iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) / Mac App Stores -- Ongoing Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Now with Wiki Editable Goodness!!

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it was getting very close to the 5,000 thread mark, I figured it was time for a reset.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions.

Games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

148 Apps
App Shopper iOS / App Shopper Mac
Free App Alert
Touch Arcade
Free App A Day

App & Game Review Sites

IGN Wireless
MacLife iPad
MacLife iPod/iPhone
Slide to Play
Touch Arcade
Touch Gen
TUAW Games

Free App offers from Developers
• Get a free copy of the Number Fill app for iOS by sending an email to [email protected] with subject "iOSApp:" (while supplies last).

YouTube Video Reviews

iPad Game Reviews
iPhone\iPod Touch Game Reviews

Apple Game Center
Apple Game Center allows you to keep a friends list, track your in game achievements, and compare with your friends. Many games are starting to support this. Currently this only runs on iPod & iPhone, but an update will be coming soon that enables this for iPad users.

Make sure to checkout the official CAG Game Center Exchange Thread. You can post your game center name and see the names of your favorite CAG'rs. You can also exchange OpenFeint & Plus+ names there.

ITUNES GIFT CARD SALES
Gamestop: 6/8 to 6/14, $25 iTunes gift card for $20

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iOS devices. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.

2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.

3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.

4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.

5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.

6. Apps can be re-downloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.

7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.

8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE or check the iTunes Store support page. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

9. If you somehow break your iOS device, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try using one of the repair guides on iFixit to repair it yourself. Apple Stores have been known to give discounts if you bring in a iOS device that they will not fix since it's not in warranty. This discount however is very small.

10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. Griffin Technologies and Zagg are also very good.

11. Universal Apps have a small plus sign in the upper left corner next to their price. They can be played natively on both the iPad and iPod/iPhone. iPhone games that are not universal can still be played on the iPad with a lower resolution. Non universal iPad games cannot be played on the iPhone.

Recommended Games by Genre
Feel free to add games, genres or move titles as needed. This list is to give CAGs a chance to catch up on missed high-quality games and to get new users started on "can't miss" titles to download for their new idevice. Underlined titles are universal (ipad and iphone/ipod touch). Italic are iPad only.

