iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bassec']If my eyes don't deceive me, they do a play on words as "Pubic Domain, not PubLic Domain."[/QUOTE]

Your eyes do not deceive you. They did mark out the L.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Hasn't Space Deadbeef always been free?[/quote]

Yea just thought I would point it out in case anyone didn't know

[quote name='CheapyD']Just bought that today. It's very fun, cheap, and simple. A perfect iPhone game.

Flight Control[/quote]

Good recommendation. Nicely designed little game. I even like the music. Wife likes it too.

I finally bit on Frenzic after waiting for it to drop in price (though it never did). Well worth $5. Game is like crack. It slaps me around and I happily come back for more. Iconfactory has to be one of the coolest Mac/iPhone developers on the planet. I've loved their icons forever, and now this.

Oh, not a game exactly, but I strongly recommend iBonsai for it's beautiful aesthetic and elegant design. And Lose It! is the most amazing, smartly designed, fun to use calorie/exercise tracking tool I've ever seen. I've effortlessly lost 15 pounds since I started using it. And it's FREE!

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Here's a Let's Golf Review is anyone is interested: http://tech-gaming.com/2009/03/27/lets-golf-review.aspx

Worth $5.99, but CAGs will probably want to wait for a price drop.[/quote]Let's Golf won't likely drop in price. All of Gameloft's games are listed at $5.99 - most launched at $9.99 and dropped to $5.99 (where Oregon Trail and Let's Golf launched) so that seems to be the GL sweet spot.

For what it's worth, I also think Let's Golf is worth the $5.99, but certainly would be nice if it were cheaper.

Baseball Superstars 2009 just dropped today to $2.99 (Reg. $4.99)-Really fun game in my opinion. They're updating the game and making improvements on April 1st, so it should fix some of the minor glitches in the game.

Deal or No Deal is also on sale for $2.99
FieldRunners $2.99 sale ends on March 29!

Bought Flight Control and Rick Pro (which is better than the light version and WELL worth the $0.99).

For all TD fans: Buy Elemental Monsters for $0.99. It has a Pokemon-esque monster collection system and the TD gameplay features the rock paper scissors (water beats fire, fire beats grass, grass beats water) battle system. Additionally, there are light and dark monsters and flying vs. ground monsters. That is alot of strategy and TD for only $0.99.

[quote name='SithFran']Is there anything close to Advance Wars that I can get?[/QUOTE]

There are a bunch of AW games coming out in the next month. right now Reign of Fire is as close as you will get, but its not much like AW.

[quote name='cheapbastard']Just found out mega man 2 is on the app store. Looks good but the reviews are bad :([/quote]

Sounds like Capcom got lazy with the porting. I can't say I'm surprised.

I am not sure if anyone said anything about this yet, but even so, it warrants a second look.

Galcon is 80% off right now, making it only 99 cents. Crazy deal.

got undead for free. Then deleted it. Maybe it's me but I find no joy in those types of games. It's all words and no actual gameplay. Boring!!

Anyone know if The Quest is worth picking up ... it's a 3D RPG, graphics look decent considering its rendering 3d I think ... looks like it could go either way, any thoughts? Also picked up Undead LIVE for free, thanks ... looks like Mafia but with Vampires & Werewolves?

I went ahead and picked up Flight Control for $0.99. Looks like a lot of people have because that's taken the top spot on Paid Apps on the App Store, dethroning Pocket God for the second time in the past maybe 12-15 weeks.

The game is quick and simple. Loads fast, looks good, fine sound and controls great. Definitely worth the $0.99.

[quote name='107proof']got undead for free. Then deleted it. Maybe it's me but I find no joy in those types of games. It's all words and no actual gameplay. Boring!![/quote]

I did the same thing.

Then I went back to playing Time Crisis lite.

Thanks to the app BargainBin posted above, I just saw that ExZeus dropped from 4.99 to 1.99. Haven't really played the game myself but I know others really like it.

if anyone is interested in a $50 itunes gift card (ill pm you the code) for really cheap (25-30$) pm me..i have one that i dont need and need money

get back to me quick

Was Bargainbin ever more than Free? or am I thinking of a similar app called something else that was $.99? Either way, got it and like it.

Another free "deal finder" app is in the store now. It's called Pandorabox. It's basically like Appsniper in that you can search and save games to wait for a drop. No category browsing though.

If you're a tower defense fan, Sentinel dropped from 4.99 to 2.99 yesterday.
Very polished game. I thinks I'm gonna bite. I'm a sucker for TD.

Having lots of fun with Fieldrunners. Picked up Geodefense but my initial impression is that the game isn't great and the placement of the towers is a little off.
Next on my is Pocket God and Idracula.

Anyone else have any reccomendations? Seems like I get the best advice from fellow cags on iphone games.

Am I the only one who found Pocket God incredibly disappointing? Even for .99, there's not much to it at all. How does it get such great ratings?

[quote name='107proof']Appsniper is the other app. It's $0.99.[/quote]

That's what it was called.

