inFAMOUS - Now Available - First Shipments include Uncharted 2 MP Beta

Just put my first 2 hours into the game and I'm impressed. Its quite fun, and I'm enjoying it alot. I excited to see the extensive list of "undisovered powers" this game has.

[quote name='lilredvampy']i am confused i didnt have an install well exept the gigawhats but that is for a weapon not for the game[/QUOTE]
Mine installed on it's own. I think it only took about 2 minutes.

Damn, this is a fun game. I did 2 missions before going to work. I can't wait to get home and play it.:)

Are the codes a one time thing? Like I can't give out the same code to 5 people? Sorry for the ignorant question, just asking. I'm picking up my copy today and if I have the code then I'll just give it out here, and probably the Gigawatts (?) code too unless that's something I an enter in the game offline.

Funny moment in the game:

In the south-eastern part of the first island there is a sign advertising a movie making fun of Uwe Boll's movies. It says "Alone in the House of the Blood" (a combination of Alone in the Dark, House of the Dead and Bloodrayne), "A Lou Ebol" movie, "Two thumbs down" and "Craptastic"

Fantastic game so far though. Best PS3 exclusive in recent memory.

If anyone else wants to give away a beta code but doesn't want to Ebay i'd love to try Uncharted 2. I am getting this from gamefly so i'm codeless. :(

I went to Blockbuster today and was going to use my phone to take a picture of the code but none of the cases had the card inside just a manual. Figured the codes were gonna go to waste or someone would do the same thing I was gonna try. I failed...I was saddness... LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sotc1988']Back of the box says 720p only.[/QUOTE]

Just great. Another PS3 game I won't be buying. I guess it's not too bad since this stupid system has less than 5 games total I feel like I'm missing out on.

Thanks for checking.

Anybody have the Gigawatt Blades code and want to gameshare it :D

EDIT: I pre-ordered from Amazon so I should be getting the Home costume code

[quote name='javeryh']Just great. Another PS3 game I won't be buying. I guess it's not too bad since this stupid system has less than 5 games total I feel like I'm missing out on.

Thanks for checking.[/QUOTE]Try the demo to see if it will actually play in 1080p when forced to.

When it says 720p, it usually means that what it will default to.

[quote name='javeryh']Just great. Another PS3 game I won't be buying. I guess it's not too bad since this stupid system has less than 5 games total I feel like I'm missing out on.

Thanks for checking.[/QUOTE]

over reacting much?

[quote name='dallow']Try the demo to see if it will actually play in 1080p when forced to.

When it says 720p, it usually means that what it will default to.[/QUOTE]

I'll try it but someone else has already reported that the demo will only display in 480p so I'm not holding out hope for the retail release.

[quote name='hhhdx4']over reacting much?[/QUOTE]

I am not aware of another piece of electronics that outputs in HD yet does not contain an internal scaler. I'm not even sure such a thing exists. It's a goddamn joke of a "true HD" system. It is great for movies but it is laughable as a gaming console. Just to check out the demo I need to set aside an hour for the download and install and I'm probably going to have to upgrade the firmware for the billionth time to do it.

Thanks for checking.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that 720p is higher res than 1080i, right?

[quote name='Malik112099']You do realize that 720p is higher res than 1080i, right?[/QUOTE]

That's one of those eye of the beholder things...when I had my 1080i TV I could swear 1080i looked better then when I had 720p, so I defaulted all my systems to 1080i.

[quote name='javeryh']I'll try it but someone else has already reported that the demo will only display in 480p so I'm not holding out hope for the retail release.

I am not aware of another piece of electronics that outputs in HD yet does not contain an internal scaler. I'm not even sure such a thing exists. It's a goddamn joke of a "true HD" system. It is great for movies but it is laughable as a gaming console. Just to check out the demo I need to set aside an hour for the download and install and I'm probably going to have to upgrade the firmware for the billionth time to do it.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain man, I used to be in the same situation and it pissed me off too. I don't blame you one bit.

1080i is shit, 720p > 1080i (If only because progressive is better than interlaced), and javeryh is a dumbass. Why the fuck would you want it to run in 1080i?

I mean, obviously, if you have a big TV, 1080p is preferable, but given the choice between 720p and 1080i, why would anyone voluntarily go with 1080i? 1080i bugs the shit out of my eyes. I can't stand interlaced video.

