It's Bigger than "The Hip-Hop Thread"

I wonder how many copies X sells in this day and age. I never hear any of the mainstream listen or talk about him anymore. He must pull some decent numbers though as he's still sold at Target.

pickup per CAG recommendation

281x094.jpg

I like it, not enough to consider it AOTY material, but definitely something I'll go back to and relisten many times.

my standout track is the MOP song... omg if that's what the G-Unit record woulda sounded like it woulda spent an entire year in my playlist... too bad that shyt aint coming out anymore.

in other new record buzz... antbody heard new DJ Revolution and new Large Professor?? they've both caught my attention lately and I definitely wanna check them out soon.

DJ Rev btw was from another CAG heads up lol

[quote name='senorwoohoo']"Respiration" is fucking brilliant. Too bad it's more than likely we'll never see those three collab to make a song like that again.[/quote]

Which is why I will put up some more songs

Next is mastermind Army of Pharaohs with the ancient rapper celph titled in the group.

Underground ya dig?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wLtLAEbw3w

Dump the Clip

Best sample ever ROFL.

[quote name='JEKKI']pickup per CAG recommendation

281x094.jpg

I like it, not enough to consider it AOTY material, but definitely something I'll go back to and relisten many times.

my standout track is the MOP song... omg if that's what the G-Unit record woulda sounded like it woulda spent an entire year in my playlist... too bad that shyt aint coming out anymore.

in other new record buzz... antbody heard new DJ Revolution and new Large Professor?? they've both caught my attention lately and I definitely wanna check them out soon.

DJ Rev btw was from another CAG heads up lol[/quote]

yeah man, I tried to pick up the DJ Rev at Best Buy... it said they had 2 copies but we couldn't find em...

I recommeded that Jake One, the DOOM tracks are ridic and other standouts include "The Truth" and "Feelin' My Shit"

Any thoughts on that new Murs?

I'm halfway through my fourth listen and some tracks are kind of painful. I love "The Science," "Can It Be," and "Everything," though.

I was listening to something not too long ago and I cant for the life of me remember what it was!!

But Celph spit this line about being pissed off that Chick-Fil-A is closed on sundays and I started rofling all over the place!

lol that's the problem... I havent listened to much anything new!

my last emusic pickups:

Brooklyn Academy - already talked about it.

Invizzible Menz - I didnt like it... I like T-Rex and... that's it.

Braille - loved it!! definitely gotta get more of his stuff

Danny! - it's cool, but I havent listened to the whole thing yet... I'm actually listening to it rite now.

I got DJ Revolution, Large Pro, and Dr Dooom lined up for when my account resets.

also DJ Quik and Warren G are both headlining a show around halloween weekend!!!

Warren G!!!!!!!!!!

but it sucks coz I got an exam the following tuesday :bomb: studying is crucial, I cant go!!!! :cry:

Outside of DJ Drez's new mixes, The Mighty Underdogs (its okay but not great) is the only new thing I've been listening to.

Lately I've been listening more to R&B and Soul music than anything else

I hadn't noticed the Blackstar and Tribe posts in here. Good lookin'. I might as well contribute myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDl01O2JRVU
"Yo, thou shall not KILL, I WILL if I have to
You say I'm the one promotin' violence, well I ask you
Have you ever heard the sound of bullets passin' you?
Have had the thought of going out with someone blastin' you?
Willin' to be killin' maybe is a great sin
but it's not appealin' when bullets penetrate skin
What pain when a brain leaves a stain with the quickness
So I get a fool if I think that I'm on his shitlist..."

One of my favorite albums of all time. Superior practitioners of the internal rhyme scheme.

93 Til is just outside my top 5 of all time... doods were on freakin fire on that record

[quote name='senorwoohoo']What didn't you like about Invizzibl Men? Just wondering.[/QUOTE]

the thing about it to me was how unmemorable it is. The record didnt seem bad but I listened to it twice and the only thing I remember is Bobby got heeeeeeeet

and the main reason I gave it a 2nd listen was becoz I couldnt remember it the first time o_O

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGKrV1SjtxY

Keep in mind this is new and only a teaser track with some beats. King Mathers is going to be fucking ridiculous. The only thing I need to get used to is his new voice.[/quote]

After dropping three dope albums in a row Em really fucked on on Encore. I'll still most likely give King Mathers a try as long as it's halfway decent.

I think I'm the only person who wasn't feeling anything after The Marshell Mathers LP. I don't know what it is, but if he isn't rocking his "Slim Shady" persona on records then I'm bored to tears. From rhyme schemes to content I feel like SS is the ideal Eminem. Although I will say his verse on Renegade was the perfect balance between the two styles and I would gladly listen to an album chock of it.

As a matter of fact now that I think about it... I sort of did. I was in fact the MM LP, haha.

Ah well. I have high hopes for KM and I'm just glad to see one of the best mainstream has to offer back at the helm.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Although I will say his verse on Renegade was the perfect balance between the two styles and I would gladly listen to an album chock of it.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I love that song.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I think I'm the only person who wasn't feeling anything after The Marshell Mathers LP. I don't know what it is, but if he isn't rocking his "Slim Shady" persona on records then I'm bored to tears. From rhyme schemes to content I feel like SS is the ideal Eminem. Although I will say his verse on Renegade was the perfect balance between the two styles and I would gladly listen to an album chock of it.

As a matter of fact now that I think about it... I sort of did. I was in fact the MM LP, haha.

