iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Malik112099']Just played through a bit of Modern Combat. Pretty decent for a FPS on the iphone. I would suggest waiting for a price drop though.

I also got Melon Golf and think it is pretty damn good[/QUOTE]

I was really tempted to get Modern Combat, but I think I'll wait.

[quote name='Indifference']I was really tempted to get Modern Combat, but I think I'll wait.[/QUOTE]

yeah...it is really awkward...the left and right side of the screen is like the left and right analog sticks (except the right side is more like a camera control than your head movements) but when you have to shoot someone the fire button is kind just there by the right "stick" and you end up shooting when you dont really want to. If you have to turn around you have to kinda swipe the camera over to do it instead of holding to one side and just turning. Maybe if there was auto-fire once your reticule turned red on an enemy it would make it a bit easier.

I have played orbital. Entertaining at first glance but gets old fast. You fire a ball out from the bottom. Wherever it stops a circle is formed. The circle expands until it hits another object or the walls of the board. The circles have a number 3 inside to begin with. This means it needs 3 hits to disappear. The object Is to shoot another ball into the existing circles to make them dissappear. Your shot will bounce off the circles and the number nside the circle will be decreased by 1. But remember wherever your shot ends up, a new circle with the number 3 is inside. So your board fills up fast and you hardly have any room to fire the ball or whatever it is. If your shot bounces toward the bottom of the screen and crosses the line. Game over! Look at the picture in the app store to better under stand my description. I would pass on it. I don't know if they have a lite version. I would say not since there is not much to it and games don't last much longer than 30 seconds. It is mildly entertaining at first but I was either aggrivated with it or bored with it within 20 minutes. Keep in mind. This is only my opinion. You may try it and love it. I didn't.

[quote name='mykevermin']+1

I think I've found my new favorite iphone game.[/QUOTE]

people on GAF are drooling over Wordace, so i downloaded it last night. I only looked at the description and screenshots, but I'm already impressed.

The proble. Of covering the speaker on the iPhone when held horizontally drives me batty too, but I blame the design. I really hope they cone with a better speaker placement in future revisions. I usually adjust my hand placement to avoid covering it, but inevitably I end up covering it again at some point.

[quote name='arcane93']Damn, I've been avoiding this one because I already have the 360 and DS versions, but for that price I might have to bite anyway. Anyone know if the iPhone version has anything in it that those don't?[/QUOTE]

It's definitely has more in common with the DS version ... the graphics aren't the selling point, but it has solid gameplay and the full version runs smoothly on my G1 iphone. I would recommend it, as the touch interface is nice and it's one of the better values on iTunes at the moment in my opinion.

[quote name='arcane93']Damn, I've been avoiding this one because I already have the 360 and DS versions, but for that price I might have to bite anyway. Anyone know if the iPhone version has anything in it that those don't?[/QUOTE]

I didn't like it

[quote name='DtotheP']Crash Nitro Kart is $2.99 right now for the 3 people who don't have it[/QUOTE]

I dont have it. Im assuming its good though?

Silent Hill: The Escape is $0.99 -- made this impulse buy, liked it a lot.
Resident Evil 4 is on sale for $2.99 --- in my opinion rubbish even at this price. If you want the full unadulterated Resident Evil 4 experience, you play the GameCube or the Wii version.
Mega Man 2 is on sale for $2.99 --- I've played the Lite version and it seems ok, can be a bit difficult to tap fire button and move Mega Man on such tiny controllers.

I thought the lite version of Mega Man was pretty good. Yeah, the vertical controls with the giant red joystick sucked bigtime, but held horizontal with a virtual control pad instead it played pretty well. However, note that I'm no Mega Man expert and I only played the lite version. I'm going to wait for $1.99, though.

[quote name='107proof']I have played orbital. Entertaining at first glance but gets old fast. You fire a ball out from the bottom. Wherever it stops a circle is formed. The circle expands until it hits another object or the walls of the board. The circles have a number 3 inside to begin with. This means it needs 3 hits to disappear. wherever your shot ends up, a new circle with the number 3 is inside.[/QUOTE]
Online game is called "Gimme Friction Baby" and I like it so much I have it bookmarked.

http://bit.ly/1GgFzY

Azkend has dropped from 4.99 to 0.99. Sorry, I don't know how to link. It's a fun game and worth a buck.

Anyone have any experience with Clue and Real Racing? I like the board game, but the mobile versions I've played in the past are fairly slow and boring. Real Racing looks nice, but how does it play?