[quote name='Malik112099']You do realize that 720p is higher res than 1080i, right?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Scorch']1080i is shit, 720p > 1080i (If only because progressive is better than interlaced), and javeryh is a dumbass. Why the fuck would you want it to run in 1080i?

I mean, obviously, if you have a big TV, 1080p is preferable, but given the choice between 720p and 1080i, why would anyone voluntarily go with 1080i?[/QUOTE]
You morons do realize that he has a TV that doesn't accept native 720p content and will therefore downscale his picture to 480p?

Oh. Well, then. That makes it different :lol: What TV supports 480p and 1080i but not 720p? Damn javeryh, get a new set, they're cheap these days

[quote name='Scorch']Oh. Well, then. That makes it different :lol: What TV supports 480p and 1080i but not 720p? Damn javeryh, get a new set, they're cheap these days[/QUOTE]

An older (pre-2006 most likely) CRT HDTV set.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']You morons do realize that he has a TV that doesn't accept native 720p content and will therefore downscale his picture to 480p?[/QUOTE]

yeah, this.

It's unbelievable that at this point games are still being released that don't support 1080i - there are tons and tons of sets out there just like mine. It's also lazy on the developer's part but I still place 90% of the blame on Sony for letting the PS3 out the door like this. Missing out on a few great games here and there isn't enough to warrant a TV upgrade, especially when everything else I run on it looks beautiful. It's just a minor annoyance but god invented the internet for bitching so I'll take advantage when I can.

[quote name='javeryh']yeah... but god invented the internet for bitching so I'll take advantage when I can.[/QUOTE]

You can post on Sucker Punch's former regarding your displeasure, I saw a sizable topic already asking for 1080i support. As well, you can voice your opinion to Sony regarding the limited intended function of the PS3's internal hardware scaler (functioning only for Blu Rays I believe, though maybe for PS1/2 games as well.) It has an internal hardware scaler so I see no reason why it could not be patched in time, I just hope should that be the case they provide an option to deactivate it to leave it up to your TVs internal scaler which in most modern sets would be superior to anything a console could provide.

[quote name='jza1218']I just realized GS "forgot" to give me the Gigawatt blades code.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting nervous I haven't received the email with them yet. They will be getting a nasty email if I don't get it, I preordered when the gigawatt blades were first announced.

[quote name='javeryh']yeah, this.

It's unbelievable that at this point games are still being released that don't support 1080i - there are tons and tons of sets out there just like mine. It's also lazy on the developer's part but I still place 90% of the blame on Sony for letting the PS3 out the door like this. Missing out on a few great games here and there isn't enough to warrant a TV upgrade, especially when everything else I run on it looks beautiful. It's just a minor annoyance but god invented the internet for bitching so I'll take advantage when I can.[/QUOTE]
But none of the blame goes to whoever made your TV without the ability to scale from 720p to 1080i? Are there any out there?

I do like how early on, they explain why he can't hold guns or drive cars.. but I think that it's because of this, this game won't hold my attention that long. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, it's fun to blow stuff up, but with a VERY limited amount of enemy designs and only a handful of attacks, I can see this getting old by the time Prototype comes out..

[quote name='javeryh']yeah, this.

It's unbelievable that at this point games are still being released that don't support 1080i - there are tons and tons of sets out there just like mine. It's also lazy on the developer's part but I still place 90% of the blame on Sony for letting the PS3 out the door like this. Missing out on a few great games here and there isn't enough to warrant a TV upgrade, especially when everything else I run on it looks beautiful. It's just a minor annoyance but god invented the internet for bitching so I'll take advantage when I can.[/QUOTE]

It's ridiculous because on the 360 it has the support for 720 or 1080i or 1080p on basically all the games that come out for the system. Yet the PS3 it depends on the game where it's only 720 or like MGS4 where it has all the HD settings.

[quote name='Scorch']I do like how early on, they explain why he can't hold guns or drive cars.. but I think that it's because of this, this game won't hold my attention that long. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, it's fun to blow stuff up, but with a VERY limited amount of enemy designs and only a handful of attacks, I can see this getting old by the time Prototype comes out..[/QUOTE]

I'm the exact opposite, I think Prototype looks boring in comparison.

This game has been fun so far, but there is a huge amount of flaws, and I've been frustrated more than a couple times due to bad game design. Since nothing else is out that I want to play, though, this will hold me over for Prototype and Ghostbusters.