Casual - Tiny Wings, Angry Birds, Doodle Jump, Fruit Ninja, Cut the Rope. World of Goo, Osmos, Bird Strike - GOLD EDITION, Parachute Ninja, Pilot Winds, Depict, Flight Control, Time Geeks: Find All!, Bird Zapper!, Tapper World Tour, Amazing Breaker
Shooter - Tilt to Live, Galaxy on Fire 2, Espgaluda II, Dodonpachi Resurrection, Space Miner: Space Ore Bust, Radiant, Warblade, MetalStorm: Online, Minotron 2112
F/TPS/Action - Shadowgun, N.O.V.A., N.O.V.A. 2, Infinity Blade, Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus, Dead Space, Shadow Guardian
Dual-Stick Shooter - Age of Zombies, Minigore, Solomon's Keep, Solomon's Boneyard
Action/Arcade - Jet Ball, Super Mega Worm, Zombie Highway, Pac-Man Championship Edition, Plunderland
Adventure - Super Brothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, Broken Sword: Director's Cut, Broken Sword - The Smoking Mirror Remastered, The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition, Sam & Max Episode 1, Scarlett and the Spark of Life, Back to the Future Ep 1 HD, Back to the Future Ep 2 HD
Platformer - League of Evil, Mirror's Edge, Kami Retro, Pix'n Love Rush, Soosiz, Fastar!, Frogatto, Rolando, Rolando 2, Creepy Caverns, :Shift:, Robot Wants Kitty, Perfect Cell, Beyond Ynth, Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor, Hoggy, Edge
Endless Runner - Hook Champ, Super QuickHook, Hook Worlds, Monster Dash, Solipskier, Robot Unicorn Attack, Inspector Gadget's MAD Dash, Run Like Hell! Deluxe
Tower Defense - Plants vs. Zombies, Holy Moly Dragons, Defender Chronicles, iBomber Defense, The Creeps!, Geodefense, Geodefense Swarm, Epic War TD, Sentinel Mars Defense, Sentinel Earth Defense, Sentinel Homeworld, Guns'n'Glory, TowerMadness
RPG - Zenonia, Zenonia 2, Zenonia 3, Battleheart, Dungeon Hunter I & II, Across Age, Chaos Rings, Sacred Odyssey, Eternal Legacy, Secret of Mana (yes, that Secret of Mana :D), 100 Rogues
Puzzle - Azkend, Sparkle, Bejeweled 2, Dungeon Raid, Drop7, Puzzle Agent, Trainyard, Puzzle Quest 2, Crosslogic, bitFLIP, Love Battle Princess, Heroes of Kalevala, Antrim Escape 1/2
Card/Dice - Sword & Poker 1 & 2, World Series of Poker Hold'em Legend
Sim - Game Dev Story, Hot Springs Story, Sims: Ambitions
Strategy - Civilization Revolution, Trenches, Crystal War, Legendary Wars
Sports - NBA Jam, Backbreaker Football, Backbreaker 2, Flick Kick Field Goal
Fighting - Street Fighter IV, King of Fighters-i002
Racing - Asphalt 6, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Need for Speed: Shift, Real Racing 2, Reckless Racing, Disc Drivin', Jet Car Stunts, Death Rally, Tires of Fury
Time Management - My Kingdom for the Princess 1 & 2, Hotel Mogul, Airport Mania, Roads of Rome HD
Board Games -Small World, Carcassonne, Catan, Words With Friends, Reiner Knizia's Samurai, Neuroshima Hex
Trivia - MovieCat, You Don't Know Jack
Hidden Object - Little Things, Pictureka
Non-Game Essentials -
Appshopper, Atomic Web Browser, Stanza, CloudReaders, Flipbook, TuneIn Radio Pro, Dropbox, Air Video+, Evernote, Video Stream, mBox Mail, Genius Scan, Urban Spoon, Documents To Go Premium

Last edited by a moderator:
Galaxy on fire 2 is on sale today at 4.99 down from 9.99. Pretty good space sim.

Give your wallet a break and snag some freebies to clutter up your backlog of titles:

Candy Rush is the latest OpenFeint FGOTD.
"Fill fun and colorful orders at Katie's Candy Shop in this sweet and energetic puzzle game! With the help of your friendly cat, Paws, sort delicious candy from the conveyor belt into pretty gift boxes. Arrange chocolate strawberries, candy canes, caramel apples and more into high-scoring combos and special orders. Earn fun trophies for your kitchen shelf and outfit Paws with collars, bowls and cushions. Go for the high score in either Story or Rush mode!
With over 60 beautiful levels, original art and music, tasty candy, and even a candy store cat, Candy Rush is all the fun of running a candy shop with none of the calories! Satisfy your sweet tooth with Candy Rush today!"

As mentioned previously, Chop Chop Caveman is the main FAAD game right now. Fruit Snatch is also being featured.
"Meet Thora Bird and Leon the Chameleon in this addictive new game. It's fun. It's fruity. It's free!
Life as a parent is tough but for Leon it's just getting silly. Thora Bird has swooped down and grabbed a ludicrous amount of his fruit... and she's getting away! Chase down that pesky pelican and snatch any fruit she drops before she escapes.
The more fruit she drops, the lighter and faster she gets. The faster she gets the more fruit she drops! FRUIT SNATCH!"

Peto the talking pet 2
is the freebie on Great App a Day right now.
"Peto 2 is the pet simulation game where you can actually chat with your pet!
Talk with your pet to keep it happy and earn money. The nicer you are to your pet, the more money you make! Use the money to buy food, and Items to take care of the needs for your pet. Be careful not to neglect it. If you are too mean your pet might leave you.
If you area a fan of virtual pet games like ipet, superPoke! pets, tamagotchi, and igotchi you are going to love this game.
Talk to your pet about anything. You will find that it's full of surprises. No conversation is ever the same."