Ah well. I have high hopes for KM and I'm just glad to see one of the best mainstream has to offer back at the helm.[/quote]

I still feel that the Slim Shady LP is his best album... it was him at his most imaginative and creative state.

And Em owned Jigga' own his own track. Hopefully the Blueprint 3 is good as well.

I'm honestly surprised Jay went ahead with it considering how staggering the gap was between the two of them. He had to have anticipated the opinion of real heads once Blueprint came out. The original Renegade was just Em with Royce on it, though. Royce did his thing but Em snuffed his shit too, haha. I wonder now with how ridiculous 5'9" is spitting presently who could take who on wax.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGKrV1SjtxY

Keep in mind this is new and only a teaser track with some beats. King Mathers is going to be fucking ridiculous. The only thing I need to get used to is his new voice.[/quote]

Seriously... why is King Mathers (which is no longer the title I believe, yeah, it's now Relapse) going to be fucking ridiculous?... cause the only dic in Encore was how much dic it sucked...

Eminem hasn't dropped a dope verse since the 8 Mile soundtrack, and that was a loonnngggg time ago. I was one of his biggest fans and can still put in The Eminem Show anytime for a listen, and I love playing the Slim Shady EP... but how can anyone seriously be amped for an Eminem album without hearing something that would make you open up your ears to listen, and a "teaser" shitty freestyle, for me, is not that.

and yeah, Royce's "Renegades" verse shits all over Jay's.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']The reason I'm "amped" is because it shows potential. Potential I thought was lost after the MM LP. That's all.[/quote]

That's what I'm asking though... what about it shows potential?

[quote name='DestroVega']That's what I'm asking though... what about it shows potential?[/quote]

Em gettin' back on his Slim Shady shit. Action speaks louder than words and that track put my mind at ease as to whether or not I'd sit this one out. I was expecting worse is all, but if that's an inkling of what's to come I'll probably end up stomaching most of his new album.

Anyway... Black Milk - Tronic preview on his MySpace. The new flow and delivery suits him. Definitely picking it up.

freakin 2008 out of nowhere again...

from ughh newsletter, released yesterday:

FB5125CD.jpg

new Black Milk... looks hot

DDM2095CD.jpg

Rustee Juxx... hella lookin forward to this being the album DIRT should have been.

NSD140CD.jpg

Duck Season... always an enjoyable listen.

YRI110408CD.jpg

o_O Primo!!

Warren G is gonna be doing another show in November which is good since I cant make it this weekend!!

but... it's on Nov 20... which is a thrusday!!

fuuuuuck that... I'm 70 miles from the venue and work full time :cry: so close yet so far :cry: :cry:

very surprised! I listened to Onyx - Cold Case Files today with absolutely no expectations other than "damn I bet this is gonna suck but it's old Onyx so I wanna listen to it"

it's real good!!! vintage onyx sound, classic 90s hip-hop vibe!! If you like first 3 Onyx albums then definitely check this one out!!

my only gripe is that supposedly these songs are hella rare, the quality is not that great at all.

maybe it's jus the MP3s I got, but sum songs are like crackling and shyt... nothing was remastered or anything, like they jus found a bunch of old songs and burned them onto CD.

previews!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRFQUmojTwM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcYU3bEzHhM

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Yeah I heard about that three-disc idea on OKP earlier. I won't believe it 'til it's in my hands. Sorry, Lupe.[/quote]

Yeah, I know what you're saying. Didn't he supposedly have a couple other projects on the table as well?

[quote name='primetime']Yeah, I know what you're saying. Didn't he supposedly have a couple other projects on the table as well?[/QUOTE]

The only other one I knew of was that CRS group with Pharrell and Kanye, but who knows if that will amount to more than "Us Placers", which I still love and play.

I honestly doubt it will. I remember Lupe saying only if each of them had the time would they pursue the album and that was more than a couple of MONTHS ago. Either way I can't help but LOL @ the 3 cd set. Unless it's unusually dope (which I doubt it...) it won't help me forget about his faux retirement plans.

Supernova Lulz @ at writers who "run out of things to write about".

As much as I love Lupe... get the f*ck out of here with that noise and stay gone.

dood what is that?!?!

I like it! I want it!

:writes down on shop list:

time is too expensive these days... I needa go to LA to buy more music but I cant seem to find the opportunity :cry:

-EDIT-

o dang... Group Home made a new album??

supposedly it's been out like since earlier this year.

it's not even listed on amazon, I randomly came across it jus now lol

00grouphomewherebackfroia5.jpg

I bet it sucks

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JEKKI']dood what is that?!?!

I like it! I want it!

:writes down on shop list:

time is too expensive these days... I needa go to LA to buy more music but I cant seem to find the opportunity :cry:

-EDIT-

o dang... Group Home made a new album??

supposedly it's been out like since earlier this year.

it's not even listed on amazon, I randomly came across it jus now lol

00grouphomewherebackfroia5.jpg

I bet it sucks[/QUOTE]

If you dig those three songs, you'll love the album as those three are some of the weaker songs on the album (though So Beautiful is one awesome song but then again, I really dig Sharlok Poems). Good luck finding a copy in a B&M store, Goon Trax is the only that has released the album. There is a killer remix on the album from DJ Chika under his Inherit name. And Incise also did the beats on Prince Ali's I Miss 1994 album.

Also, yeah, the new Group Home does suck. Don't get me wrong, there are a couple good tracks but its definitely not worth the purchase.

bread's done
Back