It took 108 years but this is finally home of the World Series champs Cubs!

ryosnk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Chicago's Very Own thread

9/11/ 2010 Meetup - at Galloping Ghost Arcade - Brookfield IL
top row:shieryda, CAG 79, ryosnk, slowdive21, mrosnwo, chi.bri
bottom row: Blackout, Ruben (ryosnk brother), dpac andWeaponX2099
chicagocags.jpg

Home of the 2013 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Home of the 2009-2010 stanley cup champions - chicago blackhawks!

Hello, I am a Chicago guy so I would like to start a Chicago thread so maybe we can help each other out by letting Chicago area cheapasses find cheap deals.
:D

-Saturday, April 5 at 3PM Dunaly's on the Square 3137 W. Logan Blvd.-

7/31/2007
Would anyone be interested in a CAG Chicago meet up at game works (in woodfield)? They have a special for $10 on thursday for all you can play from 9 to midnight.

More info here: http://www.gameworks.com/events_deta...?location_id=6

HOME OF THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX
sox1.gif

20176977.jpg

Chicago member List (Now I know who gets my games :wink: j/k)

akilshohen
Apossum
Birbo
bobo2k4
Chickenhawk
Darkside Hazuki
Dpac
EdS25
FlipSide
Flybrione
Gameboy415
heffaji
JJAPPLE
jaykrue
jonnyfivealive
Johnny Postman
Jonny Polychronopoulos
Loserboy
mario23air
Maynard
Minqqq
peccosan
Prepster
Ragingbull2380
Rig
rly723
Rocksolidaudio (1up located in San Francisco)
ryosnk (Addison and austin)
SEGA128DC
SeraphiMichael
shadd01
shieryda (located near Six Corners)
Slipknot9762
souNReAL
Stoneage
tmei03
tqm11
Vicious
Walt Jay
Watchman
WeaponX2099
Wiseguy

Here are some little known stores in the Chicagoland area.

VideoGames Etc.
4351 N. Harlem
Norridge, IL 60706

Gamerz Garage
6128 Cass Ave
Westmont, IL 60559

Message originally posted by ryosnk on 04-19-2004 at 05:31 PM:

I'm going to be a dad! 10/02/07

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited by ryosnk : 12-11-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Last edited 3/25/08 at 1:40am

last edit 8-21-08 5:12pm

Last edited by ryosnk; 09-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 09-25-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Last edited by ryosnk; 10-01-2008 at 03:00 AM.
8/27/2010
GO WHITE SOX AND CUBBIES! Maybe next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shieryda']It was a good time. Hope to go again in a few months. Hopefully, they'll have some more game fixed up and ready to play.[/QUOTE]

I talked to Doc and he said the discount will be an ongoing offer for our group. :D I am not sure if we can get that rate if we only have a few people though (I didn't ask).

Thanks everyone for the sales/trades!

It was great seeing all you guys there! It was a really fun time. I'm glad we were all able to get out there and hang out.

I also had a great time playing, trading and selling with you guys. I also loved the place as well. Nice to see that places like that still exists.

Had a good time as well. (Got in late after the arcade after shopping at Kmart and then jumping into StarCraft after a bite to eat.) Great to meet everyone and make a trade -- plus buy an SF game pad from CAG 79. I'll hafta practice more on my PS3 if I'm gonna make better use of a TE Fight Stick sometime. The Simpsons was tiring for a while, but I think I wrenched my left arm significantly more overdoing the joystick motions on the Capcom fighting games. Will have to do this again. :D

[quote name='dpac']The Simpsons was tiring for a while, but I think I wrenched my left arm significantly more overdoing the joystick motions on the Capcom fighting games. Will have to do this again. :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blackout']Tell me about it. The Simpsons Game really wrecks your arms/hands.[/QUOTE]

I didn't want to be the first to admit it, but I definitely have an ache in my left shoulder. Probably from the fighting games!

[quote name='slowdive21']I didn't want to be the first to admit it, but I definitely have an ache in my left shoulder. Probably from the fighting games![/QUOTE]

Way too much hadouken/shoryuken spamming for me on Saturday. Forearm is still off today, but last night was pretty rough. Jumping into Capcom's Alien vs. Predator for a bit didn't help, either. Seriously need more training with a fighting stick (versus a game/d-pad) to avoid these rare arcade aches. :)

It was great meeting all of you while you were at the Galloping Ghost Arcade. I'm glad everyone seemed to like it. Hopefully you guys will come back soon...let me know and I'll make sure we have some cool stuff planned. X-men will be back up soon too!

Thanks

Doc

Last edited by a moderator:
It was fun meeting and seeing previous members from past meetups. Thanks shieryda for the guide and thanks cag79 for the bioshock. I will post the pics when I can upload to computer.

Yeah man, you effed up! :)

Great to have you on CAG Doc! Keep up the awesome work you're doing over at the arcade!

[quote name='WeaponX2099']It's like you're in witness protection.[/QUOTE]

I have enough trouble with penny guides, plus I have a lot of stuff, so I don't want to get robbed by a lurker. The "bragging rights" threads only work if people can't find you! ;)

[quote name='Blackout']Tell me about it. The Simpsons Game really wrecks your arms/hands.[/QUOTE]

We should have warmed up before hitting that game right when we got there.

Had a great time meeting everyone and definitely got 10-bucks of gaming in.

[quote name='guinaevere']I am seriously jealous of you all getting together.

edit: shieryda, I always pictured you as the guy in your avatar. XD[/QUOTE]

I do enjoy a nice peanut butter and crack sandwich now and again.

[quote name='CAG 79']Why the happy face on slowdive?[/QUOTE]

I have enough trouble with penny guides, plus I have a lot of stuff, so I don't want to get robbed by a lurker. The "bragging rights" threads only work if people can't find you! ;)

^^^This is why.

X-men is back up and running! Just got a new board with working sound!

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Call me when X-men is fixed.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ghostlord']X-men is back up and running! Just got a new board with working sound![/QUOTE]

:applause:

Awesome!!

I didn't know about that MvsC3 thing. Thanks for posting. I may have to go check that out. I know a friend of mine will die to hear this.

Hmm, does anyone know if the Toys 'R Us on Western and Belmont has the 4th out of 5 Halo: Reach collectible card? I was there last week, but they didn't have it, only the 3rd and 5th collectible cards...

OT: So I randomly have an early dinner tonite at Bubba Gump (never again) at Navy Pier and then head over to the Sox game (never...not anytime again soon) and the same MILF that was sitting across from us at dinner is in the next section over, several rows ahead. And they were Tigers fans. Chicago can feel like a small town at times.

bread's done
Back