inFAMOUS - Now Available - First Shipments include Uncharted 2 MP Beta

the fact people having listings on ebay for the demo..............going for 30+ dollars is ridiculous. Release the goddamn thing to the public....people can say whatever they want about DLC being nickel and diming, but demos now? are you kidding me?

[quote name='Vanigan']How did people get the early demo codes? What deal was it part of?[/quote]
Pre-order at Best Buy or Game Crazy. BB has smaller cardboard versions of the game's case out in the game section that has the code inside.

Just finished the demo and it was pretty cool. It gives you four missions, two as a hero and two as evil. One mission is about getting this subway train with passengers locked inside across the city safely as reapers are halting the train, so you have to dispatch them and reset the breaker to get moving again. After you finish that, you get a chance to roam around and pick out the other missions. You'll find people lying on the ground that you can resuscitate or kill and if you knock reapers down, you can restrain them the same way as reviving normal people.

It's nice that beating missions keeps enemies away from the area you were in for a while, so you're not being attacking all the time while giving you a good reason to complete missions if you want to mess around more easily.

The controls are pretty good and easy to use once you get used to them. The parkour controls are a bit of a mix of Assassin's Creed (that he'll find the right things to grab on to so he can climb higher) and Crackdown (that sort of rhythm you can get while climbing up a large building), though I would say that there's a bit more leeway as you gravitate to objects/surfaces that you can hold on to a bit more easily than you could in AC. There are these shard things located around the city that are a bit like the orbs/flags.

I might go down to Bestbuy and plop down the five bucks and then cancel my reservation. Or gamecrazy. They don't give you too hard of a time for doing this do they? I think if I buy the game it will be from Gamestop with the weapon dlc.

Just finished the demo, and it was enjoyable for the most part. The camera moves really fast and I found myself getting some motion sickness so I'll probably tone down the camera speed when I get the game. Looking forward to playing with more powers. :)

If anyone would be willing to "share" the demo with me and help a cag out, I'd be very appreciative!

I have 3 battlefield heroes beta keys to offer.

BF Heroes beta keys are worthless with thousands out there in circulation.

You should be able to easily go to Best Buy, buy the cardboard preorder box with the code inside for $5, and come back later to get your money back to cancel the preorder.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']BF Heroes beta keys are worthless with thousands out there in circulation.

You should be able to easily go to Best Buy, buy the cardboard preorder box with the code inside for $5, and come back later to get your money back to cancel the preorder.[/quote]

With a little bit of patience, a person could make ~$6 selling those 3 codes on ebay.

These pre-order only demos make no sense.

" So you want to try out our game before you buy it? Well, fuck you. Pre-order it first."

Some dude on eBay has the nerve to charge 20 dollars, buy it now, for the demo (not including the 13 dollar shipping fee). If there's hope for humanity, no one is dumb enough to buy a demo from eBay.

:lol: I noticed that there is an add on the TVs that you'll find on rooftops that is advertising that Transistor Town is going out of business.

So...anyone download it off the HK store before they took the demo down and willing to share their account info? Assuming your HK account is a dummy account and has no personal info on it of course ;).

NeoGAF has a thread set up already for people to share the demo so it would nice if some kind soul could do the same for us on CAG.

lol.. there's a circle logo on some buildings in the game, usually run-down, boarded up buildings, that say "The City" on them.. Think it's poking fun at Circuit City ("The City") going under? :lol:

[quote name='Scorch']lol.. there's a circle logo on some buildings in the game, usually run-down, boarded up buildings, that say "The City" on them.. Think it's poking fun at Circuit City ("The City") going under? :lol:[/quote]
The Circuit City knockoff is called Transistor Town, which has an ad on the TV advertising the liquidation sale since it is going out of business.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']:lol: I noticed that there is an add on the TVs that you'll find on rooftops that is advertising that Transistor Town is going out of business.[/quote]Haha, nice.

[quote name='V878']So...anyone download it off the HK store before they took the demo down and willing to share their account info? Assuming your HK account is a dummy account and has no personal info on it of course ;).

NeoGAF has a thread set up already for people to share the demo so it would nice if some kind soul could do the same for us on CAG.[/quote]
I would but I do use my HK info to buy games. :(

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Circuit City knockoff is called Transistor Town, which has an ad on the TV advertising the liquidation sale since it is going out of business.[/quote]

So The Town is Transistor Town like Circuit City was The City. Gotcha. Or it could be considered that way. Starbucks is "Cafe Con Quistador" in the game. I laughed.

