Jacksonville CAGs

Hot Like Wasabi

CAGiversary!
Here it is, at the request from the Florida thread.

Anyways, I hit two Rhinos yesterday (3rd St / Kernan) and walked away with Metal Slug 4/5 (Xbox) for $9.50 and The Suffering:Ties that Bind (xbox) for $4.50, both new. Nothing for PS2 had really gotten a big markdown yet but here are a few more titles I spotted:

King of Fighters 02/03 (Xbox) - $9.50
Odama (GC) - $24
Arena Football (xbox) - $7.50

Also, I am trying to sell a copy of Burning Rangers, signed by Yuji Naka and Naoto Ohshima with a disc only Dragon Force thrown in for $150 if any body is interested ;)

[quote name='Stace']FYI... As of yesterday evening, Circuit City in Regency had plenty of copies of Chibi Robo, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, and Battalion Wars for the Gamecube, all at the $14.99 reduced price. They were still labeled $49.99, but rang up at $14.99.[/QUOTE]

Must save money for system launches and black friday. MUST RESIST!!!

[quote name='border']Has anyone seen the new OPSM with Guitar Hero 2 demo in local stores?[/QUOTE]

Not yet, I have been checking everyday at Target

There are OPM mags at rhino and B&N. I have a 2 Wii game preorders at different locations but nobody to stand in line for me :(

So I have been working at the Target store in Yulee this past week (and next which sucks since I live around Jax beach). On my way home today, I noticed a video game store called "Game Over". I plan on stopping in tomorrow but has one one heard of this place? It is right across the street from the new Target.

game over? doesnt sound good. Good luck with that. Anyone in jacksonville should check out Gamers Galore. Gaming enthusiasts dream, good stuff there.

I'm really tempted to check out Toys R Us, but I just got a new laptop and I'm still trying to save for a Wii or a 360...anyone been yet?

[quote name='Hot Like Wasabi']So I have been working at the Target store in Yulee this past week (and next which sucks since I live around Jax beach). On my way home today, I noticed a video game store called "Game Over". I plan on stopping in tomorrow but has one one heard of this place? It is right across the street from the new Target.[/quote]

I live out at the beach also,, what "new" target are you talking about.

[quote name='battleroyal33']I live out at the beach also,, what "new" target are you talking about.[/QUOTE]

I was saying it sucks since I live at the Beach and have to drive all the way to Yulee to the new Target out there.

Checked out that Game Over store, kinda cool, reminds me of Rhinos but they carry harder to find stuff (Atari Lynx, TG16, a few rare games such as Guardian Heroes and Dragon Force, etc). Nice place to check out if you get bored one day.

Take 95 North to the Fernandina Beach/Yulee exit (take a right after the exit). Just keep going a few miles and on the right hand side is Game Over in a strip mall. If you pass Target/Home Depot, you went to far.

Gamers galore is on normandy in the big lots shopping center, its kinda next to the slot machine place, its best to take I95, take the exit to get to normandy, and go down a couple of blocks to get to normandy. Take a left to get to said shopping center. Then search for the hole in the wall game store. Its a trip thats worth it

Sears at Regency has a *huge* shelf next to the games isle with discounted crap. A lot of it is just regularly priced GH stuff, but I also saw a few good deals...
Dead or Alive Ultimate Collectors Edition (features DOAU1 and 2) - $15, five copies
Advance Wars DS - $17
F-Zero GX - $10

Check it out if you're in the area. They've taken down all the glass cases - everything was open. They're definitely getting ready for Wii and PS3.

Anyone know if any local places broke the street date for Guitar Hero II? I just read about someone in Miami getting it from Target today, and there's a topic about Best Buy in the main forum...

