lol:

EDIT: I just pre-ordered this and Arkham Asylmum from Amazon for ~$105 w/ free shipping. Great deal, IMO for two games that I had very little interest in until about two weeks ago.[/quote]
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/01/batman-arkham-asylum-delayed-until-summer-2009/

Arkham Asylum was just pushed until the end of the summer, so you have more time for other summer games that are coming out.

I really hope there is another way to get into the beta without buying this game. The uncharted beta gameplay looks so good!

Got my pre-order from Best Buy and Amazon. Will keep the Amazon one because I only bought the one from BBY for the demo.

Damn, this just got a little harder to wait for. I've been trying to get through a few older games in my 360 backlog before this came out, but now my 360 is having some technical difficulties and may need to be sent in for repairs (yeah, I know- who could have seen that coming? :roll: )

I'm not sure how I want to get this game, though. I was thinking of requesting it on Goozex since I have over 8,000 points and not a lot of wants at the moment, but I don't feel like waiting weeks or months on a queue for it. I've got Best Buy gift cards to use; that's probably the way I'll go.

Hmm, a sandbox game depicting an uber-powerful protagonist, that's going to get bundled with a Multiplayer beta key for a system exclusive shooter...

OMG, inFamous is our Crackdown!

In any case, I really dug Crackdown for the 360, and if this game delivers the same amount of fun, then I'll consider it $60 well spent.

Anybody else think Cole is a bit of an ugly character, at least in that he doesn't look like a good-looking, interesting character all of the time. There are times when he looks like a child predator when the lighting is right that makes him not an appealing character.

There are a couple screenshots that show it off, but I've mostly noticed it in trailers when you see the frontside of Cole.

t_48376.jpg

of the ungodly amount of games coming out this summer (batman, prototype, ufc, cross edge, blazblue and inFAMOUS) this is the one I'm most anxious to play. I know the comparisons to crackdown are there, but this really looks like it's own game.

As far as the beta goes, I'm on the fence about uncharted as it is...mabey this will convince me to buy? *shrugs* not a main selling point for this game though.

This game was never really on my radar but leading up to release I'm getting pretty excited for it, exactly like it was with KZ2 for me. I'm sure it will be damn good too since I've loved almost every Sony brand game that's been put out for the PS3 so far.

bread's done
Back