iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='King Royalty']I have a 1st gen ipod touch thats still on 1.3 jailbreaked with lots of apps, if i update the software will i have to rejailbreak and download all my apps over again?[/QUOTE]

Even though my iPod Touch is not jailbroken, I do know that you have to back up your apps before you update if you don't want to lose your data. I have no idea if this also applies to apps that are specific to the iPod being jailbroken.

Read this TouchArcade thread. I hope that helps!

I am not sure if you guys frown upon these types of questions but I just picked up a touch today. In your opinions, what would be your top 5-10 must have games?

[quote name='pbnate88']I am not sure if you guys frown upon these types of questions but I just picked up a touch today. In your opinions, what would be your top 5-10 must have games?[/QUOTE]

I got almost all of these for $0.99 each (except for civ rev - $2.99 and some free ones), so if you're not in a hurry, it doesn't hurt to wait because most of these games goes on sale every now and then.

I have a lot of games but I think these are the best.

Civilization Revolution
Peggle
Luxor
Inkvaders
Minigore
Rolando
Knights on Rush
geoDefense
Flight Control
Football U
Alive4ever
Bookworm
Defender Chronicles
Siberian
Taxi Ball
Aurora Feint

[quote name='pbnate88']I am not sure if you guys frown upon these types of questions but I just picked up a touch today. In your opinions, what would be your top 5-10 must have games?[/QUOTE]

My recommendations:

• Alive 4-Ever is a great overhead shooter with RPG elements and is mission based.
  • Bookworm is my personal favorite word game (though now tied with the free Word Ace, which you should get for sure.)
  • Fieldrunners and geoDefense are my favorite Tower Defense games, and many people love Creeps as well.
  • I have a soft spot for Inkvaders. Really fun.

Also, you should get the following free games.

• Tap Tap Revenge 2
  • A Quest of Knights Onrush
  • Word Ace

Hope you have fun with your new Touch!

[quote name='Pr0JectNymPh0!']I got almost all of these for $0.99 each (except for civ rev - $2.99 and some free ones), so if you're not in a hurry, it doesn't hurt to wait because most of these games goes on sale every now and then.

I have a lot of games but I think these are the best.

Peggle
Rolando
geoDefense
Bookworm
Defender Chronicles
Taxi Ball
[/QUOTE]

I have and can vouch for the above games from Pr0JectNymPh0!'s original list (I don't know about the ones that I knocked off). I'm addicted to Bookworm right now...(I'm in the middle of an epic game where I passed 1mil points...woohoo!)

Anyway, I'd like to add Boxed In, Mevo, Word Ace, and Tower Madness (I believe all are free). You should pick these up while your waiting for the pricey-er apps to drop.

Thanks fellas, still looking around, too bad I missed the free cornhole game but am downloading all of these now. I want to pick up some Itunes cards to keep a limit any deals on those anywhere?

Also has anyone updated their software?

My favorites are much different ...

Alive 4-ever
Doom: Resurrection
Hero of Sparta
Inkvaders
The Creeps
Wolfenstein RPG
Zenonia

... personally I think GeoDefense sucks and it crashes way too much.

My top suggestions for apps:

Alive 4-ever
Fieldrunners
Flight Control
Glyder
iDracula
Lemonade Tycoon (free)
Let's Golf
Melon Golf
Moto X Mayhem
Peggle
A Quest of Knights Onrush (free)
Tap Tap Revenge 2.0 (free)
Wolfenstein RPG
Word Ace (free)

[quote name='Malik112099']ugh...alone at war and antibody SUCK ASS[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I heard that Alone at War was not so great, but from what I played of Antibody, it seems pretty good. Not deep, mind you, but a decent time waster.

[quote name='DtotheP']Eliss is down to $2.99. Still kinda high for me but it's the lowest I've seen it.[/QUOTE]
I snagged Eliss back during a $1.99 sale and I felt that was about appropriate, it's a great use of multitouch for sure, but after innovation wears off it's not as impressive. If you're not desperate for a new type of puzzler, waiting for a price drop would be advisable. There is also a Lite that will showcase what you're in for if you bite. Also worth noting, later levels tend to occupy as many fingers as possible so it's not as portable as some games as it tends to play better laid on a table with access to multiple fingers from both hands.

As for Rolando 2, I'm going to assume it's a drop and hold off as the original is still in my list of purchased-but-not-played.