I had a pretty busy day hitting sales for some early Christmas shopping. Here's some stuff I saw that may be of interest:

Wal*Mart (Beach/Southside)
- Brain Age (DS) $14.00
- Half-Life 2 Holiday Pack (PC) $29.99 (includes HL2, HL2 Ep. 1, HL Source, and CS Source)

Circuit City (Regency)
Huge and newly-filled bargain bins littered the game section. Most of them say "14.99 or less."
- Donkey Konga 1 / 2 / Jungle Beat (GC) $14.99 without bongos, $19.99 with bongos
- Half-Life 2 (Xbox) $8.96
- TimeSplitters Future Perfect (GC/Xbox) $13.99
- Mega Man Anniversary Collection (Xbox) $9.99
- Polarium (DS) $8.96
- Space Channel 5 (PS2) $9.99
- Sonic Mega Collection / Monkey Ball Deluxe Combo Pack (Xbox) $14.99
They had a lot of quality games to choose from - it wasn't mostly sports, for once. There were also about ten copies of Phoenix Wright on DS.

Best Buy (Regency)
No bargain bins that I could see, but there is a new isle of discounted stuff back behind the PC games.
- Donkey Kong Jungle Beat w/ Bongos (GC) $19.99
- Sonic Riders (GC) $19.99

Dollar General (near Beach / University)
A ton of really shitty PC games for $5.99. Mixed in with them were a couple copies of Tron 2.0, which isn't half bad.

Good luck.

LOL the google ads for this page is for Wasabi. LOL you are famous Hot like Wasabi!!!!!

Anyone getting GOW or Guitar Hero II tomorrow?

Just picked up the Guitar Hero II bundle at Circuit City. I asked someone in the games department if they had the coupon books mentioned in the main forum, and they didn't know about them. I took it to customer service and they marked it down for me. They also gave me a $10 giftcard - for some reason, this doesn't show up at regular registers. It only works at customer service. They also gave me the beanie advertised in this week's ad.

Definitely the best deal in town.

I don't know if I'm doing it yet or not. I got my Gamecube and DS at launch at Wal*Mart, and they've been great in the past, so I'll probably use them again.

[quote name='Semedi']Don't mind me, just wanted to tag this thread so it's easy to follow in the future.[/QUOTE]

Well, assuming you are in the area, why not contribute, we could always use another Jacksonville CAG that can post there finds.

Im definitely not camping. My plan is to go to the 103rd Wal-Mart around 10pm Saturday. If that fails, I'll wait for Rhino across the Wal-Mart. Which reminds me, is everyone here east of the St. Johns River?

I'm torn between going to Wal*Mart around 10 on Saturday night (for Wii) or going to Circuit City early the next morning and trying my luck with that $40 off coupon...

I am off that thursday and saturday, im going to wait to be the second person in line, because i don't want to be the biggest dork in jacksonville, being the second most biggest dork, I can live with

[quote name='Hot Like Wasabi']I was saying it sucks since I live at the Beach and have to drive all the way to Yulee to the new Target out there.

Checked out that Game Over store, kinda cool, reminds me of Rhinos but they carry harder to find stuff (Atari Lynx, TG16, a few rare games such as Guardian Heroes and Dragon Force, etc). Nice place to check out if you get bored one day.[/quote]

Thanks for the compliment! I own the Game Over! store in Yulee. We've only been open a few weeks, so all of our really cool collector stuff isn't out yet. We have tons of it though. Next time your in introduce yourself, I love to meet other CAG's and DP guys.

Oh and "Sying" it's Games Galore that is on Normandy, not Gamers. :)

[quote name='shanonw76']Thanks for the compliment! I own the Game Over! store in Yulee. We've only been open a few weeks, so all of our really cool collector stuff isn't out yet. We have tons of it though. Next time your in introduce yourself, I love to meet other CAG's and DP guys.

Oh and "Sying" it's Games Galore that is on Normandy, not Gamers. :)[/QUOTE]

My bad G. Do you have an address for your place? I'd love to shop there, since there is a lack of good gaming stores in Jacksonville that I have been to.

[quote name='shanonw76']Thanks for the compliment! I own the Game Over! store in Yulee. We've only been open a few weeks, so all of our really cool collector stuff isn't out yet. We have tons of it though. Next time your in introduce yourself, I love to meet other CAG's and DP guys.

