It's Bigger than "The Hip-Hop Thread"

[quote name='JEKKI']dood what is that?!?!

I like it! I want it!

:writes down on shop list:

time is too expensive these days... I needa go to LA to buy more music but I cant seem to find the opportunity :cry:

-EDIT-

o dang... Group Home made a new album??

supposedly it's been out like since earlier this year.

it's not even listed on amazon, I randomly came across it jus now lol

00grouphomewherebackfroia5.jpg

I bet it sucks[/quote]

i messaged incise on myspace. the album was a japan only release. he does have a few copies. hes sending me one for 16$ shipped. dont know how many he has though to sell. the cd sounds amazing.

I had to take an exam today, decided to make a stop before coming back home...

e03hvm.jpg

they didnt have Incise... and I dont have myspace...

anyway, the only thing I listened so far was High Decibels.

I like it but I also feel like for me they didnt do enough to make the songs distinguishable from each other,

tho it's most likely becoz their overall style isnt anything I look forward to listening to, but it's still very fun!!

[quote name='JEKKI']I had to take an exam today, decided to make a stop before coming back home...

e03hvm.jpg

they didnt have Incise... and I dont have myspace...

anyway, the only thing I listened so far was High Decibels.

I like it but I also feel like for me they didnt do enough to make the songs distinguishable from each other,

tho it's most likely becoz their overall style isnt anything I look forward to listening to, but it's still very fun!![/QUOTE]

I hear ya. It's good shit, but it's very much in the same style.

[quote name='Bavgate']What's everyone think about that new Q-Tip album, The Renaissance?[/QUOTE]

Likin' it after one listen.

[quote name='Bavgate']What's everyone think about that new Q-Tip album, The Renaissance?[/quote]

it's pretty good. very solid.

haaaaa! I found that song I was talkin about earlier!!

from Cunninlynguists Sloppy Seconds 2, song called Clap It (or just Clap supposedly, if you're hearing it off the Gatalog)

Celph Titled goes like

"run up in the church and let my motha **** gun spray
pissed the **** off coz Chick-Fil-A closed on sundays"

dood, Celph is a genius lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzi6edqA0PE

if u havent heard it, 3rd verse.

btw I miss Chick Fil A... havent eaten it since like 2006 when I moved home :cry:

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']fuck, this is killing, so what better to ask this than in the hip-hop thread, what's the song N.E.R.D. remixed for lapdance?[/quote]

i don't get it...

[quote name='DestroVega']i don't get it...[/QUOTE]

The underlying beat(s)/song for lapdance comes from somewhere else, ergo, N-E-R-D remixed/remade another song into lapdance, just like Puff Daddy would do with Notorious BIG.

The sample? Wow... good luck. I hadn't noticed one was used. Worst comes to worst if no one comes through just search for a DJ/producer message board and ask them. They are your best bet outside of having the album jacket in your hand.

Yeah, I don't know that sample either. Sorry.

Anyone else already know that Dilla did the drum programming on a Poe track ("Fingertips") back in the mid-90's? She had that sorta-hit-single "Angry Johnny." Anyway, I thought it was kinda random/great how he worked with her when he primarily did hip-hop/R&B stuff.

Neptunes dont sample do they??? I thought theyre all synthesizers and instruments and stuff...

in other news, new Statik Selektah is real good. It's pretty much the exact same formula as the first record hence the album's title. He even brings back like half the doods from album 1 as well.

Regardless the album is hella quality, if u like him then check him out. The only bad thing I can say is with all the different ppl on his record he's manage to do a straight up sausage fest twice... get sum girls on your beats maaaan, and not like some r&b hook... that doesnt count.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C7__SC9aVc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29ILFEvPj50

Joe Scudda's verse in the 2nd song is hella charming btw

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Yeah, I don't know that sample either. Sorry.