I Dig It
is being promoted by Free App Calendar.
"Fallen on hard times, farmer Lewis converts an old bulldozer into a fantastic high-tech “diggin” machine. Help him dig up stuff to sell (60+ unique diggings) in a race against the clock to pay the mortgage and save the farm (campaign mode).
In addition there are 8 mini-game challenge matches, plus open-ended free play mode and even a tutorial game mode for beginners, offering hours of game play.
Manage fuel, temperature, and damage while searching for diggins. Sell them at the farmhouse to earn cash. Save cash to pay the mortgage, upgrade your digger, or make repairs. Use the on-screen “analog” joystick, or touch-screen to control digger movement. Watch out for rocks and caverns that disrupt your path. Have fun!"

Scooping up NBA Jam. I have both iPhone and iPad and picked up the standard definition game so as to have it on both devices.

Would have bought the HD version if it wasn't $10. :(

Damn, I hope I bought the right size iPad2. I ran out of space last night. Guess I'll have to delete games after I finish them. Too bad there isn't any way to save your progress after you delete a game. I'd like to go back to Infinity Blade for example.

[quote name='LuisRM']Editing the front page wiki 7:51 Central time. Please don't edit it for 15 minutes.

Damn, I hope I bought the right size iPad2. I ran out of space last night. Guess I'll have to delete games after I finish them. Too bad there isn't any way to save your progress after you delete a game. I'd like to go back to Infinity Blade for example.[/QUOTE]

Wow, what size do you have? I have the 64G and only have about 10G filled up. You must either have a 16G or a crapload of stuff on there. Or both!

I grabbed Dead Space, even though I haven't played the console ones. Thanks!

More freebies for yo' Friday:

Inspector Gadget's MAD Dash HD (iPad only)
"Be *warned* that this game is hours of addictive fun and comes loaded with features incl 10 of the best Inspector Gadget TV episodes of all time, Dr. Claw's mysterious face, ringtone, sound board, concept art, powerups, and upgrades.
Go Go Gadget Run! Everyone’s favorite bumbling detective, Inspector Gadget, finds his way into a new fast-paced adventure where the Inspector uses his collection of gadgets to chase down Dr. Claw and his henchmen and save his niece Penny."

Geared 2!
"Pit your intellect against new levels, new gear types, and more! Geared 2 is the follow up to Geared, a physics based puzzle game with one goal: power the blue gears. Unlike other gear-based games, Geared 2 has no restrictive snap-grid, delivering total freedom to the player. Overcome obstacles and more in this simple but brilliant spatial puzzle."

Zombies Chopper
"This is a game about an avenger – Van Connor who witnessed his mother's death and his country’s ruin as a child. After he lost his mother and his home, he turned to a life of violence to take on the zombies and to avenge the death of his mother. In a world filled with an onslaught of zombies and little protection, the survival of Van Connor is critical to helping the world recover.
Collect wooden boxes to trigger prolific special skills like blaze, freeze and squall and plow through the horde of starving zombies with these newfound abilities. Watch out for the maces and magmas on your chopping road because they will send you to your doom!"

I'm really angry at myself for buying Dead Space when it was 4,99$.

Now, I'm wondering if I should buy Galaxy on Fire 2 for the same price...

[quote name='LuisRM']Damn, I hope I bought the right size iPad2. I ran out of space last night. Guess I'll have to delete games after I finish them. Too bad there isn't any way to save your progress after you delete a game. I'd like to go back to Infinity Blade for example.[/QUOTE]

You are not alone, sir. I bought the 16GB wi-fi only and I'm regretting it. Should have gotten the 32GB. iPad games are too big :(

The Wiki games are now all linked! Thanks to those who helped along the way. I'd highly suggest everyone taking a glance through there when you have some time as I found a few gems that I've never heard of or seen. Some free games in there too. Good stuff everyone!

