iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gunstar808']Grabbed The Creeps for $1, couldn't pass it up at that price. Also picked up Payback, not sure how I feel about that one tho.[/quote]

Thanks for the headsup on The Creeps. I LOVE TD games, and hadn't heard about this one. I've got 7Cities already, and I'm hoping Fieldrunners drops soon.

Ok something weird happened. Earlier when The Creeps was on sale for .99 I purchased it, but now it does not appear in my apps section. And of course the price went back up to 4.99.

I did everything like normal when I buy an app. I hit the purchase app button and it prompted me for my password, I typed it in and hit enter. But now its not there? Has anyone had this happen before? Any way to contact Apple regarding it?

[quote name='gunstar808']Ok something weird happened. Earlier when The Creeps was on sale for .99 I purchased it, but now it does not appear in my apps section. And of course the price went back up to 4.99.

I did everything like normal when I buy an app. I hit the purchase app button and it prompted me for my password, I typed it in and hit enter. But now its not there? Has anyone had this happen before? Any way to contact Apple regarding it?[/quote]

Is it still on your iPhone/iTouch? If so, you can transfer the purchase back onto your computer.

i dont have an iphone. i have a itunes gift card. i want to know if i can use the itunes gift card for purchasing iphone app games.

[quote name='gunstar808']Ok something weird happened. Earlier when The Creeps was on sale for .99 I purchased it, but now it does not appear in my apps section. And of course the price went back up to 4.99.

I did everything like normal when I buy an app. I hit the purchase app button and it prompted me for my password, I typed it in and hit enter. But now its not there? Has anyone had this happen before? Any way to contact Apple regarding it?[/quote]

If you already purchased the game Creeps, then you should be able to just download it again by selecting it and "purchasing" it again. Itunes is smart enough to know that you have already downloaded and "purchased" the game before so it will tell you that your download (@ $4.99) will be at NO CHARGE and that you can re-download it for free since you have already purchased it before (@ $.99)

The price fluctuations do not change your ability to do that as in repurchase or redownload them. I have done it MANY times, even when the prices have changed up or down. It does not matter. Once you have purchased it once, you can redownload it for free as many times as needed.

Good luck and hope this helps ! Happy iPhone Gaming !

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Not in iTunes it hasn't.[/quote]

Wow i guess that really was a very limited time, my bad.

Days of thunder is new and onsale for 0.99 for 72 hours only. Then goes up to $4.99. Getting great reviews. Getting it now.

Also. CRAZY TANKS is on sale for 0.99 not sure what the normal price is but it says insane blowout price of 0.99. Looks good and getting great reviews. Will get as soon as I get near a wireless network.

[quote name='107proof']Days of thunder is new and onsale for 0.99 for 72 hours only. Then goes up to $4.99. Getting great reviews. Getting it now.[/QUOTE]

Made by same guys who did Slotz Racer. Both are great games so far for their respective intro. prices.

[quote name='Xfactor4']If you already purchased the game Creeps, then you should be able to just download it again by selecting it and "purchasing" it again. Itunes is smart enough to know that you have already downloaded and "purchased" the game before so it will tell you that your download (@ $4.99) will be at NO CHARGE and that you can re-download it for free since you have already purchased it before (@ $.99)

The price fluctuations do not change your ability to do that as in repurchase or redownload them. I have done it MANY times, even when the prices have changed up or down. It does not matter. Once you have purchased it once, you can redownload it for free as many times as needed.

Good luck and hope this helps ! Happy iPhone Gaming ![/quote]

Thanks for trying to help. Unfortunately I checked my purchase history and there was no record of me buying the Creeps at .99. I'm a little pissed about it because I definitely clicked it (to buy), and there is no way I am paying 4.99 for that game. So I guess I have to wait for another sale :bomb:

On a different note, I just grabbed Days of Thunder, looks great and seems to be a deal at .99.

And has anyone tried Distant Shore? Looks like it could be really fun depending on the community. Anyone got any feedback?

And has anyone tried Distant Shore? Looks like it could be really fun depending on the community. Anyone got any feedback?[/quote]The best 99 cents you'll ever spend.

Thanks Nodoubt, I used the second code. I'll pop up a review for you this afternoon. Got lots of free time during rehersal today.

[quote name='nodoubt']Got the ok from Cheapy.

Here are a few promo codes for my game, Ninja Puzzler:
RFEFKML3NE3W
7H4EJYKKM96R
LJWNTEXKA9XK

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=303400842&mt=8

If you use the codes, I'd appreciate if you take the time to write an honest review on the store or let people know what you think of it here. thanks.[/quote]

I didn't get to use a code, but wanted to say good luck with the game!!! Looks pretty good, I will try out the lite version later. I think its so cool to see devs come to the forums to either promote or get feedback on their games. The Pocket Gods guys are a good example of that, and I bought the game for that exact reason.

[quote name='Malik112099']I am having fun with ExZeus, Time Crisis and Phase 10 right now. Wish Phase 10 had online multiplayer though.[/quote]

Man I really want to try out ExZeus and Time Crisis, but $6 each? Ouch man. How much replay ability are you getting out of them?

The Creeps are back on sale, for $2.99.

Well worth the price.

Also, Attraction is on sale for $0.99. If you are on the fence, try the lite version.

Enigmo 0.99
The Creeps 0.99
Aurora Feint Tower Puzzle 0.99
Edit:
Slotz Racer 0.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Sky Thunder Free
iGirl Free
Instant Queue Add for Netflix (Useful for Xbox 360) Free
The Price is Right 2.99
Sketches (Not exactly a game, but fun) 1.99
WordJong 2.99

[quote name='nodoubt']our second game finally got approved. AI is intentionally somewhat on the easy side.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=304545959&mt=8

RRM4WNEK44AP
WFTF6MT4T9M4
WHN4FA9NJ7M6
KWKLL4M6RFYA
PYLW7J73HNLY
RTYTAY3XLEPJ
PN9E6KPWRTAF
FN47HWNLN9AY
94TX3PKXWWHF
M33MWA36JTEJ

as always, please leave review, thanks.[/quote]
Thanks, I used the PYLW7J73HNLY code. I'll play around with it this weekend and give you a review ASAP. Thanks again!

Used code: WFTF6MT4T9M4

A bunch of others were already redeemed also.....now some one want to teach me how to program on this thing? I would love to make some cash ;)

Agreed on 7 Citites, worth the two bucks.
smile.gif

Left a review for 'The Boxer'. Good game! As close to 'Punch-out' as I've seen, with some excellent tap controls. Wouldn't mind the addition of some swipe moves like uppercuts and hooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back