Oh and "Sying" it's Games Galore that is on Normandy, not Gamers. :)[/QUOTE]

What kind of collector stuff do you plan on having? The FFXII mem cards were cool.

Here is the scoop guys.... two Targets in the Jacksonville area will be 8 PS3 (Mandarin and Regency) while the rest are getting 6 (its getting broken down 4+2 and 6+2 but not sure which of each).

Hot Like Wasabi- The FFXII Memory Cards have definately been a hit, due to the fact nobody is carrying them locally. We did get in some Phantasy Star Universe memory cards last week which are pretty cool. We're trying to get our hands on anything the corporate stores won't carry for the most part. For the classic gamers, we're working on filling up the collectors case you saw in the back. We got just about any RPG for the PSOne, SNES, Sega CD, and Sega Saturn, complete, nice and minty. Just trying to figure out what to put in the case since we have more stuff than room right now.
Sying- No problem. The Games Galore store is owned by Jerry McCoy and his son usually is there running it. They are cool guys and have alot of neat stuff. Definately worth checking out if you're in that area. Me and him have worked together for quite awhile around Jax.
Were on A1A in Yulee. The easiest way is to take I-95 to the Fernadina Beach exit and hang a right (coming from Jax). Go down about 5 miles. We're on the right, in Tyler Plaza. There's a Beds for Less and Anytime Fitness in the same center. We're to the left of Beds for Less when you pull in. Just look for the signs. If you get to Target/Chili's/Whataburger, you went too far.
Swing by, I'm the Military guy with the short hair. My wife Sarah is the blonde and Sam is the brunette. If you ever went to the Regency EB Games, then you'll probably recognize Ken, he was the Store Manager there.
We're still putting things together and figuring out how we want to do stuff, but we're open for any suggestions. If you can make it up, let us know what you think and what you would like to see. We're trying to make our store a one stop shop that everyone wants to come to, hang out, etc... :)
GamerGuy- Thanks, this has been a long time coming and we're super excited about everything. We've only been open about a month now but everyone has been great. We have some awsome customers who are really cool. Getting the word out has been the hard part. We can't afford commercials and stuff like that yet, so pretty much we're relying on word of mouth.

I was waiting until we got a little more established to do this, but....the CAG community has been good to me, well before I ever opened my own place. So in return, I'd like to thank all the CAG's out there with 10% off all pre-played games and movies. Just mention you're a CAG member when you come in.

I called around to see if anyone broke the street date for the Wii with no luck, but I have some stock numbers for some of the local Wal-Marts:

Beach / Southside - 27 units
Phillips Highway / Emerson - 24 units
6600 Beach Blvd - "over 20 units"
Normandy Blvd - "We're getting them in on Friday." (Yeah, right)

[quote name='Hot Like Wasabi']We got them in today but of course not selling them, we got in around 40 Wiis[/QUOTE]

Is your Target doing the ticket system on Saturday night, or is it just the first 40 in line on Sunday morning?

The line at Rhino is already full, so I'm going to leave pretty soon to go to Walmart. Good luck to anyone else trying for a Wii...

I was #17 out of 20 at the Wal-Mart on Beach/Southside. I spent 13 hours in line and walked out around 12:30 AM. Never again, lol...

Twilight Princess is awesome, though.

I had such bad luck with trying to get a Wii.

Woke up at 4 and went to Target at the Town Center. Waited 3 hours, and ended up being #31 out of 29.

Headed over to the Target in Ponte Vedra.

#63 out of 60.

Finally, went to Toys R' Us at Regency.

#19 out of 12.

It was a looong day. I really wanted to get one before Thanksgiving.

Eh I got the Wii, and I wanna add all of you to my friends list...

my wii number is 2113 1882 4705 1873... sying i found your number in the wii number thread... hope we all get to see each other's mii creations

bread's done
Back