It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='heffaji']I haven't checked. I'm waiting on some reports of any price drops before I make the drive out to one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't want to waste a trip either. I have limited time for that kind of stuff these days.

[quote name='ryosnk']Anyone going to attend Wizard world Chicago?[/QUOTE]

I think I'll be there for a day just for some free posters and whatnot.

[quote name='ryosnk']Anyone going to attend Wizard world Chicago?[/quote]

I will be there for all four days. It's always a huge deal for my friends and I.

Anyone wants to add me to thier friends list on XBL? I could use some more people to play with even though I'm not that good.

Hmm, I'm surprised that no one has posted about the Toys "R" Us blowout sale? Has anyone gone to the TRU on Western Ave? I haven't been there in quite a while, I hope there's a few Xbox deals left...

Hey chicago I need a little help here.

This may not be a video game deal but I was looking for a good gym to join.

Anyone got any news on promos or a lil local joint they know of?
I've been to a few YMCA's and it aint bad but a little crappy. Looking at a place called Xsports that my sister goes to.

So anyone got any deals on gym memberships?

The ballys in the loops always has some kind of deal going on. I don't have a membership, but one day it was $30 down and $30 a month which sounds good to me. This ballys is close to the Old Navy at washington and state.

anybody here know where to get Hori DS lite screen protectors in the chicago/IL area? am not really used to buying stuff online..

Hello all, I'm new to Chicago, this is my second week here.
I live in 162 N. State Street and was wondering if anyone knew of any cheap places to get games, thrift stores, pawn shops and the such that is around me and such.

Thank you,
- from Ryan (the total nub)

[quote name='D_Icon']Hey where do you guys go to school here in Chi-Town?[/QUOTE]

I go to school at School of the Art institute of Chicago "SAIC". And am still looking for places around Chicago that's accesible well.....via bus, subway, cab or whatever that are good for getting decent food, cheap games, and just thrift shops ingeneral.

Any help would be really nice.
Thank you =D

[quote name='D_Icon']Hey where do you guys go to school here in Chi-Town?[/QUOTE]

I dont go to school there but I work at UIC.

Does anyone know what happened to the Fry's Electronics Ads that were in the Sun Times? I have not seen one since early two weeks ago. There was nothing today either. They usually have ads in Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday paper.

I have been using them for price matching purposes for years nows, basically ever since I first found out about them. I have only been to the store once or twice because it is about an hour away from me and not really worth the travel.

I know in Friday ad LocoRoco was only $29.99 and I wanted to pick it up. Does anyone know where I can maybe get scans of the Ad on the web. I searched online but could not seem to find the current ads.

I was looking for last weeks frys ad too. I didnt see it in yesterdays paper either. I hope they dont pull their ads from the papers. I was also using them for price matching.

I go to RMC in the loop.

Who's camping out for PS3?

I can vouch for the fact that the Fry's ad showed up in the Tribune on the same day it disappeared from the Sun Times. I was one very happy camper, since I have a discounted Tribune subscription, and never got the Sun Times.

When it was in the Sun Times, I've always used the scans from http://tapchivitinh.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 and have been able to price match at various stores. I found it originally by doing a google search for the terms: fry ad chicago. (This comes in very handy when trying to price match while in another store and all you have handy is an internet connection.)

For anyone interested in movie posters, Landmark Century Cinema is having a poster sale this weekend noon-6, Sept. 23 &24. A lot of good, cheap poster. Cheap independent posters, kind of pricey major realease posters.

[quote name='rjarmstrong100']I go to school at School of the Art institute of Chicago "SAIC". And am still looking for places around Chicago that's accesible well.....via bus, subway, cab or whatever that are good for getting decent food, cheap games, and just thrift shops ingeneral.

Any help would be really nice.
Thank you =D[/QUOTE]

Crazy! My sister is in her final year at the School of the Art Institute. Small world. Welcome to Chi-Town. Easily accessible places with thrift shops would be the Belmont/Halsted area near The Alley. It's been a while since I've been there, but last I heard the Army Surplus and thrift shops were still out there. You can take the Red Line north to the Belmont stop which puts you right there. One of my favorite places to grab quick food for lunch was Under 55 at 55 W. Monroe (Monroe and Wabash, take the escalators down) Six bucks and change gets you a meal (large variety), drink, and frozen yogurt. Decent food is everywhere in the city...it's one of the things I love about Chicago. Anything specific you're looking for?

