It's Bigger than "The Hip-Hop Thread"

He might as well diss Jay-Z or 50... what does it matter?...

Going after Bow Wow? wow... really gunning for the big dogs...

Anyone hear that Bow Wow song with JD by the way?... "Walk like me, talk like me"... lol

gay rappers for sure.

Meh. A sad story sure but I still don't have any remorse for the kid that got hustled by Joey. Real talk, he got got and should have used his damn brain. Like hell you're going to catch me handing over a few Gs to duke like it's nothing without some kind of written signed and sealed contract. End of discussion.

Exposing Budden is nice and all, but on the real it doesn't change the fact the kid is was a damn sucker and won't do much to tarnish what little rep Joe has left in the game.

Thanks negro.

And on the Buddens thing, having him on the track prolly wouldn't have helped the kid at all. I mean, shit. Joe Budden doesn't even want to be on his tracks.

PUMP PUMP PUMP IT UP

[quote name='HovaEscobar']The link to the website....would've never found it otherwise....[/quote]
I was just wondering since you said negro, I ain't black :p

But no prob man, it's like one of the best hidden threads ever

Hah Mr.bubbles, you posted up: Kenichiro Nishihara - Consider My Love ft Pismo

I was gonna do that sooner or later here, I've had that song on blast for the past month, I love it!

Here's some interesting hip hop trivia, i have no idea if any of this is true, but a lot of it is quite humorous.

Eric. B beat down Large Professor and ran Kool G. Rap out of New York to Arizona after ‘G. Rap revealed Large Pro produced most of the beats Eric B was supposed to have done on the Eric B. & Rakim albums and “wanted dead or alive”.

not a single member of the group NWA had a criminal record

Pharrel use to carry records around for Teddy Riley he also produced and wrote ‘rump shaker”

Ghostface beat mase up quite badly

Master P, Ma$e, and Cam’Ron all had a chance to go to the NBA
Nelly had a chance to be in the MLB

Chino XL is a member of MENSA

Canibus admitted that he had never smoked marijuana in his life. (Courtesy of Rolling Stones - November 13, 2002)

Just blaze got into producing, mostly to buy videogames.

LL cool j wanted to do a song with odb. But when odb got to the studio. He rip off one of LL’s plaque & pissed on it. Which made LL mad & got sercuity on him.

Jay Z ghostwritten Dre’s verse on “Forgot About Dre”

NAS wrote “MIAMI” for Will Smith

Lil Wayne ghostwrote for Bow Wow before.

Will smith hid in a closet when suge night and his blood friends stormed a studio in cali.

Rakim wrote some verses for ‘paid in full’ three years before the album came out … that wouldve meant he wrote that sh*t around the ages of 14/15 …damn

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Hah Mr.bubbles, you posted up: Kenichiro Nishihara - Consider My Love ft Pismo

I was gonna do that sooner or later here, I've had that song on blast for the past month, I love it![/QUOTE]

yeah, Humming Jazz is quite the awesome album

RIP Lamont "Big L " Coleman 1974-1999

big-l.jpg

Big L, to me, was probably one of the best in the game. He could do everything. He could do punchlines, he could tell stories, he could freestyle, everything. Specifically his punchlines were one after another and his flow was dope. He never really received as much mainstream success as a Jay Z and he was even about to be signed to Roc A Fella before he died. Jay Z went on to sign Cam'Ron, who was an affiliate of L, a fellow Harlem MC, and he appeared on the track "8 is Enuff" off of L's first album. He was shot and killed in Harlem at the age of only 24 on February 15.. RIP L.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYfKMIdoJL0

Check that out, you pretty much get the gist from that right there.

Here's a more amusing verse of his. Good shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DcGSyuBMEE

Last edited by a moderator:
ironically, this past week I was listening to Diamond D's Hatred Passion blah blah blah album that had a Big L verse on it,

in addition to Reks - Grey Hairs where he spits that verse imitating Big L's style

New Dead Prez album coming out this year... Information Age...

I can't be the only one who cares.

Lex Records says Born Into This will drop this spring and that DOOM is planning other releases this year :lol: We'll see.

[quote name='primetime']Lex Records says Born Into This will drop this spring and that DOOM is planning other releases this year :lol: We'll see.[/quote]

The album is titled "Born Like This" and it's coming out March 24th definitely.

There's already a 5-song sampler floating around... shit is fire.

DOOM is back.

[quote name='DestroVega']The album is titled "Born Like This" and it's coming out March 24th definitely.

There's already a 5-song sampler floating around... shit is fire.

DOOM is back.[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda pissed at the drums on "ANGELZ", though. I thought the original version was fine. Hmph.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I'm kinda pissed at the drums on "ANGELZ", though. I thought the original version was fine. Hmph.[/quote]

It kind of sounds unmastered now... I dunno, the new lyrics and stuff are nice on it.

I don't really care bout that song anyway, being so old, it's a bonus to me... the new songs are incredible.

Have you guys heard of this guy called Colin Munroe? I sorta like his stuff. Its not hardcore rap or anything, its more upbeat.

[quote name='DestroVega']It kind of sounds unmastered now... I dunno, the new lyrics and stuff are nice on it.

I don't really care bout that song anyway, being so old, it's a bonus to me... the new songs are incredible.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I'll agree with that.

man u guys are awesome. I downloaded like everything on this page so I got more stuff to listen to at work tomorrow.

