inFAMOUS - Now Available - First Shipments include Uncharted 2 MP Beta

[quote name='Rafael122']Yeah, the Gamestop I went to, they had a few copies of the game on their display desk with the superpower code sheet on top of each copy. They should have given you one b/c I pre-ordered in store as well.[/QUOTE]

I will have to call them tomorrow. So I was supposed to get the code when I picked it up and not when I ordered it, right?

Thanks everyone for their help.

Well, after you redeem the code, you have to go back into your game and it IS in the power menu; it's the rightmost option. The first level was 600 (maybe 800) XP, the second is 1000. Once you purchase the blades, hit right on the d-pad, and Cole will emit them from his hands. You have a limited amount of time to use them. I honestly find myself forgetting completely about the power. Wish I would've spent my XP elsewhere.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']How do I get the Gigawatts power? I don't see it in the powers menu, so does it just pop up at some point?[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten it either.

I'm about 5 hours into it, and I love it. Like others, I'm a little annoyed at how easy it is to die. Is there any indicator other than the screen going black and white?

Also, some of the stunts seem really difficult like jumping off a building and hitting an enemy with a bolt and then doing the ground smash power on the same enemy.

[quote name='megamanianation']I will have to call them tomorrow. So I was supposed to get the code when I picked it up and not when I ordered it, right?

Thanks everyone for their help.[/QUOTE]

I called the corporate help line tonight because I didnt get a code while I was in store. Apparently, they did not order enough codes to meet the preorder demand and many stores have run out. The guy got my transaction information and email address and said they will either be sending a code in future or contacting me with directions on how to get a code once the publisher provides more codes.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']How do I get the Gigawatts power? I don't see it in the powers menu, so does it just pop up at some point?[/QUOTE]

Did you download the power before you started the game? If so, redownload it and it should appear in the powers menu.

Yeah, downloading it was the first thing I did before playing the game. I'll see if it shows up the next time I play it and if not, I'll delete and redownload it again.

Had to stop playing because me eyes were bleeding and my trigger finger was throbbing with soreness. Can't wait to play it tomorrow.
And I've had a few really frustrating parts but I'm not having a lot of difficulty with the game (I mean I do have to play really well all the time to actually win fights) but it's not too cheap or unfair. My tactic is to spam a shit-ton of grenades while standing next to a recharge spot and then once they all go off in a group of enemies I mop up the rest with standard zaps. I'm playing on hard btw.
Edit: I only ever use gigawatts to kill the last guy in a badass way.

I'm a little upset. I was anxious to get to the second island. I finally get there, only to discover that.. well, aside from new enemies that do the exact same thing, it's just like the first. Exact same types of missions, side missions, etc. Blah.

Oh well. Still fun. Though the stealth side missions kill the pacing of the game.

I like this game so far but i was standing next to a fire extinguisher and zapped it and I died. I can jump off the tops of buildings but cant have a can of water explode next to me.

[quote name='Malik112099']I like this game so far but i was standing next to a fire extinguisher and zapped it and I died. I can jump off the tops of buildings but cant have a can of water explode next to me.[/QUOTE]

Water.. electricity.. you do the math..

Oh, side note. Game Nuts = Game Crazy jab in the game.. quite awesome to see GC get the nod, but I haven't seen a GameStop pun anywhere (The reason I relate Game Nuts to Game Crazy is because it's almost the same font as GC, as well as the same style logo, that being the two words separated by the company logo).

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Is there any indicator other than the screen going black and white?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the half-moon shaped karma meter in the upper left hand corner starts to disintegrate and darken as you take damage. When you recharge/refill, it gets brighter and turns solid.

Don't worry about the gigawatt blades power, you'll rarely use it. While it's powerful and flashy when you do, there isn't much point to it as most combat happens at ranged, and enemies will do their best to stay away from you.

Oh man, was I way off on this one. I WAS doing something wrong with the respawning enemies, I was in the "black-out" zone. This game is addicting as hell, and fun to boot.

Can't wait til I get home from work tonight. Another 6 to 7 hour inFamous marathon should have me dreaming about lightning tonight again.

anyone interested in selling a code? since it doesn't look shareable i figured i might as well ask here...would rather deal with a cag and not ebay on this one

[quote name='Scorch']Water.. electricity.. you do the math..[/QUOTE]

well....they said he already survived an exploding gun and an expoding car while he was finding out about his powers....a fire extinguisher really shouldnt kill him. If I was a reaper I wouldnt be shooting him...I would be throwing cans of green beans at him.

[quote name='DantheApe']anyone interested in selling a code? since it doesn't look shareable i figured i might as well ask here...would rather deal with a cag and not ebay on this one[/QUOTE]

Sure make me an offer.

[quote name='dallow']How is it not shareable?

