inFAMOUS - Now Available - First Shipments include Uncharted 2 MP Beta

[quote name='Vanigan']First, go play GTA4, but instead of using the excellent taxi based instant travel system, do nothing but drive cars... everywhere. I don't think you realize how tedious it is, it's really the same as driving cars in real life. By the end of that game I was taking taxis everywhere.

[/QUOTE]

...so I'm not the only one who did that..

[quote name='Autumn Star']Am I the only one slightly disappointed with the demo?
The missions seem fine and dandy, but when you're just roaming around in the city, it seems like nothing is really happening. Sure, you can kill people and climb stuff, but there's no stores you can go into (besides the clinic), and you can't even drive a car.
I'm not saying the full game will be like this (I'm getting it day one), but does any one else agree with me?[/QUOTE]

the city is supposed to be in a post apocalyptic state.. and you're trying to restore it.. so I wouldn't think that you'd be able to drive cars and go inside of the stores.. however I would like to go inside various buildings and have battles inside rather than battling outside all the time. I don't think the game needs cars to drive... but you know it would be nice to have some mode of transportation (some mad max pieced together car) I think that a regular nice car would just be out of place for this game, a store to buy items would be a little out of place as well. Now if you're searching through a abandoned store for supplies (like going on a quest) to help another character, then I think that would be in place. But overall, its about whatever's being put into the game, actually fitting the world that has been created.

instead of a car it would be nice if you could climb to the top of a buil;ding and use the hover power and sort of fly/hover at a faster speed to where ever you want to go...I was wishing for that when I was chasing down the tar truck

Just got downloaded and played the demo last night. This game is going to be fucking hard! I enjoyed it, but i died countless times before a got a feel for the game. Those suiced bombers are a pain in the ass, lol. This game is cool though it kinda reminds me of crackdowm..only you know...this games actually good xD.

[quote name='Autumn Star']Am I the only one slightly disappointed with the demo?
The missions seem fine and dandy, but when you're just roaming around in the city, it seems like nothing is really happening. Sure, you can kill people and climb stuff, but there's no stores you can go into (besides the clinic), and you can't even drive a car.
I'm not saying the full game will be like this (I'm getting it day one), but does any one else agree with me?[/QUOTE]

I see what you're saying about driving since Crackdown would let you. But I think it's more of a design choice since not being able to drive forces you to explore the world a lot more.

So I called Gamestop and they told me since I pre-ordered the game, I'm getting a sword with it? Maybe they are confusing this with Prototype but from the trailers and gameplay I've seen of inFamous, I have yet to see a sword.

Any word on secrets or unlockables for this game? Seems like this bike carrier could use some pointy wolverine ears, purple hulk shorts, or a blue Mr. Manhattan wang or something ;).

I'm sure there'll be full trophy support since it's a PS3 exclusive, right. And all new games have to support trophies, correct?

I'm feeling pretty good about my PS3 purchase right about....now.

[quote name='Rafael122']So I called Gamestop and they told me since I pre-ordered the game, I'm getting a sword with it? Maybe they are confusing this with Prototype but from the trailers and gameplay I've seen of inFamous, I have yet to see a sword.[/QUOTE]No, he's right. If you pre-ordered it from Gamestop you get a power called Gigawatt blades(They look kind of like claws). Gamestop has a shot of Cole using them on their site.

[quote name='Sinistar']How do you unlock the costume for HOME with the demo?[/QUOTE]
Isn't that the pre-order bonus from Amazon?

i think you cant use cars because of the electric blast. it probably made many of them useless like if you used an emp weapon.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']I'm sure there'll be full trophy support since it's a PS3 exclusive, right. And all new games have to support trophies, correct?[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah there is full trophy support! It looks like you will have to play through it twice to get most/all of them.

[quote name='smiggity']After playing the demo for a few hours, I feel the electricity powers will get old. Game is worth ~$30 IMO[/QUOTE]

If you were to play the game entirely with the same set of powers, then I'd be inclined to agree with you. But since the demo doesn't show any of the character progression in terms of skill then I believe we've only scratched the surface of what Cole will be able to do. Multiply that by ~1.2-1.5 due to the differing powers between "Hero" and "Infamous" and there's a pretty interesting skill set.

