It's a OTT,

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='seanr1221']Temp, I need your help...

What do you think of this?

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11541546&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|79|2341|74672&N=4041016&Mo=18&pos=3&No=1&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=74672&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC34411-Cat2341&topnav=[/QUOTE]

You know, it's always hard to say. I actually looked at this model a few weeks back and to be honest, I wasn't impressed with the picture, but as always, it's probably because it was a split feed going to every TV in the place and my face got a nice tan from the cranked up contrast.

That being said, despite the contrast, the darks were still very very dark which is a good sign considering it was calibrated by a vampire bat. Also, at that size, a 1080p Sony with a two year warranty is quite the deal and with Costco, if you don't like it, you can always return/exchange it hassle free.

I guess the only thing I would ask you is, at that price, would you be willing to wait for the price on LEDs to come down a bit? That price isn't far from what Sony offers in their LED line...

[quote name='flowery']Weak, but starting with something small is smart also.

~~~

I forgot Newman and Bill Murray was in Space Jam.[/QUOTE]

$15 per 50 > $23 per 50

[quote name='Temporaryscars']You know, it's always hard to say. I actually looked at this model a few weeks back and to be honest, I wasn't impressed with the picture, but as always, it's probably because it was a split feed going to every TV in the place and my face got a nice tan from the cranked up contrast.

That being said, despite the contrast, the darks were still very very dark which is a good sign considering it was calibrated by a vampire bat. Also, at that size, a 1080p Sony with a two year warranty is quite the deal and with Costco, if you don't like it, you can always return/exchange it hassle free.

I guess the only thing I would ask you is, at that price, would you be willing to wait for the price on LEDs to come down a bit? That price isn't far from what Sony offers in their LED line...[/QUOTE]

Where do you see LEDs around the same price?

I see the one at Costco but it's a 52" and it's edge lit.

When it comes to LED, doesn't backlit > edge lit?

[quote name='TheRock88']I'm guessing you just saw TMK's updates Mak?[/QUOTE]

Well yeah but it was already something on my mind due to someone else using it already (who shall remain nameless). This is a trend I can't deal with.

Ok, so went to Best Buy...

They have the CostCo tv for 2,700.00 but said they'd match CostCo (although I wouldn't bother, since CostCo gives you the extra year on your warranty).

However, Best Buy does have this 52" LED

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+...HDTV/9763418.p?id=1218169464926&skuId=9763418

and it comes with this surround sound/blu player...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+...stem/9769907.p?skuId=9769907&id=1218170519187

So the question is...get the 55" LCD at CostCo for 1700 or the 52" LED + blu/surround sound for 1800.

Keep in mind I already have a blu player and surround sound system...and the LCD is 240Hz while the LED is 120Hz.

[quote name='Maklershed']Well yeah but it was already something on my mind due to someone else using it already (who shall remain nameless). This is a trend I can't deal with.[/QUOTE]

I know someone who fits the description.

[quote name='seanr1221']Ok, so went to Best Buy...

They have the CostCo tv for 2,700.00 but said they'd match CostCo (although I wouldn't bother, since CostCo gives you the extra year on your warranty).

However, Best Buy does have this 52" LED

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+...HDTV/9763418.p?id=1218169464926&skuId=9763418

and it comes with this surround sound/blu player...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+...stem/9769907.p?skuId=9769907&id=1218170519187

So the question is...get the 55" LCD at CostCo for 1700 or the 52" LED + blu/surround sound for 1800.

Keep in mind I already have a blu player and surround sound system...and the LCD is 240Hz while the LED is 120Hz.[/QUOTE]
Don't spend any extra money on 240hz, it's a marketing gimmick once you get past 120hz.

The CC was last night manthing. Today its Inception and 'happiness'.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I know someone who fits the description.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:\"

[quote name='Maklershed']The CC was last night manthing. Today its Inception and 'happiness'.

:whistle2:\"[/QUOTE]

Most people I know don't do things in general excess, like some retarded man babies I know.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Don't spend any extra money on 240hz, it's a marketing gimmick once you get past 120hz.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I've been looking around since I posted that, and it seems like the jump from 60 to 120 is noticeable, but not so much from 120 to 240 like you said.

I talked to my gf and we're both set on the LED. We'll just have to sell her blu player and my surround. We'll be getting 3 less inches but it also uses half the power.

Sucks I won't be getting the CostCo warranty...at least I'll get 85.00 in reward zone certs.

[quote name='Maklershed']The CC was last night manthing. Today its Inception and 'happiness'.
[/QUOTE]

'Happiness'?

I see you stopped by your weed guy.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']So I've decided to write a 'creepy children's book' about a turtle.[/QUOTE]

Make the turtle look like this:

WP-Tuck.png

I spent all day washing the siding. Today was a good day to do it, because it's 100 out, bt I was soakign wet all day, so it felt like 80. At least until I started to finish up around 5. I started to dry out by then and could feel the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back