Itagaki leaving and suing tecmo - Update: Another Employee Lawsuit

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Update: Two employees representing all 300 Tecmo employees are suing Tecmo for $8.3 million yen ($77,000) in unpaid wages, claiming they were put on a flexible hours work schedule and forced to work 100 hours of unpaid overtime a month. The suit also claims Tecmo has created false documents and has covered up accounting documents.

Update: It seems like 3 dozen more members of Team Ninja may be leaving and suing Tecmo for similar reasons.
Thanks to Strell for finding the update.

Apparently Tecmo didn't pay agreed upon bonuses. He's now leaving Tecmo and suing them for 148 million yen (which is about 1.5 million dollars).
Source

I'd love to see him experience his own personal hell by signing on with Namco to work with the Tekken team. His first day there would be a must-see moment.

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']I hope he goes and works for Capcom and he makes Ninja May Cry 5.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see what he could do with the DMC franchise, but he'll probably get picked up by another company and make an original game.

I can't see him swallowing his pride to work on other shit he has dissed in the past.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'd love to see him experience his own personal hell by signing on with Namco to work with the Tekken team. His first day there would be a must-see moment.[/quote]:lol:

[quote name='zewone']I'd love to see what he could do with the DMC franchise, but he'll probably get picked up by another company and make an original game.

I can't see him swallowing his pride to work on other shit he has dissed in the past.[/quote]

I agree Zew man. I bet he could make the Devil May Cry franchise fantastic, I mean his talent and passion for NG, and wanting it to be the best action game ever could really help DMC if he had that passion while working on it. I can just imagine what he could do for it, if anything we wouldn't be going backwards through 10 stages we already seen.:roll: Also he could slap some of the peeps in Capcom in the face and be like."Hey! where the fuck is the gore at in this game"? I agree though I seriously doubt he'll swallow his pride and go work with Capcom/The Devil May Cry franchise when all he has ever done is talk shit about it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's summertime. Nobody wants to work during the summer.[/quote]

rimshot.gif

My guess is that microsoft will pick him up. Hes been sucking their dick for awhile now. But i wonder if this means ninja gaiden 2 will be ported to ps3 now, unless microsoft paid for exclusivity.

Either way, NG and DoA are fun games. Not the greatest games of alltime but fun. Hopefully he will find somewhere to continue to make fun games.

[quote name='MarkMan']He is definitely going to head the Soul Calibur team. His influence can already be seen. Thought you knew?![/quote]

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

sc411.jpg

I doubt he's going to the SC team after seeing a trailer of Sonia in Ninja Gaiden II, as he's throwing down the gauntlet in a war over boobs between Ivy and Sonia.

25706_normal.jpg

it'd be kinda interesting to see if he'd go off and do his own company ala tetsuya mizuguchi/Q?

I'm actually more leaning to that to see how creative he can be not relying on NG or DoA.

Originally Posted by Itagaki
"To All Game Fans,

"I truly feel sorry to all the fans of the games I have made. Ninja Gaiden 2, which will launch on the 3rd of June will be the last Ninja Gaiden I will create. I will also never be able to make Dead or Alive 5. I regret the circumstances that have forced me to leave Tecmo, where I had worked for so many years, and I regret the disappointment this will cause my fans. However, I can no longer continue to work with President Yoshimi Yasuda, a man who chooses not to honor promises even when he is able to do so. I truly hope that nothing like this happens again in the future."

Respect.

I guess we know now why there will be no Ninja Gaiden 3...well at least from him. I hope he creates a new action game though.

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']I agree Zew man. I bet he could make the Devil May Cry franchise fantastic, I mean his talent and passion for NG, and wanting it to be the best action game ever could really help DMC if he had that passion while working on it. I can just imagine what he could do for it, if anything we wouldn't be going backwards through 10 stages we already seen.:roll: Also he could slap some of the peeps in Capcom in the face and be like."Hey! where the fuck is the gore at in this game"? I agree though I seriously doubt he'll swallow his pride and go work with Capcom/The Devil May Cry franchise when all he has ever done is talk shit about it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but if he works on Devil May Cry, he won't have anything to rip off. Maybe he can "borrow" stuff back from Ninja Gaiden III.

I don't know why but my respect level for him just went higher. Maybe because with all the bullshit he talks he actually backs it up by trying to stick it to da man.

Big ol' baby can dish it out but can't take it?

Cue :manbaby:

And this guy isn't worth the time we spend talking about him. Ninja Gaiden was an incredible, incredible game - but DoA are wholly forgettable fighters made slightly less forgettable with the inclusion of enormous tits, and well - what else has he done other than slander and bitch about everything around him?

He's a giant, whiny-ass, bitchy, fevered-ego manbaby whose contributions to the industry are legendarily overstated. fuck 'im.