Rolando 2 is down to $5.99 (from $9.99). Might be a permanent drop, I'm not sure. I've still barely played the first one, so I'm holding off.

[quote name='blue ocarina']I snagged Eliss back during a $1.99 sale and I felt that was about appropriate, it's a great use of multitouch for sure, but after innovation wears off it's not as impressive. If you're not desperate for a new type of puzzler, waiting for a price drop would be advisable. There is also a Lite that will showcase what you're in for if you bite. Also worth noting, later levels tend to occupy as many fingers as possible so it's not as portable as some games as it tends to play better laid on a table with access to multiple fingers from both hands.

As for Rolando 2, I'm going to assume it's a drop and hold off as the original is still in my list of purchased-but-not-played.[/QUOTE]

Eliss has been on sale for $0.99 before. That is when I got it. You might try waiting for another one of those.

Hey, just an FYI, I just got an email about that itunes $10 gift card survey and they actually sent me a code. So for those who filled out that survey, check your emails!

And don't forget you can redeem them on your iphone as well. (New feature to me anyways.)

[quote name='TheRock88']Still havent received mine. :(

Did you email them asking about it?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I emailed them on Sept. 2 and told them I completed the survey and didn't get my gift card and left them my email. they replied today with "thanks, here is your code."

Sometimes you gotta grease that squeaky wheel.

Oh, and that avatar is hilarious.

[quote name='LuisRM']Hey, just an FYI, I just got an email about that itunes $10 gift card survey and they actually sent me a code. So for those who filled out that survey, check your emails!

And don't forget you can redeem them on your iphone as well. (New feature to me anyways.)[/QUOTE]

I didn't filled up the survey but I emailed them that I did, and I got a $10 code today, hahaha. :lol: Thanks RR.

[quote name='Pr0JectNymPh0!']I didn't filled up the survey but I emailed them that I did, and I got a $10 code today, hahaha. :lol: Thanks RR.[/QUOTE]
Got mine also, thanks OP

[quote name='cycophuk']I hate to spoil everyone's fun and get back on topic, but 8Bitone MICRO COMPOSER has dropped back down to .99 today. If you missed out the first time like I did, here's your second chance.

http://appshopper.com/link/8bitone-micro-composer

BTW: I emailed them as well about the code. Still waiting to hear back.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up on 8bitone. I was really disappointed when I missed the $.99 sale last time and I just grabbed it with that $10 code from the survey.

RR - does that mean people that selected the option "No, but I would like an iTunes gift card" or people that just didn't put in their contact info? I know that I selected that "Yes..." I'd be OK with them using my responses in their project. So hopefully they'll recognize that and still send the code.

Also, I'm no music producer, but I did download 8bitone at $1 because it sounds like it'd be pretty cool!

[quote name='iowaholdem']RR - does that mean people that selected the option "No, but I would like an iTunes gift card" or people that just didn't put in their contact info? I know that I selected that "Yes..." I'd be OK with them using my responses in their project. So hopefully they'll recognize that and still send the code.
[/QUOTE]

I am not entirely sure, but from what I asked I think we should be safe.

[quote name='CheapStu']Booya, e-mailed dts a week ago and just recieved mine. For all that doubted RR, shame on you! :shame::shame:[/QUOTE]

:lol: even I doubted myself when initially doing it. I hope I do get one though since their response was weird. Anyone use "anonymous" but still get a code?

also from now I'll be doing game posts in the following format since I find pics sell an item better than straight text:

came across a very simple but well executed game...

Memovator

351108.jpg
351108_3.jpg

it's basically people riding an elevator and you have to tap the screen when you arrive to a floor. each level uses different methods of floor types. simple but very well executed, especially the art style.

and the good news? It's free for this weekend!

Didn't see this posted. The update for 3.1 for the Touch has been discounted 50%. It is now 4.95. It's worth it to me to go ahead with at that price. Should be free, but 5 bucks is better than 10.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I am not entirely sure, but from what I asked I think we should be safe.

came across a very simple but well executed game...

Memovator

it's basically people riding an elevator and you have to tap the screen when you arrive to a floor. each level uses different methods of floor types. simple but very well executed, especially the art style.

and the good news? It's free for this weekend![/QUOTE]
I gotta say, this is really not worth paying money for.

[quote name='pete5883']I gotta say, this is really not worth paying money for.[/QUOTE]

I kinda agree, but it's so simple but wrapped in such a nice package it's not bad at all really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back