This game is pretty cool. It does parkour really well, possibly better than Mirror's Edge. To me, anyway.

[quote name='Scorch']So The Town is Transistor Town like Circuit City was The City. Gotcha. Or it could be considered that way. Starbucks is "Cafe Con Quistador" in the game. I laughed.

This game is pretty cool. It does parkour really well, possibly better than Mirror's Edge. To me, anyway.[/quote]
I haven't seen them labeled as just The Town, just Transistor Town on the TV and on the storefront, if I'm remembering it right. I'll have to keep an eye out next time I play the demo to make sure.

i just got a closer look and the logo does say transistor town. i thought it said "the town" because i just glanced at it, and on the sign, only the "tra" in transistor town is visible, the rest of the word is covered in sale signs. i saw the three letters and it started with a t, so for some reason, i read it as "the". my fault.

[quote name='dallow']I would but I do use my HK info to buy games. :([/quote]

That's cool. I was kinda hoping someone on CAG set up a dummy account to share the demo but I guess not. It's times like these I wish I was a member on NeoGAF (tried applying for membership back in December and my account still hasn't been activated :bomb:)

Some intrepid explorer may have found hints of Sly Cooper 4....

infamoussly_01.jpg

Personally, I want to know what "The Wangway" is about.

[quote name='Richlough']I'm pretty bummed out , I didn't know about the HK hook up .[/quote]
It was literally up for something like ten minutes so if you didn't already have a HK account, I imagine it would have been tough to get.

[quote name='sotc1988']It was literally up for something like ten minutes so if you didn't already have a HK account, I imagine it would have been tough to get.[/QUOTE]

I have had one for a while .
The 10 minute thing makes me feel a little better though .

willing to give someone my uncharted 2 beta code for a demo code or a share of the code.

Im stuck in florida right now can do this deal on tuesday.

[quote name='bjstucker']So I just checked my email and I got a code for the Uncharted Beta[/quote]

Did you get your code on your US PSN account or HK PSN account? I did not realize they were sendin' out beta codes via email. I thought it was just via the pre-order.

[quote name='Sinistar']Did you get your code on your US PSN account or HK PSN account? I did not realize they were sendin' out beta codes via email. I thought it was just via the pre-order.[/quote]

Wait a minute... you don't get a beta code for downloading the demo!

Hmm, game looks good, but I wasn't considering it for awhile...

...until this Uncharted Beta news. I'll have to find a way to get this for below retail :cool:

[quote name='lolwut?']Hmm, game looks good, but I wasn't considering it for awhile...

...until this Uncharted Beta news. I'll have to find a way to get this for below retail :cool:[/QUOTE]

$54 at newegg free shipping

amazon has it below as well

Got the demo from BB today and it was pretty fun. Graphics were pretty good and my only problem was that traversing up buildings isn't very fun. Wish there were more powers because the three available were wearing thin by the end.

IGN review:

In December, I played Infamous for the first time and told you that it was awesome. Five months later, I'm standing by that statement and backing it up with about 30 hours of playtime. Cole's powers are cool, the graphic novel cutscenes are stunning, the story is intriguing, and the city is alive. I could go on and on about this game -- about my hunt for the final few Blast Shards, about the sick joy in blasting a pedestrian and then sucking his bio-energy, about the subtle Sly Cooper references -- but to truly appreciate what Sucker Punch has created, you'll have to sit down and play this game.

Infamous is amazing.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Tried the demo last night...I loved it. Keeping my pre-order from Amazon, can't wait to play the full game.[/quote]
Glad to hear how much people are enjoying the game. I recently got a PS3, so I'm currently trying to decide between picking up inFamous, or getting a couple older games instead, such as Resistance.

I kind of wish the game was longer rather then being thirty hours IF you beat it twice and do every goddamn thing imaginable in it, but I know the game will be very fun to replay.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dallow']IGN review:

In December, I played Infamous for the first time and told you that it was awesome. Five months later, I'm standing by that statement and backing it up with about 30 hours of playtime. Cole's powers are cool, the graphic novel cutscenes are stunning, the story is intriguing, and the city is alive. I could go on and on about this game -- about my hunt for the final few Blast Shards, about the sick joy in blasting a pedestrian and then sucking his bio-energy, about the subtle Sly Cooper references -- but to truly appreciate what Sucker Punch has created, you'll have to sit down and play this game.

Infamous is amazing.

9.2[/QUOTE]

Just watched the video review, and I'm very excited. Let the summer gaming season begin! :applause::applause::applause:

bread's done
Back