[quote name='dmunkee']Another free "deal finder" app is in the store now. It's called Pandorabox. It's basically like Appsniper in that you can search and save games to wait for a drop. No category browsing though.[/quote]

Hmm... ok, so would you prefer appsniper over any other app that's similar?

I bought GeoDefense and so far am really liking it. Love the graphics style and the gameplay. Note to ivanctorres: there is an option to move/place towers above your finger instead of underneath. That might help you?

I picked up geodefense for a dollar and it's crazy hard. I need to watch some playthroughs or something to get a hold of how you're suppose to play. I get murdered on the 6th level no matter what I do.

I like The Creeps! It's a good tower defence game to start with. I spoke with the developer and he said to expect a pretty good update this month. So I am looking forward to that.

Any one try All 51 games. It's a new app out today that is supposed to have 51 pretty sweet games. It's $0.99 today and I would try it out but I am not near a wifi point to download anything over 10MB. No reviews for it yet either.

Looking at that and iguirrilla.

[quote name='VipFREAK']
Hmm... ok, so would you prefer appsniper over any other app that's similar?[/quote]

Honestly, I haven't even checked out the deal apps all that much. I just realized that they've been starting to pop up all around the store. I mainly just check out price changes on:http://appshopper.com/

I hit up hotrocks for that $50 itunes card. Great deal to anyone else who needs one for half off ($25 free, hellz yea!).

I don't see the love of TD games some people have. Sure, the iphone/touch is interfaced VERY well for these type of games, but it seems people keep making them. If any, id like to see a TD based on a real war or something like US/German WWII TD game that took you through different levels of the Europe Campaign.

Or some more games like Arvale. That was worth the $3 big time!

I have like $32 credit left, and im "considering" Metal Gear, but im not sure, it just looks like a really polised version SHOOTER: Motion Picture game to me

Id like a decent survival horror game. I bougth Trapped! for $0.99, but it kinda sucks

[quote name='jcp42877']I hit up hotrocks for that $50 itunes card. Great deal to anyone else who needs one for half off ($25 free, hellz yea!).
[/quote]

erm... It's not a scam? I've been seeing a lot of these types on the ipod boards.

iDracula Lite (FREE) hit the app store today. For any of you unsure about dropping $2.99 on the once $0.99 game, you will want to check out iDracula Lite.
iDracula Lite is different from iDracula in terms of basic gameplay. While in iDracula you start with low level monsters and a simple gun to grow stronger and obtain better weapons. iDracula Lite contains a reversal of that - you start with a good selection of weapons, but you are extremely limited in ammo, and the monsters are quite strong already. Also, you won't get the reinforcement healing potions, ammo - nothing, you are on your own. So your best mission is to save your precious ammo (like grenades and crossbow bolts) for as long as you can.

[quote name='VipFREAK']erm... It's not a scam? I've been seeing a lot of these types on the ipod boards.[/quote]

I got a $50 one for $35 from him last night (guess I should have bargained harder, per jcp42877). He gave me a couple codes that didn't work, but then sent me a third that did.

Not sure where he's getting them, but I'm taking a don't ask, don't tell stance on this one. :cool:

[quote name='Tybee']Am I the only one who found Pocket God incredibly disappointing? Even for .99, there's not much to it at all. How does it get such great ratings?[/QUOTE]

I didn't care for it much. After 5 minutes I got bored with it, very shallow.

I love Light bike, it's the bikes from Tron.

Zombieville USA is pretty fun. Just started Time Crisis and 7 Cities and love them.

Smack boxing is nothing to get excited about and 3d brick breaker is okay but haven't played it more than once or twice just like the boxing game.

On the other hand for any comic fans, I love the Iverse Media stuff. First issue is free and other issues are only .99. Not bad when comics are $3-4 each nowadays.

[quote name='VipFREAK']erm... It's not a scam? I've been seeing a lot of these types on the ipod boards.[/quote]

totally legit. He was very quick on his replies; sent him the money, and within 3 mins of doing that, he'd already PM'ed me the code. Worked first try and i was happy :D

he told me to tell anyone else in case they needed one, but only one per person right now. I'm assuming he got them from one of those "Win an xbpx 360 or Ipod for FREE" sites that reimburses you with a gift for trying offers or doing something, which i've heard is legit after doing said offers.

He seems like a decent guy though, and if you're interested in the slightest, I'd hit him up in case he only has a few left.

Tried the demo (lite version) of Edge today and was very impressed. I'm on the verge of laying down the money for that one.

Also bought Zen Bound and love it. It's funny how I can pay $5 or $6 for a game and feel completely satisfied, but $1 for Pocket God and I feel ripped off.

[quote name='SithFran']I didn't care for it much. After 5 minutes I got bored with it, very shallow.

[/quote]

I agree, Pocket God looks good but and is cute at times, but it was only good for about 5 minutes worth of play, then it sits there untouched until the next update, then maybe 3 minutes worth of play, etc....

Boring, and I wish I would have saved my $0.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back