[quote name='keithp']Wow, what size do you have? I have the 64G and only have about 10G filled up. You must either have a 16G or a crapload of stuff on there. Or both!

I grabbed Dead Space, even though I haven't played the console ones. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I still have the receipt and could return it to Target, but man, I don't know. That seems like a hassle. It's my first iPad, and I guess it's a good thing I'm getting use out of it but I feel a bit disappointed I ran into my limit already.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']You are not alone, sir. I bought the 16GB wi-fi only and I'm regretting it. Should have gotten the 32GB. iPad games are too big :([/QUOTE]

It's true, the HD games are huge. Some are just not optimized for size. I mean 1GB for Oregon Trail - come on. I don't have any photos or songs on there, it's all apps. I did a purge last night and am at 2.2gb free, which is about 2-4 more games.

[quote name='ProfNut']I'm really angry at myself for buying Dead Space when it was 4,99$.

Now, I'm wondering if I should buy Galaxy on Fire 2 for the same price...[/QUOTE]

See, I knew EA wouldn't be able to resist a $1 sale on Dead Space. I didn't expect NBA Jam so quickly since it was universally beloved. And I didn't think $1 on Dead Space iPad either. I got all of them and I don't even own an iPad (yet). But $1 is like, "Well, I lost a $1." I don't make a habit of it.

Anyways, my point is EA loves them some $1 sales. I mean, loves them. If you see an EA game you want, just wait. In no time, lickedy split, it'll be $1. And that guy who paid $7-10 for Dead Space/Dead Space iPad? He's sobbing in the corner.

I'm not so sure about Galaxy on Fire 2, though. That developer released the game at one price (more than the current sale price) and promised to raise it as soon as it went universal. And they did. Haven't seen a sale since. They even say right in the listing they aren't putting it on sale for the upcoming new content...

It's a tough one. I'm going to give the demo a whirl and see if it's any good. I like that it's universal at least.

[quote name='Dimsdale']

I Dig It
is being promoted by Free App Calendar.
"Fallen on hard times, farmer Lewis converts an old bulldozer into a fantastic high-tech “diggin” machine. Help him dig up stuff to sell (60+ unique diggings) in a race against the clock to pay the mortgage and save the farm (campaign mode).
In addition there are 8 mini-game challenge matches, plus open-ended free play mode and even a tutorial game mode for beginners, offering hours of game play.
Manage fuel, temperature, and damage while searching for diggins. Sell them at the farmhouse to earn cash. Save cash to pay the mortgage, upgrade your digger, or make repairs. Use the on-screen “analog” joystick, or touch-screen to control digger movement. Watch out for rocks and caverns that disrupt your path. Have fun!"[/QUOTE]

This is a pretty fun game. If you liked Miner Dig Deep on XBLA, you'll probably enjoy this. It *isn't* as fun as Miner Dig Deep, mainly because it has an overheating engine thing that I find obnoxious, and there isn't different kinds of equipment to buy, but still it's pretty fun and certainly worth getting for free.

Played Dead Space on the iPad last night, really impressed with how it controlled (most importantly) and the graphics..... $.99 tremendous deal.

Bought Dead Space; $.99 is too good to pass up. I bought Need for Speed Hot Pursuit the last time it was on sale for $.99. Now if only work didn't make us get rid of iPhones and switch us to these horrible Windows Phone 7 devices. Oh well, bought it for whenever the iPhone 5 comes out.

[quote name='realkilla789']There was a new game announced and released simultaneously yesterday. It's called "Bunny the Zombie Slayer". It's .99

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bunny-the-zombie-slayer/id429323581?mt=8[/QUOTE]

Here I was hoping for this!

Robbie_Silent_Hill.jpg

Still it doesn't look that bad, how does it play? Is it like Angry Birds where you drag back to lob forward?

So got NBA Jam and Dead Space.... any other MUST HAVES in this sale?