It will definitely be more varied and creative experience than your FPS (ala Halo, Killzone, etc), but lose some of the replayability due to lack of multiplayer. Still -- if it's more polished than games like "Uncharted" then I think inFAMOUS will be worth the $54 admission from Amazon.com.

[quote name='js1']Oh, yeah there is full trophy support! It looks like you will have to play through it twice to get most/all of them.[/QUOTE]

At a minimum, you'll need to play it twice to get the platinum as two trophies require you to go "All out hero" and "All out villain." Here's the list of confirmed list of trophies.

I haven't been following this game at all but I tried out the demo and it was surprisingly fun. It plays sort of like how Force Unleashed should have.

I'm not in a hurry to play it, though. Maybe I'll pick it up when the price comes down and I'm in the mood for some ultimate destruction.

I've got an early copy and played last night for a few hours. It's pretty tough. Targeted aim would be cool because it is easy to get absolutely ripped apart in seconds if enough guys come at you at once. I could just suck though. I am enjoying the game thus far though.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Isn't that the pre-order bonus from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, the email I got mentioning the demo said demo unlocks a costume in Home. But I played thru the demo and didn't get a message I unlocked anything.

infamous-demo_12.jpg

well thats that went with gs for a preorder go gamer is supposedly selling the game for 51 bucks but i think they charge a bit for shipping.

[quote name='Sinistar']I don't think so, the email I got mentioning the demo said demo unlocks a costume in Home. But I played thru the demo and didn't get a message I unlocked anything.[/QUOTE]
Ah, well I pretty much ignore home so it's no surprise that I missed that.

[quote name='Sinistar']I don't think so, the email I got mentioning the demo said demo unlocks a costume in Home. But I played thru the demo and didn't get a message I unlocked anything.

infamous-demo_12.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Home managers already said they will appear in your inventory a few days after game is out.

[quote name='metaly']
I'm not in a hurry to play it, though. Maybe I'll pick it up when the price comes down and I'm in the mood for some ultimate destruction.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. Solid controls and I liked the difficulty. I am tempted to pick it up full price to support a PS3 exclusive but I already have Saint's Row 2 and Silent Hill: HC incoming. I feel like the $40-45 price range might be in order, eh?

[quote name='magiic']I've got an early copy and played last night for a few hours. It's pretty tough. Targeted aim would be cool because it is easy to get absolutely ripped apart in seconds if enough guys come at you at once. I could just suck though. I am enjoying the game thus far though.[/QUOTE]
I don't know about auto-aim, but I've seen that you can get a sniper view that also slows down time like the one sniper rifle in R2. You do get other skills that can be used when you can't slow down to do the fine aimed shots.

1) Has anyone read about post-first playthrough unlockables? I heard there was a difficulty setting that altered enemy placement or swapped enemy types. But I can't seem to find any articles that explain this further.

2) Anyone read about unlockable costumes, etc?

There's on the fly difficulty settings, it's even in the demo. Just go into the options menu and change the difficulty there. It seems to mainly change the damage though.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']I agree with you. Solid controls and I liked the difficulty. I am tempted to pick it up full price to support a PS3 exclusive but I already have Saint's Row 2 and Silent Hill: HC incoming. I feel like the $40-45 price range might be in order, eh?[/QUOTE]

It was 53 on Amazon and 48 if you had the 10 percent off account.

I'm pretty excited about this game. I've played the time 5-6 times each doing everything differently. Alot of games try to capture the feeling of being a badass and I'd say this title has done it marvelously. I just love jumping rooftop to rooftop shooting lightning out of my hands and pushing people off buildings.

A must have for PS3 owners for sure!

I've seen commercials for this game about 4 or 5 times throughout the day today. I know I've gotten it on USA and ESPN. It's nice to see Sony pushing a game for once. Make people know your exclusives exist.

i havent seen any commercils for the game. aside from an article here or there and the post here i didnt know much about the game till the demo. i hope that wont hurt sales this game looks to have alot of potential.

Yeah, I just saw one on ESPN during the Lakers Nuggets game. It didn't really show gameplay. Just comic pages.

No movement yet on my amazon order. I was hoping they would get it out today so I can play it over the weekend, but I guess I won't be playing the game until late next week at best. :/

no install for this one i am loven it got there before gs opened to get mine or i wouldnt have got to play it couse i am going to work tonight so i have to get sleep soon

bread's done
Back