So far I hear the Tower deals are only 30% off, which means it's about equal to BestBuy pricing. No PS3 preorder for me. I was in a training session and by the time I called the EB/GS in the area they were all booked up.

Sup everyone, I'm from chicago and usually just lurk around the forum, but i'd liek to start contributing a lil more. I wouldve added a few import shops, but it seems that the only 2 i knew of, cyberzone games (near arlington heights) and highscore (around beverly in southside), have both closed down. There was a pretty awesome store on Harlem by the HIP that sells lots of older games, but i forgot the name.

anyone know of any import shops around? I hate having to order online all the time. Anyways, keep the peace.

[quote name='Ranma444']There was a pretty awesome store on Harlem by the HIP that sells lots of older games, but i forgot the name.[/quote]

Videogames Etc.

It's a fantastic store. Tons of old games and consoles. Where else could you find Ninja Gaiden III for the Lynx, a sealed (!) copy of Custer's Revenge for the 2600, and Spike for Vectrex. And don't even get me started on that prototype Space Invaders cartridge from the Atari labs. (It's in the front case, check it out.)

[quote name='ryosnk']That was an awesome bears game against the cardinals.[/QUOTE]
Yes, it was quite the game... at least, after the first half ended. :) Glad they were able to pull it out.

Hey if anyone is interested. My brother just came back from gameworks (located in the woodfield mall-schaumburg) and they have Virtua Fighter 5. He said their was a decent line and that the animation was smooth and the graphics were sweet.

depending on their allocation i'm going to be camping saturday night for a PS3 preorder sunday morning at the TRU on Western/Roscoe. anyone else camping?

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']depending on their allocation i'm going to be camping saturday night for a PS3 preorder sunday morning at the TRU on Western/Roscoe. anyone else camping?[/quote]

nice. i might camp for a wii out at the bestbuy in evanston.

[quote name='ryosnk']Did anyone try to preorder gow and get the xbox live points at best buy for a total of $11?[/QUOTE]

Not yet but I'm going to try tomorrow. I'll be happy if I can get two point cards.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']depending on their allocation i'm going to be camping saturday night for a PS3 preorder sunday morning at the TRU on Western/Roscoe. anyone else camping?[/QUOTE]

Hey this thread is for Chicagoans only - get back to the Republic of California where you belong.

I was planning on just getting up at 5am for this but thinking about it, it might be worth it to camp out since this is the only TRU left that's actually in Chicago and the weather has got the be better this weekend than mid-late November. The only hitch I see is TRU's allotment and how they'll handle things (if you're first to pre-order, does that mean they'll hold the first PS3 for you on launch day or do you have to line up again so you're not stuck with a 20gb model?)

Anyway, shoot me a PM or reply here to let us know how many people would be up for this.

[quote name='jasonlives13']Not yet but I'm going to try tomorrow. I'll be happy if I can get two point cards.[/QUOTE]

Here's an update for Chicagoans trying to get the GOW preorder/$5 points -

North/Sheffield and Elston/Webster are both out of the GOW preorder packs
while Clark St has plenty of them but is out of the points cards. Better off in the 'burbs I guess but if need be, you can also buy some points at N/S or E/W, do a return at Clark St and buy them back along with GOW.

Anyone know the score at either the Evanston store or the one on Touhy just west of the Edens (is that Niles or Skokie?)

The golf mill best buy has a bunch of gow preorder available and the harlem and irving bb did not have any live points available. but a few gow preorders.

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Hey this thread is for Chicagoans only - get back to the Republic of California where you belong.

I was planning on just getting up at 5am for this but thinking about it, it might be worth it to camp out since this is the only TRU left that's actually in Chicago and the weather has got the be better this weekend than mid-late November. The only hitch I see is TRU's allotment and how they'll handle things (if you're first to pre-order, does that mean they'll hold the first PS3 for you on launch day or do you have to line up again so you're not stuck with a 20gb model?)

Anyway, shoot me a PM or reply here to let us know how many people would be up for this.[/QUOTE]

i'll probably show up at like 2. there's a slight chance i may not make it, but if i can i'll be there as early as possible. hopefully see you there john.

bread's done
Back