By the way those on the fence about scrabble. It looks slick and you can play people on facebook! Kind of a cool way to play a game with family that are less tech-savvy. If you don't care about this stuff stick with words for friends.

I prefer Scrabble over Words with Friends for two reasons: I can play my family on Facebook and... I can play 3 and 4 player games. Three and four player games alone makes it vastly superior to WWF, even with Scrabble's quirks, and it does have quirks. Sometimes it doesn't seem to notify me when it's my turn, though it is better then it use to be. Also Scrabble has better rules and better board layout. For example it gives 2x points for the first player's first word. So, yeah, I recommend getting Scrabble while it's 99 cents. Great deal. It's also a good pass-and-play game. I also like that it has a dictionary that shows all the legal 2 letter words. Very handy.

You can play people on Facebook in Words with Friends after the latest update I think. There's a facebook link at the top of the games list anyway now. A twitter one as well.

Anyone that has downloaded Pictureka! have opinions they would like to share?

If you like Risk at all, download it. It's really well done. I played my wife last night, and then taught my 10-year-old son how to play this morning.

I tried Dead Space, too. Works good, and the controls are well done. It's completely worth 99 cents, of course. The only question: is this an experience I want on the iPad? If I am going to play a story-based game with lots of bells and whistles, I generally play on the console. I probably don't appreciate this version of Dead Space as much as other people do since I'm usually near a console when I use the iPad anyway. We'll see.

Picked up Dead Space, Max, and Risk for iPad and NBA Jam for iPhone.

[quote name='crunchewy']I prefer Scrabble over Words with Friends for two reasons: I can play my family on Facebook and... I can play 3 and 4 player games. Three and four player games alone makes it vastly superior to WWF, even with Scrabble's quirks, and it does have quirks. Sometimes it doesn't seem to notify me when it's my turn, though it is better then it use to be. Also Scrabble has better rules and better board layout. For example it gives 2x points for the first player's first word. So, yeah, I recommend getting Scrabble while it's 99 cents. Great deal. It's also a good pass-and-play game. I also like that it has a dictionary that shows all the legal 2 letter words. Very handy.[/QUOTE]
Also Scrabble has player vs cpu while Words With Friends does not. For this type of game the computer can easily determine the best possible move at any given moment, then decide which move to make based on difficulty level. This makes the cpu an awesome (and brutal) opponent for honing your skills.

[quote name='crunchewy']Does WWF now support 3 and 4 player games or is it still stuck at 2 players? I don't have it installed any more. I suppose I should get off my a** and check. :)
[/QUOTE]

Still only 2 players, so Scrabble is still you're best option.

I just have the free WWF with adds as I don't like word games enough to spend any money on them.

[quote name='lilman']Picked up Dead Space, Max, and Risk for iPad and NBA Jam for iPhone.

Also Scrabble has player vs cpu while Words With Friends does not. For this type of game the computer can easily determine the best possible move at any given moment, then decide which move to make based on difficulty level. This makes the cpu an awesome (and brutal) opponent for honing your skills.[/QUOTE]

for those who have an iPad and picked up iPhone NBA jam, How is it on your iPad? I'd like the game but not sure if I should hold out for an ipad sale.

So I went to download some of these sweet deals from the app store and when I went to download dead space it said I didn't have enough remaining credit from a gift card. I had around $25 left from a $50 iTunes gift I had purchased. Come to find out that someone had gotten not my account and spent it all on a gnaw called "empire online." I am going back and forth now with iTunes support over this being a fraudulent charge. Has this ever happened to anybody else?

[quote name='pROvIs']for those who have an iPad and picked up iPhone NBA jam, How is it on your iPad? I'd like the game but not sure if I should hold out for an ipad sale.[/QUOTE]

I'd say hold out for a sale. It's gotta drop sooner or later.

[quote name='TheRock88']Yes, only downside is that the visuals are upscaled.[/QUOTE]

Also I find it really hard to use a virtual d-pad that has been upscaled from iphone size to ipad size. They are huge and placed really awkwardly.

