It was bound to happen: GameStop not able to fill all PS3 pre-orders

[quote name='chaarlieee']Wow.. gamestop just called me and said I could pick up my preorder friday morning.

I called yesterday and they said I wouldn't be getting one.

I was number nine in line and they said yesterday and today that they have 8, I wonder why I'm one of the top 8 all of a sudden..?[/QUOTE]

Maybe they decided to enforce their "no employees first" rule :D.

Edit - D'oh! That's what I get for not refreshing the page before posting :rofl:.

But yeah, I'm surprised I'm getting the 60GB one, actually. Although they didn't verify that I would be getting that one. I don't really care - but I did pay in full for the 60GB one :D. I'd actually be willing to be flexible and give that up if someone else wanted it (and get the 20GB instead).

I still haven't heard from my gamestop yet. They only took 7 pre-orders, so I have no idea how this might turn out.

[quote name='dark54555']I still haven't heard from my gamestop yet. They only took 7 pre-orders, so I have no idea how this might turn out.[/quote]

Just call them, that's what I did. They should be able to tell you.

[quote name='dark54555']I still haven't heard from my gamestop yet. They only took 7 pre-orders, so I have no idea how this might turn out.[/quote]

Me too. I'm calling them in the morning.

EB called me telling me I'm locked for one of the 8 they are getting in.

On the flip side I am number 6 at Gamecrazy for the Wii and i won't be getting one on launch!

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']
On the flip side I am number 6 at Gamecrazy for the Wii and i won't be getting one on launch![/QUOTE]

WTF? how did that shit happen?

[quote name='Michaellvortega']WTF? how did that shit happen?[/QUOTE]

Good question. I haven't heard anything about Wii shortages.

[quote name='dark54555']Good question. I haven't heard anything about Wii shortages.[/QUOTE]

Dont know, he said i could get one on the second shipment. I think odds are they are playing favorites on the presale order because he didnt mention anything about numbers.

So if they arent playing favorites, thats 5 or less per store.

A little news:

Some GameStops are waiting until they actually have the systems in had before calling and telling people they do or don't have one.

The bad news: Many stores still haven't gotten shipments.

Called mine and they said that I should be getting one. I was number 8 of 16. I am currently at the CC where I am number 8 in line out of 11 60gb systems that they have. I still dont trust Gamestop. So until i get it from them Ill believe it. By that way its raining cats, cows , horses, pigs, and dogs in Maryland

[quote name='dark54555']A little news:

Some GameStops are waiting until they actually have the systems in had before calling and telling people they do or don't have one.

The bad news: Many stores still haven't gotten shipments.[/quote]

This is exactly what I was told when I called this morning. They hadn't received their PS3 shipment yet and wouldn't be calling anyone until that time so they would definitely know who was getting what. Still no call... but I did swing by a different GameStop about an hour ago and the systems were being delivered at that exact moment so hopefully the truck is making the rounds in my area...

My GS said I'm getting one when I called, but they didn't confirm 60GB... I'm gonna swing by there in a while to pay off the rest of my pre-order and see if I can dig up anything.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']WTF? how did that shit happen?[/QUOTE]

my gs is only getting enough wiis to fill their pre orders, i was like, wtf?

bread's done
Back