Yeah I want to know how Reall Racing REALLY is. I was hoping the drop was gonna be to $4.99. So now I need to decide which $6.99 app to get Modern Combat, Gangstar or Real Racing

It doesn't say it in the description but the t-pain app also comes with a free punch in the throat from me for anyone using it within my hearing range! Yay free! I'll use my shaq fu on t-pain and the creators of autotune if I ever get the chance too! For free! Yay!

Also, iAmazing is free right now. It's just a collection of stereograms, only 19 in fact, but it's kind of amazing how great they look on te iPhone, very clear and precise. A cool show off app maybe? Anyway, it's free.

[quote name='DtotheP']Also, iAmazing is free right now. It's just a collection of stereograms, only 19 in fact, but it's kind of amazing how great they look on te iPhone, very clear and precise. A cool show off app maybe? Anyway, it's free.[/QUOTE]

i have never been able to see those things...pisses me off

Ugh, good thing I didn't buy the T-Pain app. Here I thought "oh, it must be detecting their pitch and flattening it out using auto-tune." Nah, it has built in timing and pitch for T-Pain's songs. I was hoping it was a tool that could let you sing auto-tune style for anything. Meh.

[quote name='Malik112099']i have never been able to see those things...pisses me off[/QUOTE]

I usually have a hard time with those too, but so far these just seem to be 3D versions of the actual picture and not some hidden one ... unless I suck and am doing it wrong. :lol:

[quote name='DtotheP']It doesn't say it in the description but the t-pain app also comes with a free punch in the throat from me for anyone using it within my hearing range! Yay free! I'll use my shaq fu on t-pain and the creators of autotune if I ever get the chance too! For free! Yay![/QUOTE]

If you can't find him I'll pricematch this deal ...

Real Racing is pretty sweet and has dropped to $6.99 from $9.99 for this weekend only. It's worth it IMHO... If someone else already posted this, then I am sorry.

[quote name='JazzFlight']Ugh, good thing I didn't buy the T-Pain app. Here I thought "oh, it must be detecting their pitch and flattening it out using auto-tune." Nah, it has built in timing and pitch for T-Pain's songs. I was hoping it was a tool that could let you sing auto-tune style for anything. Meh.[/QUOTE]

Thats if you have it set to "T-Pain" in the tuning options, just set it off that to whatever key you want to sing in

[quote name='Malik112099']Buy U A Drank costs extra! BULLSHIT! thats the only reason to get the I Am T-Pain app[/QUOTE]

It is ridiculous! its almost like building the app then licensing songs costs money WTF?!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hhhdx4']It is ridiculous! its almost like building the app then licensing songs costs money WTF?![/QUOTE]

hey there smarty....it comes with T-Pain songs but the video/ad for the app shows everyone singing buy u a drank which is like his hit song and of course once you buy the app you have to pay more to get the song that made you buy the app in the first place......

This in app purchasing shit is gonna end up being like buying add-ons to EA games on XBL or PSN

[quote name='Malik112099']This in app purchasing shit is gonna end up being like buying add-ons to EA games on XBL or PSN[/QUOTE]

You're surprised? I knew that this sort of thing was going to happen the moment I heard about it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']reinstating what i said on GAF:

Oh Shit! Semi gaming related:

8Bitone is on sale from 8.99 to .99!!!

nice... it's a full chiptunes sequencer :)

go here for tutorials on how to use:

http://www.youtube.com/user/yudoinc[/QUOTE]

can you automatically convert music from your iphone to 8 bit with this app? thanks!

[quote name='Pr0JectNymPh0!']can you automatically convert music from your iphone to 8 bit with this app? thanks![/QUOTE]

it's a sequencer. it dosnt convert music, it's a tool to make music.

Going to try to limit game-buying on my brand new iPhone, but picked up 2 $.99 games so far: Doodle Jump and Orbital. DJ is a fun little diversion, but haven't played Orbital yet.

+1 for 8bitone, I'm shocked it's that cheap. a few of Yudo's other apps are free too, including their new vocoder app which is probably similar to that tpain bs but more versatile.

+1 for 8bitone as well, I just bought it in this sale [despite owning a real synth and iSyn] and it's definitely worth the $1. I was playing it on my iPod through a speaker while waiting to leave work. Was fun. :p

Just wanted to again say thank you to everyone keeping the thread updated with free apps and games (and those who post drops as well); my girlfriend has been very entertained.

I ended up giving her the $3 to buy Resident Evil 4 on the iPhone, and I'm amazed out how good it looks. I only played one level so far and I felt it was worth it

Can 8bitone export to anything? I have no knowledge of synthesizers, but I figure that this would be a fun thing to fool around with if I have nothing better to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back