Jacksonville CAGs

Hot Like Wasabi

CAGiversary!
Here it is, at the request from the Florida thread.

Anyways, I hit two Rhinos yesterday (3rd St / Kernan) and walked away with Metal Slug 4/5 (Xbox) for $9.50 and The Suffering:Ties that Bind (xbox) for $4.50, both new. Nothing for PS2 had really gotten a big markdown yet but here are a few more titles I spotted:

King of Fighters 02/03 (Xbox) - $9.50
Odama (GC) - $24
Arena Football (xbox) - $7.50

Also, I am trying to sell a copy of Burning Rangers, signed by Yuji Naka and Naoto Ohshima with a disc only Dragon Force thrown in for $150 if any body is interested ;)

Stopped by Target at the Town Center today and found Prey for $12.48 (PC version) in the clearance section. They have Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne for that price too, not much else.

I also stopped by Game Over! in Yulee. It's well worth looking at if you're in that area for whatever reason. They had a lot of collector's stuff, like boxed Chrono Triggers and import Saturn games. Pretty good prices too, I was surprised to find that some of the current $49.99 games used were $39.99, as opposed to EB's $44.99 scheme. They've also got a lot of controllers for classic systems, and now that Rhino is out of Jax and GameForce has stopped carrying a lot of the older stuff, it's really the only somewhat local shop that has anything of that genre.

What's that? I can't hear you over my pal Competition. You see, he's currently screaming bloody murder.

I haven't found a deal to speak of in town recently, and I've been around.

Found an awesome deal at the Wal-Mart on Beach/Southside. They have the JBL On Tour speaker system for PSP for $20.00. Regularly $99.99!

http://www.amazon.com/JBL-Tour-Port...7?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1176608726&sr=8-1

It's the same one they sell for MP3 players and other devices, but it's packaged as a PSP accessory. It includes a little clip that holds the PSP onto it. It also comes with a nifty carrying case. They had about 15 left.

Also stopped by Circuit City at Regency. They're putting out a few more "cool deals" games, but nothing too special.

Target Southside, Electronics section Wii Store and Play pack with Wii stand, 512 card, strap, rubber holster $25.00. Also the collectors tin for $12.00. Also the Southside CompUSA..... not closing... unfortuantely. Any word about the regency CompUSA?

[quote name='sying']Target Southside, Electronics section Wii Store and Play pack with Wii stand, 512 card, strap, rubber holster $25.00. Also the collectors tin for $12.00. Also the Southside CompUSA..... not closing... unfortuantely. Any word about the regency CompUSA?[/QUOTE]

Also not closing. I never see anyone in there. "THIS IS MADNESS!!"

[quote name='sying']PC wireless dongle + wireless 360/pc controller 59.99 at best buy in the PC area. only in white though[/QUOTE]

Which Best Buy?

I also saw the new black 360 accessories at FYE in the Avenues mall. They had a controller, play and charge kit, and a combination of both for $70. They also had the 120gb hdd. I wisely spent my money instead on Funimation (anime) dvds that were on sale (3 for $12 or 5 for $15). I got 5 Lupin dvds for $15.

For those of you who are looking for a Wii, I found one. It's at the Kmart in Neptune Beach on Atlantic. They also had the PS3. They had some clearance games there too.

Chris

Picked up EyeToy Groove at Sears at the Avenues for $17.49, camera included. They've got a bunch of crap games marked down too.

I've been reading on other websites that florida now requires thumb prints and Id for all trades and no cash back store credit only. can anyone verify this?

Thumbprint for cops to use if games are stolen. But in all the time I did trades the cops never had come in to investigate. Also there is no way to identify one game from another unless the owner put some identifying mark on the disc. Cops don't even use trade -in info in thier investigations.

I work at the Blockbuster on Beach / University. We have a few games included in that 50% off sale. Only one I think was notable is Half-Life 2 (Xbox) for $4.99.

[quote name='moonknight25']I got it....its okay but more of the same shit from the others[/QUOTE]

more of the same "great" shit from the others, you mean

icondead.gif

Sears at the Avenues still has a copy of EyeToy Groove with the camera for $17.

Circuit City on Southside by the Avenues had a copy of Elebits for Wii for $16.87, along with a few random crap PS2 and Xbox games. Circuit City at Atlantic/Southside has a bunch of copies of God Hand at the same price.

There, I posted something! Still nothing big, though. I haven't had a chance to go hunting because Blockbuster works me 40 hours a week. =/

There's a Game Force in Oakleaf Plantation now. I didn't see any rare games. It pretty much carries stuff that Gamestop already has.

Yeah , Im friends with the game force regency brothers, they want to reopen somewhere else once they get some inheritance or something. there are game force mandarin and san pablo but put on sanitary gloves and face masks before you enter, they have Rival Schools for 70.00!!!

Oh Target Town Center they have the Psyclone PSP speaker system for 24.88 which is great because its a drop from 99.99

Don't mind me just dusting off the ol' thread. Don't bother with the TRU 9.98, either we have a bad case of the hoarders or TRU "Is who we thought they were (crappy).... AND WE LET THEM OFF THE HOOK!"

Game Over in Yulee had a B2G1F this past weekend...ended up spending $120 on xbox games. They seem to have most of the "rare" xbox games in stock... Just couldnt find aliens vs predator :(

[quote name='shanonw76']
Were on A1A in Yulee. The easiest way is to take I-95 to the Fernadina Beach exit and hang a right (coming from Jax). Go down about 5 miles. We're on the right, in Tyler Plaza. There's a Beds for Less and Anytime Fitness in the same center. We're to the left of Beds for Less when you pull in. Just look for the signs. If you get to Target/Chili's/Whataburger, you went too far.
Swing by, I'm the Military guy with the short hair. My wife Sarah is the blonde and Sam is the brunette. If you ever went to the Regency EB Games, then you'll probably recognize Ken, he was the Store Manager there.
We're still putting things together and figuring out how we want to do stuff, but we're open for any suggestions. If you can make it up, let us know what you think and what you would like to see. We're trying to make our store a one stop shop that everyone wants to come to, hang out, etc... :)
[/quote]

These directions are from the owners post earlier in this thread

Dang that's like an hour away from my area.

Anyways Game Force in Oakleaf sold me Shenmue for DC that doesn't work at all. The guy behind the counter was telling me they use a $10,000 machine to get rid of scratches on discs, and nontheless the discs had no scratches. Perhaps the machine did too good of a job and ruined the discs. Oh and on the receipt it fn says "SORRY NO CASH REFUNDS". Shit.

But all my other games work. I got Jet Grind Radio from the same store and it runs fine. I have 2 other games from when I had a Dreamcast the first time and they work too...so I highly doubt its the hardware. I'll admit though I got my current system from a flea market for $5, and man it was dirtier than a truck from Middleburg....yea its probably the system.

As a futile attempt to revive this thread... GS Lem Turner (Home Depot) got some great used blu ray and HDDVD movies. Also doing a search on gamestop, there seems to be a lot of stores with REZ

bread's done
Back