I don't know if I really care... it's not like the DoA or Ninja Gaiden series were heading in new directions. NG2 just looks and sounds like NG again and the DoA series has pretty much felt the same since DoA2.

We may never see a press release as to which company he does land in, but I imagine the characters there will undergo a transformation similar to this:

ridiculously_large_breasts.jpg

~HotShotX

the videogame industry doesn't have as much petty infighting as the book industry or even the movie industry- so these flair ups are interesting in their rarity.
I can't say I have a dog in this fight, but if his leaving leads to a new action ip that is as much fun to play as ninja gaiden, I'm all for it.
Or just a new Kid Icarus

Myke? I love ya.

Itagaki has for a long time been an ego with legs. Ego, self-respect, self-esteem, what have you, they're all fine when they're in some way proportionate to what you've done to earn them. When ever I think of him, I'm always reminded of Romero for that very reason. And for other reasons. Long hair, some good work in the past. Although that's where it ends...

Itagaki has flashier clothes....
niceclothesoj0.jpg
romeross1.jpg

But Romero has far better posture and body language.
romero.jpg
isanlk5.jpg

Yes. I was bored. This entertained me.

[quote name='mykevermin']He's a giant, whiny-ass, bitchy, fevered-ego manbaby whose contributions to the industry are legendarily overstated. [/quote]

I completely agree.

[quote name='mykevermin']Big ol' baby can dish it out but can't take it?

And this guy isn't worth the time we spend talking about him. Ninja Gaiden was an incredible, incredible game - but DoA are wholly forgettable fighters made slightly less forgettable with the inclusion of enormous tits, and well - what else has he done other than slander and bitch about everything around him?

He's a giant, whiny-ass, bitchy, fevered-ego manbaby whose contributions to the industry are legendarily overstated. fuck 'im.[/QUOTE]
:applause:

[quote name='MarkMan']He is definitely going to head the Soul Calibur team. His influence can already be seen. Thought you knew?![/QUOTE]

:lol:

This is pretty interesting. He's only suing for $1.5 mil? I suppose that's the difference between Japan and America; if a guy of his caliber left an American company, there'd be a whole lot more suing going on. This guy is an asshole, but Tecmo is way stupid for underestimating him. He could get a job anywhere.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']:lol:

This is pretty interesting. He's only suing for $1.5 mil? I suppose that's the difference between Japan and America; if a guy of his caliber left an American company, there'd be a whole lot more suing going on. This guy is an asshole, but Tecmo is way stupid for underestimating him. He could get a job anywhere.[/quote]

I'm assuming he is only suing for the amount of the unpaid bonuses he says he was supposed to get. It would probably be bad under Japanese culture to sue for more than you're owned.

This is bad on Tecmo's part. What do they have besides Team Ninja? They have a team remaking Tecmo Bowl on the DS/Wii and what else? If I was working for Tecmo, I would be seriously worried right now.

[quote name='mykevermin']
Cue
ItagakiMB.gif

[/QUOTE]

There you go.

Give him some credit. He's got to pay them harassment bills somehow.

It makes a good starting palette. I think I'm going to put a bowler hat on him next with a cigar. :]

Maybe a white beret after that, with a glorious mustache.

[quote name='mykevermin']Big ol' baby can dish it out but can't take it?

He's a giant, whiny-ass, bitchy, fevered-ego manbaby whose contributions to the industry are legendarily overstated. fuck 'im.[/QUOTE]

And how. Unpaid bonuses? Okay, I'll give 'im that. But "boo hoo, they said disrespectful things about me"? Look who's talking. What a punk.

Wonder if they have the balls to continue DoA or NG without him. I was really curious about what the hell Code Cronus was...oh well.

Also, myke, your post is lame. I guess you prefer your game developers to be quiet, modest, and insincerely respectful of games from other developers that they don't like. To hell with anyone stepping out of that mold, eh?

He's a giant, whiny-ass, bitchy, fevered-ego manbaby whose contributions to the industry are legendarily overstated.
Replace "industry" with "forum," and that description would remind me of someone else I know...

[quote name='cdrober']I think he should go work for Nintendo, just imagine how Peach and Zelda would look after that! :p[/quote]

It would be the end of both series altogether. Both princess would be too chest-heavy to kidnap!

~HotShotX

I'm so glad he left... Now can PS3 get some Ninja Gaiden II Sigma... my Ninja Gaiden Sigma
is getting lonely..

Tecmo's loss, huge loss. They had nothing of real value while he was there that wasn't his and now Itagaki is out of the picture they'll delve right into complete mediocrity. Fatal Frame? Monster Rancher? C'mon. Ninja Gaiden and DOA delivered the numbers and revenue and kept Tecmo out of the red which was there situation before Itagaki. If what he says is the true then that's real shitty to not pay the guy who brought a bunch of high quality games what he was owed.

bread's done
Back