Anyone else already know that Dilla did the drum programming on a Poe track ("Fingertips") back in the mid-90's? She had that sorta-hit-single "Angry Johnny." Anyway, I thought it was kinda random/great how he worked with her when he primarily did hip-hop/R&B stuff.[/quote]

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']The sample? Wow... good luck. I hadn't noticed one was used. Worst comes to worst if no one comes through just search for a DJ/producer message board and ask them. They are your best bet outside of having the album jacket in your hand.[/quote]

Yeah, that's the word!! I was having a bad case of tip of the tongue. I hate when that happens. Thanks for finding it for me.

Also, it might not be that the remixed a sample or used one, but that perhaps that beat of theirs has been sampled in other songs later down the line. Anybody know if anyone has sampled that song by the neptunes? Maybe that's the case and I'm just confusing the two.

[quote name='JEKKI']Neptunes dont sample do they??? I thought theyre all synthesizers and instruments and stuff...
[/quote]

I thought that were the case as well, but maybe someone sampled the beat from lapdance. Do you know of any JEKKI?

I might be a little late learning about them, but I have been playing The Bake Sale from The Cool Kids everyday to and from school. I don't know when I will bother putting another cd in my car.

[quote name='AK85']I might be a little late learning about them, but I have been playing The Bake Sale from The Cool Kids everyday to and from school. I don't know when I will bother putting another cd in my car.[/quote]

I still haven't listened to that album yet as the unofficial mixtapes have kept me content for quite a while now. I'm not sure if I ever will listen to it either because a large majority of those tracks I've already heard. Is it REALLY worth listening to?

yeay I heard that name Cool Kids here and there so I decided to check their album out...

I was like man... these guys are hella boring...

I like how they talk about playing Street Fighter tho.

Although certainly an acquired taste, the Cool Kids knock in the ride pretty hard, can actually spit, and sound a hell of a lot better than most of the mainstream getting rotation where I live so that's mainly why I like most of their material.

Some of their new shit I'm not feeling though but if they get put on then more power to them.

Yo i went to see Murs Kidz in the hall Big Pooh and Isaiah last week it was awesome. Double O (Kidz in The Hall DJ) brought out the Vocoder and started singing "I dont give a damn its still tricking if you got it!" LOL!

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Just read that Blueprint 3 probably won't be dropping this year.

Oh well.[/quote]

better to not rush it

wish I understood some of the flack that Blue Sky Black Death is getting for their new album. No they didn't sellout as the sound is purely their's if you've been paying attention to instrumental stuff. And if they really wanted to sell out, you would think that they would have picked a genre of music that actually sells (dream-pop doesn't sell). And I don't see this as a grab to get press as though the album is amazing IMO, I don't see a lot of cross appeal outside of fans of trip-hop and those people are already fans.

I can understand people just not liking it but some of this shit that I've read online talking about the album....yeesh.

[quote name='JEKKI']damn I needa stop sleeping on Slue Sky etc... u keep saying so many good things about them!
[/QUOTE]

Well, their new one isn't hip hop but rather dream pop/ trip hop.

They fucking rule, even when Hell Razah and Holocaust drop shitty verses on their albums, the instrumentals always rock (though disc 2 from A Heap Of Broken Dreams is really fucking good along with the instrumental first disc).

edit: and for the lazy but curious (the whole album has been uploaded to youtube), here is my favorite song on the album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJPlHs0HqS0

Last edited by a moderator:
anybody gotta PS3?!?!?!

Street Fighter HD comes out next week and I'm hella lookin forward to this:

But wait, there’s more! Exclusive to the PlayStation Network, fans will have the opportunity to download the Street Fighter Underground Remix Soundtrack for free! I was able to get a few of my favorite hip hop artists to create original songs inspired by the series. Here’s the line up: Redman, Hieroglyphics, DJ Qbert, DJ Toure, Zion I, Mistah F.A.B. and Oh No.

^_^b

tonite there's a Warren G concert I really wanted to go to, but it's a thrusday nite... wtheck?!?!?!

but next friday there's a Bel Biv Devoe concert! haha I wanna go there also!!