To those who say they regret not getting more GB iPads, are you guys putting music/movies along with apps, or just apps alone are taking up a ton of space?

I want to buy a iPad soon, using it for web, e-mail, and games like Final Fantasy 3. Music and movies I plan to stream from my network.

I'm wondering if I should buy a 16gb or go for the 32gb.

[quote name='Xiemos']To those who say they regret not getting more GB iPads, are you guys putting music/movies along with apps, or just apps alone are taking up a ton of space?

I want to buy a iPad soon, using it for web, e-mail, and games like Final Fantasy 3. Music and movies I plan to stream from my network.

I'm wondering if I should buy a 16gb or go for the 32gb.[/QUOTE]

I'd definitely go with at least 32. The fuller feature games can be around .5 gb and with constant .99 sales that fills up your space very fast. Gameloft and EA games are very big. Puzzle and casual games are much smaller, usually under 50 mb. I think final fantasy games are usually like 200 gb.

[quote name='Xiemos']To those who say they regret not getting more GB iPads, are you guys putting music/movies along with apps, or just apps alone are taking up a ton of space?

I'm wondering if I should buy a 16gb or go for the 32gb.[/QUOTE]

I have the 32 and haven't used hardly any of the space on it, so I probably could have went 16.

I don't put any pictures, videos or movies on it. Just apps and PDFs mainly. And I'm not big into gaming on it, so I'm not getting a lot of huge apps either.

I mainly just use it to surf the net, read the news, read PDFs of scholarly journal articles, take notes in work meetings etc.

[quote name='caltab']I'd definitely go with at least 32. The fuller feature games can be around .5 gb and with constant .99 sales that fills up your space very fast. Gameloft and EA games are very big. Puzzle and casual games are much smaller, usually under 50 mb. I think final fantasy games are usually like 200 gb.[/QUOTE]

Alright, placing the order for a 32gb model. Thank you very much!

[quote name='dmaul1114']I have the 32 and haven't used hardly any of the space on it, so I probably could have went 16.

I don't put any pictures, videos or movies on it. Just apps and PDFs mainly. And I'm not big into gaming on it, so I'm not getting a lot of huge apps either.

I mainly just use it to surf the net, read the news, read PDFs of scholarly journal articles, take notes in work meetings etc.[/QUOTE]

If you were in Minnesota I'd swap my 16gb and give you $100. I have only apps and right now, I'm wishing I got the 32gb. Literally only apps on it.

[quote name='Xiemos']Alright, placing the order for a 32gb model. Thank you very much![/QUOTE]

Good Choice. My wife loaded a HD art app thats just over 2 gig. Is nice but a pig for sure. I got a 16 gb and i have about 6gb left with just over 80 apps.

[quote name='LuisRM']If you were in Minnesota I'd swap my 16gb and give you $100. I have only apps and right now, I'm wishing I got the 32gb. Literally only apps on it.[/QUOTE]

Is it a black 16 ipad 2? I know someone who might trade it for a 64.

I have a white 32 she wasn't very interested because she wanted black. I kinda wish I had the 64, had to delete quite a bit to make room for the ea games

Also, that is all apps. No music/video.

[quote name='pROvIs']
I have a white 32 she wasn't very interested because she wanted black. I kinda wish I had the 64, had to delete quite a bit to make room for the ea games

.[/QUOTE]

I went with the 64gb, and in 3 days I already have 12gb filled with apps and videos. I also plan on ripping a lot of my anime dvds to it so I can watch them on the go for trips/conventions.

I always tend to buy the largest hard drive though, as I would rather be stuck with too much than not enough.

[quote name='pROvIs']Is it a black 16 ipad 2? I know someone who might trade it for a 64.

Also, that is all apps. No music/video.[/QUOTE]

I went with a 64GB iPad 1 (paid $400 on ebay) over getting a 16GB iPad 2. I feel like it was the way to go. I have tons of apps, comics, games, music, and videos on it still with room left to spare.

