It's Bigger than "The Hip-Hop Thread"

bam! I never showed u guys what I got for christmas from work...

2gtp5cn.jpg

hella new jack swing lol.

anyway, I had sum amazon MP3 credit so I decided to try the service out...

it's pretty cool! it's like emusic coz u gotta DL a separate download program, so u jus purchase and download and it's easy!

copped this for $5

51Y9QEHZ8YL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

if the quality is good, I'll most likely be a returning customer!! :)

and umm... currently listening to that new Pumpkinhead... it's pretty good, not mindblowing and not as good as Brooklyn Academy, but it's good.

I also listened to Kenn Starr - Starr Status... I dont kno who he is and had zero expectations going into it...

$#@!% it was awesome!!

Glad to see another Kenn Starr fan. I really liked that album.

I'm re-visiting Kanye's Graduation and I'm feeling the same way I did back when it first dropped. Some of the beats are hot but his rapping can get on my nerves really quickly.

word 2009.

my top hip-hop albums of 08?? Pretty typical...

top 5 in no order...

EMC - The Show
Opio - Vulture's Wisdom
Statik Selektah - Stick 2 the Script
Large Pro - Main Source
Reks - Grey Hairs

so today I finally reached the last album on my 4gb MP3 player (I've been listening to everything sorted by album in alphabetical order)

Wild Cowboys... by Sadat X.

I've always wanted to hear this, and honestly... it's not that great.

it's good, but had I heard it in its time I still woulda brushed it off.

However, it did a real great job at undoing the hurt I felt listening to Generation X.

Generation X is an absolutely terrible, horrible album... omg it's so bad...

I'd rather listen to 11th Hour... back to back with Carter III.

I am so glad I didnt pay for it btw... "previews" saving me money!!

oh yah, I donno if u guys saw America's Best Dance Crew last nite...

there's on crew, Beat Freaks, they're a strictly popping locking and bboying crew.

or rather, b-girl since they're all female.

anyways, theyre #@*$ awesome!!! they're pretty much the essence of hip-hop dance,

theyre first routine was to Din Daa Daa. anyways, I hella hope they win!!!

[quote name='JEKKI']
However, it did a real great job at undoing the hurt I felt listening to Generation X.

Generation X is an absolutely terrible, horrible album... omg it's so bad...

I'd rather listen to 11th Hour... back to back with Carter III.
[/QUOTE]

Though Generation X is a really bad mixtape (yeah, I said it), its a few levels above 11th Hour or Carter III

edit: yeah, Radio is pretty fucking sick. Makes up for the shit Exile has made these past few years

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I know you didn't like his stuff on Below the Heavens, which makes me a sad man.[/QUOTE]

nope, I didn't. When you've heard him progress from Emanon to his solo work, the beats on Below The Heavens are of him regressing. Hell, I really dig the C.R.A.C. Knuckles album (glad they put more stuff out after their single) but the beats on that are weak as well compared to his earlier work.

edit: durr, mixing up Exile and Ta'Raach. Ta'Raach is the dude in C.R.A.C. Knuckles

Last edited by a moderator:
I listened to some Emanon yesterday and can see what you mean. But after playing Below the Heavens so many times, his production just feels right.

Now I just wish I could move on to another Blu project like J&J or C.R.A.C. Knuckles.

speaking of which, I jus got Johnson n Johnson from emusic... and I'm carrying the MP3s with me rite now on a flash drive

:)

I'll prolly listen this afternoon

[quote name='JEKKI']speaking of which, I jus got Johnson n Johnson from emusic... and I'm carrying the MP3s with me rite now on a flash drive[/QUOTE]

pretty good album. It makes sure you keep an eye on Mainframe

also made a stealth edit a few posts above (just want to point out my brain fart)

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Yeah, I was wondering what you were talking about, haha.[/QUOTE]

its been a really long day

At least I corrected myself

I've heard Ballskin and it's ill but I'm tired of him not upping the vocals and still miss the old production. I can barely him on the track and when I can't dissect his lines it takes all the fun out of listening to him. ;'(

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I've heard Ballskin and it's ill but I'm tired of him not upping the vocals and still miss the old production. I can barely him on the track and when I can't dissect his lines it takes all the fun out of listening to him. ;'([/QUOTE]

Maybe you have a shitty copy 'cause I can hear it all clearly.

Ballskin was produced by Jake One and apparently was used once already by Planet Asia... DOOM loves recycled beats, whether his own or someone else's!

I'm real sad now,

becoz Boxcuttuhz jus got kicked off the show

and I really liked them a lot

:cry:

but I'm also happy,

becoz I jus found out from ughh.com newsletter that I totally slept on an El Da Sensei album that came out last year

and it's on emusic,

and my account appears to be reset!

El Da Sensei

A new DOOM track! I gotta hear it! I also need to get those special herbs cd's. I love DOOM's instrumentals.

I checked the Cool Kids shit based off the debates from here and other boards and I gotta say.... quite the breath of fresh air... They aren't the dopest MC's out there, but I think the beats bang and the music is solid. Good start for them.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']OH shit, new Kurious album coming soon![/QUOTE]

kick ass, still nice to see him get respect these past few years after everyone slept on him 2 weeks after A Constipated Monkey came out in 94

Anybody picking up that new P.O.S. next Tuesday?

posneverbettercoverfx2.jpg

[youtube]vfo-EGDBEAY[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone find any good albums so far this year? I've only come across two and a mixtape:

Myka 9's 1969. Great to see Factor get some love plus its some of his best beats to date. And Myka 9 who is usually hit or miss, is completly on the top of his game outside of one song (him trying to keep pace with Busdriver is a bit weak and doesn't fit his style at all). Really good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5jgvxChm7Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoINb_hKXoQ

Cradle's new one, Velvet Ballads. Though IMO its not as good as Attitude but its still top notch. Only one bad song on it which has Talib Kweli on it. Everything else makes up for that song though. Nice to see CL Smooth do something good (dude hasn't released anything good in at least the past 5 years). Chika and Trackmaster adding a pianist and a flute player for this album is a really good touch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQOafAQ8Erg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQOafAQ8Erg

Jazz One's newest entry in his Sublime series. Volume 6 is definitely bumps volume 3 down a rung as the best entry. The songs he uses are a bit more mainstream that what he usually uses but it really works as a whole. If you can find yourself a copy, its definitely worth the purchase or download

maaaan what can I tell u guys... this is a slow ass year so far.

the only new thing I'm listening to is that song by TI where Rhianna's all like

"my la hee~ my la hoo~ my la haww~ my la haa haa!!"

this group called the Knux... I never heard of them but theyre performing at the Street Fighter IV launch party next week.

I looked them up on youtube, they seem pretty cool.

Q-Bert and Supreme Soul gonna be there too lol.

El Rey in Los Angeles.

it's funny coz the tickets are only $15! (before ticket master adds another $300 -_-)

but parking there costs like $1000

LOL @ Soulja Boy thinking he can end anyone's career. Joke of the fucking day.

DOUBLELOL @ Bow Wow dissing his Lamb when that damn negro is so poor among celebrities he had to do it trying to stunt in a rented one.

So sad.

dang I really wanna listen to that song for the comedic value of it,

but it's real awful!!! the song is so bad I cant even get 1/3 of the way thru!!!

I respect Soulja Boy's career tho...

his youtube career. He's hilarious!!!

bread's done
Back