It Took 18 Seconds to Realize I Wasted $65 on WrestleMania Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Morrison getting thrown around by Jessica Alba? Sure why not. EDIT - sorry, the pic was resized when I hit preview.
001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='diddy310']John Morrison getting thrown around by Jessica Alba? Sure why not.

[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised he didn't throw a fit and cry about how Alba got that spot and not Melina...

Diddy, can you spoiler that giant pic please? It's fucking up the whole page.

Also, why was Jaime Noble breaking up Lesnar and Cena on Monday?

wwe-raw-20120410023201704.jpg

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For me it was pics #5, 7, 10, 12, 29 and 32. I also had forgotten that Earthquake went over to WCW for a short stint after being in the WWF.

Not to mention I don't recall Mean Gene pinning Kevin Nash(last pic).[/QUOTE]

7 is Oz - Kevin Nash (Wizard of Oz)
10 - One of the Nitro Girls, I think Baby
12 - was from Oz's first entrance
29 - Norman the Lunatic
32 - The Maestro

The last pic I believe was Mean Gene pinning Mark Madden on an episode of Thunder.

If you look closely, you can see Melina peering through the plants in the background.

[quote name='JJSP']Dean Ambrose was reportedly sent home from the SD tapings last night.[/QUOTE]

The stuff going on with him and Foley is great.

FCW star Dean Ambrose posted a photo of scars on his back this morning and said he was visiting with the WWE doctors, possibly for a physical. This could be another sign that Ambrose is close to debuting on TV. He wrote:
“Fun morning trying to explain gross barbwire scars and excessive nerve damage to #wwe doctors,#thanksmick”

Following Tuesday’s SuperSmackDown LIVE, Mick Foley continued his Twitter feud with WWE developmental wrestler Dean Ambrose, writing: “I had a slight problem at Smackdown, so I took care of it. I didn’t ask WWE to send him home, but I’m glad they did. Sayanora scumbag.”

“ok,so I get sent home from tvs? cuz MICK feels uncomfortable? like I did something wrong? like I’M a criminal? #hardcorelegend=softcorebitch”

[quote name='musha666']I'm surprised he didn't throw a fit and cry about how Alba got that spot and not Melina...[/QUOTE]

Melina didn't get the spot because she was already booked to fuck some other guy.

Bit of interesting info I never knew about until now on Dream Theater's Twelve-Step Suite which deals with Mike Portnoy's struggles and eventually recovery from alcohol and drug abuse.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve-step_Suite

Portnoy described the ninth part of the Suite, "Restitution", as being "all about making amends to people you've harmed".[4] When writing it, he did not want to write about his own personal life as it would have made the song "too specific" to himself, wanting to make the lyrics more general. He instead asked friends of the band to contribute spoken word apologies. Steve Hogarth, Steven Wilson, Jon Anderson, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Mikael Åkerfeldt, Corey Taylor, Daniel Gildenlöw, Neal Morse, David Ellefson and Chris Jericho all contributed apologies which featured in the final track. Portnoy was disappointed that Dave Mustaine, Geoff Tate, Bruce Dickinson and James Hetfield declined his invitation, but was pleased with the final list of contributors.

That kinda makes the character Chris Jericho is portraying a bit... odd.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Bit of interesting info I never knew about until now on Dream Theater's Twelve-Step Suite which deals with Mike Portnoy's struggles and eventually recovery from alcohol and drug abuse.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve-step_Suite

That kinda makes the character Chris Jericho is portraying a bit... odd.[/QUOTE]

It's not real.

[quote name='Survivalism']Melina didn't get the spot because she was already booked to fuck some other guy.[/QUOTE]

Typically I think it does, but I think last year they may have cut a few speeches down including HHH. Which seems odd that they'd edit him.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']:) I didn't even notice.[/QUOTE]

This made me laugh pretty hard. Thanks guys. :applause:

Unrelated side note: I'm getting my very first pinball machine tonight, putting it in my living room now that I'm living alone and single. (And I'll probably stay that way for a long time being 30 years old and having a damn pinball machine in my living room.)

[quote name='HydroX']Pretty decent matchup on Superstars... Hawkins vs. Kofi (yes, he's on Sooperstars!)

Does anyone else watch NXT here?[/QUOTE]

I do. NXT is fun to watch ever since they got rid of the redemption points and forgot its a competition. Where else can I get my Tyson Kidd fix?

If you mindlessly watch NXT it's pretty enjoyable. It seems like they just don't give a damn and everyone is pretty much free to do whatever they want, and you can tell the talent is having fun for the most part. I've always liked Curt Hawkins and I'm glad he gets a bit of freedom on that show. Johnny Curtis is also pretty fucking classic.

Regal on commentary always talking about his ex wives or WCW is just goddamned hilarious, too.