[quote name='LuisRM']If you were in Minnesota I'd swap my 16gb and give you $100. I have only apps and right now, I'm wishing I got the 32gb. Literally only apps on it.[/QUOTE]

^this, but replace Minnesota with Oregon. My 16GB iPad 2 has only apps on it - no music, no movies, no photos, and I've had to delete a bunch of stuff recently just so I could update 20MB apps. I should have sold it right after launch day for a profit and gotten a bigger one with a slight wait.

[quote name='regis100']Anyone that has downloaded Pictureka! have opinions they would like to share?

If you like Risk at all, download it. It's really well done. I played my wife last night, and then taught my 10-year-old son how to play this morning.

I tried Dead Space, too. Works good, and the controls are well done. It's completely worth 99 cents, of course. The only question: is this an experience I want on the iPad? If I am going to play a story-based game with lots of bells and whistles, I generally play on the console. I probably don't appreciate this version of Dead Space as much as other people do since I'm usually near a console when I use the iPad anyway. We'll see.[/QUOTE]

I love, love, love Pictureka! If you enjoy hidden object stuff at all, it's a no-brainer at $.99 - plus it's got local multi-player which is really fun. BUY IT.

I wanted to get a 32GB iPad 2, thinking Apple would make it the new $500 base model. They typically do that sort of thing with the other iDevices but not so this time for iPads. But on the upside I got a 32GB iPad 1 second hand with case for about $380 when the new ones were announced. Anything less than 32GB is crazy to me, no matter how into "the cloud" you are.

That said, I picked up Dead Space and Rock Band. Such killer deals. On a side note, anyone interested in Portal 2, there's a neat interactive publication "Portal 2: The Final Hours" is on the iPad store for $1.99. Suppose to have a lot of behind the scenes stuff about the development, so it's like a coffee table book but digital.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']I love, love, love Pictureka! If you enjoy hidden object stuff at all, it's a no-brainer at $.99 - plus it's got local multi-player which is really fun. BUY IT.[/QUOTE]

Alright, you convinced me. Plus I like having games I can play with my kids, and this is obviously one. Purchased.

I also just scored a free promo code for Victory March HD on toucharcade.com (but the ones posted have all been used now, I'm afraid). People there seem to like this game. I'll post some impressions once I get a chance to play it.

[quote name='JohnDM']That said, I picked up Dead Space and Rock Band. Such killer deals. On a side note, anyone interested in Portal 2, there's a neat interactive publication "Portal 2: The Final Hours" is on the iPad store for $1.99. Suppose to have a lot of behind the scenes stuff about the development, so it's like a coffee table book but digital.[/QUOTE]

Looks pretty cool, but I think I'll finish playing Portal 2 before I check it out. Here's a link:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-final-hours-of-portal-2/id432031492?mt=8

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I'm not so sure about Galaxy on Fire 2, though. That developer released the game at one price (more than the current sale price) and promised to raise it as soon as it went universal. And they did. Haven't seen a sale since. They even say right in the listing they aren't putting it on sale for the upcoming new content...

It's a tough one. I'm going to give the demo a whirl and see if it's any good. I like that it's universal at least.[/QUOTE]

I'm still debating about Galaxy on Fire 2 :whistle2:#

I have a 64gb 4th gen touch. I should have went with the 32gb. So my plan now is to get a 32gb iPad 2. I'm spoiled with retina display on the 4th gen so I wonder if I will see a big difference since iPad 2 is not?

[quote name='ryanflucas']I have a 64gb 4th gen touch. I should have went with the 32gb. So my plan now is to get a 32gb iPad 2. I'm spoiled with retina display on the 4th gen so I wonder if I will see a big difference since iPad 2 is not?[/QUOTE]

I think you'll see a pretty significant difference, especially when trying to read websites like this one in portrait mode. There's not enough pixel density to clearly display the small text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back