It's a OTT,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tech question: Just got brand new DVD that offers closed captions, but it's one of the sucky things where there's no DVD option for closed captions, and pressing the 'subtitles' button won't give them to you. The TV itself has to make them.

Now, I had turned off my TV's captions because they had been messing up when watching DVDs. I don't have cable and have not seen captions on anything else. I have an old VHS I could hook up to test and see if the problem is the DVD player or the tv.

What would make captions all garbled? They sometimes pop on the screen, but they're pretty messed up.

[quote name='joe2187']Bad news...Brother threw a brick at my Truck.

Good News...I'm getting a restraining order!!![/QUOTE]

Better news, he needs a new place to live.

I think I found the phone I want, but it looks like its release date went from Summer to Fall...I hope its out in late August or early September.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:lol:

No, the Samsung Fascinate for Verizon.[/QUOTE]

Unless AT&T service sucks in your area, why not get the Samsung Captivate? It's the same phone. They're all just Galaxy S phones... there's ones headed for TMo and Sprint too. Unless you really want to do business with the shadiest motherfucking wireless company on the planet... and be forewarned, VZW is supposed to implement capped data by the end of August.

HW specs wise, the Samsung seems to shit on everything else's chest.
However, as you pointed out, it has no flash for the camera and the camera itself is only 5mp.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Unless AT&T service sucks in your area, why not get the Samsung Captivate? It's the same phone. They're all just Galaxy S phones... there's ones headed for TMo and Sprint too. Unless you really want to do business with the shadiest motherfucking wireless company on the planet... and be forewarned, VZW is supposed to implement capped data by the end of August.

HW specs wise, the Samsung seems to shit on everything else's chest.
However, as you pointed out, it has no flash for the camera and the camera itself is only 5mp.[/QUOTE]

AT&T does suck in my area, and out of the big 3, Sprint, AT&T, and Verizon, I've been happiest with Verizon.

The Fascinate also has a 5mp camera but it has flash so it's better.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']AT&T does suck in my area, and out of the big 3, Sprint, AT&T, and Verizon, I've been happiest with Verizon.

The Fascinate also has a 5mp camera but it has flash so it's better.[/QUOTE]

Strange... I assumed that the Galaxy S should be identical across all platforms... strange that it varies that little bit for VZW.

Have fun when VZW shoves a telephone up your ass and rapes you in every possible way you can think of. :bouncy:

How the fuck does Chris Nolan manage to keep ratcheting up the tension like that? Just when you think he can't anymore he manages another level.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Bioshocked's real name is Chris Nolan?[/QUOTE]

Nice timing.

~~~

I can't wait for this people to come back Sunday. I need to get back to my home even though it will be more depressing.

~~~

It's funny it took me reading a Bill Simmons mailbag to see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI

I want his drugs.

[quote name='TheRock88']Goddamn October cant come fast enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBiI6YRfWIY[/QUOTE]

Well, most of the stills made the characters look silly and bland, but holy fuck, that was awesome. Now, I can't wait for the show. It's funny how seeing something in action can change your mind. Image comics is going to go through the roof in sales when this series comes out. Those paperbacks and hardcovers are going to be flying off the shelves.

Well, I got my first pistol.

209_beretta-px4-1.jpg

Can't pick it up until Monday though. :(

Should have gotten a 1911.

~~~

The main character in The Walking Dead is from up the road in Cynthiana, KY; very interesting. I wonder if it's worth checking out though it's a lot of books to catch up on.

[quote name='flowery']Should have gotten a 1911.

~~~

The main character in The Walking Dead is from up the road in Cynthiana, KY; very interesting. I wonder if it's worth checking out though it's a lot of books to catch up on.[/QUOTE]

I don't want a .45ACP until I learn how to reload.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I don't want a .45ACP until I learn how to reload.[/QUOTE]

Weak, but starting with something small is smart also.

~~~

I forgot Newman and Bill Murray was in Space Jam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back