It's really frustrating that you have to be RIGHT ON a freakin' blast shard, in Crackdown once you got pretty close, the orb floated to you. Also, I feel like there's way too many enemies. I just came across a park and I swear to all that is holy I just fought like 30 people back to back. It's like the Call of Duty clown car effect, and it's annoying. And even though the game told me to play it on hard, I've been playing on medium and even after TWO upgrades to Cole's defense, he's still a little pussy who gets hurt way too easily.

I really cannot help but feel that every PS3 exclusive thus far has been over-rated.

Dear God this game is amazing. I've only played about an hour and did the first mission, but this game is awesome.

I chose Evil. I figure I'll play again as a good guy but I'm having a lot of fun with it. Just...buy the game.

The only complaint I have is that he dies way too easily. I'm talking like 4 or 5 bullet shots. My counter argument to that is that he can get energy from pretty much anywhere so its a moot point.

BTW, I have an Uncharted code and the Gigawatt sword code. I'm not giving out both to one person as its only fair. So whoever PMs me first for a code gets it. I'm not selling it or anything, just giving it out to whomever. It's effective June 3...so I'm not sure if the code is coming out to the public on that date making this whole thing pointless but whatever.

Edit: Both codes are gone.

I would like to publicly bow down before Rafael122 and thank him for PMing me the Uncharted 2 beta code. :D

I pm'ed him earlier after seeing his post about giving a code away later tonight and offered to send him Paypal love and he refused and simply sent me the code. Thank you! :applause:

If I can ever return the favor let me know.

I think the game can get pretty damn hard (and my only big gripe is enemies who can "snipe" with their ak's from a couple buildings away) but I had a question for those who beat the first boss...
did you get good karma at the end of that fight regardless of whether you were good or evil? I've been playing bad the whole time but when I beat her, it gave me good karma and I'm not sure what I could've done to get it.
Loving the game still and I'm afraid I'm gonna beat it quickly since I can't put it down.

is the Gigawatt blade the one you get when you preorder from eb?
i'm liking it so far, the only thing is that there's too many monsters i think.
i kill a wave of them and more appear once i start walking
i hate killing the snipers, its so hard

[quote name='Xeph820']is the Gigawatt blade the one you get when you preorder from eb?
i'm liking it so far, the only thing is that there's too many monsters i think.
i kill a wave of them and more appear once i start walking
i hate killing the snipers, its so hard[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I thought I was doing something wrong when I had to fight a damn near infinite wave of ridiculously skilled guntoting enemies.

I picked up a copy at Play N Trade today, got home, and my copy apparently didn't come with a beta code for Uncharted 2. WTF? I thought all initial pressings came with it?

[quote name='johnnypark']I picked up a copy at Play N Trade today, got home, and my copy apparently didn't come with a beta code for Uncharted 2. WTF? I thought all initial pressings came with it?[/QUOTE]

Only if you got this sticker on your case:

17113.jpg

[quote name='jza1218']I just realized GS "forgot" to give me the Gigawatt blades code.[/QUOTE]

Dang, I forgot about the code. I preodered the game instore, was the store supposed to give me the code or a gamestop email?

[quote name='distgfx']Only if you got this sticker on your case:

17113.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm really pissed now. I went to Play N Trade because I'd rather buy from them, but instead got screwed out of a freebie. A little searching online and it seems a lot of people had the wrong idea as I did.

[quote name='megamanianation']Dang, I forgot about the code. I preodered the game instore, was the store supposed to give me the code or a gamestop email?[/QUOTE]

You pre-ordered in store? They were supposed to give you one. If you pre-ordered online for in store pick up, then it's via e-mail.

Yeah, the Gamestop I went to, they had a few copies of the game on their display desk with the superpower code sheet on top of each copy. They should have given you one b/c I pre-ordered in store as well.

If anyone wants to trade the Gigawatts Blade or something else for the MP Beta Code, let me know. I wanted to get this at Gamestop for the blade--but had a giftcard at another store. So if anyone wants to swap for the blade or for something else, PM me.

No matter where you got the game, all INITIAL shipments of the game were supposed to come with the Uncharted 2 MP beta. Seeing as the game came out today (even though Meijer broke the street date last week, fwiw), I'd say Play-N-Trade and all its consumers got the shaft.

bread's done
Back