Doesn't show up in download history?[/QUOTE]

I think they were confused and thought you were asking if the code itself was sharable. It should be gamesharable, although it doesn't say that it is explicitly like the LBP vouchers did.

Is it definitely gameshareable? If so, I won't even bother posting my extra code here. I wouldn't blame CAGs for not wanting to pay for something they can get for free.

I'm a little confused on the Bio-Leech power: is it always evil? Understandably, you'd lose karma is you leeched a regular citizen, but do you lose karma when you leech a Reaper? I think it still says "drained 1XP" in red no matter who you leech.

So...you can't use this power at all if you're playing as a "good" character?

Worth a purchase? Everyone seems to be enjoying it, and I've heard it'll take 30 hours...but is there replayability, different endings depending on good/evil (haven't seen anything on that yet), etc.

I usually only buy RPG's or games I know will keep me busy for a few months.

I've probably already played for about 8 hours, and I'm not done with the first island yet. If you complete all the side missions and try to find all the collectibles, it'll certainly take you a long time to beat.

As for different endings, I'm sure there are. I mean the choice between good and evil changes everything else in the game from the look of the character to the look of the city.

[quote name='erectiontown']anyone wanna trade my Uncharted 2 code for a gigawatt code?[/QUOTE]

that's a little redundant, isn't it? you have to preorder to get the gigawatt code and all copies of the game have the beta code..

[quote name='bmachine']I'm a little confused on the Bio-Leech power: is it always evil? Understandably, you'd lose karma is you leeched a regular citizen, but do you lose karma when you leech a Reaper? I think it still says "drained 1XP" in red no matter who you leech.

So...you can't use this power at all if you're playing as a "good" character?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's the evil side of what you can do in that lock-on menu. The good thing to do is restrain reapers or heal citizens.

[quote name='Scorch']that's a little redundant, isn't it? you have to preorder to get the gigawatt code and all copies of the game have the beta code..[/QUOTE]

if you read through the thread you will see that not everyone got the beta code

Actually, it's not bad to kill them, just to do the biodrain on them. You can kill them after you take them down and it doesn't negatively affect you.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Actually, it's not bad to kill them, just to do the biodrain on them. You can kill them after you take them down and it doesn't negatively affect you.[/QUOTE]

oh ok..i did notice the kill after wounded (or whatever it says) 1 XP is always grey and was wondering about it

[quote name='Scorch']that's a little redundant, isn't it? you have to preorder to get the gigawatt code and all copies of the game have the beta code..[/QUOTE]
i saw that some people didn't get the beta code, so i figured if someone didn't want their gigawatt it'd be a win-win. honestly i don't really care, i'll give my beta code away to the first person who wants it.

This game needs a list of stats since they are so many trophies like kill this number of people this way, or travel this far with this method. Also, I wish they had a full list of the stunts and which ones you accomplished rather than just giving you one at a time.

[quote name='Malik112099']oh ok..i did notice the kill after wounded (or whatever it says) 1 XP is always grey and was wondering about it[/QUOTE]

Red = Bad karma
Blue = Good karma
Grey = No karma change

It took me awhile to figure that out.

[quote name='smiggity']Is the beta code shareable?[/QUOTE]
The code can only be used once, but it may be able to be gameshared.

It doesn't specifically state that it can be, but it does mention that it "can only be redeemed through PSN Account Management up to a maximum of 3 times."

So it could just be three times, the normal five, or maybe just once.

Damn this is fun. I played about 6 hours when I got home last night and it's a blast. Can't wait to get home and hurl those grenades again.
BTW, when you start to take heavy damage and the outer edge of the screen starts to show the blood splatter = take cover and hide! I wasn't noticing a change the gauge at the top left. It also took me a while to understand how to read the sensor echoes (in the bottom right).
Is there an easy way to replay a mission brief?

One thing this game is sorely lacking: any semblance of a STAT SCREEN!

You can listen to dead drop recordings and watch the cutscenes from the pause menu, but I can't look at my stats? My total time played/deaths/kills/etc.?

EVERY sandbox game needs this.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The code can only be used once, but it may be able to be gameshared.

It doesn't specifically state that it can be, but it does mention that it "can only be redeemed through PSN Account Management up to a maximum of 3 times."

So it could just be three times, the normal five, or maybe just once.[/QUOTE]

Hmm sounds like 3 times. Thanks Frisky

Just played this for about 2 hours and I'm having a blast with it. It reminds me a lot of Crackdown, leaping from building to building. I love it.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but I'm confused. What exactly is the beta code for Uncharted 2 good for? Is it to play a demo of the game before it is released?

[quote name='megamanianation']I know this is probably a stupid question, but I'm confused. What exactly is the beta code for Uncharted 2 good for? Is it to play a demo of the game before it is released?[/QUOTE]

It is for the Uncharted 2 mutiplayer beta

bread's done
Back