[quote name='HydroX']Pretty decent matchup on Superstars... Hawkins vs. Kofi (yes, he's on Sooperstars!)

Does anyone else watch NXT here?[/QUOTE]

I skip through NXT and Superstars. It's convenient as I pay a daily visit to YouTube for everything else in my Subscriptions. In that regard, I hope the WWE Network never launches, as I assume they'll toss those shows on the channel as exclusives. I don't use cable TV, so there's a zero percent chance I'll pay for the channel. The combination of NXT and Superstars is my WWE "B" show. I rarely remember to skip through Smackdown, and honestly, I'd rather not waste my time.

In regards to NXT, Kaitlyn and Maxine are good eye candy, and I've grown to enjoy Derrick Bateman and Johnny Curtis. I'd give Hawkins the Michaels treatment. Drop Rex and make Claudio his Diesel. Hawkins gets a good heel push and Claudio gets a good face push. Darren Young has potential—but he looks weird and his fro isn't helping. Highlight of NXT and Superstars is Regal on commentary for NXT and Striker for Superstars. That's probably why I don't remember to scrub through Smackdown: I can only take so much Michael Cole.

Oh, and Hunico has helped put together some really good TV matches. I hope they plan to give him an Intercontinental title push.

Looking at the PPV schedule, I see they cut it back down to 12 PPVs this year. They'd been running 14 or 15 a year for a few years now.

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']This made me laugh pretty hard. Thanks guys. :applause:

Unrelated side note: I'm getting my very first pinball machine tonight, putting it in my living room now that I'm living alone and single. (And I'll probably stay that way for a long time being 30 years old and having a damn pinball machine in my living room.)[/QUOTE]

What'd you get? I've got two in my living room (Lost World and Top Hand) and a non-functional cocktail pin in the basement.

I just spent like 2 hours creating & writing up info on Tecmo World Wrestling for the NES as well as creating individual pages for each roster member on Giant Bomb's wiki for some reason.

At least Dr. Guildo finally has the proper respect he deserves. I guess.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I just spent like 2 hours creating & writing up info on Tecmo World Wrestling for the NES as well as creating individual pages for each roster member on Giant Bomb's wiki for some reason.

At least Dr. Guildo finally has the proper respect he deserves. I guess.[/QUOTE]

Until this post I had forgotten about this game and I'm going to go seek it out and play it now. Mission Accomplished?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']WWEshop.com has a bunch of good DVD and Bluray sets on clearance for $7.99.

http://www.wweshop.com/Category/Clearance/ShopDVDMedia[/QUOTE]

Like I posted in the other thread, the Best PPV matches of 2011 blu is OOP because of an error on the second disc, apparently it won't play. I want to buy it, but knowing it's messed up, I can't.

I bit on the Wrestlemania sets on DVD. How could I not?! $30 shipped for the first 15 Wrestlemania events. YES PLEASE!

I wonder why Vol. 4 of the Anthology set is so elusive. Cheapest on Amazon is $92. I understand that XVI - XX were great WM's, but they're also heavily edited on this release, which makes me think that it'd actually be cheaper than all the other sets. Weird.

Oh. Benoit.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lombarvm']WWE shop shipping charges are outrageous.[/QUOTE]

It's weird. I add one DVD and it's like $7 or $8. I add three and it's $4 or so. WM DVD's were $8x3 = $24 + $2 sales tax + $4 shipping = $30.xx

[quote name='KaneRobot']I just spent like 2 hours creating & writing up info on Tecmo World Wrestling for the NES as well as creating individual pages for each roster member on Giant Bomb's wiki for some reason.

At least Dr. Guildo finally has the proper respect he deserves. I guess.[/QUOTE]

I spent a ridiculous amount of hours playing that game way back when. Thanks for bringing it up, good times.

I just saw where the brother of the victim in Nick Hogan's car crash died today from injuries sustained in a car crash earlier this month. Tough luck for that family.

[quote name='neocisco']I spent a ridiculous amount of hours playing that game way back when. Thanks for bringing it up, good times.[/QUOTE]

that game was the shit hands down i also enjoyed tag team wrestling it wasnt as popular but it had an impressive amount of moves you could pull off. one day i hope to finally try out one of those fire pro wrestling games ive heard nothing but positive things about those.

[quote name='nasum']What'd you get? I've got two in my living room (Lost World and Top Hand) and a non-functional cocktail pin in the basement.[/QUOTE]

Back to the Future. :)

[quote name='xilly']Super Fire Pro Wrestling X-Premium is probably the best one.[/QUOTE]

Fire Pro D's downloadable wrestlers were years ahead of their time. Not the most intuitive setup, but man, there are some super dedicated people to making wrestlers with hella accurate movesets.

There was a Fire Pro game released on PS2 a few years about which would should be able to pick up at TRU or Gamestop for like 5 or 10 dollars, it's pretty good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back