Iron Man - Movie Thread

isnt marvel working REALLY closely with the people making this movie? (or making it themselves, dont remember)....if so, wouldnt they try to make it as close to the comics as possible? therefore...wouldnt that mean it wont suck?

This movie looks like a good one .

Robert Downey Jr. is a great actor who takes his work serioiusly it should turn out good .

This won't be another Punisher , Daredevil , Elektra , Punisher , Ghost Rider , etc .

[quote name='GuilewasNK']That looked awesome.

And the top Superhero film is Mask of the Phantasm. :)[/QUOTE]

I dunno Return of the Joker Unrated was pretty damn good

i have been waiting a while for this and thought the trailer was pretty badass. Too bad its an origin story, those always take forever to get to the good stuff. Also i cant remember was tony stark always such a smart ass?

[quote name='buffdrew84']i have been waiting a while for this and thought the trailer was pretty badass. Too bad its an origin story, those always take forever to get to the good stuff. Also i cant remember was tony stark always such a smart ass?[/quote]

i never read any iron man comic books or payed attention to iron man at all (besides watching him on spiderman occasionally), but i just read the wikipedia page and its pretty cool.

yea it says hes arrogant which probably will lead to him being a smart ass.

plus, he's being played by R. Downey Jr.....

[quote name='D_Icon']

The top Superhero film has to be Batman Begins.[/QUOTE]
Oh for sure. I can't think of another superhero movie (live action) that can compare.

As for the trailer it gets a giant "meh" from me.

The special effects look ok, but really that isn't enough to make it a good movie or get me to see it.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']I dunno Return of the Joker Unrated was pretty damn good[/quote]

Damn! Forgot about that one. Ok, Return of the Joker Uncut, then Mask of the Phantasm. :)

[quote name='Richlough']This movie looks like a good one .
This won't be another Punisher , Daredevil , Elektra , Punisher , Ghost Rider , etc .[/QUOTE]
Wait so did you like the Punisher? ;)

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Looked kinda cheesy to me and when they started playing Black Sabbath's Iron Man, I cringed. Here's hoping it's good though.[/QUOTE]
I went YES! when they played Iron Man. Seriously how could they make this movie without playing it? The trailer at least, hell make it the movie's theme song and get prepared for a whole movie season of college/high school kids saying I AM IRONMAN.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Wait so did you like the Punisher? ;)

[/QUOTE]

There's 2 Punisher movies .

The 1st one is the Dolph Lundgren one with the Michael Jackson Moonwalker Genesis game plot .
Then there's of course the newer one .

looks like it has a lot of potential and reminds me a lot of the ang lee hulk movie, which i found entertaining. i doubt this would end up as good as spider-man though or as big as success.

Wow that trailer was cool. I love almost everything Robert Downey Jr is in so I think I will like this.

Also to whoever said that it looked cheesy, I mean cmon aren't all comic books cheesy?

[quote name='Gameboy415']Oh man, looks great!

What else is in the Marvel pipeline besides this and Incredible Hulk?[/quote]Looks like Captain America and Wolverine are going to be the big ones for 08/09.

Ever since Fantastic 4, it has been all down hill for Marvel properties. This one looks no different.

Build me a missle in a day! No, but I will design, fabricate, and utilize a full-bodied iron suit and break out of here.

It is not to say I am writing the movie off completely, it's just I remember Ghost Rider, FF, X3, The Punisher (thanks Travolta), Elektra, Blade: Trinity, Spider-Man 3, and Daredevil. Comic-based properties, on an average, have a crap track record. The bad def outweights the good.

although i never followed captain america at all, i think there's potential for a pretty awesome movie with him. they should have him facing off with shield like he does in civil war, hell they should just do civil war in an epic trilogy.

After much consideration... It's a pass for me. Would rather watch Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. It's a shame so many better movies will get overlooked on CAG.

I don't care particularly for Downey Jr. as an actor overall but I must admit he's perfect to play Tony Stark and Sam Jackson as Nick Fury is a no-brainer as his comic counterpart in the Ultimate universe was modeled after him anyway.

Another Ghost Rider?

What language(s) would you prefer to read the word "No" in?

I think a lot of people in CAG thought Ghost Rider would be good.

In my experience, "a lot of people in CAG", as elsewhere on the Geeknet, are inherently overeager and willing to err on the side of delusional optimism time and time again. They also have a penchant for getting louder and louder with their enthusiasm as the plausibility of anything approaching a 'best case scenario' decreases. I guess it's to neutralize downers like me.

EDIT: This movie will be "Certified Fresh" once the reviews roll in, as at worst, the cast will cloud the vision of the critics who would dislike it otherwise. But I think it's going to rock and maybe even stir up a little political debating. Okay, it's going to get nerds, both 'red' and 'blue', banned everywhere.