I jus wanted to say tho... fuck ticketmaster!!!

I'm trying to get these $15 Kool Keith tickets for friday, but after all the fees they come out to $27.80.

fuuuuuuck that, I'm jus gonna go and buy them at the door,

and if they wont sell me then I'll jus find something else to do that nite t(-_-t) buying one ticket for the price of two smh...

[quote name='help1']Have you guys heard of this guy called Colin Munroe? I sorta like his stuff. Its not hardcore rap or anything, its more upbeat.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I heard his mixtape and some of it was pretty damn good.

Eh Jekki... what's good with the TSST front? Any word on when Turbo will release the full version of Teleported from FFFF? Ugh. That song went dummy hard until he decided to pull that bullshit. Since he released that mixtape I still listen to the outro hoping to hear more. >;\

Strayen is fucking money on the boards. I'm telling you in a couple of years that guy'll be choppin' up gold bullion in the lab. Seriously.

LOL. Congratulations man. Oh, and thanks for checking for me. I don't think I've ever gotten a shout out from an artist and I stay hold most of the new cats I'm into on YouTube. Not to mention ALL of them negros know about it. Ugh. ;'(

EDIT - Senor that blog is pure gold. LOL!

"I'll throw a TV at you."
Prodigy, Keep It Thorough

If this is supposed to be an attack on someone it's basically the worst attack ever because while Prodigy is unplugging and awkwardly picking up a very heavy television set, I'm telegraphing his move, sliding to the side while I punch him in his face

[quote name='Rozz']New Dead Prez album coming out this year... Information Age...

I can't be the only one who cares.[/quote]
No you are not i am getting that album. I like Dead Prez a lot i'm upset i missed them when they came to DC.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Anyone else heard Braille & S1's Cloud Nineteen already? Pretty damn good.[/QUOTE]

I've only listened to it a few times so far but Found Her has to be the standout track to me so far.

[quote name='fart_bubble']I've only listened to it a few times so far but Found Her has to be the standout track to me so far.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a good one for sure. My favorite is "Megaphone Phonics" 'cause he just goes off.

Kinda a sub-topic but still related, what lyrics still get you excited, blow your mind, etc to this day?

Biggie's verse on "Hope You Ninjas Sleep" off of Born Again still makes me lose it. It's just so mean and perfect.

What does it for your ears?

Edit: I guess it'd be nice to include the lyrics if you can't find a youtube of it:

Check the pain I inflict, like a convict, the Fulton digger
Jump in the Acura Vigor, after I stick ya
Rip ya like a razor, straight up Henny with no chaser
Watch me erase ya, misplace ya
Put you in the back with the derelicts
Yeah, I pop plenty shit
Chump, I'm making hits
No time for the crack rock and shit
Took it to another level
Now I'm getting crazy papes, getting paid from the devils
Another amateur trying to damage the pedigree
Of the B-I-G-G-I-E, you know it's me
Hoes I thought you know I'm smooth as a babies ass
Smooth as Teeddy Pendegrass, smoke the grass, get in your ass
The Brooklyn born Teflon don, wrecking shop
Getting props, proving nobody drops
Words as potent as the blunt smoking Bed-Stuy bandit
And $$$$as just can't understand it
I bust a cap for the brothers in Nap Nap, Comstock, and Clinton
You know my shit is hitting
Yeah ya'll a fly $$$$a, Biggie Smalls
Kicking flavor, make a $$$$a wanna dig up in they drawers
For the burner, catch a body
I got styles like karate
Jujitsu, when I hit you then I split you
Like a cantaloupe
Hope you got a rope to hang yourself
I rob for self, from Brooklyn, where else
Fat like a Lexus coupe, I'll rip your troop
Not even Lois Lnae could get the scoop
What you think I'm stupid
My crew is mad deep
I hope you $$$$as sleep

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MadChedar0']Kinda a sub-topic but still related, what lyrics still get you excited, blow your mind, etc to this day?

Biggie's verse on "Hope You Ninjas Sleep" off of Born Again still makes me lose it. It's just so mean and perfect.

What does it for your ears?[/QUOTE]

Y'all So Stupid's The Plant, Da King & I's Tears and Boogiemonsters' Mark Of The Beast

I have a surplus of quotables in my dome piece to answer just such a question, but to keep it short and sweet A-Plus going in on SoM's Make Your Mind Up comes to mind. It doesn't matter where I am or what I am doing whenever I play that track I feel obligated to recite his entire verse aloud word for fucking word.

Seriously ill.

Oh, and ditto for his amazing verse on Live And Let Live.

yup, lots of old Hiero/SOM/Del shyt often comes to the forefront of quotables. I like a lot of stuff from Opio's solos also, verses from Mind Soul & Body, Driver's Wanted, etc.

lots of shyt off the BlackStar album also, Common's verse from Respiration is always a fan favorite.

Gangstarr, Guru is always nice on the mic. Mass Appeal is one of those songs where u listen and you're like damn this guy is the truth.

Nas's verse from the Made You Look remix,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKbaORyjg_s

last verse, dood rips it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdZcKgp1nHM

lastly the hook to Vakill's Serpent & Rainbow.

I'm STILL waiting for that new Vakill album!! :bomb:

bread's done
Back