I've never heard of BSBD but I must admit that track has me curious. I've never heard of the Dream Pop genre either which as of now I wouldn't mind skimming its surface.

Recommend me some albums or point me in the right direction if you please Fart?

First, you need to get some stuff by the Cocteau Twins, Ink.So.Well.

Also, no one talking about Tronic? Man, some of the tracks on there are ridiculous...in a good way, of course.

Appreciate it Senor.

The only reason I haven't sung the praises of Tronic is out of fear of waking the raging fanboy within. Oh, and I heard yesterday that HOT 97 has been spinning Give The Drummer Sum so I'm absolutely ecstatic for Black.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']First, you need to get some stuff by the Cocteau Twins, Ink.So.Well.
[/QUOTE]

I personally would have went with Slowdive, Julee Cruise, Stina Nordenstam, Lush and Halou

I finally got 'Electric Circus' by Common, and all I have to say is that I've been sleeping on this unique gem for way too long...

[quote name='DestroVega']so,um... yeah... anyone feeling that new Kanye album?[/QUOTE]

Haven't listened yet but I'll post some impressions soon.

I like Tronic a lot, but in comparison to that other producer rapping on his own album I listened to recently, I like Large Pro a lot more.

Large Pro album is more of a throwback style record tho, something that I would really like but Tronic has a much more universal appeal that I would recommend to anybody.

I really liked that Q-Tip album too btw! I gotta get that new Pumpkinhead also!!

thanksgiving break is over... back to work :cry:

I guess that makes it christmas now... and I got gifts!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EQPVRR64

these are the rap songs available on PSN in conjunction with Street Fighter HD Remix,

I uploaded them for yallz! they're free songs but u cant get them off Xbox Live.

5 tracks: Hiero, Redman + Oh No, DJ Q Bert, Zion-I, and DJ Toure + Mistah FAB

also...

LIGHTBULB LEVEL the album(2005):
www.sendspace.com/file/bi66id
----
ElectroRock vol.1 (2006)
www.sendspace.com/file/jlnw3d
----
ElectroRock vol.2 (2007)
www.sendspace.com/file/jezj3a
----
ElectroRock vol.3 (2008)
(a 3 disc mixtape set to be individually released on 8.8.08, 8.16.08, and 8.24.08.)
----
Disc 1:
www.sendspace.com/file/hrd8yy
----
Disc 2:
www.sendspace.com/file/sxsi8b
----
Disc 3:
www.sendspace.com/file/afkdwd

taken from http://www.youtube.com/user/ScrambleTv

Turbo's shyt I forgot to post here! street fighter + hip-hop. yes!

Like when I drive to the arcade listening to Black Milk and Statik Selektah

I love Turbo. Gigaton Punch is a timeless classic IMO. I'm still looking for downloads for Yup Yup Yup, Blue Cyclone and Vega Cut. ;'(

here's the link to Yup Yup Yup: http://www.sendspace.com/file/9jb3kd

it's a package of 9 songs with Yup3 included, the link came from the description of Vega Cut.

anyway, new emusic pickups!

finished Dr Dooom 2
new Reef the Lost Cauze (!!!)
new Foreign Exchange
Blue Sky Black Death - Heap of Broken Images
and used my remaining tracks to start Illa J

I still needa hear new Sadat X this year, but apparently the emusic copy is a clean advance.

I'm also interested in new Diamond D, but I heard it sucks...

I also finally copped Incise's album! off blogspot tho lol, dont feel like spending $30+ from cduniverse.

I also heard mention of a new Evidence mixtape! gotta hit up google soon for that...

[quote name='JEKKI']
Blue Sky Black Death - Heap of Broken Images
[/QUOTE]

Did you get both discs?

Only new thing that I've been listening to is Freddie Cruger's new one, Just Chilling In The Spot. I would put it above Soul Searching but just below Nuggets For The Needy. Dude releases only top quality shit. I bought both the vinyl and cd but I have to say that the bonus tracks on the CD makes it the version to pick up, Keep Striving is the fucking shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back