It Took 18 Seconds to Realize I Wasted $65 on WrestleMania Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally had time to finish the ROH PPV's. After watching that 2nd main event it's safe to say that Michael Elgin is definitively on the map. His match with Davey Richards was just incredible. He always came off as a solid midcarder but he showed he has what it takes to be part of the main event. Just a great match.

[quote name='Demolition Man']ROH reportedly is no longer going to use Go Fight Live going forward.[/QUOTE]

Good. After all the trouble they've had production-wise dealing with them, I welcome the change. They need to get in touch with whoever handles Dragon Gate's shows.

Edge's documentary that comes out Tuesday dropped to $20 on Amazon for the blu.. Almost bought it but I didn't like the lack of tag matches :(

Those two work together so well, it's incredible. The way those guys interact is great evidence of kayfabe being able to be maintained in an internet era - they've never dropped that stuff around each other. Mid-2000's OVW was really good for an indie, a very balanced program overall.

$99 pork loin? Heh.

2rzq3io.png

[quote name='masked lemon']Nah, he can have my sloppy seconds.[/QUOTE]

Ah, delusion, it makes the world seem so much nicer.

After watching "Pina", I thought about it, and the WWE needs to hire a dance/movement choreographer in order to teach their wrestlers to incorporate little ticks and nuances into their character so they can stand apart from one another more. Everyone remembers the little hand movements Savage did but other than a push-up or a rose, what is memorable about Swagger or Barrett?

Nothing.

[quote name='xilly']2 months, tops, then he'll be back in Japan.[/QUOTE]

His "Lord Tensai" gimmick is just an oddball mix of random Japanese stereotypes. I'm surprised his finisher isn't the Asianic spike. I bet he pays tribute to Muta with a mist on tonight's Raw.

Prior to his debut, I figured a year or two. Taking into consideration how silent he made a hot Miami crowd, I give him six months. Tops.

I remember there being Devitt fans in here.

Freakin' paste function isn't working with mobile CAG, so pardon my inability to post a link.

Prince Devitt-Low Ki is scheduled for New Japan's May 5th show. On that same show, Kazuchika Okada defends against Hirooki Goto, and Shinsuke Nakamura faces, former "Tensai" tag partner, Karl Anderson. Good stuff.

Got my CM Punk shirt in the mail today. I had no idea how small these shirts ran. =|

I always wear medium, but I'm gonna have to return this and get a large instead.

I'm just glad I ordered so early. Now I'll be able to ship it back and hopefully have my size L before Extreme Rules.

Badass shirt though. This is one of the few wrestling shirts I'd actually wear in public.

Scott Steiner is pissed at Hogan and Bischoff. Good stuff if you can push through the grammar:

Scott Steiner, who parted ways with TNA Wrestling two weeks ago, has continued to fire off messages on his Twitter account trashing his former employer’s brain trust, particularly Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff. He slams Hogan and Bischoff for their unprofessional behavior and also takes shots at their children, Brooke Hogan and Garett Bischoff. Steiner wrote Sunday evening:
* U R a fool Hogan-U n bischoff arrogantly came into Tna n disrespected n shit on evrybdy bhind closed doors n in the media

* N u didnt think u were going to piss ppl off

* U unprofessional mothrfuck’rs attackd AJ,Roode,Angle n Borash n the media,but to attack Angle professionally n personally was bullshit

* Which i will address later,YOU,bischoff n pritchard book the show,tell me how u lobbying yurself to get me back,U lying piece of shit

* No believes yur bullshit,U see money n talent in me really,U also think bitchoffs son is the future of wrestling fuck U

* Yur an idiot,U intro me to yur family n im nice doesnt mean i give a fuck about u N and yur bust-out family

* Put yur daughter on the corner n see if she can earn money on her back bcuz she cant sing or dance

* U dont know….u dont know who i am and what im capable of..yur creative control wont help u in real life situations

man i remember the good old days when steiner and his brother kicked ass as a tag team. the frankensteiner!!!!! then he got all bulked up with a tude to match. anybody know what his brother is up to? also when was the last time the great muta wrestled in the us?

[quote name='Tsel']Got my CM Punk shirt in the mail today. I had no idea how small these shirts ran. =|

I always wear medium, but I'm gonna have to return this and get a large instead.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they definitely started using a different shirt company. Ordered a XL of the BITW (white one over the summer) and it's super tight on me, but some other XL shirts (also from WWE) fit just fine.

[quote name='HydroX']Yeah, they definitely started using a different shirt company. Ordered a XL of the BITW (white one over the summer) and it's super tight on me, but some other XL shirts (also from WWE) fit just fine.[/QUOTE]

This is the first time I've ordered a shirt from WWEShop.com in over a decade, so I really didn't know what to expect. I'm pleased with the material of the shirt and glad it's not that super thin clingy material, but I just wished it fit me.

I really hope I can get this sent back, exchanged, and have it back in time for Extreme Rules. They took their sweet ass time shipping it to me. It especially sucks when the cheapest shipping is $7 and they still dawdle.

[quote name='Tsel']I really hope I can get this sent back, exchanged, and have it back in time for Extreme Rules. They took their sweet ass time shipping it to me. It especially sucks when the cheapest shipping is $7 and they still dawdle.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just get it at the event?

[quote name='mykevermin']Reading those in Steiner's voice is a-okay.[/QUOTE]

Only sweeter if you preface the first comment with "The Big Bad Booty Daddy is about to drop some knowledge" and end the last one with "Big Poppa Pump's got ya hookup.. holla if you hear me!".

