inFAMOUS - Now Available - First Shipments include Uncharted 2 MP Beta

15-20 hours is more than enough, at least for me it is. Uncharted was like 12 hours and even that felt long, so this will be good. Glad it got a great review.

[quote name='Rafael122']15-20 hours is more than enough, at least for me it is. Uncharted was like 12 hours and even that felt long, so this will be good. Glad it got a great review.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Most of us here all have some sort of backlog to play through anyway. Looking very forward to the games release.

I want to play this. Love me some Sucker Punch... But I'm terrible with open world games. I bought the last GTA game on the release date and don't think I finished 10% of it... So think I'll wait a bit.

I think it depends on the type of open world game for me. I also got GTA4 and didn't care for it at all, whereas other open world games can be cool. Like Sly 2 :D

[quote name='gunm']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/05/12/infamous-your-questions-answered-2/

About 15-25 hours, depending on how you play. And of course, you can replay the game as good or evil, depending on what you did the first time to see different story/cut scene elements.[/QUOTE]
I've been reading 30, but about 20 and then a second play trough sounds good too. The good/evil elements might be incentive enough to warrant the second play trough unlike other games where the good/bad thing is just superficial.

I just recently got excited for this game after ignorantly dismissing this as a GTA clone a while back but it looks l'm completely wrong. I'll be waiting for the reviews and a price drop (in typical CAG fashion).

Does anyone know if the Gamestop preorder code is shareable? I asked my cousin to steal me a code and he got me it so I can either use it on my personal account or put it on my gameshare group's account.

[quote name='Hostile']Does anyone know if the Gamestop preorder code is shareable? I asked my cousin to steal me a code and he got me it so I can either use it on my personal account or put it on my gameshare group's account.[/QUOTE]

yes it can be gameshared.

Is anyone ordering from Amazon but wont use their Home clothes code? Im willing to trade for thr Infamous demo via gameshare. Let me know!

Edit: Sorry dp

[quote name='darknight88']Is anyone ordering from Amazon but wont use their Home clothes code? Im willing to trade for thr Infamous demo via gameshare. Let me know!

Edit: Sorry dp[/QUOTE]
Excellent deal. I'll do it, but I will not have the code until the day of release, since it comes inside the box that's shipped.
So what you're saying, is that you want the skeleton home clothes, and in exchange you'll share with me the early demo?
You have that now, correct?

[quote name='xsouthparkx']Excellent deal. I'll do it, but I will not have the code until the day of release, since it comes inside the box that's shipped.
So what you're saying, is that you want the skeleton home clothes, and in exchange you'll share with me the early demo?
You have that now, correct?[/QUOTE]

yea, thing is i got demo off BB then cancelled and buying on newegg since Amazon taxes me.

[quote name='darknight88']yea, thing is i got demo off BB then cancelled and buying on newegg since Amazon taxes me.[/QUOTE]
Oh I see. Can we gameshare the home code?

Is anyone ordering from Amazon but wont use their Home clothes code? Willing to trade for inFamous demo gameshare OR my preorder FightNight Round 4 360 demo code.

(other guy aint sure)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mad D']I've been reading 30, but about 20 and then a second play trough sounds good too. The good/evil elements might be incentive enough to warrant the second play trough unlike other games where the good/bad thing is just superficial.

I just recently got excited for this game after ignorantly dismissing this as a GTA clone a while back but it looks l'm completely wrong. I'll be waiting for the reviews and a price drop (in typical CAG fashion).[/QUOTE]

Well, you do have to play through twice to get all the trophies. Once as good and once as bad....

[quote name='darknight88']Is anyone ordering from Amazon but wont use their Home clothes code? Willing to trade for inFamous demo gameshare OR my preorder FightNight Round 4 360 demo code.

(other guy aint sure)[/QUOTE]

I'll trade you my amazon home clothes for the 360 demo. I sent you a PM reply but your box is full right now

[quote name='KongaKing']I'll trade you my amazon home clothes for the 360 demo. I sent you a PM reply but your box is full right now[/QUOTE]
Pmed.

[quote name='soriku']Will I still get the uncharted 2 beta code if I pre-order this from toysrus.com ?[/QUOTE]

We've covered this.. the entire first batch of games, regardless of the store, will have the beta code.

So, I got a price alert for this game, 36.49 at GoGamer. I click the link, gogamer lists at 51.90. The price comparion still lists the $36 price. Anyone know what's going on?

Gamespot.com gives it a 9.0 in their review.

The Demo has been out for a day now in the U.S. I am quite impressed. I am looking forward to receiving it in the mail from Amazon next week.

Ordered this from Amazon since I had a gift card, and started my Prime trial as well. Not sure why I'm so excited to play this game.. :p

yep the demo did as it should and i have to buy this day one ( or possibly preorder from gamestop ). that is the second game this generation to have impressed me and that really felt and played and looked next gen. i dont want to try and wait for a price drop on this one.

Am I the only one slightly disappointed with the demo?
The missions seem fine and dandy, but when you're just roaming around in the city, it seems like nothing is really happening. Sure, you can kill people and climb stuff, but there's no stores you can go into (besides the clinic), and you can't even drive a car.
I'm not saying the full game will be like this (I'm getting it day one), but does any one else agree with me?

[quote name='Autumn Star']Am I the only one slightly disappointed with the demo?
The missions seem fine and dandy, but when you're just roaming around in the city, it seems like nothing is really happening. Sure, you can kill people and climb stuff, but there's no stores you can go into (besides the clinic), and you can't even drive a car.
I'm not saying the full game will be like this (I'm getting it day one), but does any one else agree with me?[/QUOTE]

the main thing I didnt like was how easy it is to die especially from damage you inflict on yourself during close combat

Malik, I actually agree with this 100%. It seemed like it barely took any hits at all to die, thus making the heal function of Cole totally useless in my opinion.

Tanuki, to flesh it out more? I'm not saying it's necessary or anything to that sort, but I think it would be more fun with those implemented.

I don't think either of those would flesh anything out, to be honest. A car would not be an efficient means of transportation, and possibly deadly like how he can't use firearms with his powers, while there would be nothing he needs to buy in a store, especially when he has more important things to do than go shopping.

Yeah and don't you remember that the city has just experienced a huge explosion, people dying, cops don't care or are dead, and the whole city is in a quarantine. I don't think anybody will keep a store open!

Tanuki, to flesh it out more? I'm not saying it's necessary or anything to that sort, but I think it would be more fun with those implemented.

But that again bears repeating why should you be driving a car, or going into buildings that serve no purpose?

You have super powers for pete sake! You can climb anywhere, or jump on train tracks and zoom around the city, so a car would just be really pointless. Sort of like saying it would be cool if Superman could drive cars in an open world Superman game.

First, go play GTA4, but instead of using the excellent taxi based instant travel system, do nothing but drive cars... everywhere. I don't think you realize how tedious it is, it's really the same as driving cars in real life. By the end of that game I was taking taxis everywhere.

It may seem like an interesting thing to include, but it's really not needed. Perhaps the worst feature of GTA4 was the fact that you had to drive places.

And honestly, why drive cars when you can grind on power or rail lines? Or leap from the tops of buildings?

Also, why would you want to go into a store of a clinic? This game isn't a satire of America, it's not a life sim, it's not supposed to be GTA. Instead, it's a superhero origin story, and you don't really see them going into stores to pickup their superhero outfits.

bread's done
Back