EDIT II: Looks like Captain America and Wolverine are going to be the big ones for 08/09.

The latter appears to be lensing this November, give or take, fast-tracked mostly out of pre-strike paranoia, and the former...there's no concrete casting info I've heard of, and getting the character not to look completely cornball in a live action setting, as well as selling the character internationally, is going to be really tricky.

[quote name='Zen Davis']After much consideration... It's a pass for me. Would rather watch Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. It's a shame so many better movies will get overlooked on CAG.[/QUOTE]

What, are you only allowed to see one movie a year, before they stick you back in solitary confinement, Mad Dog? ;) You could just see ’em both, you know.

im still a little hesitant on how good it will be with downey playing tony...

as for the cgi and stuff, i saw the actual suit used in the movie at comic-con san diego and it was fucking awesome...plus it was like 7ft tall, the thing was huge.

Searching for ironman came up with this as the most recent mention. Bringing this back up since I didn't feel like startin a new thread for it...

Anyway does anybody know where to find a psp formatted version of the latest Ironman trailer? I think it debuted at the end of february.

Also, anybody know where I can find this image as a highres wallpaper?
ironman_evolution.jpg

[quote name='imascrub']Searching for ironman came up with this as the most recent mention. Bringing this back up since I didn't feel like startin a new thread for it...

Anyway does anybody know where to find a psp formatted version of the latest Ironman trailer? I think it debuted at the end of february.

Also, anybody know where I can find this image as a highres wallpaper?
ironman_evolution.jpg
[/quote]

Here's the biggest one i've seen:
http://marvel.com/news/moviestories.2689.Wonderbuzz~colon~_New_Iron_Man_Movie_Poster

You got to go see it, awesome special effects. Entertaining movie, and it's worth seeing in the theater with a really sweet sound system. And a crowd that cheers.

The explosions are unreal.

Didn't see any official thread.

I look forward to seeing Downey Jr. accurately portray Tony Stark. I hope he keeps on the damn mask, though; unlike Tobey Maguire and his vanity shots. Terrence Howard as Rhodey is just great casting, and I'm glad they went with Iron Monger in the first film. I predict this movie will become the standard for all Marvel comic book based movies.

For those of you who want to take a break from GTA, there is the new Iron Man movie coming to theaters tommorrow.

Oh and a hot tip: Be sure to watch the end of the credits! There is going to be a surprise for all you Marvel Fans
Samuel L. Jackson makes an appearance and he is Nick Fury!

I look forward to seeing Downey Jr. accurately portray Tony Stark. I hope he keeps on the damn mask, though; unlike Tobey Maguire and his vanity shots. Terrence Howard as Rhodey is just great casting, and I'm glad they went with Iron Monger in the first film. I predict this movie will become the standard for all Marvel comic book based movies.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']what the hell. Nick Fury isnt black.[/QUOTE]

in the marvel ultimate universe he is

I'm interested to see if they lay any seeds for crossovers in this movie, like they have with Downey playing Stark in the upcoming Incredible Hulk movie.

[quote name='R1V3R5']And the Ultimate universe sucks.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't change the fact that he's black in it

[quote name='anomynous']Doesn't change the fact that he's black in it[/QUOTE]

Doesn't change the fact that it sucks.

Plus, I don't want them getting the marvel universe crossed with the crappy ultimate universe. We don't want marvel thinking they can just toss in ultimate stuff and we will be cool with it. I think the ultimate universe needs to be forgotten.. because it sucks. In fact, I almost forgot how bad it was until I was at the comic store browsing the other day and ran across some Ultimate TPBs. I'm just hoping all those people at marvel have since been fired.

[quote name='R1V3R5']Doesn't change the fact that it sucks.

Plus, I don't want them getting the marvel universe crossed with the crappy ultimate universe. We don't want marvel thinking they can just toss in ultimate stuff and we will be cool with it. I think the ultimate universe needs to be forgotten.. because it sucks. In fact, I almost forgot how bad it was until I was at the comic store browsing the other day and ran across some Ultimate TPBs. I'm just hoping all those people at marvel have since been fired.[/quote]

Who gives a shit? There have been like 20 million different storylines for every superhero and they get one movie. Let em cross whatever the hell they want as long as it turns out well.

I really considered staying after the credits, but didn't... :bomb:

lol @ the OP hiding the spoiler and everyone else just talking about it. :roll:

Loved the movie. Perfect cast, many future hints/comments, and the ending is just... different.

Just got back, best superhero/comic book movie ever, except for Batman Begins

And Sam Jackson cameo was great

I have a really clear idea of who Nick Fury is and it isn't Sam Jackson. The Jim Steranko Nick Fury is the real deal.

bread's done
Back