Hit the music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBbQBeBXWJY

On a related note: Scott Steiner's TNA Theme, along with Abyss' original, AJ's "face" version of his theme, and Jeff Jarrett's theme are by far the best themes TNA has. All of them fit the guys very, very well.

[quote name='lokizz']man i remember the good old days when steiner and his brother kicked ass as a tag team. the frankensteiner!!!!! then he got all bulked up with a tude to match. anybody know what his brother is up to? also when was the last time the great muta wrestled in the us?[/QUOTE]
If Wikipedia is to be believed at all, Rick Steiner is a real estate agent in Atlanta, Georgia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Steiner#Personal_life

[quote name='Scorch']Why don't you just get it at the event?[/QUOTE]

Convenience, mostly. I'd rather just wear the shirt to the event and not have to deal with the crowd at the merchandise table. Besides, aren't they more expensive there? Or no?

[quote name='mykevermin']Reading those in Steiner's voice is a-okay.[/QUOTE]
Didn't know there was any other way to read that.

[quote name='xilly']Only sweeter if you preface the first comment with "The Big Bad Booty Daddy is about to drop some knowledge" and end the last one with "Big Poppa Pump's got ya hookup.. holla if you hear me!".

Hit the music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBbQBeBXWJY

On a related note: Scott Steiner's TNA Theme, along with Abyss' original, AJ's "face" version of his theme, and Jeff Jarrett's theme are by far the best themes TNA has. All of them fit the guys very, very well.[/QUOTE]

Daniels beautiful people theme was pretty solid.

[quote name='Tsel']Convenience, mostly. I'd rather just wear the shirt to the event and not have to deal with the crowd at the merchandise table. Besides, aren't they more expensive there? Or no?[/QUOTE]

They used to be on par, but I think they jacked the prices up at the event.

[quote name='Scorch']They used to be on par, but I think they jacked the prices up at the event.[/QUOTE]

$25 for shirts at the show. Plus tax, of course.

CM Punk has been mentioned as a potential opponent for Brock Lesnar but there is concern among WWE officials as to whether it would be an equal match-up due to their difference in size. Lesnar is seen as a "beast" whereas Punk is considered relatively skinny for a top level WWE Superstar. Furthermore, management wants Lesnar's programs to be box office bonanzas and Punk is seen at best fifth in the pecking order, behind The Rock, John Cena, Triple H and Undertaker. There is also concern over Punk's appearance backstage; he has been described as walking around looking like he just walked out of a car accident. Officials notice this as he often walks around backstage with a heat pack or an ice pack in tow and generally looks beaten and battered.

I suppose that's what happens when you're not popping painkillers every few hours.

A friend of mine was in the back at some indie show featuring Rick Steiner, and my friend said Rick was extremely stand-offish and had a 9mm pistol in his duffel bag.

Also: I love Scotty Steiner.

Anyone here collect WCW figures near the end of its run? I'm trying to figure out what series this Sting figure I have is from, but I can't find jack online. I'll post a picture later.

[quote name='Brak']Anyone here collect WCW figures near the end of its run? I'm trying to figure out what series this Sting figure I have is from, but I can't find jack online. I'll post a picture later.[/QUOTE]

I did.

Well, it's a slightly cartoony Sting figure where his eyes bug out, causing his facepaint / mask to pop off, revealing a sick, green skeletal face. :lol: About 10 or 11 inches tall.

I'll still post a pic in a little bit. I don't have my camera on me.

I had a few. I had a Wolfpac Sting, and a Bret Hart figure with him in 1920's gangster attire for some reason. Also had a nWo Wolfpac motorcycle that I don't remember where I got.

[quote name='Brak']Well, it's a slightly cartoony Sting figure where his eyes bug out, causing his facepaint / mask to pop off, revealing a sick, green skeletal face. :lol: About 10 or 11 inches tall.

I'll still post a pic in a little bit. I don't have my camera on me.[/QUOTE]

That was the "gross-out" line and it's quite rare. There's one listed on eBay right now for $40 ($7 shipping). The entire line was Sid, Sting and Goldberg. Bret Hart was made, but apparently not commercially released. A few are out in the wild.

http://www.amazon.com/RARE-GROSS-OU.../ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/176-7622940-8424345
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WCW-Sting-G...758?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6d4fd996

33ohb38.jpg

2u3wt51.jpg

2iv0fvr.jpg

[quote name='Scorch']That was the "gross-out" line and it's quite rare. There's one listed on eBay right now for $40 ($7 shipping). The entire line was Sid, Sting and Goldberg. Bret Hart was made, but apparently not commercially released. A few are out in the wild.

http://www.amazon.com/RARE-GROSS-OU.../ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/176-7622940-8424345
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WCW-Sting-G...758?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6d4fd996

33ohb38.jpg

2u3wt51.jpg

2iv0fvr.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Nice.

Mine is loose, but complete. Probably gonna sell it, and my other WCW figs, on eBay.

Rick Steiner is on the Board of Education in my county. At one point he was the chairman but I'm not sure if that's current. I see him around town occasionally and he's always been easy to talk to. I've even run into Scott a few times in the past and had no problem talking with him.

Scott Steiner is gold on the mic, but he's not PG13. TBH he's probably one of my favourites on the mic, they just can't air him live.

He basically lives his life getting ripped and fucking women, and generally not politicing his way to the top. Which is (sadly) why he'll never really be in the spotlight again.

[quote name='mitch079']http://www.callricksteiner.com/

:applause:

"Rick Steiner sold me my house" for the next thread?[/QUOTE]

This is definitely childish, but I can not help but laugh at the idea of someone prank calling him with a Scott Steiner soundboard. Would make for a series of hilarious recordings if done properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back